Page 192 of 247 FirstFirst ... 92142182188189190191192193194195196202242 ... LastLast
Results 4,776 to 4,800 of 6151

Thread: Ask a Question Thread - READ FIRST POST

Quote Originally Posted by Serpentine View Post
    Look up. Nobody answered so I reposted.
    If you don't plan on using him competitively then who cares? If it is just for in-game purposes then literally almost anything will work. If you're looking for competitive purposes, this would be a good place to start.

Look up. Nobody answered so I reposted.
    Well, if you're not using it competitively, then i'd just forgo Hail and run it with Abomasnow. That said, it really doesn't have many other options. Shadow Ball is its only other real offensive option, since Water Pulse is pretty bad in most instances, and Glaceon really doesn't have the assets needed to take advantage of Stored Power. There's also Frost Breath, I guess, which can help break through Calm Mind/Quive Dance/etc. users. Oh, and its physical prowess is terrible, so you can throw what few physical moves it has out the window. I guess there's still support options like Toxic, Yawn, Wish, and Roar, which can be useful at times. Mirror Coat is kinda risky, if you ask me. Glaceon's special bulk isn't exactly fantastic, and a move like that usually tends to rely too much on prediction and your ability to consistently take hits to work effectively.

What does a Scarfed Luxray outrun? I'm playing around with some ideas, and I'm not sure how much Luxray with a Choice Scarf would outrun, and if it's nothing significant, I might as well give it something to hit harder. Like Choice Band. XD

Also, this is assuming he has a nature that doesn't affect speed, and is fully invested in Speed EVs (252). (:

Feel like you need a little more Pokemon in your life? Tune into our show!
    EPISODE 55 - SLOWPOKE HOLIDAY
    Looking for something Pokemon-related to listen to while playing through Pokemon XY? This episode is for you!!
    Released: 12/11/14

Guess who claimed Luxray?!

Quote Originally Posted by NACHOE! View Post
    What does a Scarfed Luxray outrun? I'm playing around with some ideas, and I'm not sure how much Luxray with a Choice Scarf would outrun, and if it's nothing significant, I might as well give it something to hit harder. Like Choice Band. XD

Also, this is assuming he has a nature that doesn't affect speed, and is fully invested in Speed EVs (252). (:
    http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthr...dated-Jan-12th Scarf boosts speed by 1.5, so you should be able to figure it out from there.
    Pkmn W: 3181 5617 3649
    Pkmn W2: 1464 4040 1673
    [IMG]http://i45.*******.com/rbijc4.jpg[/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by thatjeremykid View Post
    http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthr...dated-Jan-12th Scarf boosts speed by 1.5, so you should be able to figure it out from there.
    That's base speed PLUS the boost, right? (And thanks! Speed tiers have never mattered to me before, cos I ran Trick Room for Doubles.)

Looking for something Pokemon-related to listen to while playing through Pokemon XY? This episode is for you!!

what Pokémon would make a good compromise between a reference to Ash Ketchum and a competitive team?

Luxray with a neutral nature, 252 Speed EVs and a 31 in the Speed IV hits 239 Speed. With a Choice Scarf, that would go up to 239 *1.5 = 358. According to the Speed Tier, a few things that would let him outspeed would be +1 Jolly 252 Scrafty, Timid 252 Tornadus, Timid 252 Espeon / Gengar / Latios / Latias, Naive 252 Infernape / Terrakion / Virizion, Naive 252 Mienshao, Naive 252 Landorus, and Naive 252 Salamence / Celebi / Ninetales / Volcarona. Some things he would just miss out on outspeeding include +1 Timid 252 Politoed, +1 Adamant 252 Gyarados, +1 Adamant 252 Dragonite, Timid 252 Alakazam / Dugtrio, +1 Jolly 252 Tyranitar, Timid 252 Starmie, and +1 Timid 252 Magnezone.

Quote Originally Posted by Chaos Werewolf View Post
    what Pokémon would make a good compromise between a reference to Ash Ketchum and a competitive team?
    A reference to his teams, or a reference to the character himself?

Quote Originally Posted by Chaos Werewolf View Post
    Light ball pikachu destroys. Life orb charizard is ok. Just stealth rock weakness. Blastiose can spin, but that's about it. Venasaur is used a lot on sun teams because of chlorophyll.

^^ which ever one lets me go from all the Pokemon he caught and there evolutions.

Quote Originally Posted by ChaosBlizzard View Post
    If you don't plan on using him competitively then who cares? If it is just for in-game purposes then literally almost anything will work. If you're looking for competitive purposes, this would be a good place to start.
    well I might usei t competitively. Only problem is that its IVs are low. Perfect Sp. Atk IV though and I like the Hidden Power, however, it's just above average. I usually don't go below relatively superior unless it has everything I need.
    My Black Friend Code is 4770 6733 5678

Click the banner to check out The Phantom Legacy
    Join us on The Phantom Legacy Xat

Come trade with me! PM me for offers.
    Be sure to check out Serpentine's Breeding Shop

well I might usei t competitively. Only problem is that its IVs are low. Perfect Ice IV though and I like the Hidden Power, however, it's just above average. I usually don't go below relatively superior unless it has everything I need.
    perfect ice IV?
    Pkmn W: 3181 5617 3649
    Pkmn W2: 1464 4040 1673
    [IMG]http://i45.*******.com/rbijc4.jpg[/IMG]

perfect ice IV?
    Probably talking about hidden power ice.
    Venemo Oscuridad - 6 Battles
    My Secret Base, Version 2.

Quote Originally Posted by ChaosBlizzard View Post
    Luxray with a neutral nature, 252 Speed EVs and a 31 in the Speed IV hits 239 Speed. With a Choice Scarf, that would go up to 239 *1.5 = 358. According to the Speed Tier, a few things that would let him outspeed would be +1 Jolly 252 Scrafty, Timid 252 Tornadus, Timid 252 Espeon / Gengar / Latios / Latias, Naive 252 Infernape / Terrakion / Virizion, Naive 252 Mienshao, Naive 252 Landorus, and Naive 252 Salamence / Celebi / Ninetales / Volcarona. Some things he would just miss out on outspeeding include +1 Timid 252 Politoed, +1 Adamant 252 Gyarados, +1 Adamant 252 Dragonite, Timid 252 Alakazam / Dugtrio, +1 Jolly 252 Tyranitar, Timid 252 Starmie, and +1 Timid 252 Magnezone.
    Ahh. So a Choice Scarf'd Luxray with a Naive Nature would outspeed a few important things. Thanks so much! (:

What are some good Rapid Spinners in Ubers?Theres Forrtress but i don't really want to use him if i can avoid it. Excadrill i don't want to use either cause i don't want to use Tyranitar for sand. And on this Arceus, what moves would be better? Is there also a better ev spread i could use for it? Also what are some good partners for that Arceus?

Arceus-Ghost @ Spooky Plate
    Trait: Multitype
    EVs: 252 HP / 4 SAtk / 252 Spd
    Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
    - Calm Mind
    - Judgment
    - Fire Blast / Focus Blast
    - Recover / Substitute

What are some good Rapid Spinners in Ubers?Theres Forrtress but i don't really want to use him if i can avoid it. Excadrill i don't want to use either cause i don't want to use Tyranitar for sand. And on this Arceus, what moves would be better? Is there also a better ev spread i could use for it? Also what are some good partners for that Arceus?
    Looking at the list of rapid spinners, I don't think there are many that can really use it well besides Forretress. Well, I guess you could try Tentacruel?

Edit: Did a bit of research. Turns out Tentacruel could work decently in Ubers, as long as it is fully invested in special defense.

Also, Smogon claims swords dance Garchomp can handle Chansy and Ho-oh, that Arceus set's main enemies.

So I caught a Adamant Ttar earlier, and was wondering what sort of set I could run with it? It's caught, so no Pursuit, and no Superpower :/

Quote Originally Posted by 11tjcoulombe View Post
    So I caught a Adamant Ttar earlier, and was wondering what sort of set I could run with it? It's caught, so no Pursuit, and no Superpower :/
    Also no dragon dance or outrage unless you breed it. You could try a choice band set or a rock polish set. Crunch and either stone edge(more power less accuracy) or rock slide(less power more accuracy(still not perfect) and a chance to flinch) are its best moves due to stab. Earthquake is a good third move. If you want a dragon move you could try dragon claw I prefer using it over outrage to avoid confusion. Other then that brick break is a option although its not the best and I think it can get areial ace which is okay. Fire blast handles steel types that can wall it.

Choice band Tyranitar set
    Item Choice band
    EV: hp 252 atk 252 def or speed 6
    Rock slide/Stone edge
    Crunch
    Earthquake
    Dragon Claw/Brick break/Areial ace/Fire blast

Rock Polish Tyranitar set
    Item: Leftover/Life orb/anything else you could want other then a choice item
    EV: Hp leftover EVs Atk 252 Speed what ever you need to outrun a major threat after the first rock polish(which doubles you speed on the first use)
    Moves:
    Crunch
    Earthquake/Fire blast/
    Rock slide/Stone edge
    Rock polish
        Spoiler:- Pokemon that I can breed and trade.:

Want
    DW females not listed
    0 speed IVs

Pm or VM me for a Trade.

Character BRANDON FC 3869 2640 3022

Why would I run Dragon Claw? <_<; And obviously I'm going to be running Crunch, and Stone Edge, and probably EQ as well.

Ahh. So a Choice Scarf'd Luxray with a Naive Nature would outspeed a few important things. Thanks so much! (:
    Didn't you say it had a Speed-neutral nature? Naive is +speed; that would change the calculation.

Quote Originally Posted by Zachmac View Post
    Probably talking about hidden power ice.
    perfect ice IV?
    Actually my mind wandered. That's supposed to be a Sp. Atk IV. Sorry about that. I actually have HP Ground which is good for Fire and Rock types.

Quote Originally Posted by floatzel98 View Post

- Calm Mind
    - Judgment
    - Recover / Substitute
    Arceus ghost is kinda not very smart in my opinion. Actually it might be very useful...like every team in ubers uses extremespeed arceus, so you could block it.

But look up rapid spinners on serebii and see your choices.

Should I make a thread on dealing with tilt?

Arceus ghost is kinda not very smart in my opinion. Actually it might be very useful...like every team in ubers uses extremespeed arceus, so you could block it.
    It's mostly used as a spin blocker.
    Should I make a thread on dealing with tilt?
    If you do, we have a guides section.

I'd suggest starting the thread by explaining what tilt is.

Quote Originally Posted by floatzel98 View Post

- Calm Mind
    - Judgment
    - Recover / Substitute
    Eviolite Wartortle might work. Only problem is lack of recovery and lesser HP than Blastoise. Although, 120 Base defenses isn't that bad. Or go with Blastoise which has better everything else. and can get recovery from Leftovers.
    Cryogonal is fast... not bulk, but it resists ground moves.
    Forretress really only works if there are no fire moves and if you set up on a physical sweeper. Or if you use it as like a revenge sort of thing, if you switch in you'll at least endure the hit with Sturdy and pull off the Spin
    Don't use Claydol, way too many weaknesses.
    I guess Tentacruel's pretty good with the dominance of Special moves. Plus it removes Toxic Spikes instantly.
    Hitmonchan's defenses are pretty good. Combined with Fire Punch and Iron Fist it can take out most of the common entry hazard Pokemon.
    Hitmonlee with Blaze Kick. Great defenses too.

Eviolite Wartortle might work. Only problem is lack of recovery and lesser HP than Blastoise. Although, 120 Base defenses isn't that bad. Or go with Blastoise which has better everything else. and can get recovery from Leftovers.
    Cryogonal is fast... not bulk, but it resists ground moves.
    Forretress really only works if there are no fire moves and if you set up on a physical sweeper. Or if you use it as like a revenge sort of thing, if you switch in you'll at least endure the hit with Sturdy and pull off the Spin
    Don't use Claydol, way too many weaknesses.
    I guess Tentacruel's pretty good with the dominance of Special moves. Plus it removes Toxic Spikes instantly.
    Hitmonchan's defenses are pretty good. Combined with Fire Punch and Iron Fist it can take out most of the common entry hazard Pokemon.
    Hitmonlee with Blaze Kick. Great defenses too.
    A good chunk of the pokemon you listed wouldn't hold very well in the uber tier.

Page 192 of 247 FirstFirst ... 92142182188189190191192193194195196202242 ... LastLast