Page 186 of 247 FirstFirst ... 86136176182183184185186187188189190196236 ... LastLast
Results 4,626 to 4,650 of 6151

Thread: Ask a Question Thread - READ FIRST POST

A question to the folks here:

- Using a real example but it could be any stat EV:
    If I have 56 Attack EV and, by mistake or stupidity of wanting 156, add 5 protein (+50) and fail (logically) to add other 5, will the pokémon have 106 or 100 Attack EV?

It would be nice to know by the fact I really want to train my Pineco and cannot have his EV influenced by mistakes I did.

Ok, so I'm getting into competitive battling, but as of right now, I'm a complete noob. Will someone please explain to me what OU UU, etc. mean?

You know what not to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Spade90 View Post

If I have 56 Attack EV and, by mistake or stupidity of wanting 156, add 5 protein (+50) and fail (logically) to add other 5, will the pokémon have 106 or 100 Attack EV?

It would be nice to know by the fact I really want to train my Pineco and cannot have his EV influenced by mistakes I did.
    All the vitamins give you 10 EV points each and you can give 100 EVs with each vitamin. If you already had 56 EVs and feed your Poke 5 Vitamins it all adds up to 106. 56+50=106
    Hope I cleared that for you.
    Prison Mike
    Ok, so I'm getting into
    competitive battling, but as of
    right now, I'm a complete
    noob. Will someone please
    explain to me what OU UU,
    etc. mean?
    OU stands for Over Used tier
    UU stands for Under Used
    www.smogon.com is good place to start playing competitive. There are plenty of articles as well as tiers and Pokemon in them. If you have any specific question shot me a PM. Hope I helped
    Kawaii >3<
    >_<
    ^^
    -___-^
    (01:41:52) *** Your rank in Standard OU is 62/47119 [1391 points / 1016 battles]! Smogon server

(22:46:55) *** Your rank in Standard NU is 40/3980 [1206 points / 152 battles]!

Quote Originally Posted by ashsinnoh View Post
    All the vitamins give you 10 EV points each and you can give 100 EVs with each vitamin. If you already had 56 EVs and feed your Poke 5 Vitamins it all adds up to 106. 56+50=106
    Thanks! I did asked that because yes, you can add 100 EV to a single stat with a vitamin but only because vitamins work until you reach 100 EV on that stat
    If you have 0 EV on a single stat, for example, Atk, you can add 10 protein and it will work.
    But if you have, based on my situation, 56 and want to add 100 with protein, you can't because the cap is 100. I tried and it only allowed 5 proteins (50) but since there's the 100 cap, I was confused if I had 100-106.
    Even though you gave me the answer, which I thank you a lot. I'll try and raise the other 2 stats I was thinking on my pineco, Impish nature "more Defence and less Sp.Atk", Highly Curious (More Sp.Atk... *sigh*) (future forrestress, of course, with Toxic Spike/Spike/Stealth Rock/Explosion):
    -200 speed EV
    -154 SP.Def EV
    Then I'll try and kill 50 pokemons for the rest of the EV's left on my pineco. Then I'll see if the 510 EV cap was reached. If not, then it means it had 100 atk EV. If I did reach, it DOES mean I had 106 atk EV all along.

When I find out, I'll post here, if your curious :P
    It may help a few people that did this stupid mistake, like me. (It's my first poke I tried to EV)

Thank you (3rd time I thank) and see you soon with answers =)

Ok, so after I put my team in the battle box, can I still use them in game, or do I have to wait until the competition is over?

You know what not to do.

I was just wondering. even though Xatu is not as powerful in it doesn't have. Magic Guard I was wondering. Could it run the Sigilyph set that's pointed out in Pokémon of the week?

I guess, although it wouldn't be anywhere near as good as Sigilyph.

maybe I should have not posted here the question was for making my team competitive in fan fiction. I was thinking Xatu would make for a better story than Sigilyph.

also , I'm looking for a normal type , but kicker , but I'm worried about going back to my old standby , ever since generation one. Snorlax suggestions?

Quote Originally Posted by ashsinnoh View Post
    Thanks! I did asked that because yes, you can add 100 EV to a single stat with a vitamin but only because vitamins work until you reach 100 EV on that stat
    If you have 0 EV on a single stat, for example, Atk, you can add 10 protein and it will work.
    But if you have, based on my situation, 56 and want to add 100 with protein, you can't because the cap is 100. I tried and it only allowed 5 proteins (50) but since there's the 100 cap, I was confused if I had 100-106.
    Even though you gave me the answer, which I thank you a lot. I'll try and raise the other 2 stats I was thinking on my pineco, Impish nature "more Defence and less Sp.Atk", Highly Curious (More Sp.Atk... *sigh*) (future forrestress, of course, with Toxic Spike/Spike/Stealth Rock/Explosion):
    -200 speed EV
    -154 SP.Def EV
    Then I'll try and kill 50 pokemons for the rest of the EV's left on my pineco. Then I'll see if the 510 EV cap was reached. If not, then it means it had 100 atk EV. If I did reach, it DOES mean I had 106 atk EV all along.

It may help a few people that did this stupid mistake, like me. (It's my first poke I tried to EV)

To end this, I did what I posted earlier.

The answer is:
    The Pokémon had 100 Atk EV after 5 proteins added when he had 56.

How did I came to that conclusion? Well, After I wasn't sure if my atk EV was 100 or 106, I continued with my jorney to raise speed EV by 200 and Sp.Def by 154.

For Speed: 10 vitamins to add 100 EV speed, 50 fights againts Basculin@route 3 = 100 Speed EV. 100+100 = 200

For Sp. Def: 10 vitamins to add 100 EV Sp.Def, 54 fights againts Frillish@route 17 = 54 Sp.Def EV. 100+54 = 154

After that, I fought at route 1 to get 50 atk EV by fighting 50 pokemon there. Therefore my Atk EV would be 150 or 156.
    Then, afterwards, I went to the EV checker and she said I had to work harder.
    That means 200+154 = 354. If I had 156 atk EV, it would make 510 and she wouldn't say to work harder. So therefore I had 150, which means 5 proteins at 56 atk EV didn't gave him 106 BUT 100. The last Protein I was able to give didn't gave 10, but 4 atk EV.

After fighting 6 more pokemon at route 1, I went back and the EV checker said finally that Pineco did put a great effort.

Conclusion: You cannot add vitamins after your EV to that stat reaches 100. You can't add 100 EV to that stat when you have, for example, even 1 EV. The cap is 100 EV so if I had 56 atk EV, I couldn't add 10 proteins but only 5. Even so, atk EV was stuck at 100, it didn't go 106 because of the limit. So, like I said, the last protein I was able to give (when it was 96), it only gave 4 to reach the 100 cap.

Conclusion: You cannot add vitamins after your EV to that stat reaches 100. You can't add 100 EV to that stat when you have, for example, even 1 EV. The cap is 100 EV so if I had 56 atk EV, I couldn't add 10 proteins but only 5. Even so, atk EV was stuck at 100, it didn't go 106 because of the limit. So, like I said, the last protein I was able to give (when it was 96), it only gave 4 to reach the 100 cap.
    Even though I never asked, this explains a lot.

/Makes mental note.
    Venemo Oscuridad - 6 Battles
    My Secret Base, Version 2.

Quote Originally Posted by Spade90 View Post
    -200 speed EV
    -154 SP.Def EV

I MUST TEACH YOU ABOUT BREEDING! AND TRICK ROOM! If you'd like I think I ahve some Pinecos with good IVs ready to trade. Ummm... I think I'm confusing you with the mention of IVs, let's just say they're a good thing if they're high and a bad thing if they're low...

As for Trick Room, there is no point to giving speed evs to a Forretress unless you are trying to outspeed another Forretress or something slower, however the metagame doesn't have many things that are slower... So Trick Room is a remedy since it allows the slower Pokemon to go first and the faster ones go last.

So I want to have a Reuniclus and a Nidoking on my team for the upcoming tournament. I was wondering which one would benefit more from the Life Orb. My Nidoking has max HP IV and max Sp Atk IV. It's also an SF Nidoking with the standard set of moves. With a Life Orb, I mean, really, it's almost like every move is super effective. As for the Reuniclus it has Magic Guard so it takes no damage from the Life Orb, cool! I guess I need a set for that too, but I was thinking Pain Split, Psyshock, Shadow Ball, Focus Blast/Flash Cannon/Energy Ball/Thunder/HP Something... So I guess I have a few questions... I'll list them.

1. Which Pokemon should get the Life Orb
    2. What item should replace the Life Orb for the other Pokemon.
    3. What move should I use for Reuniclus?

Quote Originally Posted by Serpentine View Post
    So I want to have a Reuniclus and a Nidoking on my team for the upcoming tournament. I was wondering which one would benefit more from the Life Orb. My Nidoking has max HP IV and max Sp Atk IV. It's also an SF Nidoking with the standard set of moves. With a Life Orb, I mean, really, it's almost like every move is super effective. As for the Reuniclus it has Magic Guard so it takes no damage from the Life Orb, cool! I guess I need a set for that too, but I was thinking Pain Split, Psyshock, Shadow Ball, Focus Blast/Flash Cannon/Energy Ball/Thunder/HP Something... So I guess I have a few questions... I'll list them.

1. Which Pokemon should get the Life Orb
    2. What item should replace the Life Orb for the other Pokemon.
    3. What move should I use for Reuniclus?
    Give Nidoking the Life Orb, and Reuniclus Leftovers.

Make Reuniclus max HP and defense, bold, with Calm Mind/Recover/Psychic/Focus Blast.

...Or if you're talking about the doubles tournament, um...recover, psychic, focus blast, and I don't know what else....but definitely Recover > Pain Split.

Quote Originally Posted by Zachmac View Post
    Give Nidoking the Life Orb, and Reuniclus Leftovers.

Make Reuniclus max HP and defense, bold, with Calm Mind/Recover/Psychic/Focus Blast.

...Or if you're talking about the doubles tournament, um...recover, psychic, focus blast, and I don't know what else....but definitely Recover > Pain Split.
    Why Def? what about Quiet? As for the item, thanks, that's what I was thinking. Only reversed.

Quote Originally Posted by Serpentine View Post
    Why Def? what about Quiet? As for the item, thanks, that's what I was thinking. Only reversed.
    If it's trick room, -speed is always preferred. However, calm mind doesn't boost defense, and bulky calm mind pokemon will want as much defense as possible on both sides.

Gothitelle or Gardevoir for a non-Trick Room Doubles team?

Feel like you need a little more Pokemon in your life? Tune into our show!
    EPISODE 55 - SLOWPOKE HOLIDAY
    Looking for something Pokemon-related to listen to while playing through Pokemon XY? This episode is for you!!
    Released: 12/11/14

Guess who claimed Luxray?!

Quote Originally Posted by NACHOE! View Post
    Gothitelle or Gardevoir for a non-Trick Room Doubles team?
    Gardevoir; you know what to do.

In all seriousness though, outside of Trick Room, Gothitelle has nothing up on Gardevoir except a bit better physical defense. Gardevoir has higher or equal stats in every other stat and a better movepool.

Quote Originally Posted by ChaosBlizzard View Post
    Gardevoir; you know what to do.

In all seriousness though, outside of Trick Room, Gothitelle has nothing up on Gardevoir except a bit better physical defense. Gardevoir has higher or equal stats in every other stat and a better movepool.
    AND she'll know Attract! haha.

But yeah, that's my thinking. I was told inversely, but I like Gardevoir better. I just wanted to make sure that I wasn't weird. XD
    Thanks! I actually just thought of directly asking you, but you saved me the trouble. (:

Feel like you need a little more Pokemon in your life? Tune into our show!
    EPISODE 55 - SLOWPOKE HOLIDAY
    Looking for something Pokemon-related to listen to while playing through Pokemon XY? This episode is for you!!
    Released: 12/11/14

Guess who claimed Luxray?!

So.. I have a Jolly Mew in White, and it has no 4th Gen moves unfortunately. but i still want to raise a competitively viable Jolly Mew, and i'm having a lot of trouble deciding on a moveset, especially since i can't give it Zen Headbutt. Any ideas?
    Pkmn W: 3181 5617 3649
    Pkmn W2: 1464 4040 1673
    [IMG]http://i45.*******.com/rbijc4.jpg[/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by thatjeremykid View Post
    So.. I have a Jolly Mew in White, and it has no 4th Gen moves unfortunately. but i still want to raise a competitively viable Jolly Mew, and i'm having a lot of trouble deciding on a moveset, especially since i can't give it Zen Headbutt. Any ideas?
    Reflect type to change STAB.

Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    Reflect type to change STAB.
    i feel that's too gimmicky. i will be running transform on it though, just for potentially beating pokemon Mew can't.

So i guess to rephrase the question, what's a good Transform set for mew without running any Previous Gen moves. Transform, Taunt, Thunder Wave, etc? what's the best set to set up a transformation?
    Pkmn W: 3181 5617 3649
    Pkmn W2: 1464 4040 1673
    [IMG]http://i45.*******.com/rbijc4.jpg[/IMG]

Were do I go to get my fanfic team rated? and Anoyone got normal type suggestions?

Quote Originally Posted by Chaos Werewolf View Post
    Were do I go to get my fanfic team rated? and Anoyone got normal type suggestions?
    If you want to show a non-competitive team, this would be the right place.

^Um, no offense, but that team seems pretty bad competitively....

Double Team is against the rules in most competitive battles. Though what do you mean by "fanfiction trainer"? I've never really heard of something like that before...

@Chaos Werewolf: This is actually the competitive section, so there is a different ruleset that we use here for teambuilding. The basic rules that Serebii uses in general can be found here, which adhere strongly to the Smogon competitive tiering system (well, that particular post is very outdated, but that's the gist of it). That said, I'm not exactly sure where a fan-fic team question would go, but I can assure you that, unfortunately, you probably won't get the help that you need here.

Page 186 of 247 FirstFirst ... 86136176182183184185186187188189190196236 ... LastLast