Page 197 of 247 FirstFirst ... 97147187193194195196197198199200201207 ... LastLast
Results 4,901 to 4,925 of 6151

Thread: Ask a Question Thread - READ FIRST POST

Quote Originally Posted by John Wallrein View Post
    Why would you not use your STAB water on Heatran anyway? Yah those moves would be pretty useless as a STAB rain boosted water attack will do more damage anyway
    That's the point I was making.
    Venemo Oscuridad - 6 Battles
    My Secret Base, Version 2.

Quote Originally Posted by Mav-san View Post
    Thanks, although I'm wondering if Adamant wouldn't be better with a Choice Scarf.

Yes, correct. It will remain without EV's, just keep in mind they will keep deleting it's moves as it levels.
    Oh ok. Thanks! That's definitely a relief.

Feel like you need a little more Pokemon in your life? Tune into our show!
    EPISODE 55 - SLOWPOKE HOLIDAY
    Looking for something Pokemon-related to listen to while playing through Pokemon XY? This episode is for you!!
    Released: 12/11/14

Guess who claimed Luxray?!

Okay one is Boned if one is down to your HM slave Bibarel but under that scenario is one boned the least?

Which Pokémon work best to support a standard MixApe?

I'm back, baby.

Quote Originally Posted by Bone Cold Marowak Guy View Post
    There is no "standard" MixApe, so it depends on the nuances of your particular set. Infernape in general appreciates dual screen support though, so that should work in all cases.

- - -

I have a Ditto with flawless IVs in everything, and a female Surskit I just bred with flawless IVs in HP, Defense and Speed. I'm trying to get a male Surskit with those same IV so I can breed it with a female DW Gligar so I can get a good Poison Heal Gliscor. I know Power items will guarantee one IV gets passed down, but is there any way I can guarantee more than one? I know giving both parents different Power items doesn't work, but is there anything besides that I can do?

I just tend to see what can MixApe support. As Chaos said, there is no "standard" MixApe since MixApe is generally formed based on what your team needs.
    Join the Tutor Program. Started by JRCxyz & Salavoir

[In Clan Memoriam]
    RIP Battling Academy, even though I just joined.
    Memories are eternal.

RIP Toothpaste Clan. You kept my teeth clean.
    Dental hygiene is eternal.

RIP Survival Island. Global warming drowned us all.
    Survival isn't eternal

Regardless of which Mixape set you build I sure that it will apreciae the boost to it's fire move that sun provides
    My Friend Safari:
    3DS FC: 1564-3608-3734
    Please PM/VM me so I can add you I'm looking for lots of Friend Safaris

Well, if you give its moveset and its item plus your team and then we can see how it'll need support.

Quote Originally Posted by ChaosBlizzard View Post
    I have a Ditto with flawless IVs in everything, and a female Surskit I just bred with flawless IVs in HP, Defense and Speed. I'm trying to get a male Surskit with those same IV so I can breed it with a female DW Gligar so I can get a good Poison Heal Gliscor. I know Power items will guarantee one IV gets passed down, but is there any way I can guarantee more than one? I know giving both parents different Power items doesn't work, but is there anything besides that I can do?
    Nope, there's no other way to pass them on. like that. Since the Pokemon already has the IVs though they are more likely to be passed onto their babies. There's my method which is random egg hatching, but your odds are greatly increased so that's a plus. Then there's RNG which is complicated...
    My Black Friend Code is 4770 6733 5678

Click the banner to check out The Phantom Legacy
    Join us on The Phantom Legacy Xat

Come trade with me! PM me for offers.
    Be sure to check out Serpentine's Breeding Shop

Quote Originally Posted by ChaosBlizzard View Post
    Actually, giving both parents Power Items does work. I can't even guess at how many hours i spent breeding, and i always gave both parents power items and almost always got the stats i used the power items for and one other stat that both parents might've had.
    Pkmn W: 3181 5617 3649
    Pkmn W2: 1464 4040 1673
    [IMG]http://i45.*******.com/rbijc4.jpg[/IMG]

I've been reading a lot about illegal movesets lately. First off, why are they illegal? I know certain combinations of moves are impossible, so they are illegal (like fire punch larvitar with its DW ability), but I looked over the salamence POTW and it said that moxie + outrage was illegal. Why? Is it just because it's too awesome? Also, if there is somewhere, either on these forums or somewhere else that has all the illegal combinations that would help and be easier for everyone.
    White friend code: 2494 3388 7234-Hiro

Shinies: (MM-first egg!)
    RNG shinies:
    Event Shinies:
    DW Females:
    DW Males/Genderless:

I don't like acronyms. They confuse me.

Quote Originally Posted by CarneysRage View Post
    I've been reading a lot about illegal movesets lately. First off, why are they illegal? I know certain combinations of moves are impossible, so they are illegal (like fire punch larvitar with its DW ability), but I looked over the salamence POTW and it said that moxie + outrage was illegal. Why? Is it just because it's too awesome? Also, if there is somewhere, either on these forums or somewhere else that has all the illegal combinations that would help and be easier for everyone.
    When a moveset is illegal it means that it has some sort of moves the Pokemon can't lear mostly because they are moves you can only have if you taught them via tutor or TM in 4th gen and then migrated that pokemon, and about the POTW Moxie is illegal with Outrage and Dragon Dance at the same time, you can only have one of the 2 moves with Moxie but not both
    My Friend Safari:

Way don't any of the Pokemon of the weak mention bulk up?

Can someone explain how Foul Play works? It's not like Punishment because this move actually has a Base Power of 95 which confuses me...

Quote Originally Posted by Serpentine View Post
    Can someone explain how Foul Play works? It's not like Punishment because this move actually has a Base Power of 95 which confuses me...
    It's a 95 base power attack calculated using the opponent's attack stat as opposed to yours.
    99% of teens like 1 directon... put this in ur sig if you dont (started by blazeing man)
    "i have claimed metagross. this means nothing. but if you search the really long thread you will see. Metagross accompanying my name." - BritishLanguage

from what I understand flying in psychics are both bad types for competitive battle so what am I supposed to do about fighting types?

^That is by no means true! Alakazam is a great Psychich type, as is Celebi. Staraptor is a pretty decent Flying Type, as is Zapdos.
        Spoiler:- Current Hunts:

I have claimed Registeel!

Quote Originally Posted by Chaos Werewolf View Post
    from what I understand flying in psychics are both bad types for competitive battle so what am I supposed to do about fighting types?
    Glicor, Dragonite, Tornadus, Alakazam, Reuniclus, Jirachi, Celebi, Latios, Latias, Zapdos, Slowbro and Skarmory they can wall/thread/counter/check or KO Fighting types and are Competitively viable
    My Friend Safari:

What tier(s) are Vulpix and Hippopotas in?
    Yep we should ban baton pass, and weather too. Oh and Trick Room, I'm tired of having to worry about Trick Room all the time. Just ban the move Trick Room, and prankster, it's broken. Ban all status moves on prankster users, they're too cheap. Oh and ban Probopass to it's so cheap. Just ban everything except Magikarp with splash.
    Well, actually Blaziken isn't really Uber because some people whined about how they were getting owned by it. I mean, it doesn't stand a chance in the Uber enviroment.

Quote Originally Posted by irock245 View Post
    What tier(s) are Vulpix and Hippopotas in?
    Vulpix is NFE (Never Fully Evolved). Hippototas is UU.

Quote Originally Posted by britishlanguage View Post
    It's a 95 base power attack calculated using the opponent's attack stat as opposed to yours.
    So if I can understand this correctly.... It uses the opponent's attack and their Defense? That's pretty amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by Lanik View Post
    Vulpix is NFE (Never Fully Evolved). Hippototas is UU.
    Could Vulpix be used in RU then? I'm sure it can, but I want clarification.
    Yep we should ban baton pass, and weather too. Oh and Trick Room, I'm tired of having to worry about Trick Room all the time. Just ban the move Trick Room, and prankster, it's broken. Ban all status moves on prankster users, they're too cheap. Oh and ban Probopass to it's so cheap. Just ban everything except Magikarp with splash.
    Well, actually Blaziken isn't really Uber because some people whined about how they were getting owned by it. I mean, it doesn't stand a chance in the Uber enviroment.

Vulpix, I believe, isn't banned, but Drought is, so effectively, you can't use Drought Vulpix, but Flash Fire Vulpix is okay.

Also, on a side note, Droughts Vulpix is also completely legal, too.
    Join the Tutor Program. Started by JRCxyz & Salavoir

[In Clan Memoriam]
    RIP Battling Academy, even though I just joined.
    Memories are eternal.

RIP Toothpaste Clan. You kept my teeth clean.
    Dental hygiene is eternal.

RIP Survival Island. Global warming drowned us all.
    Survival isn't eternal

I use a Chlorophyll Sawsbuck on my Sun Team, and right now he's a Jolly nature. I feel that sometimes he's a little underpowered. Will Adamant nature fix that problem at all? I want to know before I go off and get myself a new Sawsbuck and train it...AGAIN...I know I could just give my current one a Choice Band but I don't like being locked into one move.
    Pokemon White FC: 2537 2904 7586

It's fast (fairly, at least) so Adamant would be fine in the sun.

With Adamant max speed EVs and chlorophyll it is still really fast.
    Btw, it can learn Swords Dance, so you could keep Jolly.

This signature has been brought to you by Mochi10, thanks a bunch c:

Page 197 of 247 FirstFirst ... 97147187193194195196197198199200201207 ... LastLast