Page 227 of 246 FirstFirst ... 127177217223224225226227228229230231237 ... LastLast
Results 5,651 to 5,675 of 6149

Thread: Ask a Question Thread - READ FIRST POST

Quote Originally Posted by ChaosBlizzard View Post
    Well, you've correctly identified the fact that you need a Fighting-type sweeper, which is good. However, you aren't particularly hurt by entry hazards, so I wouldn't recommend Hitmontop or Heracross. Heracross isn't even that good in UU in my experience, let alone OU.

I would recommend a Terrakion. It will give you all the power and coverage you need, but with a bit more immediacy than a Breloom. Almost all of your team is bulky or straight up defensive, so a fast, powerful sweeper like this will mix well.

If it absolutely must be one of the things you listed, then one of the two Breloom sets; probably Techniloom, but that's just my guess.
    thanks so much for the advice i tested out a few fights with CB terrakion, and it has been working fantastically... im also going to try out SR terrakion and see if that works.

Edit: thanks again support terrakion is doing even better, being its an easy suicide lead to use

Edit #2: ive been meaning to ask this. Which bold natured volcarona set is more efficient for a bulky booster? I plan on using this on my other team (sun): 144hp/252 def/112 spe or 248 hp/216 def/52 spe?
        Spoiler:- Currently seeking::

I will offer very well

Black FC- 1377 6936 4444
    Platinum FC- 4856 6947 4507

3DS-FC: 3539-8957-9606

Steel Safari: Mawile, Skarmory, Klefki

Quote Originally Posted by hotcoldyay View Post
    Edit #2: ive been meaning to ask this. Which bold natured volcarona set is more efficient for a bulky booster? I plan on using this on my other team (sun): 144hp/252 def/112 spe or 248 hp/216 def/52 spe?
    I've never used this set before, so I can only regurgitate what others who have say, but the standard set for a Bold-natured boosting set is this.

Volcarona @ Leftovers
    Nature: Bold
    EVs: 240 HP / 216 Def / 52 Spe
    ~ Quiver Dance
    ~ Fiery Dance
    ~ Bug Buzz
    ~ Roost

That looks like a pretty solid way to run it though. The moves definitely wouldn't change; the only thing that would change would be the EVs.

Quote Originally Posted by ChaosBlizzard View Post
    I've never used this set before, so I can only regurgitate what others who have say, but the standard set for a Bold-natured boosting set is this.

Volcarona @ Leftovers
    Nature: Bold
    EVs: 240 HP / 216 Def / 52 Spe
    ~ Quiver Dance
    ~ Fiery Dance
    ~ Bug Buzz
    ~ Roost

That looks like a pretty solid way to run it though. The moves definitely wouldn't change; the only thing that would change would be the EVs.
    the only reason i listed that spread was because i saw a revamp analysis on smogon saying this spread, but then it never got uploaded. i thought the spread you listed had become outdated, but anyway thanks again

I will offer very well

Black FC- 1377 6936 4444

Quote Originally Posted by hotcoldyay View Post
    the only reason i listed that spread was because i saw a revamp analysis on smogon saying this spread, but then it never got uploaded. i thought the spread you listed had become outdated, but anyway thanks again
    It might have, I don't know. Your EV spread seems sound at least. If you want to use it, go for it. Like I said, the moveset wouldn't change, just the EVs.

Edit: ignore this, i found s comfortable solution for now

I will offer very well

Black FC- 1377 6936 4444

Would Toxic work on a Pure-Steel-Type Pokemon holding a Ring Target?

Quote Originally Posted by Savanny
    This place is deader than my pets I have buried in the backyard...

So I've been EV training some pokes and based on where there it feels like their stats aren't going in the right direction.... whats the best way to EV train a poke from level 1?
    Epic trades for you!

FC:
    Black 2: 4857 4837 4412

Offering:
    DWF:

Looking for:

Please if you want any of these and more just PM me!

All of the above are only available in black/white 2... I'm waiting for the pokemon transporter :P

In Pokemon x/y
    FC: 3754-6299-8594

Offering: Chespin, Fennekin, Squirtle, protean froakie
    Vivillions: elegant, modern
    Things I'm looking for: Mega pinsir's stone, mewtwo x's stone, mega tyranitars stone, mega manectric's stone

Quote Originally Posted by Gothic-Gothorita View Post
    Would Toxic work on a Pure-Steel-Type Pokemon holding a Ring Target?
    Yes. There's nothing stopping a Steel-type from receiving a Poison or Bad Poison condition, it's just that they're immune to Poison-type moves. If a non-Poison-type move was used to poison it or it lost that immunity to Poison, it could definitely be poisoned.

Quote Originally Posted by Lolsgod View Post
    So I've been EV training some pokes and based on where there it feels like their stats aren't going in the right direction.... whats the best way to EV train a poke from level 1?
    Find a wild Pokemon of such a level that yours can beat and that gives the type of EVs you want and beat it. What specifically is the problem? Keep in mind that you won't immediately see the results of EV training like you could in previous generations. If you earn 12 EVs in a stat over the course of one level, it isn't guaranteed to result in +3 in the stat. EVs are amortized such that there are no big, instant boosts like that, but instead your Pokemon will reach a set target stat by the time it reaches Level 100.

Hello recently i was made aware of a rather interesting rule called the sleeping clause?

Im a bug trainer right, now why is it deemed " illegal" to use my 100% legit venomoth in an OU match and then put all their pokemon to sleep..

Please someone tell me why! I simply do no understand the reasoning's behind this and need to no..

How does a harmless venomoth, in OU, become a massive threat because all of a sudden it has the capability of using sleep powder on multiple targets.

Like, what possible scenario created this rule?
    What possible outcome caused such an injustice or, unfair play that the sleeping clause needed to be implemented?

It would be greatly appreciated if someone answered some of my questions cause i'm kinda stunned atm and i need to understand..
    Please don't take this as a rant or rave or whatever, these are serious questions and i am generally lost for words and can not comprehend this rule.
    Bug-Type Represent !
    I am the Big Bad moth, if you want some, come get some..

Quote Originally Posted by Celestial Moth View Post
    Hello recently i was made aware of a rather interesting rule called the sleeping clause?

Im a bug trainer right, now why is it deemed " illegal" to use my 100% legit venomoth in an OU match and then put all their pokemon to sleep..

Please someone tell me why! I simply do no understand the reasoning's behind this and need to no..

How does a harmless venomoth, in OU, become a massive threat because all of a sudden it has the capability of using sleep powder on multiple targets.

Like, what possible scenario created this rule?
    What possible outcome caused such an injustice or, unfair play that the sleeping clause needed to be implemented?

It would be greatly appreciated if someone answered some of my questions cause i'm kinda stunned atm and i need to understand..
    Please don't take this as a rant or rave or whatever, these are serious questions and i am generally lost for words and can not comprehend this rule.
    By putting all of your opponent's pokemon to sleep in the older games you rendered them nearly completely useless allowing you to set up without problem. Smeagle was and still is the greatest abuser thanks to its access to baton pass, spore which the only 100% accurate sleep move in the game, and every boosting move in the game. In the newest games the sleep counter resets whenever the sleeping pokemon swaps so if a person puts the enemies entire team to sleep they can use boosting moves and phazing moves to keep the opponent asleep until they baton pass to their sweeper who well ko everything in 1 hit this was and still is considered very cheap and people could also use the new sleep mechanic to phaze out opponents and use stealth rock, spikes and toxic spikes to win. Because of that smogon and other competitive groups decided to restrict the use of sleep moves instead of banning them which if they had banned them that would have made many pokemon nearly completely useless.

If they did not restrict sleep then every team seen on smogon or other groups would be sleep/set up or sleep/phazing teams due to them being over powered.

How sleep clause works with smogon is that you lose the moment you put the 2 pokemon on the enemy team to sleep unless they use a choice item/trick combo, the move encore, or you have the choice item and they trap you pokemon with mean look, spider web, block, shadow tag, or arena trap to force you to put their pokemon asleep. if however they use rest and you haven't put any of their pokemon to sleep and the switch or if its a double battle then you can put 1 of their pokemon asleep
        Spoiler:- Pokemon that I can breed and trade.:

Want
    DW females not listed
    0 speed IVs

Pm or VM me for a Trade.

Character BRANDON FC 3869 2640 3022

What is the percentage of picking up an ally's item in a double battle with pickup?

I think it's 100%
    FC=4771 5260 7577.

Thank you! Now to build a doubles team around 2 pickup ambipoms...

Hello-
    I am completely new to competitive battling. I am considering placing a Jolteon on my team (just evolved from Eevee, lv 1, no training yet). My Jolteon has a careful nature. Is there potential for this pokemon to be a good competitive team member? Does anyone have some tips for me to make this specific pokemon the best that it can be for these kinds of battles? Any advice is much appreciated!

Quote Originally Posted by winghug View Post
    Hello-
    I am completely new to competitive battling. I am considering placing a Jolteon on my team (just evolved from Eevee, lv 1, no training yet). My Jolteon has a careful nature. Is there potential for this pokemon to be a good competitive team member? Does anyone have some tips for me to make this specific pokemon the best that it can be for these kinds of battles? Any advice is much appreciated!
    Careful is a nature that lowers special attack, which is absolutely awful for a pokemon who's only real nice is as a specially offensive pokemon.

Try and breed more eevees until you get one with a modest, mild, timid, or hasty nature.
    Venemo Oscuridad - 6 Battles
    Goldeen keeps stealing the Magical Karp's splashing glory in Smash.

Quote Originally Posted by winghug View Post
    Hello-
    You really need Timid or modest and Timid is perfered Jolteon is mainly used for it electric immunity, it speed, and it s.atk. at top speed I think it ties with Crobat and Mewtwo which means unless the opponent is boosted or using Choice scarf Jolteon well most likely outrun them. Timid is the best nature as it allows Jolteon to reach top speed.

My Jolteon has Hidden power(ice 68-69 power so not bad) Thunderbolt, Wish(egg move may remove it), and Baton pass(only Eevee learns it but may remove for Volt switch or Signal beam.) It also has max hp, speed, and s.atk IVs and its EVs are 6 hp 252 s.atk and 252 speed so it reachs its tops speed its top neutral special attack and has decent hp.

If you going to use a Jolteon try to get it close to that although max hp IVs are not required(just got very lucky thanks to my male vulpix with max IVs in everything but atk and def and def has 30 IVs ) and hidden power is a pain to get unless you lucky.

Jolteon
    Nature: Timid
    Ability: Volt absorb
    Item: Life orb/Leftovers/Expert belt
    Move:
    -Volt switch(Just a good move and works well on Volt turn team)
    -Thunderbolt/thunder(main stab attacks. thunder in rain)
    -Signal beam/substitute/Rain dance(Signal beam for coverage, Substitute for when you force a opponent out to try to 2 hit ko a counter, and Rain dance for a 2nd way to start rain on a rain team)
    -Shadow ball/Substitute/Rain dance/Hidden power(Shadow ball for coverage, Hidden power Ice at 66-70 gives you the best coverage but difficult to get)
        Spoiler:- Pokemon that I can breed and trade.:

Want
    DW females not listed
    0 speed IVs

Pm or VM me for a Trade.

Character BRANDON FC 3869 2640 3022

Quote Originally Posted by redcharzard View Post
    You really need Timid or modest and Timid is perfered Jolteon is mainly used for it electric immunity, it speed, and it s.atk. at top speed I think it ties with Crobat and Mewtwo which means unless the opponent is boosted or using Choice scarf Jolteon well most likely outrun them. Timid is the best nature as it allows Jolteon to reach top speed.

My Jolteon has Hidden power(ice 68-69 power so not bad) Thunderbolt, Wish(egg move may remove it), and Baton pass(only Eevee learns it but may remove for Volt switch or Signal beam.) It also has max hp, speed, and s.atk IVs and its EVs are 6 hp 252 s.atk and 252 speed so it reachs its tops speed its top neutral special attack and has decent hp.

If you going to use a Jolteon try to get it close to that although max hp IVs are not required(just got very lucky thanks to my male vulpix with max IVs in everything but atk and def and def has 30 IVs ) and hidden power is a pain to get unless you lucky.

Jolteon
    Nature: Timid
    Ability: Volt absorb
    Item: Life orb/Leftovers/Expert belt
    Move:
    -Volt switch(Just a good move and works well on Volt turn team)
    -Thunderbolt/thunder(main stab attacks. thunder in rain)
    -Signal beam/substitute/Rain dance(Signal beam for coverage, Substitute for when you force a opponent out to try to 2 hit ko a counter, and Rain dance for a 2nd way to start rain on a rain team)
    -Shadow ball/Substitute/Rain dance/Hidden power(Shadow ball for coverage, Hidden power Ice at 66-70 gives you the best coverage but difficult to get)
    I know Timid or Modest would be better but just a totally random question: Could ye possibly make a decent competitive set with a Careful Nature? Or does it just totally not fit with Jolteon?

Quote Originally Posted by Savanny
    This place is deader than my pets I have buried in the backyard...

Jolteon is too frail to go Careful plus you lose sp attack which is precious for the Eevo.

Quote Originally Posted by Gothic-Gothorita View Post
    I know Timid or Modest would be better but just a totally random question: Could ye possibly make a decent competitive set with a Careful Nature? Or does it just totally not fit with Jolteon?
    It only has 60 base attack though. I mean, it's special attack is still usable and all but running a -atk would be more suitable.

But a Careful hippowdon? Now THAT's a different story.

EDIT: Yeah, it's also quite frail, spekaing of which.

Credits to Sworn Metalhead

ASB Squad

Would Ampharos fit onto my team?

I have a Ferrothorn, Volcarona, Swampert, Gengar, and Garchamp.

Name: Leaflo
    Adopt one yourself! @Pokémon Orphanage

Teams:

Team White in Rotation:

Looking for Vivillionof the world. Legendaries too!
    I don't calculate stat values, I don't use cheating devices, I don't breed my way to perfect ivs, and I don't care about natures. I catch my Pokemon the way they are and treat them like individuals instead of drones. So I herd u leik teh mudkipz
    I have a group of Mudkips and Shinx looking for a good home. Pm me with offers. May just give them away for a Patrat

Quote Originally Posted by a cat View Post
    Would Ampharos fit onto my team?

I have a Ferrothorn, Volcarona, Swampert, Gengar, and Garchamp.
    Well if this is ingame, sure. But if this is for competitive, not really. I mean, it could work, but not well. Earthquake is a common move in OU, and very few electrics can find a way around all these ground type moves. I'd seriously suggest using Jolteon or Thundurus-T. Or if you want a more defensive Pokemon, try Magnezone. Ampharos is just too slow to retaliate with HP ICE/GRASS in time like Jolteon and Thundurus-T.

Not sure if this is the place to ask this, but I'm currently breeding Magnemites and I'm wondering if this one is worth keeping:

Magnemite
    Modest
    Magnet Pull
    10-11/31/31/31/18-19/28-29
    Hidden Power Ice, Power 64

So, should I keep breeding Magnemite, or is this one worth keeping? The IV stat for HP is what bothers me the most, but the Hidden Power and how long this particular pokemon has been taking me to get is making me consider keeping this one . . .
    PM or VM me for more trade info

Now this has baffled me for awhile. Of course you know Latios and Latias, two very threatening OU dragons. I was looking at the BW OU Threat List on Smogon today, and up there was Latias. I was fine with that, Latias is a very powerful dragon with awesome special bulk. I kept scrolling, scrolling, scrolling...What? No Latios? So why is Latias considered a more dangerous dragon than Latios?

Is it because of Latias's calm-mind set? I'd like to know because if anything, I could replace my Latios for a Latias and start winning more battles!

I've been having this question for a long time, awhile ago, I heard from somewhere (not sure where) that Forretress was no longer very useful in the current OU Metagame as it was used to be.

Is this statement true, and if it was, why? It's not like Keldeo outright kill it or something... Or does it?

Credits to Sworn Metalhead

ASB Squad

Quote Originally Posted by Ansem1013 View Post
    Not sure if this is the place to ask this, but I'm currently breeding Magnemites and I'm wondering if this one is worth keeping:

Magnemite
    Modest
    Magnet Pull
    10-11/31/31/31/18-19/28-29
    Hidden Power Ice, Power 64

So, should I keep breeding Magnemite, or is this one worth keeping? The IV stat for HP is what bothers me the most, but the Hidden Power and how long this particular pokemon has been taking me to get is making me consider keeping this one . . .
    It's definitely useable, my question is how much of a perfectionist are you?

Quote Originally Posted by Summonight View Post
    Now this has baffled me for awhile. Of course you know Latios and Latias, two very threatening OU dragons. I was looking at the BW OU Threat List on Smogon today, and up there was Latias. I was fine with that, Latias is a very powerful dragon with awesome special bulk. I kept scrolling, scrolling, scrolling...What? No Latios? So why is Latias considered a more dangerous dragon than Latios?

Is it because of Latias's calm-mind set? I'd like to know because if anything, I could replace my Latios for a Latias and start winning more battles!
    It depends on how you want to use it really, do you want an all out attacker (latios) or something a little bulkier but hits softer (latias). In reality unless your running an all out offense latias will probably be your better bet every time, as it can run everything latios can but with more bulk or a cleric set with wish. She can also phase fairly effectively, so it's just a matter of what your team needs.

Quote Originally Posted by OceanicLanturn View Post
    I've been having this question for a long time, awhile ago, I heard from somewhere (not sure where) that Forretress was no longer very useful in the current OU Metagame as it was used to be.

Is this statement true, and if it was, why? It's not like Keldeo outright kill it or something... Or does it?
    If you want I can do the calcs, but Forre was a lot more useful in the older meta games IMO because they were more stall based. So having more hazards on one mon saved you moves on others. Another reason why Forre isn't as liked now is it is set up bait for a LOT of Pokemon, and honestly it just can't hit hard. Forre also is a lot less durable thanks to th power creep that came with the 5th gen.

^You ever have that moment you realize you forgot to give credit? Sorry Irra!!^

Page 227 of 246 FirstFirst ... 127177217223224225226227228229230231237 ... LastLast