Page 242 of 246 FirstFirst ... 142192232238239240241242243244245246 LastLast
Results 6,026 to 6,050 of 6149

Thread: Ask a Question Thread - READ FIRST POST

how often are hp sapping moves used in competitive battling?
    My 3ds fc is 5214-9760-7012

IGN: R0dium

In My Safari: Noibat, Fraxure, Druddigon

Pm me with yours so we can be friends ^^

^Drawn By Astrint^

Quote Originally Posted by Astrint View Post
    how often are hp sapping moves in competitive battling?
    Do you mean moves like Leech Life or Drain Punch? Moves like those two are pretty common.

3DS FC: 5129-1087-8128 Friend Safari: Phanpy, Dugtrio, Diggersby
    IGN: Varanus ~I have officially claimed Chompy!~

Quote Originally Posted by DarkLucarioADV View Post
    Varanus already said not to and she's smarter than me so I should Listen to her.
    -------

Quote Originally Posted by varanus_komodoensis View Post
    Do you mean moves like Leech Life or Drain Punch? Moves like those two are pretty common.
    Well i meant any moves that sap hp. Leech seed and all of those related. I'm thinking of the option of a liquid ooze Tentacruel. I'm trying to avoid a trade for rain dish tentacruel.

^Drawn By Astrint^

I haven't been back here in a while, but just wondering where I should post a thread to rate a Battle Subway team for Pokemon White?

Never mind, I found it.

Quote Originally Posted by Astrint View Post
    Well i meant any moves that sap hp. Leech seed and all of those related. I'm thinking of the option of a liquid ooze Tentacruel. I'm trying to avoid a trade for rain dish tentacruel.
    Drain Punch is the most common HP sapping move you'll see competitively, at least on its own. Leech Seed will almost always be accompanied by Substitute. However, those are the only two big ones. A Tentacruel would already force a switch against anything using Drain Punch, and would be in the opposite position against anything using SubSeed. There's no reason to run Liquid Ooze on Tentacruel over Rain Dish.

How come the option of Giga Drain on Volcarona never seems popular? it's great on rock and water types, and is good for healing, especially after quiver dance. Is there a flaw i'm unaware of?
    Name: Gingey
    Y friend code 1263 6664 4234

;639;
    ;593;;545;;596;;637;

Quote Originally Posted by ChaosBlizzard View Post
    Drain Punch is the most common HP sapping move you'll see competitively, at least on its own. Leech Seed will almost always be accompanied by Substitute. However, those are the only two big ones. A Tentacruel would already force a switch against anything using Drain Punch, and would be in the opposite position against anything using SubSeed. There's no reason to run Liquid Ooze on Tentacruel over Rain Dish.
    Ah. I guess I have no choice but to go for the dish. Thank you ^^

^Drawn By Astrint^

Quote Originally Posted by NeptuneCloyster View Post
    How come the option of Giga Drain on Volcarona never seems popular? it's great on rock and water types, and is good for healing, especially after quiver dance. Is there a flaw i'm unaware of?
    Actually, it's very popular. Giga Drain was used on about half of all Volcarona according to last month's moveset statistics. It's one of Volcarona's best and most reliable ways of getting past Pokemon like Terrakion, Keldeo, and Jellicent.

Where can I go to find tier listings that isn't smogon? I'm not sure their "Blaziken in Ubers" thing is all that good.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vernikova View Post
    My microwave is shooting electricity from the back and it's scaring me.

Quote Originally Posted by hellothisismuffin View Post
    Where can I go to find tier listings that isn't smogon? I'm not sure their "Blaziken in Ubers" thing is all that good.
    I'm pretty sure Pokemon Online has there own tier lists found on there website/main server. Even though i think mostly everyone is in agreeance with blazkien in ubers
    70 TP 27 KO (TL2)

Quote Originally Posted by ger9119 View Post
    I'm pretty sure Pokemon Online has there own tier lists found on there website/main server. Even though i think mostly everyone is in agreeance with blazkien in ubers
    Also, keep in mind that if you say "standard rules" to anyone and don't mean Smogon's tiers, people are going to misunderstand you. I'm not trying to say you shouldn't use anything but what Smogon uses, but regardless of what people think of them it is the standard. And remember that Smogon isn't the only tiering system with seemingly arbitrary, Blaziken-esque decisions. PO's tiers have some weird nuances to them as well; I remember one that really struct me once was that they put Roserade in OU when it was in UU on Smogon.

Quote Originally Posted by ChaosBlizzard View Post
    Also, keep in mind that if you say "standard rules" to anyone and don't mean Smogon's tiers, people are going to misunderstand you. I'm not trying to say you shouldn't use anything but what Smogon uses, but regardless of what people think of them it is the standard. And remember that Smogon isn't the only tiering system with seemingly arbitrary, Blaziken-esque decisions. PO's tiers have some weird nuances to them as well; I remember one that really struct me once was that they put Roserade in OU when it was in UU on Smogon.
    Gastrodon is NU on PO, as well as Manectric, Scyther, and Houndoom. Not to mention the massive amount of broken and non-broken pokes sitting in PO's BL including Latias, Kyu-B, Reuni, Haxorus, Smeargle, and Froslass. Yeah...PO makes some weird decisions :/. But yeah, Blaziken will be Ubers on pretty much every simulator there is. It's just broken with speed boost + swords dance and 2 high powered STAB's. Sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by Contrail View Post
    Gastrodon is NU on PO
    *Hank Hill* "That's asinine..."

Quote Originally Posted by Contrail View Post
    But yeah, Blaziken will be Ubers on pretty much every simulator there is. It's just broken with speed boost + swords dance and 2 high powered STAB's. Sorry.
    Totally agree.

Where can one see the statistics mentioned by jesusfreak94 above?
    Also, why have choice sets reduced in popularity since gen IV?
    Name: Gingey
    Y friend code 1263 6664 4234

;639;
    ;593;;545;;596;;637;

http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads...-2013.3485472/

There you go! That section of the forum is where they post the usage stats for each month. If you scroll down to the small section titled "Moveset Statistics," you'll find links for each tier. There you can look up each Pokemon (ordered by usage) and see what the most popular moves, items, etc. were for that Pokemon in the past month (I recommend using Ctrl + F to search more quickly).

I need help with team building. I'm fairly new to Competitive, and I can do pretty well on Showdown with a SmashPass team my friend designed. But when it comes to designing my own team, I'm useless. I've read team building guides and watched team building videos, but none seem to help me. Whenever I try to build my own team, I rarely win with it if I do. Part of that might be my stupidity (using Toxic on a Magic Guard Alakazam), but part of it might be bc my team lacks "synergy," whatever that means. So do you have any general team building advice? Or a link to a good team building guide? This novice would greatly appreciate it
    Want to watch some funny videos?
    Check out MandJTV, a channel where Raccoon Man, a hero nobler than any other, serves justice and does a few other ridiculous (and funny) things.
    [IMG]http://i48.*******.com/1o7ho6.jpg[/IMG]

Try using some cores. Cores are a pair or trio or Pokemon that have an offensive or defensive synergy together. Usually, if you snoop around Smogon, you're bound to find cores that are pretty strong in the current metagame. Usually when someone introduces the core, they will also state some potential teammates for that said core, allowing you to (basically) build a complete team from there. It's a very good learning experience for beginners like you and helps you understand the state of the metagame better.
    Join the Tutor Program. Started by JRCxyz & Salavoir

[In Clan Memoriam]
    RIP Battling Academy, even though I just joined.
    Memories are eternal.

RIP Toothpaste Clan. You kept my teeth clean.
    Dental hygiene is eternal.

RIP Survival Island. Global warming drowned us all.
    Survival isn't eternal

Quote Originally Posted by SceptileFan View Post
    I need help with team building. I'm fairly new to Competitive, and I can do pretty well on Showdown with a SmashPass team my friend designed. But when it comes to designing my own team, I'm useless. I've read team building guides and watched team building videos, but none seem to help me. Whenever I try to build my own team, I rarely win with it if I do. Part of that might be my stupidity (using Toxic on a Magic Guard Alakazam), but part of it might be bc my team lacks "synergy," whatever that means. So do you have any general team building advice? Or a link to a good team building guide? This novice would greatly appreciate it
    Also try the Team Building Help Thread. It will come in handy

Varanus already said not to and she's smarter than me so I should Listen to her.
    -------

Default First time EV training...

I’m here to ask if I have EV trained my Raichu properly since it’s my first time EV training
    My Raichu is now Lvl. 100 and has a modest nature Sp.Atk/ Atk
    Here are its stats:
    HP: 239
    Attack: 183
    Defense: 144
    Sp.Atk: 276
    Sp. Def: 195
    Speed: 287

Its EV spread is:
    252 Sp.Atk/252 Speed/ 4 HP

Any recommendations for move set?
    -ThunderShock
    -Nasty Plot
    -Electro Ball
    -Thunderbolt

Advice for the next time I EV train???
    Thanks in advance ~ ilyas1503

Black 2 FC: 1636 5941 1916

Is there a little cup thread?

Quote Originally Posted by ilyas1503 View Post
    I’m here to ask if I have EV trained my Raichu properly since it’s my first time EV training
    My Raichu is now Lvl. 100 and has a modest nature Sp.Atk/ Atk
    Here are its stats:
    HP: 239
    Attack: 183
    Defense: 144
    Sp.Atk: 276
    Sp. Def: 195
    Speed: 287

Its EV spread is:
    252 Sp.Atk/252 Speed/ 4 HP

Any recommendations for move set?
    -ThunderShock
    -Nasty Plot
    -Electro Ball
    -Thunderbolt

Advice for the next time I EV train???
    Thanks in advance ~ ilyas1503
    You did EV train your Raichu correctly Good job! In case you're curious, here's its IV spread:

HP 8
    Att 19
    Def 29
    SpA 3
    SpD 30
    Speed 19

As for the moves, they need a lot of work. Your Raichu has THREE electric attacks! Why??? And why does it still know Thundershock??? We need to fix that. You should also get rid of Electro Ball. Raichu is out-speeded by too many things for it to be really useful, and Thunderbolt is more reliable.

Your Raichu should have a Hidden Power type Steel, with a power of 66. The power is very good, but Steel isn't an HP type that's used on Raichu; usually Raichu uses HP Ice. You can use HP Steel if you want, but it's not Raichu's best. But it IS a strong attack, with a Base Power of 66.

This is what I would do with Raichu:

Nasty Plot
    Thunderbolt
    Focus Blast/Volt Switch/HP Steel (if you want it)
    Grass Knot

Quote Originally Posted by cxinlee View Post
    Is there a little cup thread?
    I couldn't find one, but you can always make one!

-------

Default Thanks for the feedback

Quote Originally Posted by varanus_komodoensis View Post
    You did EV train your Raichu correctly Good job! In case you're curious, here's its IV spread:

HP 8
    Att 19
    Def 29
    SpA 3
    SpD 30
    Speed 19

As for the moves, they need a lot of work. Your Raichu has THREE electric attacks! Why??? And why does it still know Thundershock??? We need to fix that. You should also get rid of Electro Ball. Raichu is out-speeded by too many things for it to be really useful, and Thunderbolt is more reliable.

Your Raichu should have a Hidden Power type Steel, with a power of 66. The power is very good, but Steel isn't an HP type that's used on Raichu; usually Raichu uses HP Ice. You can use HP Steel if you want, but it's not Raichu's best. But it IS a strong attack, with a Base Power of 66.

This is what I would do with Raichu:

Nasty Plot
    Thunderbolt
    Focus Blast/Volt Switch/HP Steel (if you want it)
    Grass Knot
    Thanks for the feedback plus I wasnt too interested in perfecting the moves as I was just practisin EV training to see the stats I know raichu is quite a poor choice for a special sweeper

Black 2 FC: 1636 5941 1916

Is it at all possible to have a 6v6 single battle over wifi without trading friend codes with another person?

Please click my dragons to help them grow!

My PASBL Squad

Quote Originally Posted by The desert spirit View Post
    Is it at all possible to have a 6v6 single battle over wifi without trading friend codes with another person?
    I don't think so...but I might be wrong.

Also, I'M the biggest fan of everything Flygon! Flygon's one of my favorite Pokemon; I've always had one on my team since Gen III!

-------

i'm totally new to competitive pokemon so my question is does a competitive pokemon team have to have certain roles? such as i can have a decent team with all physical sweepers or half physical sweepers and half tanks? a good example of this would be league of legend. for those of you have played it you would know generally a team would be consisted of a solo top(could be a variety), solo mid either mage or burst ad, duo bot with adc and support and a jungler.

Page 242 of 246 FirstFirst ... 142192232238239240241242243244245246 LastLast