Page 62 of 247 FirstFirst ... 125258596061626364656672112162 ... LastLast
Results 1,526 to 1,550 of 6151

Thread: Ask a Question Thread - READ FIRST POST

  1. #1526
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Gloucester/England
    Posts
    19

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Loreni333 View Post
    Hey guys- would this be good?

    Shadow tagger with attacks to kill all weather starters followed by weather starter... Eh? Can be used to kill the opposing weather, and then start yours?
    It'd be a great idea, yes! I would recommend wobbufett as he can also be used to help you set up the likes of Lucario and co. AND that means you're not relegated to playing the DW tier.

    Plus wobb is cool and should be uber, so milk it while you still have the chance.

        Spoiler:- Threads You Should Check Out!:

  2. #1527
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    55

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tbird View Post
    It'd be a great idea, yes! I would recommend wobbufett as he can also be used to help you set up the likes of Lucario and co. AND that means you're not relegated to playing the DW tier.

    Plus wobb is cool and should be uber, so milk it while you still have the chance.
    Wynaut/Wobb is banned, which is plain stupid...

    Pokemon Y FC: 4141-3041-1827

  3. #1528
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Somewhere, Under the Rainbow
    Posts
    236

    Default

    Not in 5th Gen it's not. Wobbufett isn't uber no more. Encore got nerfed.
    Ignore, thanks.

  4. #1529
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    55

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SomeoneIGuess View Post
    Not in 5th Gen it's not. Wobbufett isn't uber no more. Encore got nerfed.
    It is still in the banned list, along with other legendaries.

    Pokemon Y FC: 4141-3041-1827

  5. #1530

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Primera Stark View Post
    It is still in the banned list, along with other legendaries.
    Check again. Wobb isn't banned by any site that I know of this gen.
    Quote Originally Posted by Makaveli
    The user above is me, a major sleazy wh0re!!

  6. #1531
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Mt. Silver
    Posts
    0

    Default

    Scizor or Lucario or Reuniclus?

    My team: Metagross, Dragonite, Tyranitar, Reun, Garchomp, Electivire. Help?
    Pokemon White FC: 0905-3361-8306

  7. #1532
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    King's Landing
    Posts
    2,308

    Default

    best 4th move for volcarona, including hidden power (quiver dance, bug buzz, fiery dance, blank). also considering bold nature (as opposed to the typical modest/timid) for a defense boost while sweeping. going to RNG for it tomorrow

    I have claimed Giratina

  8. #1533
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    55

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by d0nut View Post
    Check again. Wobb isn't banned by any site that I know of this gen.
    http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?t=469309

    Or am I wrong?

    But I know for sure that Wobb is banned in player-created leagues, if not all of them.

    Pokemon Y FC: 4141-3041-1827

  9. #1534
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Gloucester/England
    Posts
    19

    Default

    Currently wobbuffet isn't banned in the major tiers as far as I'm aware. I play smogon tiers so I rate teams and answer these questions according to those, as do most (probably)

        Spoiler:- Threads You Should Check Out!:

  10. #1535

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kaiser soze View Post
    best 4th move for volcarona, including hidden power (quiver dance, bug buzz, fiery dance, blank). also considering bold nature (as opposed to the typical modest/timid) for a defense boost while sweeping. going to RNG for it tomorrow
    If you go for a defensive set, Chesto Rest isn't that bad. It can really screw people over if they rely too much on residual damage to beat Volcarona. If not though, use HP Rock or Ground so you aren't walled by other Fires.

    Quote Originally Posted by Primera Stark View Post
    http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?t=469309

    Or am I wrong?

    But I know for sure that Wobb is banned in player-created leagues, if not all of them.
    Thats a 4th gen thread, this is 5th gen.
    Quote Originally Posted by Makaveli
    The user above is me, a major sleazy wh0re!!

  11. #1536
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    55

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by d0nut View Post
    If you go for a defensive set, Chesto Rest isn't that bad. It can really screw people over if they rely too much on residual damage to beat Volcarona. If not though, use HP Rock or Ground so you aren't walled by other Fires.



    Thats a 4th gen thread, this is 5th gen.
    Hmm, got the link from OSL official rules, oh well...

    Pokemon Y FC: 4141-3041-1827

  12. #1537
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    El Centro,California
    Posts
    5,566

    Default

    What's the best set for Beartic outside of its DW ability? If only it learned Ice Shard. ;_;

  13. #1538
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Somewhere, Under the Rainbow
    Posts
    236

    Default

    It'd be something like this...

    Beartic @ Leftovers
    Ability: Snow Cloak
    EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SDef
    Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
    - Yawn
    - Focus Punch
    - Icicle Crash
    - Shadow Claw

    Force switches, bash switchins. That's all I've got, other than a CB set.
    Ignore, thanks.

  14. #1539
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    King's Landing
    Posts
    2,308

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by d0nut View Post
    If you go for a defensive set, Chesto Rest isn't that bad. It can really screw people over if they rely too much on residual damage to beat Volcarona. If not though, use HP Rock or Ground so you aren't walled by other Fires.
    my philosophy is rely on quiver dance to boost speed and SA so I could use a defensive boost from its nature for more longevity. while rock/ground would be nice, Im not sure if it could beat droughtails without a significant number of dances. HP possibilities could be ice for dragons (since everyone has a garchomp) or psychic to handle fighting types, which often have rock attacks

    BTW I do mostly random matchups, where SR is rare

    On second though, what about a defensive volcarona? has anyone had success with that?

    I have claimed Giratina

  15. #1540
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    El Centro,California
    Posts
    5,566

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SomeoneIGuess View Post
    It'd be something like this...

    Beartic @ Leftovers
    Ability: Snow Cloak
    EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SDef
    Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
    - Yawn
    - Focus Punch
    - Icicle Crash
    - Shadow Claw

    Force switches, bash switchins. That's all I've got, other than a CB set.
    You sure this may work when dealing with 2 of its weaknesses (Rock and Steel for Focus Punch)?

  16. #1541
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Pokemon World
    Posts
    261

    Default

    Ugh... I need help. I'm breeding or trying to, a Calm dw poliwag that is flawless or near flawless. Sadly, I don't have all the power items just three. I currently have 2 stats down but it's a male with encore that has damp... So, I'm thinking of having it breed with another one to achieve sp attack 31. The partner would be a ditto. I'm gonna make that ditto hold power lens. If I breed that with my male Polly holding a power belt, I'm thinking I can get one with three perfect stats. After getting a male for that I'll make it hold power lense then breed it with a dw female poliwag with perfect defense to try and get a female flawless dw poliwag. I'll breed it with a calm ditto and try getting a flawless dw calm poliwag with encore... Is there any other thing I should do? My goal would be to make a flawless one but one with good sp atk and defences would be okay for now. Any thoughts or flaws?
    ASB Profile -o- FB Profile
    Credits to Skiyomi for the nice avatar signature

  17. #1542
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Maine
    Posts
    2,916

    Default

    Dittos don't pass down dream world abilities, and they prevent it from being passed down even if their acting as the male. What you should do is just keep replacing the parents when you get one with better overall iv's that would be suitable as a parent.

  18. #1543
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    City of Ruin
    Posts
    1,171

    Default Flying

    Im trying to get a flying-.......... pokemon for my team to transport.

    I was thinking of Archeops and Braviary but i already have Carracosta in my team (dont like having 2 same type pokemon) so im asking if someone can tell me which one is better Archeops or Braviary.

    Heres my team:

    Serperior
    Krookdile
    Haxorus
    Carracosta
    Eelektross
    ..............

  19. #1544
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    4

    Default

    ok nooby question... how the hell can i get a good nature on my zoroark? i got a bold one off GTS and then tried to breed it with my modest ditto, and i hatched four eggs and got 2 gentle zoruas, a calm one, and a naive one(the only one i could potntially raise) HELP PLEASE~!!

  20. #1545
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    ISRAEL<3
    Posts
    209

    Default

    can someone help me with my sandstorm team

    Founder Of TOTW
    War record 9/0/0
    Smogon rank 1345 (peak)
    8/8 OSL Basges
    Unbeaten on wifi
    But does it really matter.......

  21. #1546

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chimchar1994 View Post
    ok nooby question... how the hell can i get a good nature on my zoroark? i got a bold one off GTS and then tried to breed it with my modest ditto, and i hatched four eggs and got 2 gentle zoruas, a calm one, and a naive one(the only one i could potntially raise) HELP PLEASE~!!
    Your Ditto needs to hold Everstone.

  22. #1547
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Where It's At!
    Posts
    432

    Default

    How does Thunder work in combination with Rain Dance? Does it do more damage or does is just improve accuracy? I've always assumed the latter, but wasn't ever sure.

    In a more specific case, would a Compoundeyes Galvantula packing Thunder serve well on a Rain team? Would it benefit in anyway? How about in comparison to the same Galvantula when not on a Rain team? Which is better, if at all?

  23. #1548

    Default

    Thunder = 70%
    Thunder + Compoundeyes = 91%
    Thunder + Rain = Always hits
    Thunder + Compoundeyes + Sun = 65%

    And no, it only boosts accuracy.
    Rain helps Galvantula a lot, not only it makes Thunder always hits, Rain also eliminates his Fire weakness.

  24. #1549
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    55

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by stenli View Post
    Thunder = 70%
    Thunder + Compoundeyes = 91%
    Thunder + Rain = Always hits
    Thunder + Compoundeyes + Sun = 65%

    And no, it only boosts accuracy.
    Rain helps Galvantula a lot, not only it makes Thunder always hits, Rain also eliminates his Fire weakness.
    It eliminates the weakness completely? Or just reduced damage, which I am pretty sure, is the case.

    Pokemon Y FC: 4141-3041-1827

  25. #1550
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Gloucester/England
    Posts
    19

    Default

    Yes it reduces it. It puts a -1 effect on the fire attack, pretty much eliminating STAB.

        Spoiler:- Threads You Should Check Out!:

Page 62 of 247 FirstFirst ... 125258596061626364656672112162 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •