Page 230 of 246 FirstFirst ... 130180220226227228229230231232233234240 ... LastLast
Results 5,726 to 5,750 of 6149

Thread: Ask a Question Thread - READ FIRST POST

Quote Originally Posted by redcharzard View Post
    Basically people use programs to calculate what they should do at specific times in their games to get the random number generator to do what they want when they want it. This lets them get perfect shiny pokemon or flawless legendary pokemon with little to no effort. I view people who rng pokemon as system abusers much like quick scopers in mw3 but I find quick scopers to be far more unfair as even with flawless pokemon rng users can still loses while quick scopers wreak havoc on almost every game they go into. Rng users can help others by trading their flawless pokemon or breeding them and spreading them around the online community. As for how to do it check up on Youtube or a thread made for it.
    Quote Originally Posted by koolaidman594 View Post
    ok, thank you very much, and yeah i share your opinion on the quick scopers comparison
    Quickscoping is abusing a broken game mechanic; RNGing is just understanding the limitations of the software and working with them to achieve and ends. Quickscoping is not supposed to be part of any game it's in; RNGing is a fundamental part of the game.

Question: What Ghost-Type Pokemon would be able to be used (effectively/last long enough) in OU?

Quote Originally Posted by Savanny
    This place is deader than my pets I have buried in the backyard...

Quote Originally Posted by Gothic-Gothorita View Post
    Question: What Ghost-Type Pokemon would be able to be used (effectively/last long enough) in OU?
    Well I assume you want longevity with the second part of your post. So they best choice would be jellicent, large amounts of HP plus good defenses and godly typing easily makes him one of the best bulky waters in OU who also happens to be a ghost. It's special defense is naturally high and has willowisp and scald for burns. And then there is recover. Large range of support moves ranging from ice beam to confuse ray to taunt. Very good ghost.

Quote Originally Posted by pokemonsquared View Post
    Well I assume you want longevity with the second part of your post. So they best choice would be jellicent, large amounts of HP plus good defenses and godly typing easily makes him one of the best bulky waters in OU who also happens to be a ghost. It's special defense is naturally high and has willowisp and scald for burns. And then there is recover. Large range of support moves ranging from ice beam to confuse ray to taunt. Very good ghost.
    Gengar is good as well. It's got frail defenses but it's blessed with a good speed and spec atk stat. Enabling it to sub up, and shift out massive damage, therefore increasing it's longevity.It's also got access to disable, making it hard to beat unless you can predict correctly.

Quote Originally Posted by pokemonsquared View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinytaifood View Post
    Gengar is good as well. It's got frail defenses but it's blesed with a good speed and spec atk stat. Enabling it to sub up, and shift out massive damage. It's also got access to disable, making it hard to beat unless you can predict correctly.
    Thanks to both of you! XD

Hmm... would any Cofagrigus or lower tier Ghost-Type Pokemon be effective/last long at all?

Gengar and Jellicent are the big two, but there are three others I'd like to just mention. Sableye can be a very annoying user of Prankster, albeit more in UU than OU. Dusclops is one of the three primary Eviolite walls, with the other two being Porygon2 and Chansey. Finally, Froslass is a good OU Spiker.

To answer the Cofagrigus question though, yes, it is usable in OU. It functions the same way as Jellicent, but Jellicent is generally better at the tasks they try and do than Cofagrigus. It is still definitely usable though, and it's pretty good in UU.

What's the best fire type sun counter besides Heatran in OU?

Uhh..

Gengar and Jellicent are the most commonly seen ones
    I've occasionally seen Sableye and Chandelure before in OU.

Credits to Sworn Metalhead

ASB Squad

Quote Originally Posted by ChaosBlizzard View Post
    Quickscoping is abusing a broken game mechanic; RNGing is just understanding the limitations of the software and working with them to achieve and ends. Quickscoping is not supposed to be part of any game it's in; RNGing is a fundamental part of the game.
    The same can be said for quickscoping(understanding the software limitations) and RNGing(abuse a game mechanic although not a broken one) respectively. As for quickscoping although it is unintended in some games other have a habit of making it easier. When some newer game in a series come out(Example MW2 to MW3) the shift seems to make it easier to quickscope(example quick draw, the acog scope and several sniper rifles operate better for quickscoping.) although this seems to be patched in Black ops 2 that is more of a secondary/parellel series and has its own issue. As for pokemon developers seem either to ignore it or make it harder(I heard that the shift to black and white from dpp made RNGing harder but I might be wrong.) I don't have anything againest RNG users but in my view they are still exploting the system(although it is nowhere near as bad as quickscoping I only see those as 2 forms of system abuse/exploitation.)

for an OU ghost like others have said use Gengar or Jellicent for OU, Dusclops, Cofagrigus, Froglass, and Sableye in UU or OU

Gengar has speed power but low bulk although Disable and substitute/Protect tend to mess with the opponent a lot. Substitue and pain split form another combo that can wreak havoc.

Jellicent has toxic, scald, recover, and Ice beam giving it great support and stalling abilities along with water absorb which you can use if you predict a water attack and switch in.

Sableye use prankster to wreak havoc on anything lacking taunt(and it can stop them with taunt.)

Cofagrigus and Dusclops function the same by having higher defenses and lower hp along with a similiar move pool that focuses on stalling but Dusclops can't use any offense except for Night shade and seismic toss while Cofagrigus can use Calm Mind or Nasty Plot to boost offensive sets.

Froglass has stab Ice, high speed, and spikes which is great on a ghost type that blocks rapid spin and can wipe out some dragon type pokemon such a Dragonite Garchomp and Salamance who are all top OU pokemon.
        Spoiler:- Pokemon that I can breed and trade.:

Want
    DW females not listed
    0 speed IVs

Pm or VM me for a Trade.

Character BRANDON FC 3869 2640 3022

Quote Originally Posted by Superpower22 View Post
    What's the best fire type sun counter besides Heatran in OU?
    Anyone? Anyone at all?

Anyone? Anyone at all?
    You're kind of asking a flawed question, because the primary way to counter any weather is to summon counter-weather. However, since you've limited it to Fire-types, that only leaves Ninetales, whose weather effect is sun in the first place.

If you want OU Fire-types who can work well under sun (besides Heatran, for some reason), I would consider Volcarona, or possibly Arcanine, although he's UU. If you are looking to just counter sun though, limiting yourself to Fire-types is approaching the problem wrong.

Oh, OK. Sorry. Yeah, I meant something that works well under an opponent's sun.

Thanks to those above posters for answering my question! ^-^;

Another Question: Do tiers apply to Rotation Battles? I know that tiers do not apply to Double Battles, I was just curious about this... (By 'apply' I mean as how tiers are an organized system for Single Battling)

Question 2: What OU, and UU Pokemon would be useful/effective under the effects of Trick Room AND Sun? Oh, and this also goes for Pokemon that can set up Trick Room/the Sun as well.

Thanks to those above posters for answering my question! ^-^;

Another Question: Do tiers apply to Rotation Battles? I know that tiers do not apply to Double Battles, I was just curious about this... (By 'apply' I mean as how tiers are an organized system for Single Battling)

Question 2: What OU, and UU Pokemon would be useful/effective under the effects of Trick Room AND Sun? Oh, and this also goes for Pokemon that can set up Trick Room/the Sun as well.

Crossing Sun and Trick Room is generally not recommended, as most Sun abusers are fast. Crossing Sand and Trick Room is a lot of fun, cause you can use obscure lower-tier threats like Aggron to massive effect. That said, Victini is probably your best bet, but Victini isn't really slow enough for an ideal Trick Room team.

Also, I don't think Smogon covers rotation battles, but I might be wrong.
    “The God of the old Testament is arguably the most unpleasant character in all fiction: jealous and proud of it; petty, unjust, unforgiving, control freak; a vindictive, bloodthirsty, ethnic cleanser; a misogynistic, homophobic, racist, infanticidal, genocidal, filicidal, pestilential, megalomaniacal, sadomasochistic, capriciously malevolent bully. Those of us schooled from infancy in his ways can become desensitized to their horror."

~Richard Dawkins

I am a Satanist and proud of it! Copy and paste this into your signature if you are too!

Quote Originally Posted by Divine Retribution View Post
    Crossing Sun and Trick Room is generally not recommended, as most Sun abusers are fast. Crossing Sand and Trick Room is a lot of fun, cause you can use obscure lower-tier threats like Aggron to massive effect. That said, Victini is probably your best bet, but Victini isn't really slow enough for an ideal Trick Room team.

Also, I don't think Smogon covers rotation battles, but I might be wrong.
    Ah, I see... Here's my question then: What OU, and UU Pokemon would be useful/effective under the effects of Trick Room and Sandstorm? Oh, and this also goes for Pokemon that can set up Trick Room/Sandstorm as well.

I actually asked that because I saw this page on Smogon: http://www.smogon.com/smog/issue17/rotation

Ah, I see... Here's my question then: What OU, and UU Pokemon would be useful/effective under the effects of Trick Room and Sandstorm? Oh, and this also goes for Pokemon that can set up Trick Room/Sandstorm as well.

I actually asked that because I saw this page on Smogon: http://www.smogon.com/smog/issue17/rotation
    Rhyperior is the first to come to mind. Almost perfect STAB coverage, massive attack, good defense, and pitiful speed.

Bronzong and Reuniclus are your best bets for setting it up. They're both immune to sandstorm, and are popular trick roomers anyway.
    Venemo Oscuridad - 6 Battles
    Goldeen keeps stealing the Magical Karp's splashing glory in Smash.

Thanks everyone! ^-^;

And finally, probably my last question for a little while: Does Pokemon Online or Pokemon Showdown support Rotation Battles? (Meaning, can you do Rotation Battles on one of them?)

Last that I checked rotation battles were not on pokemon online or showdown (I haven't played on a simulator in weeks though)

^You ever have that moment you realize you forgot to give credit? Sorry Irra!!^

ok, so i need advice on IVs for a cresselia, i have been soft resetting to try to get the best possible spread, and so far the best I've come up with so far is 31/28/16/11/30/26. im not fond of the defense and special attack IVs, but considering how fickle soft resetting is, do you think itd be worth it to pursue those higher IVs and cast this spread aside?
    [CENTER]
    3DS Friend Code: 0302-0821-3128
    \

What role does Cresselia play for the team? Also, what nature? Looking at those IVs with the info given, I say junk it, but I can tell you much more accurately if you answered those 2 questions

well i didnt want it to turn into a singles rates post but bold nature and support, the set i want to use is skill swap/thunder wave/psychic/ice beam for a doubles team
    [CENTER]
    \

ok, so i need advice on IVs for a cresselia, i have been soft resetting to try to get the best possible spread, and so far the best I've come up with so far is 31/28/16/11/30/26. im not fond of the defense and special attack IVs, but considering how fickle soft resetting is, do you think itd be worth it to pursue those higher IVs and cast this spread aside?
    well i didnt want it to turn into a singles rates post but bold nature and support, the set i want to use is skill swap/thunder wave/psychic/ice beam for a doubles team
    What role does Cresselia play for the team? Also, what nature? Looking at those IVs with the info given, I say junk it, but I can tell you much more accurately if you answered those 2 questions
    This is not junk I have seen much worse(try quiet nature non-special event Heatran with 0 s.atk IVs and poor other IVs that is junk.) The Cressilia is more then usable although it is underused.

So this is what you have
    Cresselia
    Nature Bold
    IVs 31/28/16/11/30/26
    moves:
    -Skill swap
    -Thunder wave
    -Psychic
    -Ice beam

Not a bad set apart from the def IVs but I have seen worse. Alternate options include trick room fro tr teams but from the looks of it this Cressilia isn't built for it and your going for a Skill swap on Regigigas/Slaking right? that leaves 2 other options. Psyshock can work but Psychic is better suited for damaging what Cresselia should hit (pokemon with lower s.def but Psyshock gets around them anyway.) Icy wind over Ice beam is the other option but Thunder wave reduce speed better Icy wind hits both enemies for good damage if super effective. The power drop is pretty big though so Ice beam is better offensively.
        Spoiler:- Pokemon that I can breed and trade.:

Want
    DW females not listed
    0 speed IVs

Pm or VM me for a Trade.

Character BRANDON FC 3869 2640 3022

Quote Originally Posted by redcharzard View Post
    This is not junk I have seen much worse(try quiet nature non-special event Heatran with 0 s.atk IVs and poor other IVs that is junk.) The Cressilia is more then usable although it is underused.

So this is what you have
    Cresselia
    Nature Bold
    IVs 31/28/16/11/30/26
    moves:
    -Skill swap
    -Thunder wave
    -Psychic
    -Ice beam

Not a bad set apart from the def IVs but I have seen worse. Alternate options include trick room fro tr teams but from the looks of it this Cressilia isn't built for it and your going for a Skill swap on Regigigas/Slaking right? that leaves 2 other options. Psyshock can work but Psychic is better suited for damaging what Cresselia should hit (pokemon with lower s.def but Psyshock gets around them anyway.) Icy wind over Ice beam is the other option but Thunder wave reduce speed better Icy wind hits both enemies for good damage if super effective. The power drop is pretty big though so Ice beam is better offensively.
    ok, thank you, and i was actually going for heatran skill swap. now, on the topic of skill swap, if i skill swapped with my heatran, and subbed cresselia out, then back in, essentially would both heatran and cresselia have levitate? or does it break if i swap out cresselia?
    [CENTER]
    \

ok, thank you, and i was actually going for heatran skill swap. now, on the topic of skill swap, if i skill swapped with my heatran, and subbed cresselia out, then back in, essentially would both heatran and cresselia have levitate? or does it break if i swap out cresselia?
    I'm pretty sure Heatran would retain the ability levitate.
    Venemo Oscuridad - 6 Battles
    Goldeen keeps stealing the Magical Karp's splashing glory in Smash.

Quote Originally Posted by Zachmac View Post
    I'm pretty sure Heatran would retain the ability levitate.
    ok thanks!
    [CENTER]
    \

Page 230 of 246 FirstFirst ... 130180220226227228229230231232233234240 ... LastLast