Page 181 of 246 FirstFirst ... 81131171177178179180181182183184185191231 ... LastLast
Results 4,501 to 4,525 of 6149

Thread: Ask a Question Thread - READ FIRST POST

Quote Originally Posted by Generic User Name View Post
    Yes, you will always receive damage from hazards on the turn when a Pokemon enters unless they are blocked by an ability, an immunity (levitate<spikes), or Rapid Spin
    I believe Serpentine was referring to if you use Roost on a Flying type/Levitator after you have already switched in. In that case, you would not be affected by Spikes/Toxic Spikes, since they only affect those Pokemon switching in.

Quote Originally Posted by jesusfreak94 View Post
    I believe Serpentine was referring to if you use Roost on a Flying type/Levitator after you have already switched in. In that case, you would not be affected by Spikes/Toxic Spikes, since they only affect those Pokemon switching in.
    This is correct if only on a linguistic level. If you are not entering the battle, then you can't be hurt by entry hazards. If temporarily killing your Flying-typing in the middle of a battle made you get hurt by entry hazards after you were already in, the same thing would happen if a Balloon got popped or if you got hit by Soak.

Ok, so plz hear me out.

I recently regained my love for pokemon ( 22 years here )

I read up about IV and EV, and i guess i got the picture.

Now for a competetive team:

What pokemon do you recommend? For every aspect of the team ofc =)

Im playing heartgold atm, and thinking of buying white/white2.

Also, 2 quick questions about IV and EV =p

If i fully EV trained a pokemon, and its only lvl 30 after it, is it ok to go ahead and train on other pokemon WITHOUT screwing up the EV training? =p

And, is there a max ammount of IV's on lvl1? So i know if a freshly hatched pokemon has good IV's =p

I hope i didnt go too much OffTopic =x And i hope you guys can give me some examples on good competetive teams in heartgold =D

Thx <3

Quote Originally Posted by ToothPick View Post
    Ok, so plz hear me out.

I recently regained my love for pokemon ( 22 years here )

I read up about IV and EV, and i guess i got the picture.

Now for a competetive team:

What pokemon do you recommend? For every aspect of the team ofc =)

Im playing heartgold atm, and thinking of buying white/white2.

Also, 2 quick questions about IV and EV =p

If i fully EV trained a pokemon, and its only lvl 30 after it, is it ok to go ahead and train on other pokemon WITHOUT screwing up the EV training? =p

And, is there a max ammount of IV's on lvl1? So i know if a freshly hatched pokemon has good IV's =p

I hope i didnt go too much OffTopic =x And i hope you guys can give me some examples on good competetive teams in heartgold =D

Thx <3
    www.smogon.com/ should help you getting into competitive field. And about your questions.
    1) When you use all possible 510 EV's on what you wanted, you can level up with every Pokemon then, since your Poke won't be getting more EV points.
    2) Not sure I got the question, but the higher level Pokemon is, the easier it is to tell it's IV's. So be sure to keep track of your EV's as most accurate IV's are at Lvl.100
    Hope I helped.
    Kawaii >3<
    >_<
    ^^
    -___-^
    (01:41:52) *** Your rank in Standard OU is 62/47119 [1391 points / 1016 battles]! Smogon server

(22:46:55) *** Your rank in Standard NU is 40/3980 [1206 points / 152 battles]!

Ok, thx for the answers! =D

Whats your advise for a team in heartgold?

Ill also check out that site you posted, thx

First question, yes it is safe. Second question, IVs can be any number between 0 and 31. -1 is impossible and 32 is impossible. Acceptable IVs for competitive purposes is anything over 20 generally speaking, though 31s are perfect obviously.

Edit: 0-31 in one stat that is. I guess the maximum for every stat combined would be 6 * 31 = 186.

Because it's heartgold, you can do iv check battles. Choose the option that all pokémon will be at level 100 during the battle and use those stats to check iv's.

Ok, these answers are great! Thx alot.

Any possibiity that you can give me some examples of good teams?

Ok, these answers are great! Thx alot.

Any possibiity that you can give me some examples of good teams?
    Some good teams are here: http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?t=542406

Quote Originally Posted by Ragnarok
    In short we have teamed up with Teamuber, Marriland, CrazyAmazingLeague, and Pokemon Mysiddia to create one big Pokemon Online Server that will be available for Serebii members to use now =D (as well as everyone else obviously).

Anyways the server will be called "The Pokemon Society" and should be up sometime today or this weekend at the latest and the server will follow Smogon Tiers.
    Might be a dumb question, but is this still a thing? Is there anything special you have to do to access it?

Oh lol, that went away many, many months ago. Too bad because it was really cool seeing all the people from those sites in one place.

BH, how are you doing?
    [IMG]http://i40.*******.com/72c21g.png[/IMG]

Spoiler:- :):
        Spoiler:- Credits::

I'm still pretty new to this and can't seem to find the answer anywhere. Can an event Pokemon's move be passed down through breeding? Perfect example, the new Extremespeed Pikachu event in Japan. This Pikachu is female, Level 50 and knows the moves Extremespeed, Thunderbolt, Grass Knot and Brick Break. Since Extremespeed isn't an egg move or even a move Pikachu can learn regularly at all, can other Pikachu be bred to have ExtremeSpeed too?

Quote Originally Posted by J2kmn View Post
    I'm still pretty new to this and can't seem to find the answer anywhere. Can an event Pokemon's move be passed down through breeding? Perfect example, the new Extremespeed Pikachu event in Japan. This Pikachu is female, Level 50 and knows the moves Extremespeed, Thunderbolt, Grass Knot and Brick Break. Since Extremespeed isn't an egg move or even a move Pikachu can learn regularly at all, can other Pikachu be bred to have ExtremeSpeed too?
    Event moves cannot be passed down unless they are also egg moves. Plus, females can't pass down egg moves at all.

Bummer. Thanks for the answer though. I appreciate it.

here's a good question, other than Chansey/Blissey what is a solid Venusaur counter when the sun is up.

judging from the responses I got at gamefaqs, perhaps Venusaur needs to follow Excadrill if it can't be countered outright, I know there's got to be a pokemon who's not a legendary that can do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Almighty Zard View Post
    here's a good question, other than Chansey/Blissey what is a solid Venusaur counter when the sun is up.

judging from the responses I got at gamefaqs, perhaps Venusaur needs to follow Excadrill if it can't be countered outright, I know there's got to be a pokemon who's not a legendary that can do it.
    Choice Scarf Latios or Alakazam with any Psychic attack. Outspeeds and one-hits.

Quote Originally Posted by ChaosBlizzard View Post
    Choice Scarf Latios or Alakazam with any Psychic attack. Outspeeds and one-hits.
    geez, no priority attackers at least? dang Venusaur just seems like Excadrill mach2 more and more.

Darn, i checked out Smogon. And its all so complicated o.o
    Things about finding out your secret ID, making shiny perfect pokemon eggs ?!!?!

I got the feeling im drowning in all this information lol o.o

Any experienced battlers here, who think they can help out a noob with some tips or infos? Takle me under your wings plz =p

Quote Originally Posted by Almighty Zard View Post

Heatran can wall it's moves and when holding the Air Balloon not even the mixed set with Eartquake can hurt it, then it can OHKO with Fire Blast
    Edit: I forgot this, if Venasaur doesn't have any boost Hydreigon can take a Modest Life Orb SLudge Bomb and KO back with a fire move, if Venasaur does has +2 (used Growth once in the sun) but it doesn't have the Life Orb it only has a 37.5% chance of OHKOing Hydreigon
    My Friend Safari:
    3DS FC: 1564-3608-3734
    Please PM/VM me so I can add you I'm looking for lots of Friend Safaris

Darn, i checked out Smogon. And its all so complicated o.o
    Things about finding out your secret ID, making shiny perfect pokemon eggs ?!!?!

I got the feeling im drowning in all this information lol o.o

Any experienced battlers here, who think they can help out a noob with some tips or infos? Takle me under your wings plz =p
    Actually I found it quite simple you put the seed into the program (the save file or enough information for it to show the information you need you follow the guide about the frames or time and then you go to the day care for the 31 IVs egg..
    seems simple if you understand the mechanics.

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Oak
    Only two things are infinite, the universe and the amount of zubat in caves, and I'm not sure about the former.
    Shortcut to damage calculator

I guess i dont understand the mechanics then =p

I mean, does it use an Action Replay? To input a code or something? I cant hookup my ds+game to the pc so, im alrdy lost there...

I guess i need more reading, in order to fully understand it =p

Quote Originally Posted by pkmnswampmaster View Post
    Heatran can wall it's moves and when holding the Air Balloon not even the mixed set with Eartquake can hurt it, then it can OHKO with Fire Blast
    Edit: I forgot this, if Venasaur doesn't have any boost Hydreigon can take a Modest Life Orb SLudge Bomb and KO back with a fire move, if Venasaur does has +2 (used Growth once in the sun) but it doesn't have the Life Orb it only has a 37.5% chance of OHKOing Hydreigon
    what if the plant is already behind a substitute?

then what do I do?

Still not very much.

it seems to me the only way i'm gonna do this is to make someone who has Trick Room, but doesn't necessarly have to use it unless weather comes into play.

Bronzong and Dusknoir are the only two pokemon who come to mind...

Page 181 of 246 FirstFirst ... 81131171177178179180181182183184185191231 ... LastLast