-A Moveset for a Timid Dark Arceus
    -A Hasty Palkia Set
    -A Spread and moveset for a Sassy Ubers Ferrothorne

-A Ho-Oh checker for a Rain dance ubers team

Next time post this in single ratings.

My OU Party
    Pokemon Trainer threw a Haxball
    I AM THE PROUD OWNER OF A 3DS
    Ioliolk-user bar Zekerom-pokeball Gladeshadow-team pose TheDarkDragons-fusion Pokegirlforever- Walking pokemon
    Big thanks to all of you

Alright, sorry, I went to sleep early because I'm sick:

Electivire can't learn Swords Dance, that's why. Also, set-up sweeper syndrome...
    Not really, most of my pokes have high attack stats. Having SD is just in case, but can you list some improvements or suggestions? Maybe Choice Band a couple of em?

Ix Dragonite xI, did you hack for ALL of your pokemon? that would explain a lot
    No, my old Electivire was, I admit that. But this new one was traded from GTS and migrated from SS to White. It came equipped with SD, so I was like why not?

EDIT: IT WORKS AT LAST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! IT WAS ELECTIVIRE, @DBK I LOVE YOU SO MUCH
    Pokemon White FC: 0905-3361-8306

Is Dark Pulse necessary on a Choice Specs Hydreigon? Is it even recommended? I see a huge crave for Dark Pulse Egg Move Deino's, and wasn't sure how necessary the Dark move was.

I plan on using Hydreigon's Choice Specs set, below:

- Draco Meteor
    - Dragon Pulse
    - Flamethrower
    - Surf / U-turn
    Item: Choice Specs
    Nature: Modest
    Ability: Levitate
    EVs: 64 HP / 252 SpA / 192 Spe

Why is it necessary to double up on STAB Dragon moves? Smogon mentions reliability, but I wasn't sure how much of a difference it made. I also know Draco Meteor reduces your Sp. Attk, which gives me reason to keep both it and Dragon Pulse as a precautionary.

Quote Originally Posted by Haxorusfan View Post
    Next time post this in single ratings.
    RMT is only if you completed it. If you are looking for a set, this is were you go.
    Which Kabutops do you think is better?

Adamant
    252 ATK/4 DEF/252 Speed

or

Jolly
    252 ATK/4 DEF/252 Speed
    As a swift swimmer, I say adamant. Outside of rain or SD+Weak Armor, Jolly.
    Venemo Oscuridad - 6 Battles
    My Secret Base, Version 2.

Alright, now a much less painful question:

How do stat drops work in Random Matchup, better said: How can you calculate the stat drops a Lv. 100 goes through when becoming Lv. 50 for Random Matchup?

Quote Originally Posted by Beck View Post
    Is Dark Pulse necessary on a Choice Specs Hydreigon? Is it even recommended? I see a huge crave for Dark Pulse Egg Move Deino's, and wasn't sure how necessary the Dark move was.

Why is it necessary to double up on STAB Dragon moves? Smogon mentions reliability, but I wasn't sure how much of a difference it made. I also know Draco Meteor reduces your Sp. Attk, which gives me reason to keep both it and Dragon Pulse as a precautionary.
    Dark Pulse isn't at all necessary, really. However, if you're having problems with Gengar, or Starmie or a common threat like that, then Dark Pulse is a fine move to use. Of course, that would probably be more apt of a scarfed set as you can switch in on resisted Shadow Balls / Surfs (respectively) and Destroy them with Dark Pulse, however, It might be over kill... There are a few 252/0 Starmies running around that would take more from dark pulse, but it's a matter of preference I feel.

The doubling up on STAB is purely for reliability, You can in midgame switch in and out wrecking things with Dmeteor, and then late game bring him out and clean up the weakened oponent's team with Dragon Pulse. Considering his coverage of Dragon / Fire / Water, which is pretty much unresisted, he has room to use two of the same STAB.

Should I bother using a Shiny Timid Archen? Really wish it was Jolly. =(

But is a SPAtk Sweeper Archeops viable since its SPAtk is pretty high too?

Pokemon Y FC: 4141-3041-1827

How would I get a latios with a timid nature to have hidden power fire? I'm gunna use pokesav to make once since getting one any other way it near impossible.

Question Help with team building

Alright:
    I need the following:

-A Hasty Palkia Set

Quote Originally Posted by Zenotwapal View Post
    Alright:
    I need the following:

Arceus-Dark @ Dread Plate
    Trait: Multitype
    EVs: 40 HP / 252 SAtk / 216 Spd
    Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
    - Calm Mind
    - Dark Pulse / Judgement
    - Focus Blast
    - ExtremeSpeed / Fire Blast

That's the best I can think of, however if you're using this to cover the Psychic type, I feel Darkrai would work better.

-A Hasty Palkia Set
    Palkia @ Choice Scarf
    Trait: Pressure
    EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
    Hasty Nature (+Spd, -Def)
    - Outrage / Draco Meteor
    - Thunder
    - Surf / Aqua Tail
    - Spacial Rend

This is pretty much the standard.

Ferrothorn (M) @ Leftovers
    Trait: Iron Barbs
    EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SDef
    Sassy Nature (+SDef, -Spd)
    - Stealth Rock
    - Leech Seed
    - Thunder Wave
    - Power Whip

If you're running rain, then Kyogre can Check Ho-Oh
    Is that what you were looking for?

everybody knows they can go to the pokemon of the week page on the main site or go to smogon for common sets for pokemon, right?

I have claimed Giratina

Quote Originally Posted by Danny1221 View Post
    How would I get a latios with a timid nature to have hidden power fire? I'm gunna use pokesav to make once since getting one any other way it near impossible.
    You gotta SR until it's IVs are the right combination and to get the proper nature. If you already saved, and it doesn't have HP Fire or the proper nature, then you're sol.

In bold: And I wouldn't go around advertising that, btw.

Edit:
    Quote Originally Posted by Ix Dragonite xI View Post
    1) No, my old Electivire was, I admit that. But this new one was traded from GTS and migrated from SS to White. It came equipped with SD, so I was like why not?

2) EDIT: IT WORKS AT LAST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! IT WAS ELECTIVIRE, @DBK I LOVE YOU SO MUCH
    1) That's why I don't trade over the GTS.

2) Uh..................
    MY FIRST EVER RANDOM SHINY!: (4/15/2011)

If you add me P/VM me.

Spoiler:- CREDITS:

I'm thinking of using a Tangrowth for online.

I think I might use:
    252 def, 252 hp and 4 sp.def
    Relaxed nature
    holding leftovers
    Leech seed
    Giga drain
    earthquake
    Sleep powder.

Is this a good setup and do you have any suggestions on other moves?

Quote Originally Posted by bean1706 View Post
    I'm thinking of using a Tangrowth for online.

I think I might use:
    252 def, 252 hp and 4 sp.def
    Relaxed nature
    holding leftovers
    Leech seed
    Giga drain
    earthquake
    Sleep powder.

Is this a good setup and do you have any suggestions on other moves?
    The amount of coverage is questionable, and would probably struggle in higher tiers but I imagine if you kept it against intended targets it could have some success. Substitute wouldn't be a bad idea, Maybe over sleep powder or Earthquake, and then if you run it in a sun team it'll be pretty much untouchable; might require some EV tweaking. Running it in the sun is probably the best idea, otherwise it's a kind of outclassed by Breloom.
    Big Root would be a great item option, also.

Tangela/Tangrowth DW ability, Regenerator, is very nice as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Primera Stark View Post

No cos every **** uses IV shiny hax00r that's the reason also why noone anwsered they were thinkin ''omg just hax00r to the right nature and 1k ivs, ok 31.''

;(?
    BLACK FC: 5114 3566 8106

Quote Originally Posted by Primera Stark View Post

It's not very viable at all. And it's not because I think you should just hax0r the right nature. His special movepool is very limited, your best bet at STAB is ancient power, which is pretty poor. So the best you can hope for is some sort of mixed set made out of: Earth Power / U turn / Acrobatics / Stone Edge :/

Hiya, I have a little query i need answering please.

In other gens you had to get to lvl 100 to get all the added Ev's onto your stats before if i remembered correctly. However in this gen they get added on therefore you could ev train a lvl 100. Well my question is, do you still need ot train pokemon that has been ev trained to lvl 100 to get all the extra stats?

I have 3 ev trained pokes I use in competitive battles and they are around lvl 60. The game puts the pokemons to lvl 50 during online battles so would I need to get to level 100 to get the extra stats or not bother? Thanks a lot!

Quote Originally Posted by Simplymagic View Post
    Hiya, I have a little query i need answering please.

In other gens you had to get to lvl 100 to get all the added Ev's onto your stats before if i remembered correctly. However in this gen they get added on therefore you could ev train a lvl 100. Well my question is, do you still need ot train pokemon that has been ev trained to lvl 100 to get all the extra stats?

I have 3 ev trained pokes I use in competitive battles and they are around lvl 60. The game puts the pokemons to lvl 50 during online battles so would I need to get to level 100 to get the extra stats or not bother? Thanks a lot!
    All of the stats from EVs will be added. If your pokemon is EV trained to the maximum, meaning it has allocated 510 EVs over all, then you won't be able to EV train it any more. Similarly, if your pokemon has 255 EVs in one stat, it will not be able to gain any more EVs in that stat.

Quote Originally Posted by Tbird View Post
    It's not very viable at all. And it's not because I think you should just hax0r the right nature. His special movepool is very limited, your best bet at STAB is ancient power, which is pretty poor. So the best you can hope for is some sort of mixed set made out of: Earth Power / U turn / Acrobatics / Stone Edge :/
    Earth Power is Egg Move. =(

Guess I will look for Jolly one, or just use plain bluish one, ugh.

Quote Originally Posted by Tbird View Post
    All of the stats from EVs will be added. If your pokemon is EV trained to the maximum, meaning it has allocated 510 EVs over all, then you won't be able to EV train it any more. Similarly, if your pokemon has 255 EVs in one stat, it will not be able to gain any more EVs in that stat.
    Ok thakns for the reply. Much appreciated! =]

No one answered my previous question: How do stat changes work when downgrading from Lv. 100 to Lv. 50?

Also, what does broken mean to you? I've used the term A LOT, but never got a dictionary definition.

Quote Originally Posted by Ix Dragonite xI View Post
    No one answered my previous question: How do stat changes work when downgrading from Lv. 100 to Lv. 50?

Also, what does broken mean to you? I've used the term A LOT, but never got a dictionary definition.
    well your pokemon have hidden stats called Individual Values, which vary how strong your pokemon are in each stat. your stat at each level is dependent on your base stat and your IV. the stat at each level can be calculated, which is how it decides what it is at 50. Effort Values (stat bonuses for battling pokemon) are added in addition to that stat. so if you have 20 effort values in speed, your speed will he 5 points higher at level 20, 50, or 100

"broken" if I understand correctly refers to something being so strong that there is not counter, so it breaks the game. like if there was nothing non-uber that could survive a garchomp hit and KO it back, it is considered broken

I have claimed Giratina

What would be a good mixmence set/ ev spread? Now that we have new counters and checks/ walls. Also DW Ditto has imposter@ a scarf could kill almost anything. So what would be the most effective mixmence set in this generation?

EDIT: Also, can salamence learn any priority moves? I planning to use gorebyss@white herb to shell smash baton pass to salamence. Salamence needs a priority moves or else it will be pwned by any ice type move.

White Fc:
    0261 0212 6233
    Name: NICK

I Need:
    Jolly DW Dratini with 31 IV in attack and speed (or flawless) EGGMOVES: Extreme Speed.
    Brave, Flawless (0 speed IV) DW Likckitung

CAN BE RNG'd or CLONED

Offering any 4th gen pokemon (flawless, EV'd)
    DISCLAIMER: I get my Pokemon from an RNGer and the pokemon MAY be cloned.

99% of the people on this forum know what a pokemon is. If you are part of this 99%, copy and paste this into your sig. - Started by dragonite0217

I will not be active for a while, on vacation.

Page 52 of 247 FirstFirst ... 24248495051525354555662102152 ... LastLast