Page 245 of 247 FirstFirst ... 145195235241242243244245246247 LastLast
Results 6,101 to 6,125 of 6151

Thread: Ask a Question Thread - READ FIRST POST

  1. #6101
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Newbark Town, Johto
    Posts
    130

    Default

    I have a question about Regigigas. If its ability were to change to insomnia before slow start wore off via worry seed, would its stats stay the same or revert to normal? I was thinking of how to use it and the only place I can imagine it being useful would be in the doubles and triples battles.
    My 3ds fc is 5214-9760-7012

    IGN: R0dium

    In My Safari: Noibat, Fraxure, Druddigon

    Pm me with yours so we can be friends ^^




    ^Drawn By Astrint^




  2. #6102

    Default

    Yeah, they'll return back to normal.

    Quote Originally Posted by Bulbapedia's Slow Start page
    If Skill Swap, Gastro Acid, or Worry Seed is used against this Pokémon, its stats will immediately return to full power. However, the user of Skill Swap will have its Attack and Speed stats halved.

  3. #6103
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Newbark Town, Johto
    Posts
    130

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jesusfreak94 View Post
    Yeah, they'll return back to normal.
    Thank you~ Good, now I know what I can do with my lvl 4 Regigigas ^^
    My 3ds fc is 5214-9760-7012

    IGN: R0dium

    In My Safari: Noibat, Fraxure, Druddigon

    Pm me with yours so we can be friends ^^




    ^Drawn By Astrint^




  4. #6104
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Bangalore, India
    Posts
    490

    Default

    what are the good special walls in RU?

    Credit to Ayra for the profile pic.
    ASB squad- http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthr...0#post16972170
    I have claimed Kabutops, destroyer of all! Fear me or perish!

  5. #6105
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    The Emo Cave
    Posts
    459

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by T-Bolt View Post
    what are the good special walls in RU?
    amoonguss and slowking can work, regenerator is nice.
    cryogonal is pretty specially bulky, and has access to recover so it can absorb special hits it's pretty valuable as a rapid spinner though so i wouldn't use it as a dedicated wall
    uxie also has the stats, but no recovery outside of rest.(and using it as a support pokemon is much more appealing)

    Credit to the amazing Lunar <3 and EG and BH :3

  6. #6106
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    The Hall Of Fame
    Posts
    750

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by T-Bolt View Post
    what are the good special walls in RU?

    Mandibuzz, Munchlax, Clefable, Drapion, & Hariyama (Rest Talk) are all decent choices.

  7. #6107
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Irresistiville
    Posts
    1,397

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Ciel View Post
    Mandibuzz, Munchlax, Clefable, Drapion, & Hariyama (Rest Talk) are all decent choices.
    Munchlax is garbage...
    Last edited by Sparkbeat; 18th September 2013 at 11:36 PM.

  8. #6108
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    80

    Default

    Is this the best wall in the game? Blissey+ schuckle :
    Schuckle has max defence and sp. defence , and blissey has max HP .
    Schuckle has the highest defences in the game , and blissey highest HP. Schuckle uses guard split to average his amazing defences with blisseys amazing sp. defence and weak defence. When the highest HP and defences are combined , blissey becomes THE NIGHTMARE OF ALL WALLS! I'm terrible at competitive battling so pleace have mercy. Tell me if there is a flaw or ways to improve this combo. Thnx
    I don't use "uber" Pokemon, I don't calculate stat values, I don't use cheating devices, I don't breed my way to perfection, and I don't care about natures. I catch my Pokemon the way they are, and treat them like individuals instead of brainless drones. If you use this philosophy, copy & paste this into your signature.(Started by Tyranitar)

    'Strong Pokemon. Weak Pokemon. That is only the selfish perception of people. Truly skilled trainers should try to win with their favourites.' - Karen

    [IMG]http://oi43.*******.com/sawqqo.jpg[/IMG] I have officially claimed Jumpluff

  9. #6109
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Irresistiville
    Posts
    1,397

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by leafgreen5050 View Post
    Is this the best wall in the game? Blissey+ schuckle :
    Schuckle has max defence and sp. defence , and blissey has max HP .
    Schuckle has the highest defences in the game , and blissey highest HP. Schuckle uses guard split to average his amazing defences with blisseys amazing sp. defence and weak defence. When the highest HP and defences are combined , blissey becomes THE NIGHTMARE OF ALL WALLS! I'm terrible at competitive battling so pleace have mercy. Tell me if there is a flaw or ways to improve this combo. Thnx
    The problem with these two Pokemon are that they are both set-up bait for many things (Shuckle more than Blissey) and they can be broken through by many common physical attackers in the OU tiers, such as Terrakion, Landorus-T (SD/Double Dance), Keldeo, Conkeldur, Reuiniclus, and I'm sure there are more than aren't popping in my head right now. The main problem with this core is that Shuckle lacks reliable recovery, which can be mended by Blissey's access to wish, but with hazards and the powerhouses of Gen 5, this strategy is unlikely to hold up for long. Really, to improve this you should drop Shuckle, as there are many walls that can do his job better because they A) Have reliable recovery and/or B) Have some sort of offensive presence. Also in the future, can you include movesets so we can see how exactly you're playing the core? It would help us answer your questions much easier.

  10. #6110
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    California
    Posts
    21

    Default

    Hello, I'm having trouble chooseing 6 dependable pokemon for my team. I have a lot of EV trained pokemon with descent move sets, yet no 6 seem to work together. I attempted to make a rain team, but it fell apart in battle. All I really want to do is beat this friend of mine at our pokemon play meeting. He runs with Zapdos and Garchomp in the lead.(we double battle)

    So I suppose the core question is how do find six pokemon that fit together?

    The pokemon I do have ready are:

    Dragonite (rain tank-sorta)
    Armaldo (swift swim)
    Politoad (drizzle)
    Toxicroak
    Vaporeon (hydration rest)
    Swoobat (simple)
    Staraptor
    Cacturne
    Cradily
    Chandelure
    Espeon (magic bounce)
    Gliscor (poison heal)
    Sharpedo (speed boost)
    Ferrothorn
    Lucario
    Zedstrika
    Volcarona
    Sceptile
    Togekiss (choice scarf)

    I can post movesets upon request or change their movesets to fit a team. Does anyone see 6 that would fit together?

    (I apologize if this post is not in the right place, I wasn't quite sure where it should go.)
    I have a form of autistum, plaese be kind to me, I don't know too much stuff, But I've been a pokemon fan for a long time.
    ps. I am a HORRIBBLE speller

    My trade shop:
    http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthr...amed-Breedshop

    X
    Player name:
    Maya
    Friend code:
    4124-5394-7027
    Friend Safari:


    Hey. For the record, I'm female. My initials just spell 'MARS' XD

  11. #6111
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Irresistiville
    Posts
    1,397

    Default

    The best I can come up with from a quick glance is Politoed/Toxicroak/Ferrothorn/Dragonite or Volcarona/Gliscor/Sharpedo. If you had a Starmie, I would suggest Politoed/Toxicroak/Ferrothorn/Dragonite/Volcarona/Starmie.

  12. #6112
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    California
    Posts
    21

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Contrail View Post
    The best I can come up with from a quick glance is Politoed/Toxicroak/Ferrothorn/Dragonite or Volcarona/Gliscor/Sharpedo. If you had a Starmie, I would suggest Politoed/Toxicroak/Ferrothorn/Dragonite/Volcarona/Starmie.
    I have a non EV trained Starmie, I can use that while I train a Starmie. Thanks for the advice, I'll try it.
    I have a form of autistum, plaese be kind to me, I don't know too much stuff, But I've been a pokemon fan for a long time.
    ps. I am a HORRIBBLE speller

    My trade shop:
    http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthr...amed-Breedshop

    X
    Player name:
    Maya
    Friend code:
    4124-5394-7027
    Friend Safari:


    Hey. For the record, I'm female. My initials just spell 'MARS' XD

  13. #6113
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    california
    Posts
    34

    Default

    So.. I made a thread but it never showed up, so here's a copy paste.

    So I've been playing since Gen 1 wayy wayy back. When Gen 2 came around I got into breeding, and still now into gen 5 all I've ever really focused on is breeding, however, for the first time I find that I actually want a competitive team to play with to have a little extra fun on the side.

    So this bring me to the actual point of this thread. I literally know nothing about the competitive scene or what kind of pokemon I'd need in your standard team. I've been searching around and I see all these terms of support and ****.

    I would like a drought team, I have a very good hidden power ground shiny vulpix that I had traded for some months back, I do not know how I should EV train it, I've been stumped for a long time on this and have found myself just staring at it for months now. I've seen smogons page on sun teams but I'm still very confused.

    Past this I have no idea what kind of composition I should make. Are supports required? Is this like a card game in which I need x amount of walls, x amount of support, x amount of fire types, x amount of grass types, etc etc etc. I'm basically just looking for information on how to proceed on figuring out what to breed to create my Sun team.

    If you can help me feel free to ask any questions, I'll answer whatever I need to.
    3DS FC: 4699-5691-3223

    MESSAGE ME ON SKYPE TO GET A HOLD OF ME QUICKEST
    Black 2 FC: Pid 1636 3572 7947


  14. #6114
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Irresistiville
    Posts
    1,397

    Default

    Just an fyi, bumping is more of a if you get no replies within a week thing. Not just after a few days. I'll answer your question when I get home, because easier to type and can get links.

  15. #6115
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Nowhere
    Posts
    694

    Default

    Your thread needs to get approved by a moderator before it shows up in the 5th gen Standard sub-forum. Obviously it didn't get approved.

  16. #6116
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    New England
    Posts
    411

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pidjiken View Post
    So.. I made a thread but it never showed up, so here's a copy paste.

    So I've been playing since Gen 1 wayy wayy back. When Gen 2 came around I got into breeding, and still now into gen 5 all I've ever really focused on is breeding, however, for the first time I find that I actually want a competitive team to play with to have a little extra fun on the side.

    So this bring me to the actual point of this thread. I literally know nothing about the competitive scene or what kind of pokemon I'd need in your standard team. I've been searching around and I see all these terms of support and ****.

    I would like a drought team, I have a very good hidden power ground shiny vulpix that I had traded for some months back, I do not know how I should EV train it, I've been stumped for a long time on this and have found myself just staring at it for months now. I've seen smogons page on sun teams but I'm still very confused.

    Past this I have no idea what kind of composition I should make. Are supports required? Is this like a card game in which I need x amount of walls, x amount of support, x amount of fire types, x amount of grass types, etc etc etc. I'm basically just looking for information on how to proceed on figuring out what to breed to create my Sun team.

    If you can help me feel free to ask any questions, I'll answer whatever I need to.
    Contrail should still give you his opinion, I don't have as much experience with sun as I would like.

    Smogon has various beginners guides and threads about how to start. The best way to learn about the meta is to play yourself or go through Smogon. McDanger has made a fairly good core thread that you could use to help you get started, I'm sure there are sun oriented cores there. Beyond that I'm just going to aim at the team building oriented part of this, I'll try to explain everything as I go.

    If you are using hp ground Ninetales it will probably be offensive, so you will probably want a set like this to bait Heatran (aka ohko/do a lot of damage to Heatran with hp ground after someone switches it into Ninetales):

    Ninetales @ leftovers
    Drought
    Timid
    4 hp/ 252 sp atk/ 252 spe
    - Hidden Power (Ground)
    - Fire Blast
    - Solarbeam/ Energy Ball
    - Sunny Day/ Roar

    You don't need x amount of walls or y amount of sweepers. I believe most successful sun teams actually run more offensively than defensively (someone please correct me if I am wrong here). Having a specific amount of fire and grass mons is kinda not always going to work. If you are just going for a really standard sun team you are going to want Dugtrio for trapping TTar and Politoed (arena trap lets it trap mons, then it can try to ko, this is best done on weakened mons or with a sash intact considering duggy's poor bulk), a chlorophyll sweeper like Venusaur or Sawsbuck, a fire type to take advantage of the sun, Ninetales obviously, and a spinner like Tentacruel (who also counters rain) or Forre (who also gives you rocks). The last member should either give you hazards, be an anti weather mon, or another abuser of the sun.

    My biggest suggestion though is to make a team on Pokemonshowdown.com and start playing. You can get a lot of battles quickly and learn more than if you try playing with wifi. Most people can get 3-4 good battles on PS in the time it takes them to get 1 or 2 battles on wifi

    Quote Originally Posted by Pidjiken View Post
    Is bumping a thread allowed here? I need some help. <<;
    Bumping isn't allowed, you may want to delete those posts.


    ^You ever have that moment you realize you forgot to give credit? Sorry Irra!!^

  17. #6117
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Irresistiville
    Posts
    1,397

    Default

    Yeah, Dragonic's right. Use PS to test, and if you're set on using HP Ground Ninetails, may as well use a lure set. Here's some links to guides on Serebii that should help.

    Teambuilding Basics: http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthr...g-Ins-and-Outs
    Sun Team Guide: http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthr...ther-Guide-Sun
    Here's a nice guide for how to EV Train: http://www.smogon.com/bw/articles/bw_ev

    For EV's in general, it really depends on what role you want a Pokemon to preform. Generally, an offensive Pokemon will use 252 (Special) Attack for max power, and 252 Speed so it can strike as fast as possible, with a nature boosting whichever of these it needs a boost on. However, if you need an offensive Pokemon to be able to survive a hit from a certain Pokemon's move, then you would take ev's out of whichever of the two currently invested stats (Speed and [Special] Attack) is less necessary and add it to your HP stat. On walls you typically invest 252 in HP and 252 in whatever kind of wall they are, special of physical. Since you're new, I would recommend starting with the suggested EV spreads on Smogon until you get more competitive experience and know exactly what you want whatever Pokemon to be able to do.
    Last edited by Sparkbeat; 24th September 2013 at 11:16 PM.

  18. #6118
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    california
    Posts
    34

    Default

    Thanks a lot ^_^
    3DS FC: 4699-5691-3223

    MESSAGE ME ON SKYPE TO GET A HOLD OF ME QUICKEST
    Black 2 FC: Pid 1636 3572 7947


  19. #6119
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Geelong, Victoria, Australia!
    Posts
    1,075

    Default

    I'm just wondering what is a good set for Bayleef in NU or RU?

    Thanks in advance.

    "Well I'm walking by the red light
    Gonna find me all that I'm owed
    And I know where I'm gonna be then
    When the red light's gonna shine on me"

  20. #6120
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    The Hall Of Fame
    Posts
    750

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HeroicRein View Post
    I'm just wondering what is a good set for Bayleef in NU or RU?

    Thanks in advance.
    Bayleef isn't viable at all in either RU or NU (It doesn't have an analysis, even)

    You're better off using Meganium, his evolution, who's analysis for NU & RU can be found here:

    http://www.smogon.com/bw/pokemon/meganium
    http://www.smogon.com/bw/pokemon/meganium/ru

  21. #6121
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    California
    Posts
    21

    Default

    Okay, odd question about EV training, is there a place in white two with a high amount of attack plus Pokemon? (In case I didn't make that clear enough, I mean Pokemon that when beat count as attack EVs?) The best I got is route 19, (only parat and purrloin) but I do so much better with special attack, (celestial tower, nothing but litwick) and speed (outside dragon spiral tower, surfing, all basculin) So I guess I was wondering where do you tipically train for attack EVs? Is route 19 really the best choice? Or is there a better route?
    I have a form of autistum, plaese be kind to me, I don't know too much stuff, But I've been a pokemon fan for a long time.
    ps. I am a HORRIBBLE speller

    My trade shop:
    http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthr...amed-Breedshop

    X
    Player name:
    Maya
    Friend code:
    4124-5394-7027
    Friend Safari:


    Hey. For the record, I'm female. My initials just spell 'MARS' XD

  22. #6122
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    under the scarlet sky
    Posts
    1,106

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mars714 View Post
    Okay, odd question about EV training, is there a place in white two with a high amount of attack plus Pokemon? (In case I didn't make that clear enough, I mean Pokemon that when beat count as attack EVs?) The best I got is route 19, (only parat and purrloin) but I do so much better with special attack, (celestial tower, nothing but litwick) and speed (outside dragon spiral tower, surfing, all basculin) So I guess I was wondering where do you tipically train for attack EVs? Is route 19 really the best choice? Or is there a better route?
    route 1 is the best but everything is a lot strong, iirc mid 50s, but both heirdier and watchog give 2 attack evs



  23. #6123
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    California
    Posts
    54

    Default 速い Mamoswine

    I'm not sure if this is the correct thread for my question, but I'm trying to figure out if I ended up battling a hacked pokemon. Disclaimer is I'm pretty new at this...have done research but I'm very terrible at battling nonetheless. :P

    That said, I'm trying to figure out how a Mamoswine outruns a Dugtrio. What I've looked into:
    - Mamoswine's base speed is 80, Dugtrio's is 120
    - The Dugtrio is fully Speed EV trained, has max speed IVs, and the nature is speed neutral
    - No speed modifiers on either pokemon, obviously. I doubt there's a held item that could bridge the gap.
    - No "strike first" item was used on the Mamoswine. (it would broadcast this, right?)
    - Mamoswine has no ability that can boost speed
    - The move used by mamo did not have increased priority.
    - No Trick Room

    I can't imagine a +speed nature on the Mamoswine bridging the massive gap between the two. So was this legitimate?

    (in case you're wondering my motive for the Dugtrio...I'm not really too competitive and I just like the thing, but I also like its Arena Trap ability. at least with pub it's serves a valuable (albeit specialized) purpose sometimes )
    Last edited by sarysa; 8th October 2013 at 2:04 AM.

  24. #6124

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sarysa View Post
    I doubt there's a held item that could bridge the gap.
    Choice Scarf.
    Competitive/IGRMT Mod and one of the writers for the PotW.

    I make no claim of being perfect or always right. Take everything I say with a grain of salt.

  25. #6125
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Irresistiville
    Posts
    1,397

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sarysa View Post
    I'm not sure if this is the correct thread for my question, but I'm trying to figure out if I ended up battling a hacked pokemon. Disclaimer is I'm pretty new at this...have done research but I'm very terrible at battling nonetheless. :P

    That said, I'm trying to figure out how a Mamoswine outruns a Dugtrio. What I've looked into:
    - Mamoswine's base speed is 80, Dugtrio's is 120
    - The Dugtrio is fully Speed EV trained, has max speed IVs, and the nature is speed neutral
    - No speed modifiers on either pokemon, obviously. I doubt there's a held item that could bridge the gap.
    - No "strike first" item was used on the Mamoswine. (it would broadcast this, right?)
    - Mamoswine has no ability that can boost speed
    - The ability used did not have increased priority.

    I can't imagine a +speed nature on the Mamoswine bridging the massive gap between the two. So was this legitimate?

    (in case you're wondering my motive for the Dugtrio...I'm not really too competitive and I just like the thing, but I also like its Arena Trap ability. at least with pub it's serves a valuable (albeit specialized) purpose sometimes )
    I'm assuming by the last note it didn't use Ice Shard, so the only option is it was Scarfed which a believe outspeeds neutral Dugtrio

Page 245 of 247 FirstFirst ... 145195235241242243244245246247 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •