Page 207 of 247 FirstFirst ... 107157197203204205206207208209210211217 ... LastLast
Results 5,151 to 5,175 of 6151

Thread: Ask a Question Thread - READ FIRST POST

never mind it is fine.

Credit to me

Quote Originally Posted by drizzleboy12 View Post
    vaporeon @leftovers
    water absorb
    bold
    252 HP. 252 Sp.Att 4 Def.
    -wish
    -heal bell
    -protect
    -scald
    Okay, and who else is on your team?

Choosing between Water Absorb and Hydration will be tough. Only use Water Absorb if you are sending Vaporeon out with a Pokemon that knows Surf. Otherwise, choose Hydration, because people love to status (especially Toxic) walls in order to slowly kill them off if they can't do it in one or two turns on their own.

As for your EVs, if Vaporeon is a wall, you most certainly do not want ANY EVs in Special Attack. Vaporeon's Defense is terrible, and if you plan on keeping it alive, you need to give it 252 HP/252 Def/4 SpD, with a Bold nature.

Heal Bell is an interesting choice; you're going to have to migrate an Eevee from HG in order to get it, limiting you to only Water Absorb. If you want a status healer on your team, I suppose that is the way to go, and only send out Vaporeon with someone who knows Surf.

I personally would do this:

Vaporeon @Leftovers
    Bold
    252 HP/252 Def/4 SpD
    Hydration

Rest
    Wish
    Scald
    Toxic

Because if it is raining, Vaporeon can use Rest, and Hydration will wake it up immediately. But if you want a healer, don't do that. Keep what you have. But knowing the rest of your team is important before making this decision.

3DS FC: 5129-1087-8128 Friend Safari: Phanpy, Dugtrio, Diggersby
    IGN: Varanus ~I have officially claimed Chompy!~

Quote Originally Posted by DarkLucarioADV View Post
    Varanus already said not to and she's smarter than me so I should Listen to her.
    -------

Best 6 pokemon for a fighting type team?
    Credit to Sworn Metalhead for the amazing banner.

Pokegyms Ice leader. Masters league Steel leader.

Credit to Astral Shadow for the userbar and Kida-Ookami for the badge.

It depends on what you want it to do.

I have found true bliss. It has been staring at me for eight years. Only recently have i welcomed it into my arms.
    September 5th, 2014

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Fighting View Post
    Imho, the "best" Pokemon within Fighting are Blaziken, Infernape, Lucario, Conkeldurr, Mienshao and Terrakion. Especially Terrakion.

Once again, there is no "best" Pokemon for anything. It all depends on how you get your team to work together. Make sure that abilities are compatible. Is this a single- or double- team? Is it for in-game or Random Wifi battles?

You basically need to choose dual-type Pokemon so you can cover all of your type bases, and make sure that you have abilities that work well together. Make sure that you have tanks and sweepers, and a healer if you want one. Whether this is for single- or double- battles really makes a difference on who you will choose.

Barring legendaries (because using overpowered legendaries for pure brute force is cheap), you could do something like

Poliwrath
    Lucario
    Speed Boost Blaziken
    Gallade
    Poison Heal Breloom @ Toxic Orb (must know Spore)
    Poison Touch Toxicroak

I didn't put a whole lot of thought into who would be doing what here because you haven't said what kind of a team this is. Fighting types seem to lack walls, though, so using Terrakion might be a necessity.

Varanus already said not to and she's smarter than me so I should Listen to her.
    -------

I need a Volcarona check/counter who won't mess up a Volt Turn team's offensive momentum, and can beat it at +1.

No Terrakion, though, since the team I'm using is based around Landorus-T, who plays a similar role.

Oh, and I would prefer that it's not scarfed, since I already have Thundurus-T as revenge killer, but I may take it if there are no other options.
    Venemo Oscuridad - 6 Battles
    My Secret Base, Version 2.

Quote Originally Posted by 10151993 View Post
    Whats a good HP for keldeo?
    current set im gonna use
    Item: Leftovers
    EVs: 4hp 252 satk 252 spd
    Calm mind
    Secret sword
    Hydro pump/ surf
    HP (?)
    I use HP Ice for Dragons, but Ghost is best for coverage.
    Well. Like others stated. No "best" Pokemon, but.

Lucario.
    Terrakion.
    Infernape.
    Conkeldurr.
    Medicham(Fighting resist) or Breloom.
    Keldeo or Virizion.

Quote Originally Posted by Zachmac View Post
    I need a Volcarona check/counter who won't mess up a Volt Turn team's offensive momentum, and can beat it at +1.

No Terrakion, though, since the team I'm using is based around Landorus-T, who plays a similar role.

Oh, and I would prefer that it's not scarfed, since I already have Thundurus-T as revenge killer, but I may take it if there are no other options.
    Hmm. Why not Heatran? It sucks up the HP Ice that would normally threaten Lando and Thundurus.
    Goodbye friends. My Pokémon drive is reaching zero, so I'm gonna go do other stuffs. Love you all. c:

-Alex

All I could actually think of was Scarf MoxieMence as well as Scarf Terrakion. DD Nite or CBNite could also work well with Extremespeed. DDNite also has time to set up on Volca due to dual STAB resistance and and HP-Rock does negligible damage thanks to Multiscale, so you should effectively 2HKO Volca at +1, or in other words, OHKO after Stealth Rocks.
    Join the Tutor Program. Started by JRCxyz & Salavoir

[In Clan Memoriam]
    RIP Battling Academy, even though I just joined.
    Memories are eternal.

RIP Toothpaste Clan. You kept my teeth clean.
    Dental hygiene is eternal.

RIP Survival Island. Global warming drowned us all.
    Survival isn't eternal

Hey guys. So I've been off the Pokemon/SPPF grid for about 3 months and I'm trying to get back up to speed. Anyone mind TL;DRing what's been going on with the competitive scene? Bans, new trends, changes now that BW2 are out?

I have claimed Giratina

^ New tutor moves in BW & W2 have been confirmed. They were leaked about three days ago, but Serebii offers a more comprehensible list of tutor moves now. You'll be seeing better move pools when B2 & W2 come out. Not every Pokemon has much going for them, though.

Is Life Orb Moxie Honchkrow viable in OU? If so, what are good teammates?

Quote Originally Posted by cooloolcool View Post
    Is Life Orb Moxie Honchkrow viable in OU? If so, what are good teammates?
    Kinda. It has a powerful Sucker Punch and can easily beat offense teams, but as with all underused pokemon, it's hard for it to function properly.

Yeah. I tried finding an example RMT for you on Smogon, but it's hard to find a good one. Best step is to find something that can deal with stall, as that sh1ts all over Honchkrow.
    Join the Tutor Program. Started by JRCxyz & Salavoir

[In Clan Memoriam]
    RIP Battling Academy, even though I just joined.
    Memories are eternal.

RIP Toothpaste Clan. You kept my teeth clean.
    Dental hygiene is eternal.

RIP Survival Island. Global warming drowned us all.
    Survival isn't eternal

Quote Originally Posted by Eaglehawk View Post
    Kinda. It has a powerful Sucker Punch and can easily beat offense teams, but as with all underused pokemon, it's hard for it to function properly.

Yeah. I tried finding an example RMT for you on Smogon, but it's hard to find a good one. Best step is to find something that can deal with stall, as that sh1ts all over Honchkrow.
    Ok. Thanks. I'll do a bit of thinking and then maybe post on the Tem Building Help Thread.

Sooo, what exactly does the Enigma Berry do?

Feel like you need a little more Pokemon in your life? Tune into our show!
    EPISODE 55 - SLOWPOKE HOLIDAY
    Looking for something Pokemon-related to listen to while playing through Pokemon XY? This episode is for you!!
    Released: 12/11/14

Guess who claimed Luxray?!

Quote Originally Posted by jstinftw! View Post
    Sooo, what exactly does the Enigma Berry do?
    "The Enigma Berry is a type of Berry introduced in Generation III that could only be obtained through use of a GameShark or similar cheating device. It had little to no purpose in Generation III as it was meant merely to be a placeholder for data from Pokémon Battle e cards. In Generation IV, it became a normal Berry, but retained its rarity. In Generation V it can also be found as a Battle Subway NPC partner's occasional held item. [...] When a Pokémon holds an Enigma Berry and is hit by a super effective move, it will recover ź of its HP. This effect is present only from Generation IV onwards."

Enigma Berry

Quote Originally Posted by ChaosBlizzard View Post
    "The Enigma Berry is a type of Berry introduced in Generation III that could only be obtained through use of a GameShark or similar cheating device. It had little to no purpose in Generation III as it was meant merely to be a placeholder for data from Pokémon Battle e cards. In Generation IV, it became a normal Berry, but retained its rarity. In Generation V it can also be found as a Battle Subway NPC partner's occasional held item. [...] When a Pokémon holds an Enigma Berry and is hit by a super effective move, it will recover ź of its HP. This effect is present only from Generation IV onwards."

Enigma Berry
    Oh! For some reason, when I read it before, it didn't make sense, but now it does. xP

Thanks! That's pretty nifty in Doubles. (:

Feel like you need a little more Pokemon in your life? Tune into our show!
    EPISODE 55 - SLOWPOKE HOLIDAY
    Looking for something Pokemon-related to listen to while playing through Pokemon XY? This episode is for you!!
    Released: 12/11/14

Guess who claimed Luxray?!

As the new Imposter Ditto is released and I started using it, I became rather confused with the mechanics of the transformation. Do the EVs you put on Ditto transfer over to the Transformed version of Ditto, or do you copy the exact stats of your opponent?

This signature has been brought to you by Mochi10, thanks a bunch c:

Quote Originally Posted by Soperman View Post
    As the new Imposter Ditto is released and I started using it, I became rather confused with the mechanics of the transformation. Do the EVs you put on Ditto transfer over to the Transformed version of Ditto, or do you copy the exact stats of your opponent?
    You copy the exact stats, including IVs and EVs. You don't copy HP, though. Nor does your hidden power type change.
    Venemo Oscuridad - 6 Battles
    My Secret Base, Version 2.

When, where, and for what games was Imposter Ditto released? I can't find any information on this anywhere on Serebii or on teh Googlez, and I would really like one.

-------

Quote Originally Posted by varanus_komodoensis View Post
    When, where, and for what games was Imposter Ditto released? I can't find any information on this anywhere on Serebii or on teh Googlez, and I would really like one.
    They are available in the Hidden Hollows (or burrows, or whatever they're called) in BW2. Kinda a suckish way to release them imo...

You copy the exact stats, including IVs and EVs. You don't copy HP, though. Nor does your hidden power type change.
    Actually it doesn't copy IV's, just exact stats except HP. if you wanted a specific Hidden Power on your Ditto, than you'd have to have the right IV's on the Ditto. If you don't care about Hidden Power than the only IV that matters is 31 in HP.
    From Smogon: "However, Ditto copies the stats of any other Pokemon that it transforms into, so the EVs serve no further purpose. Ditto does not, however, copy the opponent's IVs, so one should make sure that Ditto's IVs are set for the Hidden Power of choice."
    http://www.smogon.com/dw/pokemon/ditto
    Pkmn W: 3181 5617 3649
    Pkmn W2: 1464 4040 1673
    [IMG]http://i45.*******.com/rbijc4.jpg[/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by ChaosBlizzard View Post
    They are available in the Hidden Hollows (or burrows, or whatever they're called) in BW2. Kinda a suckish way to release them imo...
    Thanks! Are B2W2 GTS and regular B/W GTS the same, so I could potentially find one for regular B/W on the GTS?

-------

I was wondering if anyone knows how targets are selected when using copycat in a double battle.
    For example, if Pokemon A uses Spore, and Pokemon B uses Copycat (right after the spore), who will the Copycat target?
    Also, is there a chance that Copycat will target your own Pokémon (aka teammate), cause so far I haven't seen it happen yet...

Hope anyone knows >.<

It doesn't actually copy IVs, which is why it can't copy the Hidden Power type. Admittedly there isn't much point to giving an Imposter Ditto a specific HP type, since you can't be certain of any Pokemon's Hidden Power.
    Quote Originally Posted by varanus_komodoensis View Post
    Thanks! Are B2W2 GTS and regular B/W GTS the same, so I could potentially find one for regular B/W on the GTS?
    Yep, you can find anything from BW2 on a BW gts, excluding forms and whatnot.

Page 207 of 247 FirstFirst ... 107157197203204205206207208209210211217 ... LastLast