Page 183 of 247 FirstFirst ... 83133173179180181182183184185186187193233 ... LastLast
Results 4,551 to 4,575 of 6151

Thread: Ask a Question Thread - READ FIRST POST

Electric/Ice, Ground/Rock and Ghost/Fighting all famously hit every individual type for at least neutral damage; you could go for one of those.

Quote Originally Posted by B€ntley View Post
    A question about Coverage: I want to run Natural Gift and Hidden Power in the same Exeggutor, who will brand a Leaf Storm or an equally powerful Grass attack in the third slot -the fourth is utility-, which type combinations would be the best to achieve maximun coverage in those two attacks?
    Once released, the Salac Berry will give you a 80 BP Fighting attack, and it has a great side effect in case it ever comes handy. Combined with HP Fire and Grass STAB, you're only resisted by Chandelure's line in OU. As for released items, Lum Berry might be nice. It's not too strong, only 60 BP, but it is Flying type. Between that, Leaf Storm, and HP Fighting, you're only resisted by Electric/Flying types, and you can use Lum Berry + Rest with Harvest to instantly heal every turn. Still, though, you'd probably be better off running Psychic or Psyshock alongside HP Fire for the extra coverage. You're resisted by a few more things, but you won't have to worry about them if you play Exeggutor in NU.

Quote Originally Posted by jesusfreak94 View Post
    Once released, the Salac Berry will give you a 80 BP Fighting attack, and it has a great side effect in case it ever comes handy. Combined with HP Fire and Grass STAB, you're only resisted by Chandelure's line in OU. As for released items, Lum Berry might be nice. It's not too strong, only 60 BP, but it is Flying type. Between that, Leaf Storm, and HP Fighting, you're only resisted by Electric/Flying types, and you can use Lum Berry + Rest with Harvest to instantly heal every turn. Still, though, you'd probably be better off running Psychic or Psyshock alongside HP Fire for the extra coverage. You're resisted by a few more things, but you won't have to worry about them if you play Exeggutor in NU.
    If they run the salac berry thing giving them fire/grass/fighting coverage they are also walked by volcarona, any dragon/flying type, the latis and (not Ou) Charizard and moltres, in addition to what you said.

Psychic/psyshock alongside hp fire and a grass move leaves you walled by the latis, hydreigon, and victini.

Coverage wise I think lum has the best neutral coverage and I like your plan for its use as well.

^You ever have that moment you realize you forgot to give credit? Sorry Irra!!^

Does the serebii forums have a xat?
    Join the Tutor Program. Started by JRCxyz & Salavoir

[In Clan Memoriam]
    RIP Battling Academy, even though I just joined.
    Memories are eternal.

RIP Toothpaste Clan. You kept my teeth clean.
    Dental hygiene is eternal.

RIP Survival Island. Global warming drowned us all.
    Survival isn't eternal

Quote Originally Posted by Eaglehawk View Post
    Does the serebii forums have a xat?
    this should go on the Serebii.net Discussion forum and no Serebii does not have an official Xat it does have the Chatroom
    My Friend Safari:
    3DS FC: 1564-3608-3734
    Please PM/VM me so I can add you I'm looking for lots of Friend Safaris

Yeah, there are reasons why we don't have an official xat as well. Hard to moderate, look unprofessional and all.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonicwari View Post
    If they run the salac berry thing giving them fire/grass/fighting coverage they are also walked by volcarona, any dragon/flying type, the latis and (not Ou) Charizard and moltres, in addition to what you said.
    Huh, you're right. That's the last time I use a coverage calculator over good ol' fashioned thinking, lol. Oh well, at least you won't be resisted by too much in NU.

What's a good Wall EV Spread for a Forretress?

Generally, you don't want to use Forretress as a wall, you would want to use it as a hazard setter/spinner, otherwise it is outclassed by Ferrothorn (wall) or Starmie (Spinner).

Quote Originally Posted by SmogonFreak View Post
    Generally, you don't want to use Forretress as a wall, you would want to use it as a hazard setter/spinner, otherwise it is outclassed by Ferrothorn (wall) or Starmie (Spinner).
    Yes, I'm using an Entry Hazard setter. I figured the walling set would be best since I need it to last. I'm using him on a Trick Room team.

252hp/232 dEF/24 SpDef

[In Clan Memoriam]
    Memories are eternal.

Survival isn't eternal

I need a fourth move for my stall wall Dusclops. It knows Rest, Will-O-Wisp, Night Shade, and Double Team. I want to replace Double Team. Sleep Talk isn't an option.

252hp/232 dEF/24 SpDef
    mind explaining why such low spdef?

mind explaining why such low spdef?
    It has bad special defense anyway, so you may as well only use it to set up on physical pokemon.
    I need a fourth move for my stall wall Dusclops. It knows Rest, Will-O-Wisp, Night Shade, and Double Team. I want to replace Double Team. Sleep Talk isn't an option.
    Rest isn't really worth it without Sleep Talk. How about Pain Split/Will-o-Wisp/Night Shade/Taunt? I heard ice beam can work over taunt, though.
    Venemo Oscuridad - 6 Battles
    My Secret Base, Version 2.

Quote Originally Posted by Zachmac View Post
    It has bad special defense anyway, so you may as well only use it to set up on physical pokemon.
    Rest isn't really worth it without Sleep Talk. How about Pain Split/Will-o-Wisp/Night Shade/Taunt? I heard ice beam can work over taunt, though.
    Someone told me Rest was better than Pain Split. I'm thinking Uproar maybe?

All right.

What if I converted the 24 SpDef to Atk?

Ok so heres my problem...I have a team that I feel needs help. Where can I post a thread to get help on the full team because my earlier thead that I posted in RMT got locked.

Quote Originally Posted by memyselfandi22 View Post
    Ok so heres my problem...I have a team that I feel needs help. Where can I post a thread to get help on the full team because my earlier thead that I posted in RMT got locked.
    Read the rules in the RMT section. You're supposed to add descriptions of each pokemon and explain why you chose them. There is also a format you need to use to post your sets.

Whenever you reach a new section, make sure you read that section's rules, especially if you want to make a thread.
    Venemo Oscuridad - 6 Battles
    My Secret Base, Version 2.

Talking

Hey guys, so I'm new to forums
    Anyways, I just got this awesome level 100 Arceus off the DW event, but I have no idea how to plan out the EVs and the moveset and everything of it.
    I've worked it out on a stat calculator and it's IVs are: HP=20, Atk=6, Def=25, SAtk=5, SDef=24, Spd=23. Its moveset at the moment is: Recover, Hyper Beam, Perish Song, Judgement. Ability is Multitype (obviously lol) Also, the nature is Naughty. So yeah, I want an Arceus that can take on pretty much anything, and hit extremely hard. Thanks!

Hello, first off, im sorry if this is the wrong place to ask this, but it is a question about competitive battling.

My question is, is there actually no way to do something like a flat lv 100 battle or a flat battle of any pokemon with 6 pokemon? I've been working on an OU competitive team for nearly a month and read a post on the forums that made me do quite the double take. I really don't have the time to level all of my pokemon to level 100 naturally nor do I want to use an action replay, even if it was only to adjust their levels. I also really don't like the 50 flat option since my team breaks item rules, and species rules as well, plus you can only use 3 pokemon there?

Am I missing something? If there is no actual way to do this in 5th gen, is there a chance that there will be the option in black and white 2?
    Pokemon Black FC: 2279 6041 6159

Quote Originally Posted by IceMage88 View Post
    Hello, first off, im sorry if this is the wrong place to ask this, but it is a question about competitive battling.

My question is, is there actually no way to do something like a flat lv 100 battle or a flat battle of any pokemon with 6 pokemon? I've been working on an OU competitive team for nearly a month and read a post on the forums that made me do quite the double take. I really don't have the time to level all of my pokemon to level 100 naturally nor do I want to use an action replay, even if it was only to adjust their levels. I also really don't like the 50 flat option since my team breaks item rules, and species rules as well, plus you can only use 3 pokemon there?

Am I missing something? If there is no actual way to do this in 5th gen, is there a chance that there will be the option in black and white 2?
    PO, or Pokemon Online, is a simulator for Competitive Pokemon. You just put together a team on PO and you can use it in less than 5 minutes. It's what most people on here use for battling.

Quote Originally Posted by Asbestospoison View Post
    PO, or Pokemon Online, is a simulator for Competitive Pokemon. You just put together a team on PO and you can use it in less than 5 minutes. It's what most people on here use for battling.
    I am aware of pokemon online, but I was kind of hoping to be able to actually play on the actual wifi. Does that mean the chances for the fixes to wifi coming to black and white 2 are next to nothing? I wish I'd know this change had happened to 4th gen before I went through all the trouble of almost finishing the team.
    Pokemon Black FC: 2279 6041 6159

Okay. I need some clarification.

What's the difference between the VCG metagame and the regular metagame? Can you use regular competitive sets in these Nintendo tourneys? I feel like joining the international challenge, but I don't know what are the requirements, and when I go on the smogon entries, they have VCG sections with sets that are almost not competitively viable.

[In Clan Memoriam]
    Memories are eternal.

Survival isn't eternal

Okay. I need some clarification.

What's the difference between the VCG metagame and the regular metagame? Can you use regular competitive sets in these Nintendo tourneys? I feel like joining the international challenge, but I don't know what are the requirements, and when I go on the smogon entries, they have VCG sections with sets that are almost not competitively viable.
    Well, the actual VGC rules may change every year. This year, the battle style of the VGCs is Double Battles. There are also additional rules that may not exist in competitive, and the ban lists are different. That said, there are a few strategies that may not seem competitively viable that are actually quite good in the VGCs.

Quote Originally Posted by imamushroom View Post
    Hey guys, so I'm new to forums Anyways, I just got this awesome level 100 Arceus off the DW event, but I have no idea how to plan out the EVs and the moveset and everything of it. I've worked it out on a stat calculator and it's IVs are: HP=20, Atk=6, Def=25, SAtk=5, SDef=24, Spd=23. Its moveset at the moment is: Recover, Hyper Beam, Perish Song, Judgement. Ability is Multitype (obviously lol) Also, the nature is Naughty. So yeah, I want an Arceus that can take on pretty much anything, and hit extremely hard. Thanks!
    TBH the iv's suck. If i were you i would get another from the trade forums
    Credit to Pika Pal Lyra

Page 183 of 247 FirstFirst ... 83133173179180181182183184185186187193233 ... LastLast