Page 185 of 247 FirstFirst ... 85135175181182183184185186187188189195235 ... LastLast
Results 4,601 to 4,625 of 6151

Thread: Ask a Question Thread - READ FIRST POST

I decided I'm going to make use of my disappointing Duskull ((It fell a little short of being flawless and it has a completely neutral nature)) and make it into a Dusknoir wall. So... What's a good moveset? I was thinking of using Will-O-Wisp since the only max IV it doesn't have is Def. Then I was thinking of like Shadow Sneak/Night Shade, Brick Break, and Ice Punch. Then for evs... I have no clue, so could you help me?

Quote Originally Posted by Ansem1013 View Post
    Does Alakazam benefit more from Life Orb or Focus Sash? I'm using a timid one with 4 attacks and was wondering if the boost was better or if it was better to give opportunities for survival and possibly 2HKO?
    I'd go with Life Orb, your Pokemon's more of a sweeper and it's speed is pretty good so I wouldn't worry about a OHKO and if it has Magic Guard you can ignore the HP decrease each turn. Plus it's a little bit better than the Wiseglasses.

Quote Originally Posted by Serpentine View Post
    I decided I'm going to make use of my disappointing Duskull ((It fell a little short of being flawless and it has a completely neutral nature)) and make it into a Dusknoir wall. So... What's a good moveset? I was thinking of using Will-O-Wisp since the only max IV it doesn't have is Def. Then I was thinking of like Shadow Sneak/Night Shade, Brick Break, and Ice Punch. Then for evs... I have no clue, so could you help me?
    RU
    UU
    OU

From literally one page back, "If you ever have a question like that in the future ("What's a good set for X?"), Smogon is a good first place to look." Also, don't multi-post.

I'd go with Life Orb, your Pokemon's more of a sweeper and it's speed is pretty good so I wouldn't worry about a OHKO and if it has Magic Guard you can ignore the HP decrease each turn. Plus it's a little bit better than the Wiseglasses.
    going w/ sash + calm mind for awhile and see how I like it.

Is this Gible worth keeping? I think so, but I'd like other opinions...
    Jolly
    20-21/31/28-29/24-25/24-25/26-27

The speed and HP are what bother me, but overall it's pretty good imo
    PM or VM me for more trade info

Is this Gible worth keeping? I think so, but I'd like other opinions...
    Jolly
    20-21/31/28-29/24-25/24-25/26-27

The speed and HP are what bother me, but overall it's pretty good imo
    It's Uber anyway, so it won't have to worry about being outsped as long as it has a Jolly nature, and the HP is above 20, which is actually pretty good.
    Would it be okay if I put a kyogre on my rain team instead of a "DrizzleToed"? I don't have 10k dream points, so I got something with better stats and movepool.
    Only if you're playing Uber battles. Most of the time, Kyogre is banned because it's too darn powerful.
    Venemo Oscuridad - 6 Battles
    Magnemite used Sonic Boom! Magnemite glitched through the wall! It's super effective! Lyric fainted!

Quote Originally Posted by Zachmac View Post
    It's Uber anyway, so it won't have to worry about being outsped as long as it has a Jolly nature, and the HP is above 20, which is actually pretty good.
    It's meant for use in the Battle Subway if that changes anything. I'm not sure if I'll decide to use it on wifi or not, depends on well it does in the subway.

This is the moveset I plan on using if anyone was curious
    -Swords Dance
    -Earthquake
    -Substitute
    -Outrage

252 ATK and 252 speed EVs

Quote Originally Posted by Ansem1013 View Post
    It's meant for use in the Battle Subway if that changes anything. I'm not sure if I'll decide to use it on wifi or not, depends on well it does in the subway.

This is the moveset I plan on using if anyone was curious
    -Swords Dance
    -Earthquake
    -Substitute
    -Outrage

252 ATK and 252 speed EVs
    Oh, the battle subway. Well, I'm pretty sure the speed IVs will be good there as well. The only pokemon I can think of that'll be able to outrun it that wouldn't otherwise is probably Landorus...I might have to check 100 speed pokemon, though.

I say keep it.
    Magnemite used Sonic Boom! Magnemite glitched through the wall! It's super effective! Lyric fainted!

Quote Originally Posted by Zachmac View Post
    Oh, the battle subway. Well, I'm pretty sure the speed IVs will be good there as well. The only pokemon I can think of that'll be able to outrun it that wouldn't otherwise is probably Landorus...I might have to check 100 speed pokemon, though.

I say keep it.
    it's speed stat would max out at 166 or 167, which isn't too bad considering Garchomps 1,2, and 3 are at 169

Why don't people use the Revival Herb? Sure, if you use Return, it wouldn't help. But on other Pokemon, specifically ones that serve an important role on the team, the Revival Herb could come in handy.

I'm just really curious, before I try it on my own team. :P

Feel like you need a little more Pokemon in your life? Tune into our show!
    EPISODE 55 - SLOWPOKE HOLIDAY
    Looking for something Pokemon-related to listen to while playing through Pokemon XY? This episode is for you!!
    Released: 12/11/14

Guess who claimed Luxray?!

It doesn't have any affect in competitive play, does it? You can't revive Pokemon or can you?

Quote Originally Posted by NACHOE! View Post
    Why don't people use the Revival Herb? Sure, if you use Return, it wouldn't help. But on other Pokemon, specifically ones that serve an important role on the team, the Revival Herb could come in handy.

I'm just really curious, before I try it on my own team. :P
    Its just a max revive that lowers happiness. It isn't an in battle item

Spoiler:- Credits:
    [Img]http://i52.*******.com/1znacxw.gif[/img]

Hi. I was wondering where I would put a thread asking for help on deciding which EV Pokemon to train. Where should I go?

My Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance Fandub Project, come check it out!
    [Credit for pictures goes to Serenes Forest, and feplanet]

Quote Originally Posted by Kimimaro-sama View Post
    Hi. I was wondering where I would put a thread asking for help on deciding which EV Pokemon to train. Where should I go?
    You're in the right place. This thread is for people who have questions about anything that pertains to competitive battles. Questions about EV training always get answered in this section.

Okay...
    I'm wanting to EV train some Pokemon for an online team. The team will exist in B/W, but that doesn't mean all the Pokemon HAVE to be from B/W. They can be from *ANY* generation. Here is what I have so far:

> Beartic
    > Granbull
    > Durant
    > Slaking
    > Emboar
    > Machamp
    > Lanturn

One more thing -- I would like to have at least 1 Pokemon from every type. Even if it has double types. (Like how Lanturn is Electric/Water)

Quote Originally Posted by Kimimaro-sama View Post
    Okay...
    I'm wanting to EV train some Pokemon for an online team. The team will exist in B/W, but that doesn't mean all the Pokemon HAVE to be from B/W. They can be from *ANY* generation. Here is what I have so far:

> Beartic
    > Granbull
    > Durant
    > Slaking
    > Emboar
    > Machamp
    > Lanturn

One more thing -- I would like to have at least 1 Pokemon from every type. Even if it has double types. (Like how Lanturn is Electric/Water)
    even if they are all dual types with all different typings you could only have 16 of the 17 types. just do all except poison if you can, cuz it's the worst type offensively.
    Pkmn W: 3181 5617 3649
    Pkmn W2: 1464 4040 1673
    [IMG]http://i45.*******.com/rbijc4.jpg[/IMG]

When it comes to defensive/type synergy, ice sucks, so you should avoid that instead. Even if poison is worst offensively, that's not as bad as being bad defensively...

I believe you, but I wanna try.
    Anyways. Ideas...?

Ice is shitty typing defensively, but offensively it's pretty good.

Quote Originally Posted by 11tjcoulombe View Post
    Ice is shitty typing defensively, but offensively it's pretty good.
    Yes, it's good offensively, but really, having it STABed usually isn't worth it. Unless you're using Mamoswine or Shell Smash Cloyster, of course..

I'm thinking of using a Quick Feet Ursaring to use Rest and then Roar to avoid the speed priority, is that good?

I'm thinking of using a Quick Feet Ursaring to use Rest and then Roar to avoid the speed priority, is that good?
    Uraring isn't very bulky, a defensive set of any kind is a bad idea.

If you use it at all(which I don't suggest), use it for an offensive role.

But then that would mean your 3rd move would be Sleep Talk, leaving only one attacking move for you so you can become a taunt bait and even though Phazing without the negative priority is awesome Ursaring seems more like the all out offensive kind, anyways good Idea, I didn't thought of that before
    My Friend Safari:
    3DS FC: 1564-3608-3734
    Please PM/VM me so I can add you I'm looking for lots of Friend Safaris

I have a pretty weird question for you calculator freaks xD
    How is it possible that a specially offensive Darkrai with +2 nasty plot boost couldn't OHKO a normal butterfree with no item or defensive boost.
    I cant believed that actually happened.

*Credits to my sister for the Banner made from scratch*
    Steel Pwns. If your favorite type is Steel, put this in your signature. (Started By Dr. Empoleon)
    FC: 4527-8908-8969
    IGN: Daniel

Quote Originally Posted by Ryuken View Post
    How is it possible that a specially offensive Darkrai with +2 nasty plot boost couldn't OHKO a normal butterfree with no item or defensive boost.
    A max SP atk Timid Darkrai at +2 using Dark Pulse which gets STAB would deal 68,83% - 81,48% damage to a max HP max Sp Def Calm Butterfree, Modest would do 75,93% - 89,2% damage in the same scenerio, so believe it's possible.
    My Friend Safari:
    3DS FC: 1564-3608-3734
    Please PM/VM me so I can add you I'm looking for lots of Friend Safaris

Quote Originally Posted by Ryuken View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Online Calculator
    252SpAtk +2 Darkrai (Neutral) Dark Pulse vs 252HP/252SpDef Butterfree (+SpDef): 68% - 81% (223 - 264 HP). Guaranteed 2HKO.
    BTW, if you want to do a calc of you own in the future, I like to use this site.

Page 185 of 247 FirstFirst ... 85135175181182183184185186187188189195235 ... LastLast