Page 53 of 246 FirstFirst ... 34349505152535455565763103153 ... LastLast
Results 1,301 to 1,325 of 6149

Thread: Ask a Question Thread - READ FIRST POST

well your pokemon have hidden stats called Individual Values, which vary how strong your pokemon are in each stat. your stat at each level is dependent on your base stat and your IV. the stat at each level can be calculated, which is how it decides what it is at 50. Effort Values (stat bonuses for battling pokemon) are added in addition to that stat. so if you have 20 effort values in speed, your speed will he 5 points higher at level 20, 50, or 100
    So, if my DNite has 385 Atk. and 31 IVs in Attack, what would it be at Lv. 50? I know the whole concept of IVs, no need to explain it. Thanks in advance!
    Pokemon White FC: 0905-3361-8306

Quote Originally Posted by Ix Dragonite xI View Post
    So, if my DNite has 385 Atk. and 31 IVs in Attack, what would it be at Lv. 50? I know the whole concept of IVs, no need to explain it. Thanks in advance!
    There's probably a calculation for that somewhere, however, if you have access to Pokemon Online, then the team builder can tell you what your stats would be at level 50, by changing the level of the desired pokemon from whatever level you have it at currently, to level 50.

Edit: from level 100 with 385 in attack to level 50, that's 194 Atk (I used an adamant nature with 31 IVs and 184 attack EVs)

Does anyone know which moody user is better? Bibarel or Octillery. Depending which one, can i have a set for one?

New Bible Verse of the Week: Zephaniah 2:3
    Seek the Lord, all you humble of the earth who have carried out His ordinances; seek righteousness, seek humility. Perhaps you will be hidden in the day of the Lord’s anger.

I believe the moody ability is banned from standard play, however I would imagine Bibarel to be the better of the two.

The set would probably be something like;
    Bibarel @ Leftovers
    Moody
    Bold
    252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
    - Substitute
    - Protect
    - Toxic
    - Surf

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonite0217 View Post
    What would be a good mixmence set/ ev spread? Now that we have new counters and checks/ walls. Also DW Ditto has imposter@ a scarf could kill almost anything. So what would be the most effective mixmence set in this generation?

EDIT: Also, can salamence learn any priority moves? I planning to use gorebyss@white herb to shell smash baton pass to salamence. Salamence needs a priority moves or else it will be pwned by any ice type move.
    Salamence does not get any priority moves. If you're looking for a priority dragon, Dragonite with its ExtremeSpeed would be your best shot. That said, would you want to use Dragonite instead? Check Smogon's analysis (http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3447132). The last set listed would probably be the one you want.
    Team Building Guide For Beginners!

Trade Thread - has free flawless dittos! (both english and japanese)

FC: 2365-5113-5595 (White)

I believe the moody ability is banned from standard play, however I would imagine Bibarel to be the better of the two.

The set would probably be something like;
    Bibarel @ Leftovers
    Moody
    Bold
    252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
    - Substitute
    - Protect
    - Toxic
    - Surf
    Yes moody is banned but Bibarel and Remoraid are available via dream world

Seek the Lord, all you humble of the earth who have carried out His ordinances; seek righteousness, seek humility. Perhaps you will be hidden in the day of the Lord’s anger.

IDK I dont know the exact formula. go to the battle subway if you are really curious. it works the same way for everything though so its not a big deal. EVs become more important though

I have claimed Giratina

Quote Originally Posted by AromaFlora View Post
    Salamence does not get any priority moves. If you're looking for a priority dragon, Dragonite with its ExtremeSpeed would be your best shot. That said, would you want to use Dragonite instead? Check Smogon's analysis (http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3447132). The last set listed would probably be the one you want.
    Yes, I am a dragonite fan. I prefer him over Salamence because of his bulk and vast movepool. But, will 2 shell smashes from gorebyss make up for the lost speed, attack, and special attack? Also, would gorebyss survive long enough to perform 2 shell smashes and a baton pass? I'm mainly looking for a mixed dragon that can rip holes into teams early so my tanks/ other sweeeprs can later on clean up. So would any other DRAGON (has to be dragon) fit this role better?

EDIT: Or should I use a dragon to clean up late game as apposed to early game (dragonite does this better)...

White Fc:
    0261 0212 6233
    Name: NICK

I Need:
    Jolly DW Dratini with 31 IV in attack and speed (or flawless) EGGMOVES: Extreme Speed.
    Brave, Flawless (0 speed IV) DW Likckitung

CAN BE RNG'd or CLONED

Offering any 4th gen pokemon (flawless, EV'd)
    DISCLAIMER: I get my Pokemon from an RNGer and the pokemon MAY be cloned.

99% of the people on this forum know what a pokemon is. If you are part of this 99%, copy and paste this into your sig. - Started by dragonite0217

I will not be active for a while, on vacation.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonite0217 View Post
    Yes, I am a dragonite fan. I prefer him over Salamence because of his bulk and vast movepool. But, will 2 shell smashes from gorebyss make up for the lost speed, attack, and special attack? Also, would gorebyss survive long enough to perform 2 shell smashes and a baton pass? I'm mainly looking for a mixed dragon that can rip holes into teams early so my tanks/ other sweeeprs can later on clean up. So would any other DRAGON (has to be dragon) fit this role better?
    Would 2!? Definitely, remember shell smash gives a +2 to all of the attacking stats; with 1 Shell Smash passed Dragonite would tear holes through pretty much anything. Remember to use a white herb on Gorebyss, as to not tarnish Dragonite's bulk.

Quote Originally Posted by Tbird View Post
    Would 2!? Definitely, remember shell smash gives a +2 to all of the attacking stats; with 1 Shell Smash passed Dragonite would tear holes through pretty much anything. Remember to use a white herb on Gorebyss, as to not tarnish Dragonite's bulk.
    OOPS! I thought shell smash only raises atk, sp. atk and spe by 1 and lowers def and spD by one. But would any other dragon be better for the job?

White Fc:
    0261 0212 6233
    Name: NICK

I Need:
    Jolly DW Dratini with 31 IV in attack and speed (or flawless) EGGMOVES: Extreme Speed.
    Brave, Flawless (0 speed IV) DW Likckitung

CAN BE RNG'd or CLONED

Offering any 4th gen pokemon (flawless, EV'd)
    DISCLAIMER: I get my Pokemon from an RNGer and the pokemon MAY be cloned.

99% of the people on this forum know what a pokemon is. If you are part of this 99%, copy and paste this into your sig. - Started by dragonite0217

I will not be active for a while, on vacation.

DO Evs gained as a Nincada count towards Shedinja?
    Black FC: 1420 6671 4175

I have claimed Reptileon, The Dragon Eeveelution!

Credit to gladeshadow

Bulbapedia says yes about Shedinja.
    (I didn't make the puzzle, I just completed it.)

70% of the Serebii population uses ultra powerful legendaries (also known as ubers) in their teams. If you are one of the 30% that thinks outside the box and doesn't use ubers, copy and paste this into your signature! (Started by SapphireL)

Can Destiny Bond fail? My chompy was battling a Weezing who DBed, and when I was wasn't paying attention, Weezing died but Chomp didn't... Explain?
    Pokemon White FC: 0905-3361-8306

Quick question relating to Emolga. As of late I've been looking for a new spammer because my Braviary just gets walled and that is when I came across an Emolga. I eved it in Speed, Spatk and hp; its move set is voltswitch (will probably change to Uturn due to ground types), Thunderbolt and Thunderwave. So is Emolga a good pokemon for spamming and what should I do for its final move currently I have aerial ace just for a flying move in the battle tower Also it is Timid natured. Also what items should it hold? Thanks!

What do you mean by spamming?

Quote Originally Posted by Tbird View Post
    What do you mean by spamming?
    like hit and runs with thunderwave and switching to ferrothorn with Uturn.
    70% of the Serebii population uses ultra powerful legendaries (also known as ubers) in their teams. If you are one of the 30% that thinks outside the box and doesn't use ubers, copy and paste this into your signature! (Started by SapphireL)

I'd imagine, with what you have, a set of:

252 HP / 4 SpA /252 Spe
    Timid
    - Thunderwave
    - Elecric Ball
    - U turn
    - Volt Switch

Could work, but any old move could work in the last spot just a filler. Agility would make Electric Ball hit hard as hell combined with thunderwave.

Can Destiny Bond fail? My chompy was battling a Weezing who DBed, and when I was wasn't paying attention, Weezing died but Chomp didn't... Explain?

It only lasts one turn, so...

Is my idea of using a Leafon (DW Ability) with Grasswhistle/Syntheis/Sunny Day/ Leaf blade to stall foes a good idea?
    COOL FACT, IF YOU WANT TO TRADE WITH ME POST IT ON MY TRADESHOP SO I GET BUMP'd PKMN R'US, My Trade Shop Credit to Draya The Dark Master for the UB
    [IMG]http://i38.*******.com/mj5ycy.png[/IMG]

^ Sorry, but Grasswhistle is unreliable, but could work. Synthesis doesn't work well in the sand(which is very common) Sunny Day could better be set up by Ninetales. Leaf Blade is good though. The only stall set I can think of is Toxic/Wish/Protect/Leaf Blade. Chloryphyl(lol spelled wrong) doesn't help stalling very much, leaf guard would be better for stalling. If you really want to run chloryphyl use a swords dance sweeper.

Does pokerus still double evs when your pokemon is immune to it?

no, because It can’t catch the disease after it is gone

Quote Originally Posted by Pichu47 View Post
    no, because It can’t catch the disease after it is gone
    That's weird then because my tangrowth can't take iron even though it only has 100 evs in the stat.

Quote Originally Posted by bean1706 View Post
    That's weird then because my tangrowth can't take iron even though it only has 100 evs in the stat.
    That's because vitamins can only give you 100 EVs in any stat. You have to train your poke for the rest. And you can only have 510 EVs total for any one pokemon.
    MY FIRST EVER RANDOM SHINY!: (4/15/2011)

If you add me P/VM me.

Spoiler:- CREDITS:

^well that’s because using irons or other jars of the vitamins you can only get up to 100 Ev’s in each stat. EDIT: Arggghh, ninja'd

Page 53 of 246 FirstFirst ... 34349505152535455565763103153 ... LastLast