Page 6 of 246 FirstFirst ... 23456789101656106 ... LastLast

Thread: Ask a Question Thread - READ FIRST POST

Default Power Swap

Not sure whether this is the right place to be asking this, but how exactly does the move Power Swap work? I'm thinking of using it with Accelgor but only if it works in the way I think it does.

As far as I gathered if my hypothetical Accelgor used Powerswap on a Metagross, with say an Attack of 405 and a Sp Atk of 200, would Accelgor get an attack of 405 and Sp Atk of 200 and replace the Metagross' stats with the Accelgor's orginal ones? Or does it just swap over stat modifiers?

Any help will be very appreciated.

Okay, so if I have a flying gem equipped, and I use acrobatics, will my acrobatics be base 55*1.5 boost from the gem, or will it be 110*1.5 because the gem disappears after it is used, allowing for the doubling damage of acrobatics?

Kind of hard to test with a lvl100 pokemon.

This seems like the right place to post so, I would like to ask whats the best moves and EV's sets for a Timid Volcarona.
    Platinum
    Name:Eric
    FC:0044-8708-6853

I don't know where else to ask so I'm asking here.

For Celebi... Modest or Timid? I was thinking Timid but I got a modest one with fantastic IV.

IV: 26 14 31 16 30 30.

Quote Originally Posted by Vortiene View Post
    Okay, so if I have a flying gem equipped, and I use acrobatics, will my acrobatics be base 55*1.5 boost from the gem, or will it be 110*1.5 because the gem disappears after it is used, allowing for the doubling damage of acrobatics?

Kind of hard to test with a lvl100 pokemon.
    Logically thinking the Gem wouldn't be gone until after the attack, but I don't KNOW or anything. My assumption would be 55*1.5
    WANTED
    GAMESTP Raikou
    Timid Darkrai (Trainable or EVd)

AVAILABLE
    TRU Arceus
    GAMESTP Entei & Suicune
    WIN2011 Celebi
    TRU Shaymin

<.< Got Togetic Twice and Alakazam once. I liked multiple options for some questions so tried a few different ways. Honestly I'm probably more Alakazam-y.

Would a Deino/ Hydreigon be able to get both Earth Power and Dark Pulse as egg moves or is it not possibly viable?
    Also, are there any major differences between the Vitamins (such as Calcium) and the Wings (such as Health Wing)?

When you send TTar into battle, how long does his sandstorm last. Does it last for the whole battle, until TTar dies, or for ____ turns???

My OU Party
    Pokemon Trainer threw a Haxball
    I AM THE PROUD OWNER OF A 3DS
    Ioliolk-user bar Zekerom-pokeball Gladeshadow-team pose TheDarkDragons-fusion Pokegirlforever- Walking pokemon
    Big thanks to all of you

I'm new the whole competative battle thing, so I decided to try to make a dragon team. My initial thoughts were Reshiram, Zekrom, Kyurem, Garchomp, Rayquaza, and Latios. I'm not sure if this will even work or if there are too many holes, and I was hoping to get some feedback and advice from the more experienced.

Quote Originally Posted by Haxorusfan View Post
    When you send TTar into battle, how long does his sandstorm last. Does it last for the whole battle, until TTar dies, or for ____ turns???
    His sandstorm is permanent. But if the foe uses Sunny Day or Rain Dance, etc. or sends in another weather abuser, the weather is canceled.
    I'm tired of signatures...

thanks for the help artbomber. U Rock!!!

My OU Party
    Pokemon Trainer threw a Haxball
    I AM THE PROUD OWNER OF A 3DS
    Ioliolk-user bar Zekerom-pokeball Gladeshadow-team pose TheDarkDragons-fusion Pokegirlforever- Walking pokemon
    Big thanks to all of you

I'm new the whole competative battle thing, so I decided to try to make a dragon team. My initial thoughts were Reshiram, Zekrom, Kyurem, Garchomp, Rayquaza, and Latios. I'm not sure if this will even work or if there are too many holes, and I was hoping to get some feedback and advice from the more experienced.
    I think your entire team could be sweeped by a pokemon with an ice move. You might want to add in dialga/palkia for dragon's that aren't hit as hard by ice. I would recommend putting one or two pokemon in that resist ice. Just my opinion though.

BTW, for a quiver dance Volcarona set would heat wave or fire dance be better?

New Bible Verse of the Week: Zephaniah 2:3
    Seek the Lord, all you humble of the earth who have carried out His ordinances; seek righteousness, seek humility. Perhaps you will be hidden in the day of the Lord’s anger.

What's better for Jellicent in comp battle? Water Absorb or Cursed Body?

3DS: 5413 1009 1553

Quote Originally Posted by Pichu47 View Post
    I think your entire team could be sweeped by a pokemon with an ice move. You might want to add in dialga/palkia for dragon's that aren't hit as hard by ice. I would recommend putting one or two pokemon in that resist ice. Just my opinion though.

BTW, for a quiver dance Volcarona set would heat wave or fire dance be better?
    Personally, I would go with Fiery Dance. The base power is a bit lower, but the ability to snag a +1 Sp Atk boost is really nice. Considering Quiver Dance is all about doing damage as well as possible, get a few extra boosts always helps.

Quote Originally Posted by Del Mundo View Post
    What's better for Jellicent in comp battle? Water Absorb or Cursed Body?
    Water Absorb all the way. The ability to have an immunity to water as well as heal from it is great. Cursed Body is nice I suppose, but not super necessary. Giving a wall like Jellicent a Normal, Fighting and Water resist is too good to pass up.

How are we supposed to check our IV's in this 5th gen? there are no level 100 battles at all, not even the Nimbasa battle institute is helping as i can't enter my level 1 Deinos.

Thanks to My sister for this godlike Banner!

What dragon pokemon should i use on my team?
    You can name some others, but i'm looking towards haxorous, hydreigon, altaria, dragonite or druddigon. i don't want any legendaries or garchomps either. who should i chose
    Also, who is a good fire type pokemon? thanks

Quote Originally Posted by floatzel98 View Post
    What dragon pokemon should i use on my team?
    You can name some others, but i'm looking towards haxorous, hydreigon, altaria, dragonite or druddigon. i don't want any legendaries or garchomps either. who should i chose
    Also, who is a good fire type pokemon? thanks
    Darmanitan is pretty good, it'll deal a ton of damage even if "it's not very effective" but it gets outclassed by ape and SB Blaziken.

Thanks to My sister for this godlike Banner!

Quote Originally Posted by DrJo View Post
    How are we supposed to check our IV's in this 5th gen? there are no level 100 battles at all, not even the Nimbasa battle institute is helping as i can't enter my level 1 Deinos.
    IVs can be checked in the Gear Station in Nimbasa City (post-E4). A man in the Subway station will tell you your Pokemon's IVs.
    /

Current Omega Ruby team plan

I just caught Kyurem, is an IV spread of 29/28/27/4/16/26 with a timid nature good? Kind of bummed about the special attack.
    SS FC: 1935 3038 6941

Sadly the Special Attack is what makes it useless. With those IVs your Kyurem has about 117 base Special Attack. I would get another one.

Ok. I'm quite new the competitive battling. I've EV trained and IV bred stuff (like my Porygon-Z last year) but what I want to know is what makes a team successful? I know it's the strategy and movesets, but I don't know things like 'what is a good lead' and stuff. I don't know anything meta-gamey like. I only know TCG metagame (lol).
    It's hard for me to say what I'm asking, but I'm just basically in a spot where I need to know some things. I currently have a Hydreigon EV trained but I don't know what'll go with it. When it comes to a team, I think I'm doing it wrong. I just think of some good sweepers, a tank/wall and some other things. What makes a moveset good? Stuff like that.
    Could anyone help me out a bit?

Spoiler:- Shinies:

Zek/Eels

Black Version FC: 1807-1372-7610
    No voice chat when we are battling or trading please!

Timid nature Kyurem with 24/8/0/28/12/20 worth keeping?

Or Modest with 25/12/15/11/12/31?
    SS FC: 1935 3038 6941

So, I'm finally able to get Zorua. I love the little guy. He's so cute and his story is a bit sad.

However.... I don't want to evolve him, and I don't want him to be utterly useless, so I'd like to EV Train him.

I can come up with a moveset on my own. What I'd like is a suggestion for the EV spread and nature.

For reference, base stats for Zorua are:
    HP: 40
    Attack: 65
    Defense: 40
    Sp.Atk: 80
    Sp.Def: 40
    Speed: 65

So, I'm finally able to get Zorua. I love the little guy. He's so cute and his story is a bit sad.

However.... I don't want to evolve him, and I don't want him to be utterly useless, so I'd like to EV Train him.

I can come up with a moveset on my own. What I'd like is a suggestion for the EV spread and nature.

For reference, base stats for Zorua are:
    HP: 40
    Attack: 65
    Defense: 40
    Sp.Atk: 80
    Sp.Def: 40
    Speed: 65
    I sure hope you are using him for little cup because he is pretty useless. Actually, now that I think about it, you could really suprise opponents in NU. I recommend timid nature wtih max speed max special attack. Hope it helps.

BTW, can anyone come up with a set for porygon 2?

New Bible Verse of the Week: Zephaniah 2:3
    Seek the Lord, all you humble of the earth who have carried out His ordinances; seek righteousness, seek humility. Perhaps you will be hidden in the day of the Lord’s anger.

I probably won't use him competitively at all. I mean, I'm not a complete idiot. I more of just want to have an excuse to pull him out of my box now and then when I'm goofing off in Black.

Quote Originally Posted by O.J. da Juiceman View Post
    Timid nature Kyurem with 24/8/0/28/12/20 worth keeping?

Or Modest with 25/12/15/11/12/31?
    The modest one is decent. I guess the Timid one is too, but the defense is awful.

I was wondering if there's a spreadsheet available with all the pokemon and moves data.

I'm imagining an excel type thing with stats information of all the pokemon all arranged in rows for searching and doing easy calculations for which moves will OHKO which pokemon with which stats etc.

If I find anything interesting I'd love to share the knowledge here.

If you believe that pokemon deserve to be cared for please join our club

http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?t=167103

Page 6 of 246 FirstFirst ... 23456789101656106 ... LastLast