Page 222 of 247 FirstFirst ... 122172212218219220221222223224225226232 ... LastLast
Results 5,526 to 5,550 of 6151

Thread: Ask a Question Thread - READ FIRST POST

which is better, Sheer Force Elemental Punch Conkledurr, or Iron Fist Elemental Punch Cinkledurr?

Quote Originally Posted by MetalFlygon08 View Post
    which is better, Sheer Force Elemental Punch Conkledurr, or Iron Fist Elemental Punch Cinkledurr?
    Technically Sheer Force since it gets a 30% boost and Iron Fist gets 20% but at the same time Iron Fist benefits Mach Punch and Drain Punch which is nice...although I guess that doesn't matter too much since you are running elemental punch or whatever. Sheer Force also negates Life Orb recoil and it stops Red Card and Eject Button from working too. Soooo I guess for what you are trying to to Sheer Force is better.

Also I think Guts Conkelderp is better than Sheer Force and Iron Fist anyway.
        Spoiler:- Credits:

Okay so I am not entirely sure if this is the proper place to ask this, but it has to deal with IV's. Calculating IV's for me is kind of confusing, and while I have used the serebii IV calculator sometimes I am not sure if I am using it properly. Part of the reason I am asking about IV's is because at the moment I am going after the TM Hidden Power, and I want to know or rather figure out how to properly calculate IV's so that I can get Hidden Powers of certain types. Its a move that I honestly would like to have on a few Pokemon, but the problem is I really have no idea what Hidden Power my Pokemon will have, nor do I know whether or not said Hidden Power will be of any use on that Pokemon. So could someone perhaps assist me a little with this? Help a brotha out please?
    You have a better chance of reaching me on skype (mtmaster_2k7)
    Black 2 FC:4256 1441 2663

Quote Originally Posted by mtmaster View Post
    Okay so I am not entirely sure if this is the proper place to ask this, but it has to deal with IV's. Calculating IV's for me is kind of confusing, and while I have used the serebii IV calculator sometimes I am not sure if I am using it properly. Part of the reason I am asking about IV's is because at the moment I am going after the TM Hidden Power, and I want to know or rather figure out how to properly calculate IV's so that I can get Hidden Powers of certain types. Its a move that I honestly would like to have on a few Pokemon, but the problem is I really have no idea what Hidden Power my Pokemon will have, nor do I know whether or not said Hidden Power will be of any use on that Pokemon. So could someone perhaps assist me a little with this? Help a brotha out please?
    There's a man in the Mistralton City pokemon center that tell you your pokemon's hidden power.
    3DS FC: 3909-8385-9595

Pokemon X Shiny Value: 51

Quote Originally Posted by QuoteMaster View Post
    There's a man in the Mistralton City pokemon center that tell you your pokemon's hidden power.
    The only people in the Mistralton PKMN Center are the medal guy, some girl, and a cop, none of them tell you what your Pokemon's Hidden Power is.
    You have a better chance of reaching me on skype (mtmaster_2k7)
    Black 2 FC:4256 1441 2663

Sorry if I'm in the wrong place.
    But guys, I want to use a Cotton Guard/Giga Drain/Hyper Voice (maybe Hyper Voice?)/Drain Punch

Maractus. It's just for fun (pre-E4)
    I was thinking Quiet/Relaxed or something too.

Any idea what nature/EVs I should use and if Hyper Voice should be replaced?
        Spoiler:- Pokemon I really like/Favorite Pokemon:

Quote Originally Posted by mtmaster View Post
    The only people in the Mistralton PKMN Center are the medal guy, some girl, and a cop, none of them tell you what your Pokemon's Hidden Power is.
    Looks like you're using a B2W2 cartiridge, the hidden powers guy moved from Mistralton City in BW1 to the PWT in Driftveil City in BW2, I just found him.
    3DS FC: 3909-8385-9595

Pokemon X Shiny Value: 51

Quote Originally Posted by Icepwned View Post
    Sorry if I'm in the wrong place.
    But guys, I want to use a Cotton Guard/Giga Drain/Hyper Voice (maybe Hyper Voice?)/Drain Punch

Maractus. It's just for fun (pre-E4)
    I was thinking Quiet/Relaxed or something too.

Any idea what nature/EVs I should use and if Hyper Voice should be replaced?
    Actually, which of these sounds best?

Maractus
    252 HP/4 Def/252 Sp.Def
    Sassy (+Spdef , -Speed)
    -Cotton Guard
    -Toxic
    -Giga Drain
    -Drain Punch

Maractus
    252 HP/252 Atk/4 Sp.Def
    Adamant/Brave (+Atk, -Sp.Atk/Speed)
    -Cotton Guard
    -Drain Punch
    -Needle Arm/Giga Drain
    -Sucker Punch

Maractus
    252 HP/252 Sp.Atk/4 Sp.Def
    Quiet (+Sp.Atk, -Speed)
    -Cotton Guard
    -Hyper Voice
    -Giga Drain
    -Drain Punch

Hey guys, I'm breeding a DDing T-tar and got perfect attack and speed IVs. The problem is HP, special defense, and defense are all pretty bad. HP and and special defense are 15-20, and defense is 10-14. Should I keep breeding for a better one? Or is that fine?
    3DS Friend Code: 1435-3471-7760

My friend safari is Teddiursa, Mincinno, and Chansey.

So I have a Raikou which I'm planning will look like this:

Raikou @ Leftovers
    Ability: Pressure
    Evs: 252 Special Attack/252 Speed/4 HP
    Nature: Timid
    - Calm Mind
    - Thunderbolt
    - Substitute
    - Hidden Power (Grass)

Basically, I was going to go for Hidden Power Ice on this thing, but the first time I caught it on SoulSilver (I was planning on SRing for it if I had to), it had a timid nature plus 31 IV in speed. However, it had Hidden Power Grass, and I was wondering if that was good enough to keep on it considering its IVs and nature, or if I should keep going and SR until I get HP Ice?

† I am a Christian, and not ashamed to admit it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

"For God so loveth the world, that he hath given his only son, that none that believe in him, should perish: but should have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

My Animelist

Quote Originally Posted by Roseheart95 View Post
    So I have a Raikou which I'm planning will look like this:

Raikou @ Leftovers
    Ability: Pressure
    Evs: 252 Special Attack/252 Speed/4 HP
    Nature: Timid
    - Calm Mind
    - Thunderbolt
    - Substitute
    - Hidden Power (Grass)

Basically, I was going to go for Hidden Power Ice on this thing, but the first time I caught it on SoulSilver (I was planning on SRing for it if I had to), it had a timid nature plus 31 IV in speed. However, it had Hidden Power Grass, and I was wondering if that was good enough to keep on it considering its IVs and nature, or if I should keep going and SR until I get HP Ice?
    No, Hidden Power Grass makes a good alternative. Your Raikou would have to use it to OHKO Swampert and Rhyperior.

Quote Originally Posted by Surfing Pikachu View Post
    Hey guys, I'm breeding a DDing T-tar and got perfect attack and speed IVs. The problem is HP, special defense, and defense are all pretty bad. HP and and special defense are 15-20, and defense is 10-14. Should I keep breeding for a better one? Or is that fine?
    I say it's probably good. It's special defense gets a boost from the sandstorm, and T-tars got enough natural bulk that it could probably set up a good Dragon Dance without the need of 15 stat points alone.
    Venemo Oscuridad - 6 Battles
    My Secret Base, Version 2.

Maractus:

252 HP/4 Def/252 Sp.Def
    Sassy (+Spdef , -Speed)
    -Cotton Guard
    -Toxic
    -Giga Drain
    -Drain Punch/Sucker Punch

or

252 HP/252 Atk/4 Sp.Def
    Adamant/Brave (+Atk, -Sp.Atk/Speed)
    -Cotton Guard
    -Drain Punch/Toxic
    -Needle Arm
    -Sucker Punch

or

4 HP/252 Sp.Atk/252 Speed
    Naive/Hasty
    -Sunny Day
    -Giga Drain/Solarbeam
    -Drain Punch
    -Growth

^I'd have to say the first. Maractus is a really bad pokemon at just about every job, but at least in can make up for it's all around average stats with cotton guard.

Doesn't Growth do the same thing?
    Raises Atk and Spatk 2 stages in the sun.

How do I select a Lead for a competitive battling team?
    In order to understand my train of thoughts,
    you'll have to put yourself in my position. You can't expect me to think like you because my life ain't like yours; You know what I'm sayin?

- TI, Ready For Whatever
    Paper Trail.

Quote Originally Posted by azeem40 View Post
    How do I select a Lead for a competitive battling team?
    Leads don't exist in gen 5.. you put it first in the party.

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Oak
    Only two things are infinite, the universe and the amount of zubat in caves, and I'm not sure about the former.
    Shortcut to damage calculator

Then how am I supposed to make a competitive team?
    you'll have to put yourself in my position. You can't expect me to think like you because my life ain't like yours; You know what I'm sayin?

- TI, Ready For Whatever
    Paper Trail.

Then how am I supposed to make a competitive team?
    Well for one, we can't just give you a team.

What is your Team? Maybe that way it will be easier for us to help you.

Quote Originally Posted by Savanny
    This place is deader than my pets I have buried in the backyard...

I have no team yet. I just don't know how to start tem building.

- TI, Ready For Whatever
    Paper Trail.

I have no team yet. I just don't know how to start tem building.
    Hmm... Is there a Pokemon that you would like to use?

(It does not have to be in a certain tier, it can be your favorite Pokemon if you so wish)

Quote Originally Posted by Savanny
    This place is deader than my pets I have buried in the backyard...

Dragonite has always been my favorite Pokemon. I have used it in every generation of Pokemon. I looked at some sets on smogon, but I don't want to just use a standard set because a lot of people base their counters on those sets. I'd like to learn to make a non-standard, yet non-gimmick set for a Pokemon. I also used to know how to make custom EVs, about leftovers numbers, speed tiers, attack, def tiers, etc, but have forgotten how to do so. Any help would really be appreciated.

- TI, Ready For Whatever
    Paper Trail.

Dragonite has always been my favorite Pokemon. I have used it in every generation of Pokemon. I looked at some sets on smogon, but I don't want to just use a standard set because a lot of people base their counters on those sets. I'd like to learn to make a non-standard, yet non-gimmick set for a Pokemon. I also used to know how to make custom EVs, about leftovers numbers, speed tiers, attack, def tiers, etc, but have forgotten how to do so. Any help would really be appreciated.
    I'm fairly good with custom EVs if I actually put effort into it. I'll just have to mess with the speed tier list and a damage calculator.

Hm......there are plenty of rain tank sets, but imagine how hard that Dragon could hit with Hurricane when using choice specs. Draco Meteor/Hurricane/Thunder/Filler, perhaps? I'll go play with a calc.

You are a begginer then try to use standard sets at first to learn how to play moreover use other people's teams if you want.

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Oak
    Only two things are infinite, the universe and the amount of zubat in caves, and I'm not sure about the former.
    Shortcut to damage calculator

Quote Originally Posted by Zachmac View Post
    I'm fairly good with custom EVs if I actually put effort into it. I'll just have to mess with the speed tier list and a damage calculator.

Hm......there are plenty of rain tank sets, but imagine how hard that Dragon could hit with Hurricane when using choice specs. Draco Meteor/Hurricane/Thunder/Filler, perhaps? I'll go play with a calc.
    Okay, so here is the set.

Dragonite @ Choice Specs
    Multiscale
    Modest/Quite
    -Hurricane
    -Thunder
    -Draco Meteor
    -Surf/Earthquake/Roost

Hurricane is the most important move in this set, being an extremely accurate and powerful STAB with no downsides and perfect accuracy in the rain. It even 2HKOs the likes of Ferrothorn. Thunder, on the other hand, is capable of 2HKOing Rotom-W. Draco Meteor was added for nothing in specific, but is there purely for it's immense power and STAB. Finally, Surf is it's next most powerful attack after these three in the rain, but with a quit nature, Earthquake can 2HKO a specially defensive Jirachi that had already tried to tank a Hurricane earlier in the fight. Roost is also an option on Dragonite if you want to keep it healthy, and while risky to be locked into, it can also be a life saver in the long run.

The trick to using this set is to start with Hurricane until something that resist it is sent in. The next time you send in Dragonite after that, use the appropriate attack to finish off the pokemon who had swapped in previously more reliably then any other attack. Also, this set, like most choice band or specs sets, should make an excellent wall breaker.

This set should be paired up with a Politoed and a pokemon with Rapid Spin, but if you want to go into details, you should either use this thread (click here) or PM me to continue the discussion.

Also, I've never use this set before, so I it may not actually turn out that well, but that's a risk you have to take whenever you want to create your own custom set.

Page 222 of 247 FirstFirst ... 122172212218219220221222223224225226232 ... LastLast