Page 184 of 247 FirstFirst ... 84134174180181182183184185186187188194234 ... LastLast
Results 4,576 to 4,600 of 6151

Thread: Ask a Question Thread - READ FIRST POST

Quote Originally Posted by IceMage88 View Post
    I am aware of pokemon online, but I was kind of hoping to be able to actually play on the actual wifi. Does that mean the chances for the fixes to wifi coming to black and white 2 are next to nothing? I wish I'd know this change had happened to 4th gen before I went through all the trouble of almost finishing the team.
    Nobody knows anything about what will come in BW2. The fact that they removed the auto-leveling feature for MP in BW is well-known fan gripe however, so it very well could happen. For now however, no, sorry, you have to get your Pokemon to level 100. It's really not as hard as you may think however, and it is definitely not as hard as it was in previous generations. I assume you still have your Lucky Egg from Chargestone Cave, no? Using that thing you can get something from 1 to 100 in a week and a half to two weeks, tops, and that's being really lazy about it. You can get something from 1 to 65 in just a few hours assuming you've beaten the entire game, and from that point onward, it can defend itself against the higher level trainers and train for itself. Give it the Lucky Egg, then have it beat everything in both Nimbasa stadiums, Cheren, Cynthia during Spring, Bianca on weekends, and the wild Audino on Route 14, and you can easily get 5-10+ levels per day. It really doesn't take that long, and you only have to put in like 45 minutes of work a day.

TBH the iv's suck. If i were you i would get another from the trade forums
    Only attack and special attack suck. It's just the fact that this one is intended to be offensive, and Naughty is an offensive nature....

Hey guys, so I'm new to forums
    Anyways, I just got this awesome level 100 Arceus off the DW event, but I have no idea how to plan out the EVs and the moveset and everything of it.
    I've worked it out on a stat calculator and it's IVs are: HP=20, Atk=6, Def=25, SAtk=5, SDef=24, Spd=23. Its moveset at the moment is: Recover, Hyper Beam, Perish Song, Judgement. Ability is Multitype (obviously lol) Also, the nature is Naughty. So yeah, I want an Arceus that can take on pretty much anything, and hit extremely hard. Thanks!
    Last edited by imamushroom; Today at 12:40 AM.
    I'ts nature kind of clashes with it's attack IV, but oh well. I'd just go fo the standard Arceus, holding the life orb or maybe silk scarf, with Swords Dance/Extreme Speed/Shadow Claw/Earthquake or Brick Break. Doesn't really take advantage of it's ability, but +2 STAB extreme speed can wreck, with shadow claw and EQ/brick break to hit enemies like Giritina and Dialga.
    Venemo Oscuridad - 6 Battles
    My Secret Base, Version 2.

Does anyone know of a better healing item for Dragonite other then shell bell and leftovers? I am currently using a rain based team and my drizzle Politoed already has leftovers. Dragonites role is a bulky special sweeper (with below average speed) with surf, thunder, and hurricane to abuse the weather and roost to make multiscale reusable. The only item I have for it right for it right now is shell bell for healing which I use to try to refill Dragonite's hp but it doesn't always get the job done.
        Spoiler:- Pokemon that I can breed and trade.:

Want
    DW females not listed
    0 speed IVs

Pm or VM me for a Trade.

Character BRANDON FC 3869 2640 3022

Quote Originally Posted by redcharzard View Post
    Does anyone know of a better healing item for Dragonite other then shell bell and leftovers? I am currently using a rain based team and my drizzle Politoed already has leftovers. Dragonites role is a bulky special sweeper (with below average speed) with surf, thunder, and hurricane to abuse the weather and roost to make multiscale reusable. The only item I have for it right for it right now is shell bell for healing which I use to try to refill Dragonite's hp but it doesn't always get the job done.
    There is also the sitrus berry....

Perhaps you can make you Politoed offensive with a choice item? Hydro Pump in the rain can wreck. Just a suggestion though.

I don't like sitrus berry because I need reliably constant healing to reuse multiscale. As for politoed it serves as a defensive tank with one attacking move (protect, toxic, and perish song for support and scald to kill anything that isn't immune or resistant.) I use Perish song to finish whatever pokemon my oppenent has left except for stuff with sound proff (which I haven't gone up againest anything that has that yet.) Dragonite is the main offensive force of the three while Politoed and my third pokemon Ferrothorn play support/stall roles. Thanks anyway.

Also any other pokemon that I could use for this team? The other half is a sandstorm team with either trick room or set up sweepers (Metagross (agility), Tyranitar (choice band), Gliscor (accrobatics), and Reuniclus are swapped depending on what I want to do.)

Want
    DW females not listed
    0 speed IVs

Pm or VM me for a Trade.

Well, there's really no other good healing items that Dragonite can really make good use of besides Leftovers. Perhaps you could try Lum Berry? Once hazards fail, one of the most popular ways that people try to break Multiscale is with status. Lum Berry will let you take a Will-O-Wisp or Toxic, heal it off, and then kill the Pokemon who tried to status you.

Quote Originally Posted by jesusfreak94 View Post
    Well, there's really no other good healing items that Dragonite can really make good use of besides Leftovers. Perhaps you could try Lum Berry? Once hazards fail, one of the most popular ways that people try to break Multiscale is with status. Lum Berry will let you take a Will-O-Wisp or Toxic, heal it off, and then kill the Pokemon who tried to status you.
    Not to mention that also if you haven't used it and you use Outrage you will heal your own confusion.

Ok my question: is a Jolly Ambipom viable at all? I know that Adamant is great cous it adds more damage to Technician Fake Out and it outspeed base 100 speed Pokes by 1 point, but is there any good reason to run Jolly?
    My Friend Safari:
    3DS FC: 1564-3608-3734
    Please PM/VM me so I can add you I'm looking for lots of Friend Safaris

Quote Originally Posted by pkmnswampmaster View Post
    Not to mention that also if you haven't used it and you use Outrage you will heal your own confusion.

Ok my question: is a Jolly Ambipom viable at all? I know that Adamant is great cous it adds more damage to Technician Fake Out and it outspeed base 100 speed Pokes by 1 point, but is there any good reason to run Jolly?
    Quote Originally Posted by jesusfreak94 View Post
    Thanks that could help out. As for Ambipom with jolly it can speed tie with things like Starmie, Azelf, Raikou, and it out runs stuff like Gengar, and the Lati twins. other then that nothing to special but it could be helpful

Want
    DW females not listed
    0 speed IVs

Pm or VM me for a Trade.

A very good reason to use jolly, actually. Yes, 115 speed is fast, but with an adamant nature, it's only faster then +speed base 100 pokemon. Anything with over 100 speed and a +speed nature will outrun adamant Aambipom.

Though, looking at UU, the only pokemon with over 100 base speed I can see that don't speed tie/outspeed it are Zoroark, Frosslass, and Mismagius, and it can't touch two of them without pursuit or shadow claw. I think it could get away with adamant there, thought jolly is a must if you use it in OU.

Does it changes your answers if I'd said that I'm using that Ambipom for Doubles VGC 2012 rules, as a lead
    My Friend Safari:

Does it changes your answers if I'd said that I'm using that Ambipom for Doubles VGC 2012 rules, as a lead
    I just checked the speed tiers here.
    179 | Thundurus, Tornadus | 111 | +Spe | 0 | 252
    178 | Archeops, Espeon, Froslass, Gengar, Latias, Latios | 110 | +Spe | 0 | 252
    176 | Infernape, Terrakion, Virizion | 108 | +Spe | 0 | 252
    173 | Liepard | 106 | +Spe | 0 | 252
    172 | Manectric, Mienshao, Zoroark | 105 | +Spe | 0 | 252
    169 | Garchomp | 102 | +Spe | 0 | 252
    168 | Landorus | 101 | +Spe | 0 | 252
    These are pokemon it can outrun with jolly, but not with adamant.

I guess it just depends on what you want to outspeed, but it looks viable to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Zachmac View Post
    Only attack and special attack suck. It's just the fact that this one is intended to be offensive, and Naughty is an offensive nature....

I'ts nature kind of clashes with it's attack IV, but oh well. I'd just go fo the standard Arceus, holding the life orb or maybe silk scarf, with Swords Dance/Extreme Speed/Shadow Claw/Earthquake or Brick Break. Doesn't really take advantage of it's ability, but +2 STAB extreme speed can wreck, with shadow claw and EQ/brick break to hit enemies like Giritina and Dialga.
    Ok, thanks for helping me with that i'll try that on a simulator thing (: My next question.... I plan on making an awesome Gengar that can beat up pretty much everything, and defeat its weaknesses before they can attack me. So, I would like IVs to breed for, nature to get, EVs to train, moveset and strategy for it. Thanks guys! xD

Quote Originally Posted by imamushroom View Post
    Ok, thanks for helping me with that i'll try that on a simulator thing (: My next question.... I plan on making an awesome Gengar that can beat up pretty much everything, and defeat its weaknesses before they can attack me. So, I would like IVs to breed for, nature to get, EVs to train, moveset and strategy for it. Thanks guys! xD
    Gengar

If you ever have a question like that in the future ("What's a good set for X?"), Smogon is a good first place to look.

So you want a Gengar set? One of the best going round is the Sub-disable set.

Gengar @ Leftovers
    4 HP / 252 Spa / 252 Spe
    Timid
    - Substitute
    - Disable
    - Shadowball
    - Focus Blast

Works pretty well. Full coverage. Makes some Pokemon useless untill they switch so you can set up a sub and just destroy the other guys team.

EDIT: Or just go there^

Does Alakazam benefit more from Life Orb or Focus Sash? I'm using a timid one with 4 attacks and was wondering if the boost was better or if it was better to give opportunities for survival and possibly 2HKO?
    PM or VM me for more trade info

With Magic Guard Life Orb is probably better since it 's fast enough to outspeed and KO most of the people it comes across.

Both items are excellent for Alakazam, I preffer using a Life Orb in a substitute + 3 moves set but thanks to Magic Guard Alakzam is the best Focus sash user since hazards, weather or status won't ruin your sash
    My Friend Safari:

Quote Originally Posted by ChaosBlizzard View Post
    Nobody knows anything about what will come in BW2. The fact that they removed the auto-leveling feature for MP in BW is well-known fan gripe however, so it very well could happen. For now however, no, sorry, you have to get your Pokemon to level 100. It's really not as hard as you may think however, and it is definitely not as hard as it was in previous generations. I assume you still have your Lucky Egg from Chargestone Cave, no? Using that thing you can get something from 1 to 100 in a week and a half to two weeks, tops, and that's being really lazy about it. You can get something from 1 to 65 in just a few hours assuming you've beaten the entire game, and from that point onward, it can defend itself against the higher level trainers and train for itself. Give it the Lucky Egg, then have it beat everything in both Nimbasa stadiums, Cheren, Cynthia during Spring, Bianca on weekends, and the wild Audino on Route 14, and you can easily get 5-10+ levels per day. It really doesn't take that long, and you only have to put in like 45 minutes of work a day.
    It takes me a day (morning to evening/night) to train from level 1 to level 100 and that includes ev training.

Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    It takes me a day (morning to evening/night) to train from level 1 to level 100 and that includes ev training.
    It took me 8 hours of gameplay to get my lv 1 japanese Deino to lv 100 with ev training but since it was traded it grew faster (however it took longer to lv up because I evolved it as soon as possible but I didn't mind since I had fun with it, and it is a nice in game/competitive pokemon also it has 3 max iv def s.atk and speed.)

As for Gengar it can run psyshock to hit Blissey but I don't know how effective it would be and to be honest without psychic or maybe thunder Blissey can't do anything to Gengar (Gengar is immune to toxic and seismic toss which are the only reliable ways Blissey can do damage with out calm mind)

Want
    DW females not listed
    0 speed IVs

Pm or VM me for a Trade.

Quote Originally Posted by redcharzard View Post
    It took me 8 hours of gameplay to get my lv 1 japanese Deino to lv 100 with ev training but since it was traded it grew faster (however it took longer to lv up because I evolved it as soon as possible but I didn't mind since I had fun with it, and it is a nice in game/competitive pokemon also it has 3 max iv def s.atk and speed.)

As for Gengar it can run psyshock to hit Blissey but I don't know how effective it would be and to be honest without psychic or maybe thunder Blissey can't do anything to Gengar (Gengar is immune to toxic and seismic toss which are the only reliable ways Blissey can do damage with out calm mind)
    Blissey can use thunder wave against gengar.

Gengar can use subpunch to defeat blissey.

Blissey can use thunder wave against gengar.
    Most run toxic anyway.
    Gengar can use subpunch to defeat blissey.
    Subpunch Gengar is kind of outdated, and it has been ever since I joined competitive pokemon. I just doesn't hit enough pokemon, and sub/pain split and sub/disable.

Psyshock from Gengar only 5HKOs the standard Blissy. It's better of running SubSplit if it wants to handle those.

Quote Originally Posted by floatzel98 View Post
    With Magic Guard Life Orb is probably better since it 's fast enough to outspeed and KO most of the people it comes across.
    Both items are excellent for Alakazam, I preffer using a Life Orb in a substitute + 3 moves set but thanks to Magic Guard Alakzam is the best Focus sash user since hazards, weather or status won't ruin your sash
    well, I'm still rather undecided about that, but I think I'll try Focus Sash before Life Orb since in my experience Alakazam is easily OHKOd.
    PM or VM me for more trade info

Would it be okay if I put a kyogre on my rain team instead of a "DrizzleToed"? I don't have 10k dream points, so I got something with better stats and movepool.

Quote Originally Posted by Ansem1013 View Post
    Does Alakazam benefit more from Life Orb or Focus Sash? I'm using a timid one with 4 attacks and was wondering if the boost was better or if it was better to give opportunities for survival and possibly 2HKO?
    If your Alakazam knows Calm Mind it will benefit from a focus sash. Otherwise, give it a life orb or choice specs.

Quote Originally Posted by Lanik View Post
    Would it be okay if I put a kyogre on my rain team instead of a "DrizzleToed"? I don't have 10k dream points, so I got something with better stats and movepool.
    It all depends on the rules. For most tornaments Kyogre is banned due to it being a legendary. Sorry, but if you can wait until after the tournament, I'd be happy to make you a dw poliwag. Nothing special about it, maybe max speed iv and that's it.

Page 184 of 247 FirstFirst ... 84134174180181182183184185186187188194234 ... LastLast