Page 3 of 247 FirstFirst 12345671353103 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 75 of 6151

Thread: Ask a Question Thread - READ FIRST POST

  1. #51
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    the mean land
    Posts
    6

    Default

    I just got this adamant dratini with perfect IVs in attack and speed and I thought I should build a team around the dragonite choice band set on smogon. Can someone give me suggestions on good teamates for him?

  2. #52
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    PD
    Posts
    26

    Default

    Heatran takes care of steels that switch in on a dragon attack and takes ice beams.
    Witty text followed by animated things:
    -
    -
    -

  3. #53
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Dominican Republic
    Posts
    826

    Default

    I know this isn't the easiest question to answer, or well, the shortest one. What are the main changes in the post-5th gen OU meta? I mean, more so than that, explanations of the most used pokes. I would appreciate that more than a meta breakdown (which I wouldn't mind getting, by the way). I have a general idea of how it is; Sandstorm and Rain are dominant. They have UberMole+Garchomp and Manaphy+Kingdra+Politoaed, respectably. Other than that, I know some of the most used pokes but an explanation of each would be cool to have. By the way, anyone who answers this, please give me their opinion on the 5th gen OU metagame. I personally believe it has too many overpowered stuff.
    Don't know anything now. Yep, even less than before.

    Where are the Certified Raters?

  4. #54
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Up someone's a**crack
    Posts
    334

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JRCxyz View Post
    I know this isn't the easiest question to answer, or well, the shortest one. What are the main changes in the post-5th gen OU meta? I mean, more so than that, explanations of the most used pokes. I would appreciate that more than a meta breakdown (which I wouldn't mind getting, by the way). I have a general idea of how it is; Sandstorm and Rain are dominant. They have UberMole+Garchomp and Manaphy+Kingdra+Politoaed, respectably. Other than that, I know some of the most used pokes but an explanation of each would be cool to have. By the way, anyone who answers this, please give me their opinion on the 5th gen OU metagame. I personally believe it has too many overpowered stuff.
    Hi JRCxyz!
    Had to get that out of my system.

    Anyway, for starters, Smogon released a new Smog dedicated to the Gen. V metagame. It has articles on the top threats of Gen. V OU as well as an analysis of Gen.V OU and LC metagames. Plus, it lists some Pokemon who will probably not make the OU cut. However, this is all before DrizzleToed and DroutTales was introduced, but because of Politoed's overall frailty and utter uselessness out side of instant rain, DrizzleToed will be less popular, especially when compared to Sandstorm, which can knock out Rain and probably kill Politoed, meaning that the rest of the teammates dependent on Rain are almost virtually useless. Anyway, here is what you asked for.

    Main changes
    - More weather oriented
    - Offensive sand
    - A new item that makes a Pokemon immune to Ground-type moves temporarily
    - A new item that negates immunities, which means an unblockable spin.

    Unfortunately, I can't tell you the most used Pokemon, simply because of lack of statistics.
    Threat List
    - Manaphy: Tail Glow is no +3 Special Attack. End of story.
    - Garchomp: Same reasons as last generation.
    - Landlos: Base 125 Att and 101 Spe, Access to Sand Power [Increases power of all Rock, Ground, and Steel moves], Immunity to (Toxic) Spikes and T-Wave.
    - Roopushin: Base 140 Att; access to 101 Subs; movepool including Bulk Up, Taunt, Drain Punch, Hammer Arm, and Mach Punch.
    - Shaymin-S: Same reasons as last generation.
    - Deoxys (D,N,A,and S): Same reasons as last generation.
    - Latios: Same reasons as last generation, only now with Psycho Shock [Special move: Inflicts physical damage] to hurt Blissey.
    - Wobbuffet: Same reasons as last generation.
    - Doryuuzu: Base 135 Att, passable bulk, Base 88 Speed; Ability Sand Throw [Doubles Pokemon's speed in sand]; immunity to Toxic and T-Wave; Access to Swords Dance
    - Ditto: Ability Eccentric [Changes Pokemon who has this ability into opposing Pokemon], technically auto-Transform; Slap on a Choice Scarf and revenge kill.

    My opinion is that Gen. V pretty much undid all of the crappy Pokemon Gen. IV gave us, and now with new moves, abilities, and items that will definitively change the metagame.

    Me: what's your opinion on Gen. V?
    Zapper22001: It's...interesting.
    Join the Tutor Program. Started by JRCxyz & Salavoir

    [In Clan Memoriam]
    RIP Battling Academy, even though I just joined.
    Memories are eternal.

    RIP Toothpaste Clan. You kept my teeth clean.
    Dental hygiene is eternal.

    RIP Survival Island. Global warming drowned us all.
    Survival isn't eternal

  5. #55
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Up someone's a**crack
    Posts
    334

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JRCxyz View Post
    I know this isn't the easiest question to answer, or well, the shortest one. What are the main changes in the post-5th gen OU meta? I mean, more so than that, explanations of the most used pokes. I would appreciate that more than a meta breakdown (which I wouldn't mind getting, by the way). I have a general idea of how it is; Sandstorm and Rain are dominant. They have UberMole+Garchomp and Manaphy+Kingdra+Politoaed, respectably. Other than that, I know some of the most used pokes but an explanation of each would be cool to have. By the way, anyone who answers this, please give me their opinion on the 5th gen OU metagame. I personally believe it has too many overpowered stuff.
    Hi JRCxyz!
    Had to get that out of my system.

    Anyway, for starters, Smogon released a new Smog dedicated to the Gen. V metagame. It has articles on the top threats of Gen. V OU as well as an analysis of Gen.V OU and LC metagames. Plus, it lists some Pokemon who will probably not make the OU cut. However, this is all before DrizzleToed and DroutTales was introduced, but because of Politoed's overall frailty and utter uselessness out side of instant rain, DrizzleToed will be less popular, especially when compared to Sandstorm, which can knock out Rain and probably kill Politoed, meaning that the rest of the teammates dependent on Rain are almost virtually useless. Anyway, here is what you asked for.

    Main changes
    - More weather oriented
    - Offensive sand
    - A new item that makes a Pokemon immune to Ground-type moves temporarily
    - A new item that negates immunities, which means an unblockable spin.

    Unfortunately, I can't tell you the most used Pokemon, simply because of lack of statistics.
    Threat List
    - Manaphy: Tail Glow is no +3 Special Attack. End of story.
    - Garchomp: Same reasons as last generation.
    - Landlos: Base 125 Att and 101 Spe, Access to Sand Power [Increases power of all Rock, Ground, and Steel moves], Immunity to (Toxic) Spikes and T-Wave.
    - Roopushin: Base 140 Att; access to 101 Subs; movepool including Bulk Up, Taunt, Drain Punch, Hammer Arm, and Mach Punch.
    - Shaymin-S: Same reasons as last generation.
    - Deoxys (D,N,A,and S): Same reasons as last generation.
    - Latios: Same reasons as last generation, only now with Psycho Shock [Special move: Inflicts physical damage] to hurt Blissey.
    - Wobbuffet: Same reasons as last generation.
    - Doryuuzu: Base 135 Att, passable bulk, Base 88 Speed; Ability Sand Throw [Doubles Pokemon's speed in sand]; immunity to Toxic and T-Wave; Access to Swords Dance
    - Ditto: Ability Eccentric [Changes Pokemon who has this ability into opposing Pokemon], technically auto-Transform; Slap on a Choice Scarf and revenge kill.

    My opinion is that Gen. V pretty much undid all of the crappy Pokemon Gen. IV gave us, and now with new moves, abilities, and items that will definitively change the metagame.

    Me: what's your opinion on Gen. V?
    Zapper22001: It's...interesting.
    Join the Tutor Program. Started by JRCxyz & Salavoir

    [In Clan Memoriam]
    RIP Battling Academy, even though I just joined.
    Memories are eternal.

    RIP Toothpaste Clan. You kept my teeth clean.
    Dental hygiene is eternal.

    RIP Survival Island. Global warming drowned us all.
    Survival isn't eternal

  6. #56
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Stockholm, Sverige
    Posts
    189

    Default

    Ok, with the pre evo stone, which would be better, max special defense dusclops, or max defense?
    [IMG]http://i51.*******.com/11b19wm.png[/IMG] oh yeah
    ALL THANKS TO EZZPEON

    I CLAIM CASTFORM

  7. #57

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Beastiken9 View Post
    Ok, with the pre evo stone, which would be better, max special defense dusclops, or max defense?
    More SpD is usually more beneficial, since you can just burn physical attackers with Will-O-Wisp, alleviating the need for Def EVs.

  8. #58
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Grasstown
    Posts
    250

    Default

    I have a huge question. (duh, i wouldn't be posting here otherwise.) Anyway, would sheer force cancel out secondary effects such as Belly Drum's huge HP loss, Flare Blitz's recoil, Thrash's confusion, and Superpower's attack and defense loss, or does it only cancel out positive effects? I know it cancels out life orb recoil, but what about moves like these? And what about Giga Impact? I feel like some of these effects must not be canceled out, because Darmanitan would be hyped beyond reason if they were. Flare Blitz would be 1,245 base power with Orb, STAB, Belly Drum, and Sheer Power, Giga Impact would be 1,037, Superpower would be 830, and Thrash would be 830 (though you'd probably be locked in for a few turns by Thrash, unless this is canceled out too). However, the same mechanics may not apply to Belly Drum as it isn't an attacking move. Confirmation on all of these moves would be greatly appreciated.

    NOTICE: Above White FC is no longer valid. FC is now 0562-2001-5885.

    Awesome pic by xPrincessAmanda.

    John 3:36, John 3:16, Romans 6:23, Romans 3:23, Romans 5:8, John 14:6, Ephesians 2:8-9, Acts 3:19
    Join the Serebii Christian Alliance - http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?t=368080

  9. #59

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ASB View Post
    I have a huge question. (duh, i wouldn't be posting here otherwise.) Anyway, would sheer force cancel out secondary effects such as Belly Drum's huge HP loss, Flare Blitz's recoil, Trash's confusion, and Superpower's attack and defense loss, or does it only cancel out positive effects? I know it cancels out life orb recoil, but what about moves like these? And what about Giga Impact? I feel like some of these effects must not be canceled out, because Darmanitan would be hyped beyond reason if they were.
    Sadly it does not cancel out such effects. This tends to be a common question/misconception among newer 5th gen players. Things such as recoil, defense or other stat drops, (re)charge moves, etc, do not get the boost nor lose the negative effect since this is the moves PRIMARY effect not secondary. Secondary effects include a chance to inflict status on moves like Fire Punch, or a chance to flinch. Of the moves you mentioned, Flare Blitz actually does get a boost since it does have a chance to burn, though it still does recoil damage.
    Quote Originally Posted by Makaveli
    The user above is me, a major sleazy wh0re!!

  10. #60
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Grasstown
    Posts
    250

    Default

    Good, because Hihi would be way overpowered if these effects were canceled.

    Also, I have a question as to who I should add to my team to defeat Doryuuzu. When I realized that opposing Doryuuzu could decimate my team completely in a sandstorm, I decided that I needed something to prevent myself from meeting a swift end should my opponent switch in Mole. I didn’t really want to use Roobushin because he’s the pokémon that everyone else immediately turns to. This is for my 5th-gen only team, so plz don't suggest pokémon from other gens like Banded Azumarill.

    Priority Abuser/SubSeeder
    -#546 - Cottonee@Evolution Stone-

    Relaxed (+Def, -Spe)
    Mischievous Heart
    12 HP
    252 DEF
    244 SDEF
    Taunt
    Cotton Guard/Protect
    Substitute
    Leech Seed

    Here, I chose a pokemon that can annoy the crap out of mole by using the magnificent ability, Mischievous Heart. You may be thinking "OH MY GOSH! Why isn't he using Erufuun?????" If you are, allow me to explain to you how Monmen outclasses Erufuun in nearly every way imaginable. Its defensive stats are much higher when combined with Evo stone, its attack doesn't matter (if you use Monmen and/or Erufuun to attack, I'm laughing at you right now), the lower speed allows it to survive more Gyro Balls from the likes of Natty who frequently counters it (don't forget the MH makes speed pretty much obsolete), the lower HP allows it to regain "more" health from Leech Seed, even though it loses Lefties. This pokémon can be quite irritating, to put it quite mildly. If I need to explain priority Substitute and Leech Seed to you, you probably shouldn't be reading this :P. Cotton Guard guarantees that I can survive an X-scissor from even a +2 Doryuuzu. Here's how it goes: I use Taunt to prevent Doryuuzu from dancing, Cotton Guard reduces his damage to around 20% or Monmen's HP, Leech Seed and Sub up. Chances are he'll switch, and this will give me a chance to Cotton Guard a second time to get up to +6 (Defense gets up to 1,440). I'm not sure if protect would be a better option though. I could use it every other turn, allowing me to gain twice as much health back from Leech Seed. Any other ideas are welcomed as well.

    Sash-Endeavor-Priority
    -#567 - Archeos (Archie) Archeops?@Focus Sash -

    Jolly (+SPD, -SATK)
    Faint-Hearted -_-
    252 ATK
    252 SPD
    4 HP
    Endeavor
    Quick Attack
    Aerial Ace
    Rock Slide

    This guy has a niche in that he is the only 5th gen pokémon that can use both Endeavor and a priority move. Also, Donphan is the only other user of this strategy that can survive a sandstorm hit afterwards. Combine this with Sash and you can reduce Doryuuzu to 1 HP and KO him with Quick Attack The next turn. Unfortunately, the fine folks at GameFreak decided to halve this guy’s Attack stats when his HP is below half, so he can’t do much after that. The other moves are there in case I want/need to use him for something else. I’m pretty sure Monmen outclasses him, but hey, you never know.

    So, which of these two pokémon would be better at stopping Excadrill in its tracks? Monmen or Archeos? If Monmen, what moves should I use? Kirk or Picard? Help please!

    NOTICE: Above White FC is no longer valid. FC is now 0562-2001-5885.

    Awesome pic by xPrincessAmanda.

    John 3:36, John 3:16, Romans 6:23, Romans 3:23, Romans 5:8, John 14:6, Ephesians 2:8-9, Acts 3:19
    Join the Serebii Christian Alliance - http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?t=368080

  11. #61

    Default

    Hay what exactly should i look for and be aware of when i make a team. by that i mean stuff like Sandstorm teams, how often a certen type of move and abuilty a pokemon will tipicly have, weather their scarfed, ect. Also what are the biggest problems building a team, and what are the biggest problems when building a mono-team(i want to make a mono water team)

  12. #62
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Stockholm, Sverige
    Posts
    189

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Faust View Post
    Hay what exactly should i look for and be aware of when i make a team. by that i mean stuff like Sandstorm teams, how often a certen type of move and abuilty a pokemon will tipicly have, weather their scarfed, ect. Also what are the biggest problems building a team, and what are the biggest problems when building a mono-team(i want to make a mono water team)
    You should be aware of doryuzzu because of it's ability is a sandstorm swift swim. Pairrd with his high attack, he is a really big threat.
    [IMG]http://i51.*******.com/11b19wm.png[/IMG] oh yeah
    ALL THANKS TO EZZPEON

    I CLAIM CASTFORM

  13. #63

    Default

    I have a few, if you can answer any of this it is appreciated.

    I have heard you can trade back and forth between 4th and 5th gen as long as there are no 5th gen pokes and whatnot. Does that mean you can trade back a Poison Heal Gliscor and teach it Roost then send it back to your Black/White version?

    What are the 5th gen pokes making an impact on the metagame?

    What 4th gen pokes got a huge advantage or disadvantage with 5th gen?
        Spoiler:- Spoiler:

  14. #64
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Fun Dip
    Posts
    769

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rhys29 View Post
    I have a few, if you can answer any of this it is appreciated.

    I have heard you can trade back and forth between 4th and 5th gen as long as there are no 5th gen pokes and whatnot. Does that mean you can trade back a Poison Heal Gliscor and teach it Roost then send it back to your Black/White version?

    You can only send pokes from 4th gen to 5th gen, like 4th gen's pal park, so no.


    What are the 5th gen pokes making an impact on the metagame?

    Landolos, Excadrill, Reuniclus, Conkeldurr, Hydreigon, Terrakion, Virizion, Ferrothorn, Jellicent, Voltolos, Volcarona, and Haxorus are the main ones.

    What 4th gen pokes got a huge advantage or disadvantage with 5th gen?

    Ditto got Eccentric, letting it transform as soon as it switches, and it copies stat boosts, making it the ultimate revenge killer.

    Chansey, P2, Dusclops all got the use of the Prevo Stone, increasing their defense stats by +1, making Chansey a better wall than Blissey and P2 bulkier than Lugia.

    Blaziken got Speed Boost, making Infernape look like a pansy because of the new Hi Jump Kick buff,which is now at 130 base power.


    Rotom-W has excellent typing and now has STAB on Hydro Pump, making it a better Lanturn.

    Rotom-S got Elec/Flying with Levitate, making it the only pokemon to have a double immunity against EQ!

    Nintales got Drought, allowing Sun Teams to flourish.

    A bunch of random grass types got Chlorophyll or things like Charizard got Solar Power.

    Kingdra is bad now because of the Drizzle + Swift Swim ban and rain in general is lackluster now. Plus, Ferrothorn walls Kingdra for days.

    Forretress is outclassed by Ferrothorn in every way, except for Sturdy, which is now a free focus sash.

    That's all I can think of for now.
    Answers in bold.

  15. #65
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    2,151

    Default

    **Forretress can Rapid Spin, which Nattorei can not. This reason alone helps Forry still find a place in stall teams since Forry can lay Spikes / Toxic Spikes and Rapid Spin, making the remaining five Pokemon much less restricted.

    An a generic wall though, yeah Natt outclasses Forry. Just not on stall!

  16. #66

    Default

    That's a huge disappointment in terms of trading. But limitations stoke creativity, Damp Swampert is a great Heatran counter and can shut down anything with a Choiced Explosion well. Though iirc Explosion got nerfed hard, right?

    Landorus looks like a sweeping Gliscor. Which is more prevalent on Excadrill, Sand Force or Sand Rush? Both look extremely useful. Reuniclus as an LO CM set I take it? Hydreigon must just be dropping Draco Meteor and then U-Turning and its STABs grant excellent coverage with Fire Blast... What is Virizion doing? Water Absorb/Recover on a Ghost type is okay, but I don't see why Jellicent would be doing more damage to a team than Chandelure. Any reason in particular?

    P2 looks like it could wall a lot more effectively. I really like the options Blaziken has now, saw BH's suggestion elsewhere of Protect which is prozorz and there is always the option to Baton Pass, which in turn makes it a much better passer than Ninjask (finally). Ninetails will hate SS teams anyways since I would think Dugtrio would be a new useful component, either to sweep late game or trap things like Chandelure and Ninetails. Forry is now totally viable for Hail stall though... he didn't miss out that much and Ferrothorn can't drop T-Spikes or Rapid Spin. But yeah, much better wall with slightly better typing.

    Are there any new items that are changing competitive? There's the Prevo-Defense Stone thing, but that's all I've heard of. Apparently something else to make Rapid Spinning much easier too.

    Thanks for your time guys.
        Spoiler:- Spoiler:

  17. #67

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rhys29 View Post
    That's a huge disappointment in terms of trading. But limitations stoke creativity, Damp Swampert is a great Heatran counter and can shut down anything with a Choiced Explosion well. Though iirc Explosion got nerfed hard, right?
    Yea, it sucks you can't trade back and forth since it opens up a whole can of illegal movesets. Poison Heal Gliscor would love Roost, DampPert would be better if it could have SR. And yea, Explosion blows now that it doesn't half defense when you use it.

    Quote Originally Posted by Rhys29 View Post
    Landorus looks like a sweeping Gliscor. Which is more prevalent on Excadrill, Sand Force or Sand Rush? Both look extremely useful. Reuniclus as an LO CM set I take it? Hydreigon must just be dropping Draco Meteor and then U-Turning and its STABs grant excellent coverage with Fire Blast... What is Virizion doing? Water Absorb/Recover on a Ghost type is okay, but I don't see why Jellicent would be doing more damage to a team than Chandelure. Any reason in particular?
    Landorus is the best abuser of Sand Force, and it can use SD to hit even harder, Rock Polish to outspeed absolutely everything, or it can use a Special moveset. Excadrill is a bit slow to abuse Sand Force though unlike Landorus. Landorus also has a better movepool and whatnot. Excadrill getting 604 Speed in the Sand the main reason to use it. I don't think I've ever seen Exca with Sand Force/Mold Breaker since the early stages of the game and even then not many. Reuniclus usually does use CM sets, and its really quite powerful. Smogon already nominated Reuniclus for suspect testing once, and while it wasn't voted Uber by a long shot, it still shows that it has great potential. Hydreigon is also great, but Latios seems to be more common for spamming DMs because it has a slight power edge, and is faster. U-Turn makes it kind of like Flygon was to Mence before it was banned, though Hydreigon does have Fire Blast and Focus Blast to help set it apart. Virizion is probably one of the best anti weather pokes around since it can deal with Rain and Sand effectively with a CM set. With Smogon's plan to nerf Rain there will be less reason to use Virizion though. Chandelure is kinda like the Rampardos of 5th gen when it doesn't have Shadow Tag (maybe not quite as bad as Rampardos, but still it doesn't live up to the initial hype.) Chandelure was banned on PO's DW ladder because of STag, and probably would be on Smogon's too if they got around to testing it.

    Quote Originally Posted by Rhys29 View Post
    P2 looks like it could wall a lot more effectively. I really like the options Blaziken has now, saw BH's suggestion elsewhere of Protect which is prozorz and there is always the option to Baton Pass, which in turn makes it a much better passer than Ninjask (finally). Ninetails will hate SS teams anyways since I would think Dugtrio would be a new useful component, either to sweep late game or trap things like Chandelure and Ninetails. Forry is now totally viable for Hail stall though... he didn't miss out that much and Ferrothorn can't drop T-Spikes or Rapid Spin. But yeah, much better wall with slightly better typing.
    P2 is pretty good at switching into a bunch of random things, but with all the Fighting moves it won't be walling entire teams on its own. Conkeldurr can switch in and any status move you use will only give it a Guts boost. Blaze is also much better now. Adamant LO Blaze can KO Jellicent with SE after a Swords Dance, though it might be a better idea to carry Baton Pass or Protect as you mentioned. Its nice to see less Noobjask also. Ninetails, and Sun in general still struggles from being outclassed by Rain and Sand, though it might get a chance to shine now that Rain is nerfed. While Forry can use TSpikes and Spin, that only helps set it apart from Ferro slightly. The big reason people use Ferrothorn, aside from the obvious hazard spamming, is that it can check like half the metagame by itself since its typing gives it so many resistances and defenses are so well rounded.

    Quote Originally Posted by Rhys29 View Post
    Are there any new items that are changing competitive? There's the Prevo-Defense Stone thing, but that's all I've heard of. Apparently something else to make Rapid Spinning much easier too.
    The Bull's Eye/Aiming Mark thing making Rapid Spin hit Ghosts was only a myth early on. Spinning is just like it was last gen only you have to worry about Jellicent and not the Rotom forms. There are only a few useful items other than the Evo Stone, one of them being the Balloon. It grants a temporary immunity to Ground type attacks which lasts until the holder takes damage from an attack (residual damage such as Rocks, Sand, etc, doesn't count.) Excadrill commonly carries it so it become harder for other Excadrill to revenge kill it. Heatran also uses it so that it can check things it normally couldn't, including Excadrill. Aside from Tran and Exca only a few random Fires and Electrics will carry it. The Rugged Helmet deals recoil damage when something is hit by direct attacks, kinda like Rough Skin. It also stacks with Rough Skin/Iron Thorns which makes Ferrothorn a good user of the item if you think you can manage without Lefties. Together, Iron Thorns and Rugged Helm deals slightly more than 25% damage per hit. Theres also the elemental Jewel items which give a one time power boost to any move you use which matches the type of the jewel.
    Quote Originally Posted by Makaveli
    The user above is me, a major sleazy wh0re!!

  18. #68

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by d0nut View Post
    Yea, it sucks you can't trade back and forth since it opens up a whole can of illegal movesets. Poison Heal Gliscor would love Roost, DampPert would be better if it could have SR. And yea, Explosion blows now that it doesn't half defense when you use it.
    Man, it got nerfed hard.
    Quote Originally Posted by d0nut View Post
    Landorus is the best abuser of Sand Force, and it can use SD to hit even harder, Rock Polish to outspeed absolutely everything, or it can use a Special moveset. Excadrill is a bit slow to abuse Sand Force though unlike Landorus. Landorus also has a better movepool and whatnot. Excadrill getting 604 Speed in the Sand the main reason to use it. I don't think I've ever seen Exca with Sand Force/Mold Breaker since the early stages of the game and even then not many. Reuniclus usually does use CM sets, and its really quite powerful. Smogon already nominated Reuniclus for suspect testing once, and while it wasn't voted Uber by a long shot, it still shows that it has great potential. Hydreigon is also great, but Latios seems to be more common for spamming DMs because it has a slight power edge, and is faster. U-Turn makes it kind of like Flygon was to Mence before it was banned, though Hydreigon does have Fire Blast and Focus Blast to help set it apart. Virizion is probably one of the best anti weather pokes around since it can deal with Rain and Sand effectively with a CM set. With Smogon's plan to nerf Rain there will be less reason to use Virizion though. Chandelure is kinda like the Rampardos of 5th gen when it doesn't have Shadow Tag (maybe not quite as bad as Rampardos, but still it doesn't live up to the initial hype.) Chandelure was banned on PO's DW ladder because of STag, and probably would be on Smogon's too if they got around to testing it.
    That clears up a lot, thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by d0nut View Post
    P2 is pretty good at switching into a bunch of random things, but with all the Fighting moves it won't be walling entire teams on its own. Conkeldurr can switch in and any status move you use will only give it a Guts boost. Blaze is also much better now. Adamant LO Blaze can KO Jellicent with SE after a Swords Dance, though it might be a better idea to carry Baton Pass or Protect as you mentioned. Its nice to see less Noobjask also. Ninetails, and Sun in general still struggles from being outclassed by Rain and Sand, though it might get a chance to shine now that Rain is nerfed. While Forry can use TSpikes and Spin, that only helps set it apart from Ferro slightly. The big reason people use Ferrothorn, aside from the obvious hazard spamming, is that it can check like half the metagame by itself since its typing gives it so many resistances and defenses are so well rounded.
    Ferrothorn looks like a fun Sub/Seed user. I just don't like his Fighting weakness.
    Quote Originally Posted by d0nut View Post
    The Bull's Eye/Aiming Mark thing making Rapid Spin hit Ghosts was only a myth early on. Spinning is just like it was last gen only you have to worry about Jellicent and not the Rotom forms. There are only a few useful items other than the Evo Stone, one of them being the Balloon. It grants a temporary immunity to Ground type attacks which lasts until the holder takes damage from an attack (residual damage such as Rocks, Sand, etc, doesn't count.) Excadrill commonly carries it so it become harder for other Excadrill to revenge kill it. Heatran also uses it so that it can check things it normally couldn't, including Excadrill. Aside from Tran and Exca only a few random Fires and Electrics will carry it. The Rugged Helmet deals recoil damage when something is hit by direct attacks, kinda like Rough Skin. It also stacks with Rough Skin/Iron Thorns which makes Ferrothorn a good user of the item if you think you can manage without Lefties. Together, Iron Thorns and Rugged Helm deals slightly more than 25% damage per hit. Theres also the elemental Jewel items which give a one time power boost to any move you use which matches the type of the jewel.
    How does the Balloon function with Substitute? Ex: I throw up a substitute and the opponent destroys my substitute, will it break at any point during this? How much is the jewel bonus?

    Thanks a lot, this has been a big help
        Spoiler:- Spoiler:

  19. #69

    Default

    Sub won't protect your Balloon unfortunately. Also, since I didn't mention it in my last post I'll just say that the Balloon also gives an immunity to Spikes and TSpikes while it is still there. The Jewel boost is 1.5x the power, but it only works once in battle as its consumable.
    Quote Originally Posted by Makaveli
    The user above is me, a major sleazy wh0re!!

  20. #70

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by d0nut View Post
    Sub won't protect your Balloon unfortunately. Also, since I didn't mention it in my last post I'll just say that the Balloon also gives an immunity to Spikes and TSpikes while it is still there. The Jewel boost is 1.5x the power, but it only works once in battle as its consumable.
    Dang. But still good to know. Thanks again.
        Spoiler:- Spoiler:

  21. #71
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    United States of Eurasia
    Posts
    507

    Default

    I have a question.

    Does the ability Sheer Force affect Speed Priority or multiple-turn moves? As in Dragon Tail or Outrage on a Druddigon?
    Have a nice day

    Black FC: 3911-6974-2268
    -STUNFISK LAUGHS AT YOU!-

    "Yesterday is history, tomorrow is mystery, today is a gift, that's why it's called the present."

    Me? I'm dishonest, and a dishonest man you can always trust to be dishonest. Honestly. It's the honest ones you want to watch out for, because you can never predict when they're going to do something incredibly... stupid.

  22. #72
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Black City
    Posts
    7,241

    Default

    OK, I'm sure most of you already know that Pokéshifted Pokemon have a 50/50 chance of swapping abilities upon evolution, based on the PID. I have a Shellder I bred up in HG that I plan to Pokeshift once I get Black version, and evolve into Cloyster. Only reason I haven't already evolved it is because it needs to learn Razor Shell and Shell Break in the Shellder stage. See, it has Skill Link, as well as Icicle Spear and Rock Blast. And I do NOT want it to acquire Shell Armor when it becomes a Cloyster.

    My question; Would someone be able to tell me whether or not my Shellder will swap abilities in Unova if I were to provide its PID for someone to check? And if this isn't the right place to ask, could someone show me where the right place to ask is?



    PID: 2758009054 [A463E0DE] | Created by Method 3 | Gender Number: 222 | Ability: 0

    1 possibility


    So, could anyone possibly tell me whether my Shellder's ability will change to Shell Armor, or stay as Skill Link when I transfer and evolve it?

    I HAVE CLAIMED WEEZING. YOU ARE NOT WORTHY.
    The Hoenn of Hoenness- Chapter 5 up now!
    404 Error 2: File Not Found- Chapter 12 up now!
    Author profile

    Banner done by me. I do not do requests. The Shinies are not up for trade.

    Fizzy Bubbles info

  23. #73
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    10

    Default Ev training

    What stats would be recommended for EV training a Heracross and a Honchkrow in HGSS?

  24. #74
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    1,728

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by d0nut View Post
    Adamant LO Blaze can KO Jellicent with SE after a Swords Dance, though it might be a better idea to carry Baton Pass or Protect as you mentioned.
    Just saying, Speed Boost Blaziken is technically illegal until a female Torchic gets released in the dream world as Baton Pass is an egg move. PO hasn't implemented that yet however, so it can be used, but it really shouldn't.
    Quote Originally Posted by XxEpicsxX View Post
    Everything's possible, but that doesn't make it likely.
    ^What PAD needs to learn

        Spoiler:- Misc in a nutshell:

  25. #75

    Default

    Can someone let me know which pokemon I'm gonna want to kill as I go thru game for evs in stats; like pidgey raises speed and hes kind of in the wild in the beginning, I just wAnt to put the right stats in my pokemon early even kno they won't be my final ev trained perfections I just don't want them gimp ; example putting Att on a sp attacker.
    Sarkhan


    Tortarus Malfegor GlacierExpediaLucifer Optimus

Page 3 of 247 FirstFirst 12345671353103 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •