Page 234 of 247 FirstFirst ... 134184224230231232233234235236237238244 ... LastLast
Results 5,826 to 5,850 of 6151

Thread: Ask a Question Thread - READ FIRST POST

  1. #5826
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Bangalore, India
    Posts
    489

    Default

    I was thinking of using defensive Haxorus running Adamant nature and 252hp, so if I was using a Haban berry, how many SpD EVs would I need to survive a Draco meteor from-

    252 spAtk- a)Hydreigon b)Latios after stealth rock damage?

    Credit to Ayra for the profile pic.
    ASB squad- http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthr...0#post16972170
    I have claimed Kabutops, destroyer of all! Fear me or perish!

  2. #5827
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    United States of America PA
    Posts
    229

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by T-Bolt View Post
    I was thinking of using defensive Haxorus running Adamant nature and 252hp, so if I was using a Haban berry, how many SpD EVs would I need to survive a Draco meteor from-

    252 spAtk- a)Hydreigon b)Latios after stealth rock damage?
    Generally speaking your looking at the wrong pokemon unless you really want a bulky pokemon that can dragon dance with mold breaker. Dragonite with its Multiscale ability and the berry should easily take draco meteor from both Hydreigon and Latios and without it multiscale intact it would need investment it would still be better suited due to its much higher s.def. Try max s.def on your Haxorus if it doesn't survive with a s.def boosting nature and max hp/s.def then don't bother with it if it does it well still suffer do to its lower uninvested or minimal invested speed.

    Quote Originally Posted by T-Bolt View Post
    Got it. Thanks.

    And I also had another question, does Sawsbuck get STAB on Nature Power?
    No nature power becomes earthquake on the wifi so Sawsbuck doesn't get stab on it.
        Spoiler:- Pokemon that I can breed and trade.:


    Want
    DW females not listed
    0 speed IVs

    Pm or VM me for a Trade.

    Character BRANDON FC 3869 2640 3022

  3. #5828
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    21

    Default

    I read on Smogon that Water-types generally carry Hidden Power Grass (if any HP). Why would that be? Grass hits the exact same things for SE damage as Water does, besides hitting Water for SE. And if you need to do that, wouldn't HP Electric be better, hitting Flying super-effectively as well instead of just repeating what your STAB moves hit?
    - The whole Stallrein thing? He does it better.

  4. #5829
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    The Old West
    Posts
    1,370

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rebel562 View Post
    I read on Smogon that Water-types generally carry Hidden Power Grass (if any HP). Why would that be? Grass hits the exact same things for SE damage as Water does, besides hitting Water for SE. And if you need to do that, wouldn't HP Electric be better, hitting Flying super-effectively as well instead of just repeating what your STAB moves hit?
    Well, water types usually know Ice Beam, so hitting flying types in unnecessary.

    Also, when picking extra moves, it's generally best to choose one that hits the types that resist your own. Grass, Dragon, and Water are the only types that resist water, and Ice hits both Grass and Dragon, leaving just water. Electric or Grass moves are usually preferred to hit water. Grass is generally used over electric because of the popularity of Gastrodon, who usually handles water types in general rather well.

    Some may run HP fire to hit Ferrothorn, though, as that guy is also a popular counter to water types.

  5. #5830
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    0

    Default

    Well, I complete Pokemon: Black 2 a while ago. Trying to build my "perfect team". Haven't done this since Gold/Silver days. However I want to try my hand at EV/IV training and have NO clue on how to do that.

    A few questions:
    1.) If my pokemon is going to be Evolved, do I need to get the right IV/EV before it evolves? Does it's nature change? Does its IV/EV change randomly when it evolves?
    2.) Do I need to kill only certain pokemon to reach level 100 to get the right EV/IV or can I just kill whatever I want?


    This is the team I want to build:
    Vulpix/Ninetales -FIRE (Female) -Firana
    Eevee/Glaceon -ICE (Female) - Kiori
    Lilligant -GRASS (Female) - Lilly
    Chandelure -GHOST/FIRE (Male) - Mephisto/Faustus
    Musharna -PSYCHIC (Female) - Nera
    Meloetta -NORMAL/PSYCHIC/FIGHTING (Female) - Venia

  6. #5831
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Connecticut
    Posts
    47

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptPonyholder View Post
    Well, I complete Pokemon: Black 2 a while ago. Trying to build my "perfect team". Haven't done this since Gold/Silver days. However I want to try my hand at EV/IV training and have NO clue on how to do that.

    A few questions:
    1.) If my pokemon is going to be Evolved, do I need to get the right IV/EV before it evolves? Does it's nature change? Does its IV/EV change randomly when it evolves?
    2.) Do I need to kill only certain pokemon to reach level 100 to get the right EV/IV or can I just kill whatever I want?


    This is the team I want to build:
    Vulpix/Ninetales -FIRE (Female) -Firana
    Eevee/Glaceon -ICE (Female) - Kiori
    Lilligant -GRASS (Female) - Lilly
    Chandelure -GHOST/FIRE (Male) - Mephisto/Faustus
    Musharna -PSYCHIC (Female) - Nera
    Meloetta -NORMAL/PSYCHIC/FIGHTING (Female) - Venia
    IVs are set when you first get the pokemon, nature is also set, and EVs will not change in evolution, as for EVs if you go here http://www.serebii.net/games/evs.shtml itll teach you about EV training
    [CENTER]
    3DS Friend Code: 0302-0821-3128
    \

  7. #5832
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    the earth
    Posts
    20

    Default

    although this isn't directly about competitive battles, do you use all 6 pokemon in an infared multi battle? (causing a total of 12 pokemon per team)
    black 2 fc: 2753-1852-9535
    dwfs i own:

  8. #5833
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    New England
    Posts
    411

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by samrules4 View Post
    although this isn't directly about competitive battles, do you use all 6 pokemon in an infared multi battle? (causing a total of 12 pokemon per team)
    Each player uses 3 pokemon from their team if I remember correctly, making each "team" 6 pokemon total


    ^You ever have that moment you realize you forgot to give credit? Sorry Irra!!^

  9. #5834
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    the earth
    Posts
    20

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonicwari View Post
    Each player uses 3 pokemon from their team if I remember correctly, making each "team" 6 pokemon total
    so does that mean you have to select your pokemon similar to how you do it in online random matchups? or does it mean the first 3 pokemon in your party?
    black 2 fc: 2753-1852-9535
    dwfs i own:

  10. #5835
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    United States of America PA
    Posts
    229

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by samrules4 View Post
    so does that mean you have to select your pokemon similar to how you do it in online random matchups? or does it mean the first 3 pokemon in your party?
    It should be like in the battle subway so you pick your 3 before the battle begins. otherwise you might have all 6 on all 4 people.
        Spoiler:- Pokemon that I can breed and trade.:


    Want
    DW females not listed
    0 speed IVs

    Pm or VM me for a Trade.

    Character BRANDON FC 3869 2640 3022

  11. #5836
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Houghton, MI
    Posts
    35

    Default

    infrared connection battles don't have team preview (i'm pretty sure) so they first 3 in your party would just be thrown out with no time to move them around before the battle started
    Pkmn W: 3181 5617 3649
    Pkmn W2: 1464 4040 1673
    [IMG]http://i45.*******.com/rbijc4.jpg[/IMG]

  12. #5837
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Port Kembla NSW Australia
    Posts
    2

    Default

    I have to agree with CaptPonyholder when it comes to comp battles and the whole ev and iv training at times gets confusing no i will admit i use a cheat device like the AR just to check a pokemons progress but i will never alter anything else i fight properly and train properly like i know wwhich pokemon boost certin stats then when the wi fi comps start i always seem to get beat nearly every time i have won a hand full of matches but its the damage that always throws me of cos i attack and it only scratches the oppenent then they come along and drill me with a normal attack they also seem to go first nearly every time so if anyone can help me out would be great. I do also use alot of pokemon from the Coloseeum and XD Gale of Darkness Games on Black and White 2 with some of their egg moves do help out a bit.

    Black 2 FC 2581 0988 8299.

  13. #5838
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    9

    Default

    ^I would say that either you're using the wrong side of the spectrum (phisical moves on special attackers, etc.) or you aren't paying attention to natures. Beyond that, I don't know what could be going on. Maybe you just get really unlucky and usually get minimum damage?

  14. #5839
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    0

    Default

    I am trying to breed an eevee with the correct Nature/Gender that I want for my Glaceon. However, I have no idea what IV set I need. One of my Eevee's has 6 in every stat. Another has 5's and one six in SpD.

    Can anyone clear up where to find the correct IV's/EV's for a pokemon?

  15. #5840
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Connecticut
    Posts
    47

    Default

    go here: http://www.pokecheck.org/ and follow the steps to upload your pokemon, you can even do it with hatchlings for accuracy
    [CENTER]
    3DS Friend Code: 0302-0821-3128
    \

  16. #5841
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Bangalore, India
    Posts
    489

    Default

    Does Quick Guard block non-attacking moves from prankster users? I was just thinking of using it on my Archeops on my doubles team as a counter to Fake Out.

    Credit to Ayra for the profile pic.
    ASB squad- http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthr...0#post16972170
    I have claimed Kabutops, destroyer of all! Fear me or perish!

  17. #5842
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Western Pa
    Posts
    62

    Default

    Okay, so I'm considering participating in the upcoming WiFi tournament, and I want to know would it be unwise/foolish to run a straight Psychic team? Even more so with just Psychic Pokemon that I'm actually able to breed?

  18. #5843
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    The Old West
    Posts
    1,370

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GoshinX03 View Post
    Okay, so I'm considering participating in the upcoming WiFi tournament, and I want to know would it be unwise/foolish to run a straight Psychic team? Even more so with just Psychic Pokemon that I'm actually able to breed?
    Monoteams struggle both defensively and offensively, as their types make it difficult to cover their teammate's weakness. Also, only using psychic type will restrict your competitive options, so it'll be more difficult to find a pokemon that fits perfectly onto your team.

    So, if you're playing to win, don't. But if you aren't, then you can do whatever you want. No point stressing over a win that you don't really want that much, right?

  19. #5844
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Western Pa
    Posts
    62

    Default

    ^^^Thanks, I really like how you put that. It does help keep things in perspective.

  20. #5845
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    0

    Default

    I looked at PokeCheck, but they show a bunch of low levels (1+) with IV's of 30's, etc. How did they get IV's that high? I can not get a single IV above 6 for a freshly hatched eevee?

  21. #5846
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Connecticut
    Posts
    47

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptPonyholder View Post
    I looked at PokeCheck, but they show a bunch of low levels (1+) with IV's of 30's, etc. How did they get IV's that high? I can not get a single IV above 6 for a freshly hatched eevee?
    they have an account and upload it to pokecheck, in order for almost any iv calculator to be close to accurate the poke has to be leveled like at least 35 i want to say
    [CENTER]
    3DS Friend Code: 0302-0821-3128
    \

  22. #5847
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Los Santos, San Andreas
    Posts
    737

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptPonyholder View Post
    I looked at PokeCheck, but they show a bunch of low levels (1+) with IV's of 30's, etc. How did they get IV's that high? I can not get a single IV above 6 for a freshly hatched eevee?
    They got it by breeding for IVs. Read the serebii.net guide to get a better understanding, google whatever else you don't understand. Just a fair warning, IVs get really complicated.

  23. #5848
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    0

    Default

    ... I am so confused. I want to get my Eevee the right IV's for my Glaceon, but I dont' want to attack or level up my Eevee and gain it unecessary EV's.

    Or is there some sort of calculator for IV's that I don't know of that completely changes the IV set that I don't see as a level 1? I just look over to my stats and notice they are all 6's, that is what I am basing it off of for my eevee's.

    Also if my Glaceon requires IV's of 30 SpA/SpD, does that mean I just need to get those two IV's and be fine with everything else? I looked on Smogon, but I can't see what the IV's I need are.

    EDIT: Also, how do I know my eevee will evolve with the right ability? I don't think an Eevee can have an Snow Cloak and assume it will change to one of the two abilities for Glaceon?

  24. #5849
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Connecticut
    Posts
    47

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptPonyholder View Post
    ... I am so confused. I want to get my Eevee the right IV's for my Glaceon, but I dont' want to attack or level up my Eevee and gain it unecessary EV's.

    Or is there some sort of calculator for IV's that I don't know of that completely changes the IV set that I don't see as a level 1? I just look over to my stats and notice they are all 6's, that is what I am basing it off of for my eevee's.

    Also if my Glaceon requires IV's of 30 SpA/SpD, does that mean I just need to get those two IV's and be fine with everything else? I looked on Smogon, but I can't see what the IV's I need are.

    EDIT: Also, how do I know my eevee will evolve with the right ability? I don't think an Eevee can have an Snow Cloak and assume it will change to one of the two abilities for Glaceon?
    the stats you see in game are not ivs, if you follow the steps and upload eevee to pokecheck, you will see 3 columns when you look at your poke, evs ivs and stats. what i think you are referring to are stats and also a dw ability eevee will evolve into a dw ability glaceon(ice body) and a non dw eevee will evolve into a non dw glaceon(snow cloak)
    [CENTER]
    3DS Friend Code: 0302-0821-3128
    \

  25. #5850
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    0

    Default

    Okay, that makes sense then.

    My only question now is: How do I get my Eevee's to breed the correct IVs? For example: Eevee 1 is Female with IV's specializing in Health, but weak in SpD and SpA. However Male Eevee 5 is strong in SpA at 30 (what I need), but weak in SpD. Would the offspring keep the SpD and HP or would it still be completely random?

    Also: How the hell have I gone through 15 eevee's all being male? It should be 50/50 for Male/Female right? Am I THAT unlucky? Is there any easy way to assure that I get a Female? Is there a secret to getting a quiet nature as well?

Page 234 of 247 FirstFirst ... 134184224230231232233234235236237238244 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •