Page 241 of 247 FirstFirst ... 141191231237238239240241242243244245 ... LastLast
Results 6,001 to 6,025 of 6151

Thread: Ask a Question Thread - READ FIRST POST

Is there a thread for double battles help?
    Black FC code 5415 8478 1951

Okay. So, I'm participating in the International June 2013 tournament and I found a predicament with a certain Kingdra I was battling. My Latios has a nature (I don't remember at the moment what it is) that benefits speed. It also has 252 Speed EVs and is holding a Choice Scarf which increases speed by 50%. This Kingdra (base speed 85) moved faster than my Latios (base speed 110). There were no weather conditions that could make it faster and it wasn't holding a Choice Scarf or any other item that allows it to move first.

My point being: Is it possible for a Kingdra to be faster than a Latios with all of the given conditions above?

You can PM or VM me if you have an answer.

| 3DS FC: 0447-5218-1131 |
        Spoiler:- Credits:

Hey I'm building a team of Pokemon in my Black 2, and currently I'm working on a DW Raichu and DW Politoed. My plan is to use Politoed and Raichu first up in a double battle. This means Raichu will draw all Electric-type attacks with its ability, which guarantees Politoed only one weakness in addition to giving Thunder 100% accuracy. My questions are: a) Is this a good strategy to use? and b) Is there any way to eliminate Politoed's second weakness i.e Grass? (perhaps an item)

3DS FC: 3480 3588 2591

Visit my Trade Shop!

ALL HAIL TOXIC ORB GLISCOR!

Ok this migth be an odd question and I hope this is the right thread for it! I did check the rules and think im right here, sorry if i'm wrong.

Anyway I got a (wierd) question. On my ds, I don't have a full team yet. But now X and Y is coming up, I donm't wana make a full team yet, but stand alone pokemons that are reliable enough to also work in X and Y. I rng'd (am I allowed to mention this? just for my own situation) a bunch of pokemons that could be good. Wich pokemon shall I train first? The pokemons are: Zorark, hydreigon, starmie, victini, skarmory, scizor, keldeo, lation or kyurem? could the answer be PMed? I check that way more often then actual threads.

Do we have a Pokemon pure of each type, besides flying, that can be used competitively and is not legendary?

Quote Originally Posted by Chaos Werewolf View Post
    Do we have a Pokemon pure of each type, besides flying, that can be used competitively and is not legendary?
    -Pinser
    -Umbreon
    -Haxorus
    -Conkeldurr
    -Manetric
    -Arcainine
    -Dusclops
    -Sceptile
    -Dugtrio
    -Cryogonal
    -Blissey
    -Muk
    -Alakazam
    -Rampardos
    -Klinklang
    -Azumarill

Excellent, so Blissey is carrying her hole type right now?

Quote Originally Posted by Chaos Werewolf View Post
    Excellent, so Blissey is carrying her hole type right now?
    Well no. There is Stoutland Ambipom Porygon 2/Z and probably some other pure normal types I am forgetting that are fun to use

Quote Originally Posted by Xer-arrowtotheknee-us View Post
    Hey I'm building a team of Pokemon in my Black 2, and currently I'm working on a DW Raichu and DW Politoed. My plan is to use Politoed and Raichu first up in a double battle. This means Raichu will draw all Electric-type attacks with its ability, which guarantees Politoed only one weakness in addition to giving Thunder 100% accuracy. My questions are: a) Is this a good strategy to use? and b) Is there any way to eliminate Politoed's second weakness i.e Grass? (perhaps an item)
    1. Raichu is not the best option as there are 2 possibly better lightning rod option then raichu. Mainectric is popular do to its decent move pool and better s.atk and speed not to mention it gets overheat and flamethrower which can help with rain counters like scizor and ferrothorn. After that Rhyperior is decent with its massive atk and def but its very Even with either of those 2 the strategy still lacks power. I would go for a more offensive option(Tornadus-I has decent offense 100% accurate hurricane in rain and can provide support in the form of tailwind and taunt.)

2. The best I can recommend is to use reflect or light screen from another pokemon as there are both physical and special grass type pokemon that can deal a good chunk of damage to politoad. to be honest going more offense for doubles is the better idea as its a much faster metagame then singles(I switch my pokemon out constantly in doubles for that reason as people don't expect you to switch do to how fast the battles end but i built my team as a bulky offensive one that use tornadus to boost my speed so I can take a few extra hits.)
        Spoiler:- Pokemon that I can breed and trade.:

Want
    DW females not listed
    0 speed IVs

Pm or VM me for a Trade.

Character BRANDON FC 3869 2640 3022

Quote Originally Posted by tokyo/seven View Post
    -Pinser <---- Not what I'd call competitively viable, but it's not like there's any better options.
    -Umbreon <---- Best option available I guess.
    -Haxorus <---- Ok.
    -Conkeldurr <---- Ok.
    -Manetric <---- Jolteon.
    -Arcainine <---- Ninetales.
    -Dusclops <---- Cofagrigus.
    -Sceptile <---- Ok.
    -Dugtrio <---- Mhm, as well as Donphan
    -Cryogonal <---- Mmmm... Again, not what I'd call viable, but there aren't any better options.
    -Blissey <---- Ok.
    -Muk <---- Not even close to viable.
    -Alakazam <---- Ok, along with Reuniclus, Azelf, etc.
    -Rampardos <---- Not even close to viable, even in its tier.
    -Klinklang <---- Not even close to viable.
    -Azumarill <-----Hahaha no. Politoed, Suicune, and Vaporeon don't get mentions, but THAT unusable pos does?
    Nitpick, nitpick, nitpick.
    “The God of the old Testament is arguably the most unpleasant character in all fiction: jealous and proud of it; petty, unjust, unforgiving, control freak; a vindictive, bloodthirsty, ethnic cleanser; a misogynistic, homophobic, racist, infanticidal, genocidal, filicidal, pestilential, megalomaniacal, sadomasochistic, capriciously malevolent bully. Those of us schooled from infancy in his ways can become desensitized to their horror."

~Richard Dawkins

I am a Satanist and proud of it! Copy and paste this into your signature if you are too!

Quote Originally Posted by Divine Retribution View Post
    Nitpick, nitpick, nitpick.
    He didnt ask for the best Pokemon. And all of those are at least some what useable in their own tiers. I can understand why you would say some of them are not great but they are still definately useable in their own tiers if you want them to be...I dont undersstand how you can say Azumarill is not useable though...

Nitpick nitpick nitpick

Quote Originally Posted by tokyo/seven View Post
    He didnt ask for the best Pokemon. And all of those are at least some what useable in their own tiers. I can understand why you would say some of them are not great but they are still definately useable in their own tiers if you want them to be...I dont undersstand how you can say Azumarill is not useable though...

Nitpick nitpick nitpick
    Mmm, yeah, I suppose. I was judging most of them based on OU's standards to be honest. However, I haven't seen Rampardos used to any success anywhere, even in NU. I hear it's good in tier shift, but that's not an official tier.
    “The God of the old Testament is arguably the most unpleasant character in all fiction: jealous and proud of it; petty, unjust, unforgiving, control freak; a vindictive, bloodthirsty, ethnic cleanser; a misogynistic, homophobic, racist, infanticidal, genocidal, filicidal, pestilential, megalomaniacal, sadomasochistic, capriciously malevolent bully. Those of us schooled from infancy in his ways can become desensitized to their horror."

~Richard Dawkins

I am a Satanist and proud of it! Copy and paste this into your signature if you are too!

Mmm, yeah, I suppose. I was judging most of them based on OU's standards to be honest. However, I haven't seen Rampardos used to any success anywhere, even in NU. I hear it's good in tier shift, but that's not an official tier.
    Well when you base it off of OU only that is not a very fair comparison is it. I mean naturally a lot of these will not be very helpful in OU but to ignore how they perform in there own tier is kind of very discretiting...I guess you are right about Rampardos though. The only time I have seen it play well was on a BP team and that with a limited sucess I guess

So has anyone noticed that Smogon is down?
    I can't seem to get to it
    FC (White): 1248-9416-2795
    3DS FC: 1633-4254-1939
    Friend Safari: (Rock) Dwebble, Macargo, Barbaracle
    PM me if you want a battle or trade

Quote Originally Posted by Endless View Post
    What? You don't feel the testosterone rush through your veins when you look at Machamp's large, manly pecs?

Quote Originally Posted by EonDragonFTW View Post
    So has anyone noticed that Smogon is down?
    I can't seem to get to it
    Smogon's been down for almost a week now. If you really need it, you can use Google Chrome to access cached copies of Smogon's pages. Just use Chrome to Google whatever it is on Smogon that you're looking for, and when the page doesn't come up, it will give you access to a cached copy of the page from June 25.

3DS FC: 5129-1087-8128 Friend Safari: Phanpy, Dugtrio, Diggersby
    IGN: Varanus ~I have officially claimed Chompy!~

Quote Originally Posted by DarkLucarioADV View Post
    Varanus already said not to and she's smarter than me so I should Listen to her.
    -------

Quote Originally Posted by varanus_komodoensis View Post
    Smogon's been down for almost a week now. If you really need it, you can use Google Chrome to access cached copies of Smogon's pages. Just use Chrome to Google whatever it is on Smogon that you're looking for, and when the page doesn't come up, it will give you access to a cached copy of the page from June 25.
    oh ok. Does anyone know why it's down?
    FC (White): 1248-9416-2795
    3DS FC: 1633-4254-1939
    Friend Safari: (Rock) Dwebble, Macargo, Barbaracle
    PM me if you want a battle or trade

Quote Originally Posted by Endless View Post
    What? You don't feel the testosterone rush through your veins when you look at Machamp's large, manly pecs?

They're improving their security.

Trainer Level 3 Squad | Alpha Sapphire Team - - Route 111 South | WF Quest Log

Quote Originally Posted by Contrail View Post
    They're improving their security.
    This, and the site got hacked last week by the same person that hacked serebii in the same day.

Has Jirachi ever been considered for a 5th generation suspect test? It seems like such a luck-based Pokemon that it might have been suspect tested before, and I missed out on the entire first half of this generation.

~Richard Dawkins

Has Jirachi ever been considered for a 5th generation suspect test? It seems like such a luck-based Pokemon that it might have been suspect tested before, and I missed out on the entire first half of this generation.
    Nope. It was probably only considered to be broken by a few but it was never seriously considered a suspect like thundurus i and excadrill, both of whom were obviously banned. They also tested garchomp and darkrai early on and of course they were deemed broken and stayed in ubers.

also, smogon is back up.

Quote Originally Posted by dewhinifier View Post
    Nope. It was probably only considered to be broken by a few but it was never seriously considered a suspect like thundurus i and excadrill, both of whom were obviously banned. They also tested garchomp and darkrai early on and of course they were deemed broken and stayed in ubers.

also, smogon is back up.
    Garchomp went back to OU actually. And yeah, Jirachi is one of those things that technically has enough checks to stay in OU, but if you don't have one of its checks it's just impossible to take down. One of the most obnoxious Pokemon this last generation by far.

Hey guys, first time posting, just a quick question. A few times now I have come across a tyranitar that outspeeds my timid, speed ev'd latios when on wifi battles. If a choice scarf multiplies your speed by 1.5, that still wouldn't be enough would it? Is there something I'm not seeing here?

Quote Originally Posted by stu86 View Post
    Hey guys, first time posting, just a quick question. A few times now I have come across a tyranitar that outspeeds my timid, speed ev'd latios when on wifi battles. If a choice scarf multiplies your speed by 1.5, that still wouldn't be enough would it? Is there something I'm not seeing here?
    Max Speed for an unboosted Latios is 350.
    Max Speed for an unboosted Tyranitar is 243.

A choice scarf puts Tyranitar's speed at 364.5, which is in fact enough to outspeed your Latios.
    Competitive/IGRMT Mod and one of the writers for the PotW.

I make no claim of being perfect or always right. Take everything I say with a grain of salt.

Ahhh thanks alot. I see what I was doing wrong. I forgot that my ttar has no speed IV's. So after factoring in ev's and nature I was still coming up quite short.

Does anyone know where I can find the applet that helps you optimise defense/spdefense/HP EVs? The link on this page appears to be broken

nvm, I did some searching and it doesn't seem to be available anymore, so I just programmed one myself
    3DS FC: 3652-1911-7158

Friend Safari: Psychic

Drowzee/Espurr/Xatu

Page 241 of 247 FirstFirst ... 141191231237238239240241242243244245 ... LastLast