Page 191 of 247 FirstFirst ... 91141181187188189190191192193194195201241 ... LastLast
Results 4,751 to 4,775 of 6151

Thread: Ask a Question Thread - READ FIRST POST

Quote Originally Posted by AquaRegisteel View Post
    It's a set name, but I'll link to the Smogon analysis here.
    The only glaring weaknesses I see are the fact that there are x4 weaknesses on all of your Pokemon. It looks like you're weak against a Volcarona for both Scizor and Celebi and have no way to counter it for either. You'd have to switch out and if they have a Mamoswine as a partner then you're pretty much doomed.
    My Black Friend Code is 4770 6733 5678

Click the banner to check out The Phantom Legacy
    Join us on The Phantom Legacy Xat

Come trade with me! PM me for offers.
    Be sure to check out Serpentine's Breeding Shop

Quote Originally Posted by ChaosBlizzard View Post
    I have an OU team that is very Water weak, so I've been trying to think of a better resist/pivot to handle it than what I currently have (Rotom-W). I'm thinking about trying a Gastrodon, but I'm not sure how to most effectively run it. Smogon's article is really ***-backwards and recommends some weird stuff, so I'm trying to not stick to it too religiously. What's a good set for it and (more-or-less the wrong thread I know) does this look reasonable?

Gastrodon @ Leftovers
    Nature: Modest
    Ability: Storm Drain
    EVs: 252 HP / 252 Sp Def / 4 Sp Atk
    -Earth Power
    -Scald
    -Ice Beam
    -Recover

With my team, a Storm Drain boost is almost guaranteed.
    Smogon sets always work for me, except subsplit, but that works for some people, so...

Anyway, it looks fine. But it looks defensive, and you gave it modest. Maybe you could try calm?
    Venemo Oscuridad - 6 Battles
    My Secret Base, Version 2.

^ Definitely Calm with that EV spread. wasting points, man.

Anyways, I'm having a really hard time deciding between using a Scarf MoxiMence, or DD MoxiMence. I was looking at these http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthr...dated-Jan-12th (thanks to Blue Harvest for the link).
    I've been finding it really hard to fit in a Dragon Dance at any time without Salamence being KO'd, even with proper support. Scarfed would put it just under +2 Jolly 252 Terrakion.. so yea, i'm just asking for opinions one way or the other.
    Thanks
    Pkmn W: 3181 5617 3649
    Pkmn W2: 1464 4040 1673
    [IMG]http://i45.*******.com/rbijc4.jpg[/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by thatjeremykid View Post

Anyways, I'm having a really hard time deciding between using a Scarf MoxiMence, or DD MoxiMence. I was looking at these http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthr...dated-Jan-12th (thanks to Blue Harvest for the link).
    I've been finding it really hard to fit in a Dragon Dance at any time without Salamence being KO'd, even with proper support. Scarfed would put it just under +2 Jolly 252 Terrakion.. so yea, i'm just asking for opinions one way or the other.
    Thanks
    While it does work as a Dragon Dancer, D-nite is usually better. I personally prefer scarf.

Oh, and it's a lot slower then +2 Terrakion. Look at the numbers, the difference is by 200 speed points.

Quote Originally Posted by Zachmac View Post
    Anyway, it looks fine. But it looks defensive, and you gave it modest. Maybe you could try calm?
    +1 Modest is just a hair more powerful than the Rotom he'd be replacing. Does Calm let it survive anything it couldn't otherwise? Or is it in any way significant?

While it does work as a Dragon Dancer, D-nite is usually better. I personally prefer scarf.

Oh, and it's a lot slower then +2 Terrakion. Look at the numbers, the difference is by 200 speed points.
    ohh, for some reason i was thinking scarf doubled it's speed, apparently it's just x1.5 though. so now it's an even harder decision, as DD and Scarf sets it at 492. idk, i guess i'll experiment with both.

Quote Originally Posted by ChaosBlizzard View Post
    +1 Modest is just a hair more powerful than the Rotom he'd be replacing. Does Calm let it survive anything it couldn't otherwise? Or is it in any way significant?
    not really great with calcs, but just with that EV spread alone, it could have 9 more points in it's SpDef with a Calm Nature, and probably just a few insignificant points less in it's SpA. besides with Storm Drain it's already getting a boost to it's SpA.

^But how much of a difference does the 9 extra points made? Calcs or it is a useless theory.
    Yveltal, the Destruction Pokémon: "When its life comes to an end, it absorbs the life energy of every living thing and turns into a cocoon once more."

Spoiler:- Current Hunts:

^But how much of a difference does the 9 extra points made? Calcs or it is a useless theory.
    all i'm saying is there is no point in wasting points. if he's using modest he should run way more than 4 in SpA, as nature also affects how many stat points the EV's add. a positive nature gets +72 if you have 252 EV's, while a neutral nature only adds 63. if he wants a specially bulky Gastrodon, run Calm with that EV spread. if he wants a Spattacker, Modest with 252 EV's there.
    it's not a theory as much as it is common sense.

He/she wants it to be a pivot on Water Moves.
    Yveltal, the Destruction Pokémon: "When its life comes to an end, it absorbs the life energy of every living thing and turns into a cocoon once more."

all i'm saying is there is no point in wasting points. if he's using modest he should run way more than 4 in SpA, as nature also affects how many stat points the EV's add. a positive nature gets +72 if you have 252 EV's, while a neutral nature only adds 63. if he wants a specially bulky Gastrodon, run Calm with that EV spread. if he wants a Spattacker, Modest with 252 EV's there.
    it's not a theory as much as it is common sense.
    Based on how Water weak my team is, I'm going on the assumption that I will almost always be able to have a Storm Drain boost. As such, I'm making the assumption that he would always be at +1 Sp Atk. With the given EV spread, his Sp Atk at +1 under Modest would be 364, and at +1 under Calm would be 331, a difference of 33 points. With the given EV spread, his Sp Def on the other hand would be 263 under Modest and 289 under Calm, which is a difference of 26 points.

As you can see, even with the given EV spread, I get a higher BST under Modest than I do Calm. The increase to Sp Atk under Modest is greater than the increase to Sp Def under Calm. Furthermore, as I explained, the reason I chose Modest over Calm is because under Modest (364), his Sp Atk would be just higher than the Rotom he would be replacing on my team (339). Under Calm, it falls just short (331).

However, this is getting into SRMT territory and I don't want to get too far off topic since this is the wrong section for that. My original question was "What is a reasonable way to run this?" I've gotten my answer: my set looks fine, but consider Calm over Modest. Consider my question answered; everything is good.

He/she wants it to be a pivot on Water Moves.
    He.

I wnat a good Gravity Partner for a Nidoking. Nidoking would be Sf with the more powerful version of the common moves. Thunder, fire Blast, Blizzard, Earth Power. Gravity Partner. If it's not too much, I'd also wnat it to be able to take care of Nidoking's weaknesses and if needed, it can be slow since the Nidoking could be Quiet.

Quote Originally Posted by Serpentine View Post
    I wnat a good Gravity Partner for a Nidoking. Nidoking would be Sf with the more powerful version of the common moves. Thunder, fire Blast, Blizzard, Earth Power. Gravity Partner. If it's not too much, I'd also wnat it to be able to take care of Nidoking's weaknesses and if needed, it can be slow since the Nidoking could be Quiet.
    omg, i run the same nidoking on my Gravity team. it does excellent with Tailwind support behind it too. I use that same moveset too, it's very nice. and Earth Power is strong enough to hit things without Gravity support as it's 100% accurate. ThunBlizz wrecks everything, and the other 2 moves cover everything that can get past it. I use a Dusclops with Gravity, but it doesn't do much for covering king's weaknesses or anything. Gravity is mostly only good for doubles or triples though. otherwise it fails glamorously. Sigilyph learns Gravity and covers it's ground weakness. and gets a 100% accurate hypnosis with that as well.

Does Tailwind affect speed the turn it is used (in doubles/triples)? Like if prankster tailwind went up at the beginning, would the partner outspeed the opponents that turn or does it start the next turn?

Quote Originally Posted by Lifeline View Post
    Does Tailwind affect speed the turn it is used (in doubles/triples)? Like if prankster tailwind went up at the beginning, would the partner outspeed the opponents that turn or does it start the next turn?
    the speed boost doesn't come until the second turn. the turn after tailwind is used to be more clear

omg, i run the same nidoking on my Gravity team. it does excellent with Tailwind support behind it too. I use that same moveset too, it's very nice. and Earth Power is strong enough to hit things without Gravity support as it's 100% accurate. ThunBlizz wrecks everything, and the other 2 moves cover everything that can get past it. I use a Dusclops with Gravity, but it doesn't do much for covering king's weaknesses or anything. Gravity is mostly only good for doubles or triples though. otherwise it fails glamorously. Sigilyph learns Gravity and covers it's ground weakness. and gets a 100% accurate hypnosis with that as well.
    Hmmm... So I should use Sigilyph? Or should I use a Dusclops? I guess it really depends, huh? Sigilyph for Modest/Timid and Dusclops for Quiet/Modest.

Hmmm... So I should use Sigilyph? Or should I use a Dusclops? I guess it really depends, huh? Sigilyph for Modest/Timid and Dusclops for Quiet/Modest.
    actually dusclops should run a nature that boosts either/or defenses, and be run with eviolite. and it'd be best to run at least 2 users of Gravity. i'm looking for a Blissey to run with my Dusclops because they synergize near-perfectly.

I want to do a Entry Hazard and Forced Switch team. Here's basically how it'd work.

Spikes and Stealth Rock ((since if I'm forcing them to switch each turn it's not going to help poisoning it))

Calculation is after four turns they're dead. Majority of Pokemon. Only ones that won't die after four turns are Levitating Pokemon that don't have a weakness to Stealth Rock which leaves only... like 24 fully evolved Pokemon. A good amount are never used like Unoun.

Then I'd have Restalk Roar/Dragon Tail/Whirlwind to ignore the speed priority.

I'd have a Trick Room Pokemon to speed it up. So there's some good options, but I'm wondering what I should use.

I want to do a Entry Hazard and Forced Switch team. Here's basically how it'd work.

Spikes and Stealth Rock ((since if I'm forcing them to switch each turn it's not going to help poisoning it))

Calculation is after four turns they're dead. Majority of Pokemon. Only ones that won't die after four turns are Levitating Pokemon that don't have a weakness to Stealth Rock which leaves only... like 24 fully evolved Pokemon. A good amount are never used like Unoun.

Then I'd have Restalk Roar/Dragon Tail/Whirlwind to ignore the speed priority.

I'd have a Trick Room Pokemon to speed it up. So there's some good options, but I'm wondering what I should use.
    Trick room is a gimmick for pseudo offensive or defensive strategies like this, I'd just run two phazers with good synergy.

Milotic makes a decent Restalk D-Tail Phazer, as when it is asleep, the Defence doubles. 400+ Defense is nothing to laugh at.

Milotic makes a decent Restalk D-Tail Phazer, as when it is asleep, the Defence doubles. 400+ Defense is nothing to laugh at.
    Marvel Scale does not double defense.

Aside from RestTalk, Milotic can also stall opponents with Hypnosis, Recover and Water Pulse. Dragon Tail can be used against type disadvantages, and the confusion from Water Pulse can be stacked with sleep.

To be honest, guys, I find rest talk Gyarados more useful then Milotic. Well, Milotic works, but you might want to consider Gyarados as well.

Trick room is a gimmick for pseudo offensive or defensive strategies like this, I'd just run two phazers with good synergy.
    What's a phazer and synergy? I know synergy is like working together really well, still phazer? Like yawn?

To be honest, guys, I find rest talk Gyarados more useful then Milotic. Well, Milotic works, but you might want to consider Gyarados as well.
    Considering Gyarados has an x4 weakness along with a common type weakness compared to Milotic who is a freaking wall and gets Marvel Scale boost and has two weaknesses I'd go with Milotic.

What's a good move for my Ice Body Glaceon? I don't plan on using him competitively, I just like him.

Current Moveset
    Hail
    Blizzard
    HP (Ground)

I'm thinking Mirror Coat.

What's a phazer and synergy? I know synergy is like working together really well, still phazer? Like yawn?

Considering Gyarados has an x4 weakness along with a common type weakness compared to Milotic who is a freaking wall and gets Marvel Scale boost and has two weaknesses I'd go with Milotic.
    a phazer is anyone with haze, whirlwind, roar, dragon tail, etc. and yea, i'd also go with milotic

What's a good move for my Ice Body Glaceon? I don't plan on using him competitively, I just like him.

Current Moveset
    Hail
    Blizzard
    HP (Ground)

I'm thinking Mirror Coat.
    Look up. Nobody answered so I reposted.

Page 191 of 247 FirstFirst ... 91141181187188189190191192193194195201241 ... LastLast