Page 76 of 247 FirstFirst ... 266672737475767778798086126176 ... LastLast
Results 1,876 to 1,900 of 6151

Thread: Ask a Question Thread - READ FIRST POST

Hey guys, new guy here.

Quick question about competitive battling... How do you guys get you pokemon to level 100 so fast? I mean, in order to have a team for battling, you have to (obviously) have at least 6 100s, if not more to have various possible teams. But getting just one level 100 the real way (ie: not hacking) takes a helluva long time! So, how do you guys do it?

Quote Originally Posted by Medicham's Hat View Post
    Spamming The Elite 4 and fighting wild Audinos in Great Chasm while equipped with a Lucky Egg is the best way to gain Exp.
    Quote Originally Posted by SomeoneIGuess View Post
    Add in Cynthia during Spring, the game creator guy, and yeah what he said.
    It was on the same page as your post
    Ignore, thanks.

Is Porygon2 better with Charge Beam or Discharge... I know about the 30% increased Para-rate, but...
    Hello. You have wasted 1 second of your life readin this

† I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

http://www.serebiiforums.com/group.php?groupid=3405

Credit to Draya the Dark Master.

Quote Originally Posted by iShock View Post
    Is Porygon2 better with Charge Beam or Discharge... I know about the 30% increased Para-rate, but...
    Discharge or thunderbolt are generally better. It's not really supposed to be used in a sweeping capacity, it's of better use in a walling role where it can abuse its massive bulk and instant recovery to success. Charge beam would be pretty cool on a trick Room team, however it would suffer from 4ms (4 move syndrome) in that it'd have to chose between coverage and recovery. Also, Magnezone would probably be the best charge beam user.

Spoiler:- Threads You Should Check Out!:

i want carracosta for my doubles trick room team. which ability would work better, solid rock or sturdy? i know solid rock powers down his large number of weaknesses, but sturdy looks useful as well...
    AC Dream Address: 4300 2225 3013 // Secret Base Teams // Most Recent Shiny: Reshiram and Palkia

Does anyone have any idea on what a good moveset on an eviolite max hp and max def rhydon would be?

Retro Game Collector

Long Time Pokemon Player

Lisa Mitchell = <3

Serebii.net Battle Record!
    32-19

Rhydon (M) @ Eviolite
    Ability: Rock head
    EVs: 252 HP/4 Atk/252 SDef
    Careful nature (+SDef, -SAtk)
    - Stone Edge
    - Megahorn
    - Earthquake
    - Curse

This is the set that I personally use.
    My Youtube Channel is finally up!

http://www.youtube.com/user/Dooplissity

is curse worth using over protect on a doubles trick room team?
    AC Dream Address: 4300 2225 3013 // Secret Base Teams // Most Recent Shiny: Reshiram and Palkia

No.

In fact, Curse is overall a terrible move to use in doubles -- most single Pokemon setup moves are.

What's the best team to counter the top 6 threats in OU? I'm trying to develop my future team for the third game that uses only Pokemon available in-game and in the Dream World, and I may also use it for competitive terms.

Quote Originally Posted by Dattebayo View Post
    What's the best team to counter the top 6 threats in OU? I'm trying to develop my future team for the third game that uses only Pokemon available in-game and in the Dream World, and I may also use it for competitive terms.
    No one. But I'd argue to say mamoswine is pretty solid against most of the top 6 threats on the list baring scizor. But he's not a counter, you can't switch in safely on say ferrothorn/ latios at all. You can 2hok ferrothorn with quake since most are sassy if you run superpower you can ohok him. He's unfortunately slow but I really can't of anyone better for most of the guys on the list.
    [IMG]http://i52.*******.com/30ll07b.gif[/IMG]
    So I'm really evil apparently

Quote Originally Posted by gustavo 14 View Post
    i want carracosta for my doubles trick room team. which ability would work better, solid rock or sturdy? i know solid rock powers down his large number of weaknesses, but sturdy looks useful as well...
    Depends on what you're trying to do, Solid Rock helps it take hits better, whereas Sturdy can help him get off another attack. They're both good abilities, but for your case, I'd say Sturdy

Volcarona beats the top 2 most used (Ferro and Scizor) and can really hold it's own against most of the rest. (Except T-tar w/ Stone Edge)
    My Youtube Channel is finally up!

http://www.youtube.com/user/Dooplissity

I'd say Rotom-W does a pretty good job against them, bar Latios. He would need HP Fire for Ferrothorn though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Makaveli
    The user above is me, a major sleazy wh0re!!

I have a question about the "magic Leftovers number". Smogon said that it is an HP divisible by 16, +1. So does that mean I give my Jellicent 400 HP (divisible by 16), or 401 HP (400 divisible by 16 + 1 = 401)? Can someone please explain this to me?

I have a question regarding PokeTransfer, I'm playing my 4th gen games Platinum at the moment to transfer pokemon to my White game and right now I am apporaching the point where I will soon able to fight Giritina and I was wondering should I catch Giritina with a nature more beneficial to Origin or Altered Form? I'll probably replay the game to get the other but would that be preferred as a first choice if i choose to replay?

Quote Originally Posted by Sycavar View Post
    I have a question regarding PokeTransfer, I'm playing my 4th gen games Platinum at the moment to transfer pokemon to my White game and right now I am apporaching the point where I will soon able to fight Giritina and I was wondering should I catch Giritina with a nature more beneficial to Origin or Altered Form? I'll probably replay the game to get the other but would that be preferred as a first choice if i choose to replay?
    Hasty is viable for both forms if you want to be aggressive. Either go impish or careful if you want to run a really bulky Altered form giratina.

Quote Originally Posted by Clubinhand View Post
    Hasty is viable for both forms if you want to be aggressive. Either go impish or careful if you want to run a really bulky Altered form giratina.
    Are you saying I can have like a dual function Giritina?

Quick question that may or may not have been asked before ^^;; I was thinking of getting an AR, and I was wondering, if I mess with some Pokemon on Platnium with it (shiny code and maxing out attack PP so I don't have to mess with PP Maxs) if they would appear as hacked on my White version after I Poketransfer them. As in, will it deny them entry into random wifi matches and what not. I was just curious because a friend make me a Pokesavd Poke and it wouldn't let me use it on the random wifi matches even though it had legit peramiters (no 31 IVs in everything/illegal movesets/illegal abilities, etc) I was just curious because I don't want to invest in it if the Pokes become worthless afterward

Discharge or thunderbolt are generally better. It's not really supposed to be used in a sweeping capacity, it's of better use in a walling role where it can abuse its massive bulk and instant recovery to success. Charge beam would be pretty cool on a trick Room team, however it would suffer from 4ms (4 move syndrome) in that it'd have to chose between coverage and recovery. Also, Magnezone would probably be the best charge beam user.
    Discharge or Thunderbolt?
    Hello. You have wasted 1 second of your life readin this

† I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

http://www.serebiiforums.com/group.php?groupid=3405

Credit to Draya the Dark Master.

Quote Originally Posted by Medicham's Hat View Post
    Volcarona beats the top 2 most used (Ferro and Scizor) and can really hold it's own against most of the rest. (Except T-tar w/ Stone Edge)
    One problem, I can't use sig Pokemon from the game's key characters in my team.

Quote Originally Posted by Sycavar View Post
    Are you saying I can have like a dual function Giritina?
    Yeah you can hasty works well for Giriatina-o form mostly as a mixed sweeper but works fine altered form to cause most people expect a bulky altered form one. Or you can try naive/timid or modest with a calm mind set preferable naive if you want to run shadow sneak/shadow force. He's a pretty flexible fun poke actually.

Edit: and there's a bold calm minding set for his altered form. Yeah this doesn't make choosing his nature any easier its more team design dependent what to get.

I need 1 pokemon that can counter both Rotom-W and Ferrothorn. I can't get hidden powers.

Any suggestions?
    Venemo Oscuridad - 6 Battles
    My Secret Base, Version 2.

Quote Originally Posted by Zachmac View Post
    I need 1 pokemon that can counter both Rotom-W and Ferrothorn. I can't get hidden powers.

Any suggestions?
    There's Victini with Fire Blast/Searing Shot (for Ferrothorn) and Energy Ball/Grass Knot (for Rotom-W). If you don't have a Victini, there's always Ninetales with Flamethrower and Energy Ball.

There's Victini with Fire Blast/Searing Shot (for Ferrothorn) and Energy Ball/Grass Knot (for Rotom-W).
    But victini can't be used in Flat battles.

Let me be more specific: One allowed in Random Matchup/Flat Battles.
    Venemo Oscuridad - 6 Battles
    My Secret Base, Version 2.

Page 76 of 247 FirstFirst ... 266672737475767778798086126176 ... LastLast