Page 228 of 247 FirstFirst ... 128178218224225226227228229230231232238 ... LastLast
Results 5,676 to 5,700 of 6151

Thread: Ask a Question Thread - READ FIRST POST

Quote Originally Posted by Gothic-Gothorita View Post
    I know Timid or Modest would be better but just a totally random question: Could ye possibly make a decent competitive set with a Careful Nature? Or does it just totally not fit with Jolteon?
    If you can get any male pokemon(or a Ditto) that can breed with Eevee and with a timid or modest nature(Ditto is really useful for this) then give the male pokemon(or Ditto) an everstone breed it with a female Eevee and you have a 50% chance on white or black or a 100% chance on white 2 or black 2 to pass down the nature.
        Spoiler:- Pokemon that I can breed and trade.:

Want
    DW females not listed
    0 speed IVs

Pm or VM me for a Trade.

Character BRANDON FC 3869 2640 3022

Um... Where to start? The whole thing seems so complicated. Tiers, metagame, sets...

Quote Originally Posted by Dracia View Post
    Um... Where to start? The whole thing seems so complicated. Tiers, metagame, sets...
    Here and here. Both are excellent resources for general learning about competitive structure. If you have specific questions, you can use this thread, or 95% of the time find an answer here.

Quote Originally Posted by OceanicLanturn View Post
    I've been having this question for a long time, awhile ago, I heard from somewhere (not sure where) that Forretress was no longer very useful in the current OU Metagame as it was used to be.

Is this statement true, and if it was, why? It's not like Keldeo outright kill it or something... Or does it?
    imo, it depends what you're looking for. Personally, I don't like Forretress much because I prefer a more offensive play style. Sometimes I use it just because I need a spinner and a dragon resist. So I think it more depends how you're using Forretress, and the amount of skill with which you use it.

Quote Originally Posted by The Mysterious Stranger View Post
    imo, it depends what you're looking for. Personally, I don't like Forretress much because I prefer a more offensive play style. Sometimes I use it just because I need a spinner and a dragon resist. So I think it more depends how you're using Forretress, and the amount of skill with which you use it.
    Actually, Forretress isn't all that good on defensive teams either. I believe the only place it really shines now in days is support in volt turn teams. They cause a lot of swaps outs, and swap out a lot themselves, so it's always good for them to maintain the advantage as for as hazards go.

Defensive teams rely a lot on entry hazards, and putting them all onto one pokemon is too risky, especially with hidden power running around. It's more effective to spread the hazards out among your teammates.
    Venemo Oscuridad - 6 Battles
    My Secret Base, Version 2.

Is Unburden active anytime if a pokemon isn't holding an item like in the PMD games or does it only activate when a pokemon uses its item?

Um, so could someone explain me the team roles and team structures?

Quote Originally Posted by Orithan View Post
    Is Unburden active anytime if a pokemon isn't holding an item like in the PMD games or does it only activate when a pokemon uses its item?
    Unburden activates the when your pokemon loses its hold item but if you switch you lose the unburden boost

Quote Originally Posted by Dracia View Post
    Um, so could someone explain me the team roles and team structures?
    depends on a team's build.

Defensive usually have phazers(use roar dragon tail and whirl wind to forces switches) status users(toxic thunder wave and will-o-wisp are used to weaken opponents pokemon) Walls(pokemon that stall out the opponent with protect and substitute along with toxic or leech seed or recover) spin blockers to block rapid spin users and keep entry hazard up,entry hazard setters to set up spikes,toxic spikes and stealth rocks, Clerics that heal team mates from status with heal bell and hp via wish, and occasionally a heavy attacker to clean up whatever is left.

Offensive teams have rapid spinners to remove hazards, set up sweepers to destroy entire teams, taunt users to stop opposing set up sweepers or stallers, choice item users to use choice items to deal massive damage or revenge kill, and if using weather a weather starter to set up their weather and a counter to opposing weather starters such as Dugtrio or Shadow tag Chandelure.

Voltturn teams have nearly every pokemon know volt switch or u-turn.

trick room teams have trick room starters, cleric for healing, and attackers.

Want
    DW females not listed
    0 speed IVs

Pm or VM me for a Trade.

Well, I've been playing Pokemon forever now, but just started really getting into competitive play. So, since I'm a huge noob, I want to use Pokemon I like rather than ones I need. So here's my team so far. Bare with me though, this is off the top of my head. Finishing SoulSilver atm, so don't have B2 in.

Dragonite - Adamant

Zapdos - Timid

Ferrothorn - Relaxed... or Sassy, can't remember

Hydreigon - Modest I think

The Pokemon I've been looking at that I would like to use, but not sure: Umbreon, Blastoise, Suicune, Milotic, Starmie, Mienshao, Espeon, Gengar, and others... just can't think

Constructive criticism is welcome.... or trash talk haha. but I prefer some ideas and help.

Quote Originally Posted by EurekaNirvash View Post
    Well, I've been playing Pokemon forever now, but just started really getting into competitive play. So, since I'm a huge noob, I want to use Pokemon I like rather than ones I need. So here's my team so far. Bare with me though, this is off the top of my head. Finishing SoulSilver atm, so don't have B2 in.

Dragonite - Adamant

Zapdos - Timid

Ferrothorn - Relaxed... or Sassy, can't remember

Hydreigon - Modest I think

The Pokemon I've been looking at that I would like to use, but not sure: Umbreon, Blastoise, Suicune, Milotic, Starmie, Mienshao, Espeon, Gengar, and others... just can't think

Constructive criticism is welcome.... or trash talk haha. but I prefer some ideas and help.
    Actually, I believe this could be posted in the Team Building Help Thread here: http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthr...ng-Help-Thread

Just be sure to read the 1st Post and follow the correct format to post your Pokemon.

For a Single Pokemon Rate post here and read the 1st Post and follow the correct format: www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?468192-Competitive-Single-Rates-READ-FIRST-POST

Once you post in one of those, I'd be more then happy to help you!

But if you have an entire team, then post a CRMT.

(Correct me if I'm wrong anyone who sees this.)

Quote Originally Posted by Savanny
    This place is deader than my pets I have buried in the backyard...

Quick EV training question, I hope this is the right place. If a Pokemon has 94 speed EVs and I give it a Carbos, does it have 104 speed EVs or does it only have 100?

Quote Originally Posted by penguinofhonor View Post
    Quick EV training question, I hope this is the right place. If a Pokemon has 94 speed EVs and I give it a Carbos, does it have 104 speed EVs or does it only have 100?
    The Pokemon would only have 100 speed EVs as Vitamins can only raise an EV stat to 100.

Quote Originally Posted by Savanny
    This place is deader than my pets I have buried in the backyard...

Thanks! I wasn't sure if they capped right at 100 or if you just couldn't use them if the IV was at 100+. I see it's the former. I guess I wasted those 4 IVs, but it's a tiny loss.

Okay, I have another two questions:
    Does the number of trapping turns in moves like Whirlpool and Fire Spin begin counting down from the end of the turn they are used in or do they don't begin counting down until the next turn (4-5 turns including the turn it is used on or 4-5 turns after the the turn it is used on)?
    Does Perish Song begin counting down from three at the end of the turn it is used on, or does it only begin counting down from three at the end of the next turn (so, three turns including the turn it is used on or three turns after the turn it is used on)?

Okay, I have another two questions:
    Does the number of trapping turns in moves like Whirlpool and Fire Spin begin counting down from the end of the turn they are used in or do they don't begin counting down until the next turn (4-5 turns including the turn it is used on or 4-5 turns after the the turn it is used on)?
    Does Perish Song begin counting down from three at the end of the turn it is used on, or does it only begin counting down from three at the end of the next turn (so, three turns including the turn it is used on or three turns after the turn it is used on)?
    Perish song states the number is 3 on the turn you use it when it hits 0 all pokemon that heard it and did not switched and all pokemon that picked it up via baton pass faint. so it takes 4 turns total if you count the turn used.

As for fire spin and whirl pool I think they start on the first turn you use them.

Want
    DW females not listed
    0 speed IVs

Pm or VM me for a Trade.

Quote Originally Posted by redcharzard View Post
    Perish song states the number is 3 on the turn you use it when it hits 0 all pokemon that heard it and did not switched and all pokemon that picked it up via baton pass faint. so it takes 4 turns total if you count the turn used.

As for fire spin and whirl pool I think they start on the first turn you use them.
    That pretty much nullifies the Perish Trapping strategy, unless something like Grip Claw extends the duration of trapping moves for Whirlpool or Fire Spin.

That pretty much nullifies the Perish Trapping strategy, unless something like Grip Claw extends the duration of trapping moves for Whirlpool or Fire Spin.
    The basic strategy for perish trapping is to use mean look with a bulky pokemon and follow up with perish song then swap on the last turn or swap out on a random turn to Wobbuffet or Dugtrio and attempt to stall(Wobbuffet being the better of the 2.) Murkrow is probably the best for this strategy since it gets priority mean look, perish song, and roost via prankster and eviolite for defense(Jynx, Gengar, Absol Misdreavus and Mismagius can also work but lack reliable recovery and are less bulky.)

Another option is Lapras, Azumarill, Dewgong ,or Politoed(Water absorb only for Politoed due to whirlpool not being a hm in 5th gen) with Whirlpool, Perish song and Grip claw to attempt the perish trap.

Perish song is mostly used to force switches on set up sweepers since it has neutral priority and limits the sweepers life span.

Want
    DW females not listed
    0 speed IVs

Pm or VM me for a Trade.

ok, so i took the time to breed and perfect a moxiemence, but i read the potw and gawked when it said that itd be rarely allowed in competitive play, is this true?
    [CENTER]
    3DS Friend Code: 0302-0821-3128
    \

Quote Originally Posted by koolaidman594 View Post
    ok, so i took the time to breed and perfect a moxiemence, but i read the potw and gawked when it said that itd be rarely allowed in competitive play, is this true?
    I don't know what you mean by "rarely allowed in competitive play," but the part where it says Dragon Dance, Outrage and Moxie are not legal on the same set together is outdated now, and Salamence is in OU, so you can use it all you want.

Quote Originally Posted by ChaosBlizzard View Post
    I don't know what you mean by "rarely allowed in competitive play," but the part where it says Dragon Dance, Outrage and Moxie are not legal on the same set together is outdated now, and Salamence is in OU, so you can use it all you want.
    ok, so would i be able to run 2 out those three then?
    [CENTER]
    3DS Friend Code: 0302-0821-3128
    \

Quote Originally Posted by koolaidman594 View Post
    ok, so would i be able to run 2 out those three then?
    Yes. Previously, you could get either Moxie with Outrage or Moxie with Dragon Dance, but not all three; this was always possible. You could get a DWF Bagon and breed it with a male that knew DD to get a Moxie DD Salamence (DD is purely an egg move for Salamence), OR you could get a DWF Bagon that knew Outrage as one of its Dream World moves and just use the one straight from the Dream World. However, it was not possible to get all three on the same set because male Bagon could pass down Outrage but not Moxie, and female Bagon could pass down Moxie but not Outrage. With BW2's move tutors however, it is now possible to get all three by breeding for a Moxie DD Salamence, and then move tutoring on Outrage. If you just want two of the three however, that has always been possible.

Default Question on this annoying team.

I faced someone in Random Matchup and they wooperred me! I think it was hacked.

Here is the team:

Politoed, Water Absorb
    Mantine, Water Absorb
    Lapras, Water Absorb
    Vaporeon, Water Absorb
    Lanturn, Water Absorb
    Jellicent, Water Absorb

All they did was use Rain Dance then Surf! They were also all shiny! Also, Jelli set up Trick Room while holding a Focus Sash, and then they swept. Are they just MM'ing, SR'ing, RE'ing or was this hacked?

Hey guys, do you think a wall breaker breloom could work?
    Breloom @ life orb/focus sash
    Mild nature
    EVs:???
    Drain punch
    Mach punch
    Giga drain
    Counter/???
    Would that work? The idea would be to lure skarmory in and smash it with whatever move is in the last slot. If you run sash and counter, you could lure a flying attack, survive with sash, and KO with counter. But of course, I'm open to suggestions for that last slot. However, I do want EVs and a move to, as I said, take care of skarmory. And of course, the main question, would it work at all?

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan7437 View Post
    I faced someone in Random Matchup and they wooperred me! I think it was hacked.

Here is the team:

Politoed, Water Absorb
    Mantine, Water Absorb
    Lapras, Water Absorb
    Vaporeon, Water Absorb
    Lanturn, Water Absorb
    Jellicent, Water Absorb

All they did was use Rain Dance then Surf! They were also all shiny! Also, Jelli set up Trick Room while holding a Focus Sash, and then they swept. Are they just MM'ing, SR'ing, RE'ing or was this hacked?
    Nothing about what you described is illegal. Water Absorb is a valid ability on all of those Pokemon, and spamming Surf with a bunch of Water Absorbers isn't an unheard of strategy in doubles. Aside from them all being shiny, why do you think they were hacked? It is entirely possible they were RNG'd, but that's not hacking. There are some people who think RNGing is unfair, but it's debatable and it certainly isn't cheating or hacking.

Quote Originally Posted by Superpower22 View Post
    Hey guys, do you think a wall breaker breloom could work?
    Breloom @ life orb/focus sash
    Mild nature
    EVs:???
    Drain punch
    Mach punch
    Giga drain
    Counter/???
    Would that work? The idea would be to lure skarmory in and smash it with whatever move is in the last slot. If you run sash and counter, you could lure a flying attack, survive with sash, and KO with counter. But of course, I'm open to suggestions for that last slot. However, I do want EVs and a move to, as I said, take care of skarmory. And of course, the main question, would it work at all?
    Breloom's special attack is to low so Giga Drain should be replaced with Spore since Spore is one of the main reasons to use Breloom replace Mach Punch or Drain Punch with Bullet Seed if using Technician or with Seed Bomb if using Poison Heal. EVs could be 252 hp and 252 atk to make the most out of Counter but Facade on the Poison Heal set works better(that set requires Toxic Orb) or Stone edge on the the Technician set. Also on the Technician set you can replace Drain Punch with Low Sweep which is Stronger when used with Technician and with 252 speed EVs you should out speed the opponent after the Low Sweep drops their speed.

Want
    DW females not listed
    0 speed IVs

Pm or VM me for a Trade.

Page 228 of 247 FirstFirst ... 128178218224225226227228229230231232238 ... LastLast