Page 54 of 247 FirstFirst ... 44450515253545556575864104154 ... LastLast
Results 1,326 to 1,350 of 6151

Thread: Ask a Question Thread - READ FIRST POST

Quote Originally Posted by Pichu47 View Post
    EDIT: Arggghh, ninja'd
    You need more practice, young grasshopper.
    MY FIRST EVER RANDOM SHINY!: (4/15/2011)

If you add me P/VM me.

Spoiler:- CREDITS:

Quote Originally Posted by DBK View Post
    That's because vitamins can only give you 100 EVs in any stat. You have to train your poke for the rest. And you can only have 510 EVs total for any one pokemon.
    So in the future I should use vitamins before putting evs into the stat?

Quote Originally Posted by bean1706 View Post
    So in the future I should use vitamins before putting evs into the stat?
    That's the recommended way.

Edit: Vitamins only give you the first 100 EVs, not the second, so you would have to do the vitamins first, then EV train.

If you add me P/VM me.

When breeding DW abilities, does one need to hold an everstone?
    Have a nice day

Black FC: 3911-6974-2268
    -STUNFISK LAUGHS AT YOU!-

"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is mystery, today is a gift, that's why it's called the present."

Me? I'm dishonest, and a dishonest man you can always trust to be dishonest. Honestly. It's the honest ones you want to watch out for, because you can never predict when they're going to do something incredibly... stupid.

No, but the female needs to have a dream world ability

Quote Originally Posted by bean1706 View Post
    Does pokerus still double evs when your pokemon is immune to it?
    As long as they had it in the past, they will gain double EVs.
    When breeding DW abilities, does one need to hold an everstone?
    Nope, just ask my PH gliscor.
    Venemo Oscuridad - 6 Battles
    My Secret Base, Version 2.

So Im thinking about getting a new team together for PO DW tier with prankster volbeat as my lead. for those of yall that just went WTF: volbeat is the only non-uber poke with tail glow, which now gives +3 SA. add in prankster (its DW ability) and you are 90% certain of baton passing +3 SA.

So now Im trying to think of someone to pass to. Preferably special-based and fast without a scarf (I think outrunning garchomp is a good base). an awesome DW ability would be awesome as well, since this is on PO and it doesnt matter if it doesnt exist yet

I have claimed Giratina

Hey everyone! I have 2 questions and a problem:

1. Are all DW pokemon female?? Its ticking me off
    2. What does getting ninja'd mean/

Problem: Ever since I swapped my Scizor for Reuniclus (forgive spelling) Random Matchup has been jacked up. Wtf? Its legit: Thunder, Recover, Psychic (why is psyshock recommended though?), and Focus Blast. I can get into a game, but it'll freeze when I try throwing out my first pokemon, or it says Connection failed. ARGH! I also posted this on Nintendo's main tech forum, but maybe someone here...? (DBK, I'm looking at you :P)
    Pokemon White FC: 0905-3361-8306

1) no they're not all female
    2) it means someone posted or responded faster than you could

As for the latter issue, I have no idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Ix Dragonite xI View Post
    Hey everyone! I have 2 questions and a problem:

1. Are all DW pokemon female?? Its ticking me off
    2. What does getting ninja'd mean/

Problem: Ever since I swapped my Scizor for Reuniclus (forgive spelling) Random Matchup has been jacked up. Wtf? Its legit: Thunder, Recover, Psychic (why is psyshock recommended though?), and Focus Blast. I can get into a game, but it'll freeze when I try throwing out my first pokemon, or it says Connection failed. ARGH! I also posted this on Nintendo's main tech forum, but maybe someone here...? (DBK, I'm looking at you :P)
    1) No. There are males out there. However, the starters and the eeveelutions are always male.

2) It means that someone posted exactly what you posted and got it in just before you did.

Your poke sounds legit. I would take a look at your router and make sure it's playing nice with your DS. Reset the connections settings on the DS, too.

Now stop looking at me, you're creeping me out.

edit: Semi-ninja'd......damn you Tbird!

If you add me P/VM me.

^ getting DW females is preferred so you can breed pokemon with that ability. they are usually harder to find though (I speculate it has something to do with the minigame score)

I will say though I have more connection issues with BW than 4th gen. I have been dropped quite a few time involuntarily. you prob have a similar problem

EDIT: ninja'd lol

I have claimed Giratina

Quote Originally Posted by kaiser soze View Post
    So Im thinking about getting a new team together for PO DW tier with prankster volbeat as my lead. for those of yall that just went WTF: volbeat is the only non-uber poke with tail glow, which now gives +3 SA. add in prankster (its DW ability) and you are 90% certain of baton passing +3 SA.

So now Im trying to think of someone to pass to. Preferably special-based and fast without a scarf (I think outrunning garchomp is a good base). an awesome DW ability would be awesome as well, since this is on PO and it doesnt matter if it doesnt exist yet

Starmie, Lati@s, Gengar, Thundurus, those are some off the top of my head that all have good move coverage, and 110+ Spe

@bean1706, ev's still double after pokerus has faded

Quote Originally Posted by kaiser soze View Post
    ^ getting DW females is preferred so you can breed pokemon with that ability. they are usually harder to find though (I speculate it has something to do with the minigame score)

I will say though I have more connection issues with BW than 4th gen. I have been dropped quite a few time involuntarily. you prob have a similar problem

EDIT: ninja'd lol
    Congrats for having post 1337 :|

At any rate, the female part is absolutely right since females are the ones who pass the Dream World ability to baby Pokemon. I know it sounds weird, but I wanted a female Mamoswine from DW, but unfortunately he is male. Why? Because Thick Fat is an amazing ability which gives Mamoswine the much needed fire neutrality and ice resistance, but they denied ICE SHARD, which is pretty much a BIG reason why Mamoswine is in teams. Since Ice Shard is obtained during Swinub's stage and it no longer learns that as Piloswine or Mamoswine, all my hopes of getting a Thick Fat Mamoswine with Ice Shard is gone. Sigh.

@ Ix Dragonite xI: Check Reuniclus's ability. I don't know... but when I tried to link with a friend of mine, one of his Pokemon had NO ability whatsoever that it just crashed the game every time we went on Wifi to trade or to battle. We found out after that same Bidoof crashed the battle. But then again, this may not be your situation, but try to see what's wrong.
    † I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

I had to open ports to get DS to be playing nice in the sandbox, it seems that was the problem. Thank you everyone else for helping out as well!

@DBK, I'm not gay, so obviously I'm not gay for you, you are simply... my mentor.

Also, can someone please answer this: can destiny bond fail? And should I make room for Trick Room on reuniclus? Only chomp has above 300 speed. My reuniclus currently has Thunder, Psychic, Recover, and Focus Blast.

EDIT: I'm homophobic. Just putting that out there.

If you have pokemon that benefit from Trick Room and your Reuniclus can pull it off quickly, then go for it.

I don't know if it can, unless the DB clause is in effect.

Your mentor has spoken.......

If you add me P/VM me.

Not PO, random matchup. Both times a poke used DB, my chomp used SD...

Will it be necessary to invest in speed for this dragonite because it has extreme speed so other priority moves won't bother me. It is a mixed sweeper.

‘’Drangar’’ the Dragonite @ Life Orb
    Multiscale
    ???
    252 atk/ 252 spA
    -Flamethrower/ Fire Blast
    -Dragon Claw/ Outrage
    - Extreme Speed
    - Roost

Also, would it be better to use this early, mid or late game?

White Fc:
    0261 0212 6233
    Name: NICK

I Need:
    Jolly DW Dratini with 31 IV in attack and speed (or flawless) EGGMOVES: Extreme Speed.
    Brave, Flawless (0 speed IV) DW Likckitung

CAN BE RNG'd or CLONED

Offering any 4th gen pokemon (flawless, EV'd)
    DISCLAIMER: I get my Pokemon from an RNGer and the pokemon MAY be cloned.

99% of the people on this forum know what a pokemon is. If you are part of this 99%, copy and paste this into your sig. - Started by dragonite0217

I will not be active for a while, on vacation.

Is this the right place for asking this?

I have a question: In triple battle, when my pokemon on, say, most left side use follow me to attract any attack, what happen to the opponent on farthest place from the follow me user? would it fail if the move that not listed here? Or it will not affected by the follow me user?

i have an belly drum hypno transferred from my Fire red to my platinum.However,my platinum is on an R4 card,therefore i cant poke transfer.How do i transfer him to gen 5. I did using pokegen,copying everything from gen 4 to gen 5,but when go to random match up he just cant be use.

Quote Originally Posted by minh7194576 View Post
    i have an belly drum hypno transferred from my Fire red to my platinum.However,my platinum is on an R4 card,therefore i cant poke transfer.How do i transfer him to gen 5. I did using pokegen,copying everything from gen 4 to gen 5,but when go to random match up he just cant be use.
    I don't think the Serebii forums encourages hacking pokemon or the use of any external devices. So until that's cleared up for me, I won't be able to answer this.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonite0217 View Post
    Will it be necessary to invest in speed for this dragonite because it has extreme speed so other priority moves won't bother me. It is a mixed sweeper.

‘’Drangar’’ the Dragonite @ Life Orb
    Multiscale
    ???
    252 atk/ 252 spA
    -Flamethrower/ Fire Blast
    -Dragon Claw/ Outrage
    - Extreme Speed
    - Roost

Also, would it be better to use this early, mid or late game?
    This set is often used as a lead set. I would recommend Lum berry over Life orb and seeing as it's multiscale you lack Super Power, which is arguably better for this set. So if it's not too much trouble, I would suggest going non Dream World and running:

‘’Drangar’’ the Dragonite @ Lum Berry
    Inner Focus (I believe)
    Quiet
    252 atk/ 252 spA / 4 Spe
    - Flamethrower/ Fire Blast
    - Draco Meteor
    - Extreme Speed
    - Super Power

4 Spe so you can out speed Scizor / TTar / Skarmory

1. What EV's should I put into my Calm Mind Musharna (252HP, don't know what to put into SpA and SpD)?
    2. Does Guts boosts both Attack and Special Attack, or just your Attack stat?

Quote Originally Posted by Vodka Haze View Post
    1. What EV's should I put into my Calm Mind Musharna (252HP, don't know what to put into SpA and SpD)?
    1. I'd say go for 252 HP/252 Def/4 SpA. You're boosting both Special Defence and Special Attack anyway so the differences aren't that imporant when you have a couple of boosts under your belt.

2. No, just Attack
    Quote Originally Posted by XxEpicsxX View Post
    Everything's possible, but that doesn't make it likely.
    ^What PAD needs to learn

Spoiler:- Misc in a nutshell:

Quote Originally Posted by Vodka Haze View Post
    1) Use a standard spread: 252 HP/4 SpA/252 SpD

2) Just Attack.

edit: Damn, ninja'd....

If you add me P/VM me.

Question about the +4 EV 1/2 Speed braces. (Power Belt, Macho Brace, Power Anklet etc)

What does it mean by cuts speed in half? If I want to EV train my Deino for Special Attack and Speed, wouldn't putting a brace on it be bad?

Does it cut the EV's already gained in speed by half, the base by half, or the current amount of Speed in half?

I am confused. Thanks

The brace cuts the Speed in half as long as you have it attached. It's good for Training, but once your Deino's EVs are done you obviously want to have a different item on it.

I've just been EV Training this time without the Power Items; it's a lot simpler now.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Requiem
    Cross Country ftw.

Page 54 of 247 FirstFirst ... 44450515253545556575864104154 ... LastLast