Page 190 of 246 FirstFirst ... 90140180186187188189190191192193194200240 ... LastLast
Results 4,726 to 4,750 of 6149

Thread: Ask a Question Thread - READ FIRST POST

Lucario is a check in the sense that it can come in on anything that isn't Focus Blast or Trick Room, and does heavy damage with Crunch. FB OHKO's, whilst Trick Room allows Reuniclus to set up, ready to OHKO next turn.

Current Hunt: Eterna Forest

16,110 REs

Quote Originally Posted by Zachmac View Post
    Okay, I was reading how to counter Reuniclus, and all it listed for the Trick Room sets was Scizor and Blissy.

So, does it actually have any counters other then Scizor or Blissy? BTW, a tank of some sort would be preferred. Same with one that can handle Terrakion at the same time, but that's not necessary.

Edit: A check would be fine, too.
    Taunt can shut trick room down also excavalier is a nice check (snorlax might work too)

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Oak
    Only two things are infinite, the universe and the amount of zubat in caves, and I'm not sure about the former.
    Shortcut to damage calculator

My clan is having a tournament where it's 5 UU and 1 OU doubles. What pokemon in OU would do the most damage in UU doubles?
    Yep we should ban baton pass, and weather too. Oh and Trick Room, I'm tired of having to worry about Trick Room all the time. Just ban the move Trick Room, and prankster, it's broken. Ban all status moves on prankster users, they're too cheap. Oh and ban Probopass to it's so cheap. Just ban everything except Magikarp with splash.
    Well, actually Blaziken isn't really Uber because some people whined about how they were getting owned by it. I mean, it doesn't stand a chance in the Uber enviroment.

Quote Originally Posted by irock245 View Post
    My clan is having a tournament where it's 5 UU and 1 OU doubles. What pokemon in OU would do the most damage in UU doubles?
    Terrakion with whimsicott probably

or you can use drizzletoad with swift swimmers as it isn't banned in doubles.

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Oak
    Only two things are infinite, the universe and the amount of zubat in caves, and I'm not sure about the former.
    Shortcut to damage calculator

Right.

So far, I have a team that consists of:

Offensive SD Scizor/Sunny Day Attacker Heatran/CB Dragonite/Tinkerbell Celebi

I have two slots left, but is there any glaring weaknesses to a specific and slightly common set or pokemon?

16,110 REs

Quote Originally Posted by irock245 View Post
    If it's doubles you should have a Beat Up Weavile and a Terrakion, it was such an amazing combination I actually wanetd to applaud the person that did it, however, their Terrakion's Stone Edge missed and it was taken out by my Trick Room Team and my Reuniclus' Psychic.
    My Black Friend Code is 4770 6733 5678

Click the banner to check out The Phantom Legacy
    Join us on The Phantom Legacy Xat

Come trade with me! PM me for offers.
    Be sure to check out Serpentine's Breeding Shop

Quote Originally Posted by suomynona View Post
    I have been looking for it for a while, and I cannot find this one thing.

I need help finding the "banned Pokemon" list and the rules to Championship Tournaments. Preferably on the Pokemon.com website itself, because I cannot find it anywhere on there, or on Serebii.net either.

Please help.
    The official list of Rules and Regulations can be found here: http://pglhelp.pokemon.com/en/gbu/03...bu_intl_EN.pdf

The rules are used for every single official tournament, so this should do fine until an update, which probably won't happen until B2W2 come out. (:

I've been thinking of running an Intimidate Volt-Turn team with the Volt-Turners being Staraptor and Luxray. Volt Switch is special, so my main question is;

What would be a good set for a Volt Switch Intimidate Luxray?

I've currently got
    Luxray @ Choice Scarf
    Nature: Timid
    Ability: Intimidate
    EVs: 252 Sp.atk/ 252 speed.
    - Volt Switch
    - Roar
    - Protect
    - Thunderbolt

Luxray has a bad Special Pool, especially when I'm not exactly in the position to breed for Hidden Power. Any ideas?

Feel like you need a little more Pokemon in your life? Tune into our show!
    EPISODE 55 - SLOWPOKE HOLIDAY
    Looking for something Pokemon-related to listen to while playing through Pokemon XY? This episode is for you!!
    Released: 12/11/14

Guess who claimed Luxray?!

Quote Originally Posted by NACHOE! View Post
    The official list of Rules and Regulations can be found here: http://pglhelp.pokemon.com/en/gbu/03...bu_intl_EN.pdf

The rules are used for every single official tournament, so this should do fine until an update, which probably won't happen until B2W2 come out. (:

I've been thinking of running an Intimidate Volt-Turn team with the Volt-Turners being Staraptor and Luxray. Volt Switch is special, so my main question is;

What would be a good set for a Volt Switch Intimidate Luxray?

I've currently got
    Luxray @ Choice Scarf
    Nature: Timid
    Ability: Intimidate
    EVs: 252 Sp.atk/ 252 speed.
    - Volt Switch
    - Roar
    - Protect
    - Thunderbolt

Luxray has a bad Special Pool, especially when I'm not exactly in the position to breed for Hidden Power. Any ideas?
    Why not run mixed? Volt turn teams sometimes have specially based Hydreigons and Celebis running U-turn, even though the Celebis often run attack hindering natures. In fact, my volt turn team runs one of those Celebis. Also, protect and roar suck choice scarf pokemon.

Luxray @ Choice Scarf
    Jolly or Naive/252att/252Speed
    Intimidate
    -Volt Swich
    -Wild Charge
    -Superpower
    -Ice Fang/Crunch
    Venemo Oscuridad - 50 Points
    Don't let my post count fool you. I've been around Serebii for a loooong time now. I'm just mostly active in the guild sections these days.

Okay, I was reading how to counter Reuniclus, and all it listed for the Trick Room sets was Scizor and Blissy.

So, does it actually have any counters other then Scizor or Blissy? BTW, a tank of some sort would be preferred. Same with one that can handle Terrakion at the same time, but that's not necessary.

Edit: A check would be fine, too.
    Why not Dusknoir? Super effective STAB, access to Skill Swap which will help with the Magic Guard and help you too since you'll be immune to a lot of things. Benefits from the Trick Room. Also takes advantage of Reuniclus' lower Defense and you can use Shadow Sneak to ignore you being slower than Reuniclus after TR. Your only problem would be a Shadow Ball.

Say you use Trick Room on the last turn Trick Room would be used up. I know the dimensions are inverted, but does the second trick room override the first Trick Room or do the dimensions get inverted again?

Quote Originally Posted by Serpentine View Post
    Say you use Trick Room on the last turn Trick Room would be used up. I know the dimensions are inverted, but does the second trick room override the first Trick Room or do the dimensions get inverted again?
    Never tested it, but I'm pretty sure I understand how it works. If you use TR when TR is already up, the dimensions would return to normal. If you return it to normal before it wheres off...well, it's not longer there to were off.

Using TR on the last round doesn't do anything but waste a turn, actually.
    Venemo Oscuridad - 50 Points
    Don't let my post count fool you. I've been around Serebii for a loooong time now. I'm just mostly active in the guild sections these days.

Does imposter copy stat boosts from Choice items?

Quote Originally Posted by bugcatchersdream View Post
    Does imposter copy stat boosts from Choice items?
    No, it only copies boosts gained over set up moves, not items.
    Kawaii >3<
    >_<
    ^^
    -___-^
    (01:41:52) *** Your rank in Standard OU is 62/47119 [1391 points / 1016 battles]! Smogon server

(22:46:55) *** Your rank in Standard NU is 40/3980 [1206 points / 152 battles]!

Quote Originally Posted by AquaRegisteel View Post
    Right.

So far, I have a team that consists of:

Offensive SD Scizor/Sunny Day Attacker Heatran/CB Dragonite/Tinkerbell Celebi

I have two slots left, but is there any glaring weaknesses to a specific and slightly common set or pokemon?
    Repeating my post, seeing as it was assumingly forgotten.

16,110 REs

Why not run mixed? Volt turn teams sometimes have specially based Hydreigons and Celebis running U-turn, even though the Celebis often run attack hindering natures. In fact, my volt turn team runs one of those Celebis. Also, protect and roar suck choice scarf pokemon.

Luxray @ Choice Scarf
    Jolly or Naive/252att/252Speed
    Intimidate
    -Volt Swich
    -Wild Charge
    -Superpower
    -Ice Fang/Crunch
    You know, that's a good idea. I thought about mixed before, but I wasn't sure if mixed was a good idea for this set. But I feel more comfortable doing this now that someone else has voiced it. Thanks!

It reverts the dimensions back to normal. Much to my chagrin (effective counter to TR in Doubles; another TR team).

Feel like you need a little more Pokemon in your life? Tune into our show!
    EPISODE 55 - SLOWPOKE HOLIDAY
    Looking for something Pokemon-related to listen to while playing through Pokemon XY? This episode is for you!!
    Released: 12/11/14

Guess who claimed Luxray?!

Quote Originally Posted by Lanik View Post
    This question might strike palms to some faces, but I have to ask. What is Volturn?
    It's the usage of Volt Switch and U-turn in the same team, allowing one to make many switches while also dealing damage.

Quote Originally Posted by SpeedSuicune View Post
    It's the usage of Volt Switch and U-turn in the same team, allowing one to make many switches while also dealing damage.
    Hmm. So that's why some people found that tactic to be hard to deal with. I was looking up Volturn, it was nowhere to be found, and I didn't know what those people were talking about. Thanks.

i was playing random match, and Whimsicott was in front of me, I had Aerodactyl, my Aerodactyl is Jolly, 31iv speed with 252ev speed and with choice scarf. Is it legaly posible for whisicott to move before my Aerodactyl? Whimsicott used Tailwinw BTW

Prankster isn't a banned ability. Yes, Whimsicott can legally move first.

Yes, it has the Prankster ability. This allows all non-damaging moves to gain +1 Priority. If any move with +2 or above priority is used against the Pokemon with Prankster, the +2 move will go first.

16,110 REs

When you switch out after you Guard Split/Power Split are the effects nullified? Is Amoongus good as a wall?

Quote Originally Posted by AquaRegisteel View Post
    Repeating my post, seeing as it was assumingly forgotten.
    What's a tinkerbell Celebi?

What's a tinkerbell Celebi?
    It's a set name, but I'll link to the Smogon analysis here.

16,110 REs

I have an OU team that is very Water weak, so I've been trying to think of a better resist/pivot to handle it than what I currently have (Rotom-W). I'm thinking about trying a Gastrodon, but I'm not sure how to most effectively run it. Smogon's article is really ***-backwards and recommends some weird stuff, so I'm trying to not stick to it too religiously. What's a good set for it and (more-or-less the wrong thread I know) does this look reasonable?

Gastrodon @ Leftovers
    Nature: Modest
    Ability: Storm Drain
    EVs: 252 HP / 252 Sp Def / 4 Sp Atk
    -Earth Power
    -Scald
    -Ice Beam
    -Recover

With my team, a Storm Drain boost is almost guaranteed.

Quote Originally Posted by ChaosBlizzard View Post
    I have an OU team that is very Water weak, so I've been trying to think of a better resist/pivot to handle it than what I currently have (Rotom-W). I'm thinking about trying a Gastrodon, but I'm not sure how to most effectively run it. Smogon's article is really ***-backwards and recommends some weird stuff, so I'm trying to not stick to it too religiously. What's a good set for it and (more-or-less the wrong thread I know) does this look reasonable?

Gastrodon @ Leftovers
    Nature: Modest
    Ability: Storm Drain
    EVs: 252 HP / 252 Sp Def / 4 Sp Atk
    -Earth Power
    -Scald
    -Ice Beam
    -Recover

With my team, a Storm Drain boost is almost guaranteed.
    looks fine to me. Cradily also has Storm Drain and can hit super effectively with Giga Drain.
    Pkmn W: 3181 5617 3649
    Pkmn W2: 1464 4040 1673
    [IMG]http://i45.*******.com/rbijc4.jpg[/IMG]

Page 190 of 246 FirstFirst ... 90140180186187188189190191192193194200240 ... LastLast