Page 198 of 247 FirstFirst ... 98148188194195196197198199200201202208 ... LastLast
Results 4,926 to 4,950 of 6151

Thread: Ask a Question Thread - READ FIRST POST

Ok, cool. Thanks you two.
    Pokemon White FC: 2537 2904 7586

have I finally achieved my goal of getting the 17 different types into nine Pokémon and having a good team?
    Snorlax, Venasaur, Brongzong, Aradactal, Gastrodon, Galvantula, Blaziken, Frolass, Hydrigon.

Quote Originally Posted by Chaos Werewolf View Post
    have I finally achieved my goal of getting the 17 different types into nine Pokémon and having a good team?
    Snorlax, Venasaur, Brongzong, Aradactal, Gastrodon, Galvantula, Blaziken, Frolass, Hydrigon.
    Yep, that's all 17 types, though I do question it's competitive viability.
    Venemo Oscuridad - 6 Battles
    Magnemite used Sonic Boom! Magnemite glitched through the wall! It's super effective! Lyric fainted!

I've been trying to build a team around a Modest Sheer Force Nidoking. He's too slow, so I think I need a pokemon with Baton Pass+ Agility to make him able to sweep. Is this the only way (outside of choice scarf) to help his speed, and if so what pokemon is best suited for this role?
    This isn't really my signature. It's hidden somewhere in this sentence.

You could try a timid nature. Bulldoze is a roundabout way of doing it but you can try it. Another roundabout way is having a member of unit team paralyze opponents Pokemon.

Lastly if Nidoking learned rock polish in gen 4 you can breed it with a dw nidoran and I think it should come out with that move. I'm not sure if it does though

^You ever have that moment you realize you forgot to give credit? Sorry Irra!!^

I don't want to lose a moveslot for Bulldoze or rock polish (I do love his special coverage) but I didn't think about paralysis. Thanks!
    This isn't really my signature. It's hidden somewhere in this sentence.

Quote Originally Posted by Porridge Beast View Post
    I don't want to lose a moveslot for Bulldoze or rock polish (I do love his special coverage) but I didn't think about paralysis. Thanks!
    Venomoth Baton passes a Quiver Dance with just 1 or 2 you can sweep a whole team, also Bulldoze would be pointless since Sheer Force nullifies that speed drop
    My Friend Safari:
    3DS FC: 1564-3608-3734
    Please PM/VM me so I can add you I'm looking for lots of Friend Safaris

I've been trying to build a team around a Modest Sheer Force Nidoking. He's too slow, so I think I need a pokemon with Baton Pass+ Agility to make him able to sweep. Is this the only way (outside of choice scarf) to help his speed, and if so what pokemon is best suited for this role?
    Yea, I use Tailwind with mine. It's only for a couple turns though, and an ally would need to use it and be KO'd or swap out. QuiverPassing w/ Venomoth would also work, but good luck having Venomoth be able to do such a thing.
    Pkmn W: 3181 5617 3649
    Pkmn W2: 1464 4040 1673
    [IMG]http://i45.*******.com/rbijc4.jpg[/IMG]

should I switch to Infernape? unlike other Pokémon of the same type combination practicality and personality even each other out. all right personality isn't part of competitive discussion however I am most stumped.

not sure what the right place is...I have a recap/warstory of my first trip to VGC (Athens) and am wondering if it goes in with the other Warstories or if there's a special place for the beginner and/or VGC stuff. I have one actual battle spelled out in detail, one that's a detailed summary, and the rest is general recap type stuff. Working on images and photos to jazz it up.
    One of the Proud 25% that level up legally.

Claimed: Top Gun Anthem (March '09)
    Banette 30 Sept '11

Spoiler:- Brags:

Top 3,000 2012 International WiFi
    Spring 2012 SE US Regionals: 1-7 TCG, 2-6 VGC (warstory coming soon)
    Found the Collo Bonus Disc @ GS
    PGL: FLPokemom

Quote Originally Posted by Chaos Werewolf View Post
    should I switch to Infernape? unlike other Pokémon of the same type combination practicality and personality even each other out. all right personality isn't part of competitive discussion however I am most stumped.
    Well, seeing as Blaziken is Uber, you probably want to do that.
    Magnemite used Sonic Boom! Magnemite glitched through the wall! It's super effective! Lyric fainted!

How viable is knock off as the only offensive move on a Pokemon?

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonicwari View Post
    How viable is knock off as the only offensive move on a Pokemon?
    if it's on a support Pokemon it can work, however if you put it on a rather offensive Pokemon then it's a waste of moveslot, use it only for the item removing effect.
    My Friend Safari:

Quote Originally Posted by pkmnswampmaster View Post
    if it's on a support Pokemon it can work, however if you put it on a rather offensive Pokemon then it's a waste of moveslot, use it only for the item removing effect.
    Thats kinda what I was thinking. Thanks for the help

Trick Room works too in addition to what others have said. You could also have gravity support and trade up for stronger moves like Blizzard, Fire Blast, and Thunder. Quiver Dance+Baton Pass helps a lot. Most of your weaknesses are mainly special attacks and the added Sp. Atk boost just makes you a deadly force.

Is Carracosta a better Choice Banded Aqua Jetter than Azumarill?
    My Black Friend Code is 4770 6733 5678

Click the banner to check out The Phantom Legacy
    Join us on The Phantom Legacy Xat

Come trade with me! PM me for offers.
    Be sure to check out Serpentine's Breeding Shop

@ serpentine I haven't used carracosta out of game but Azumarril has a lot less weaknesses and a pure powered adamant aqua jet does a lot more than expected off of Azumarril

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonicwari View Post
    @ serpentine I haven't used carracosta out of game but Azumarril has a lot less weaknesses and a pure powered adamant aqua jet does a lot more than expected off of Azumarril
    That's true... I was just wodnering since it has more bulk and higher attack.

Quote Originally Posted by Serpentine View Post
    That's true... I was just wodnering since it has more bulk and higher attack.
    Azumarill have 436 attack with adamant
    While Carracosta have 346 with adamant
    If you want to use carracosta effectively use shell smash it is his main niche.

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Oak
    Only two things are infinite, the universe and the amount of zubat in caves, and I'm not sure about the former.
    Shortcut to damage calculator

Quote Originally Posted by Ilan View Post
    Azumarill have 436 attack with adamant
    While Carracosta have 346 with adamant
    If you want to use carracosta effectively use shell smash it is his main niche.
    Well what're good moves for it? I have Aqua Jet, Smack Down, and EQ

I've been trying to breed a competitively usable Gligar for about a week now. It's going to be a standard Defensive Gliscor (252 HP / 184 Def / 72 Speed). Obviously, Gliscor need high HP and Defense, at least decent Special Defense because of their weaknesses to Water and Ice, enough Speed to hit 244 at 100, and at least decent Attack to boost the occasional Earthquake. I just hatched a Gligar with Impish and Immunity with the following IVs:

31 HP
    28 Attack
    31 Defense
    1 Special Attack (lol)
    17 Special Defense
    31 Speed

Normally with just a standard hit-and-run type sweeper, you can kind of get away with it having 31 in its attacking stat and Speed and letting the other stats kind of slide, but Gliscor really kind of uses all of his stats except Special Attack. Do you think this is good enough, or do you think that lower-ish Special Defense IV will be his Achilles' heel?

Quote Originally Posted by ChaosBlizzard View Post
    I've been trying to breed a competitively usable Gligar for about a week now. It's going to be a standard Defensive Gliscor (252 HP / 184 Def / 72 Speed). Obviously, Gliscor need high HP and Defense, at least decent Special Defense because of their weaknesses to Water and Ice, enough Speed to hit 244 at 100, and at least decent Attack to boost the occasional Earthquake. I just hatched a Gligar with Impish and Immunity with the following IVs:

31 HP
    28 Attack
    31 Defense
    1 Special Attack (lol)
    17 Special Defense
    31 Speed

Normally with just a standard hit-and-run type sweeper, you can kind of get away with it having 31 in its attacking stat and Speed and letting the other stats kind of slide, but Gliscor really kind of uses all of his stats except Special Attack. Do you think this is good enough, or do you think that lower-ish Special Defense IV will be his Achilles' heel?
    it should be fine because it shouldn't stay in against Special Attackers anyways. I run the same Gliscor with a bit better IV's. but yea, Gliscor generally has problems with Special Attackers it doesn't resist, so just keep that in mind.
    Pkmn W: 3181 5617 3649
    Pkmn W2: 1464 4040 1673
    [IMG]http://i45.*******.com/rbijc4.jpg[/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by ChaosBlizzard View Post

31 HP
    28 Attack
    31 Defense
    1 Special Attack (lol)
    17 Special Defense
    31 Speed

I would use it, and to be fair Gliscor's Sp. Def is always it's Aquiles heel, just keep it away from SP atackers or pair it with a specialy bulky Pokemon Like Vaporeon for example
    My Friend Safari:

Like the other two said, Gliscor doesn't really use it's special defense. If it sees a special attacker, it should usually flee.

Would a Physical Azelf set work?

Quote Originally Posted by cooloolcool View Post
    Would a Physical Azelf set work?
    125 attack, 115 speed, physical STAB, elemental punches and U-turn. Could probably work, but with some of it's physical moves being so weak, you'd probably want a life orb or choice band. I say go for it.

Page 198 of 247 FirstFirst ... 98148188194195196197198199200201202208 ... LastLast