Page 12 of 52 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Serebii 5th Gen Tier List & Standard Rules Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by d0nut View Post
    Tyranitar and Jirachi also counter it. In fact, Bliss and Ferrothorn don't even counter Latios due to Psyshock and Hidden Power Fire.
    They don't counter people have never looked into DD one or trying out hp fighting. He has many more viable sets in ou then garchomp ever had. Your correct ferrothorn and blissey don't counter but I never said that. They tend to be what I see people switch into latios most often. Latios I believe is just as dangerous as chomp if not more.
    [IMG]http://i52.*******.com/30ll07b.gif[/IMG]
    So I'm really evil apparently

So Thundurus is in danger now, and chomp is out... Hmm... Well, I'll get as much use out of Thunder-head as I can from here on, so long as he's still in.

Adios Garchomp, I really didn't hate you, but evasion hax is a *****, so you've gotta go. Really, if it didn't have sand veil in a sand heavy game, I don't think it would have gone this generation.
    "I now understand the basics of battle, but have much yet left to learn of combat. While I can hold my own, I cannot call myself anything more than a trainer"

Using HP Fire for Latios wouldn't be such a good idea as you're sacrificing speed. With Chomp banned once again, I wonder how the metagame will change this time around.

HP Fire works fine since the 1 speed point only matters against a FEW things but lets you OHKO many of your counters. Even Specially Defensive Jirachi needs to be in high health to avoid a 2HKO.

Garchomp got banned? I always found him managable in 5th gen. Though I haven't actually played for about 5 months now. What's changed that's suddenly made him Uber again? I remember loads of people being happy with him being OU on Smogon.
    Quote Originally Posted by XxEpicsxX View Post
    Everything's possible, but that doesn't make it likely.
    ^What PAD needs to learn

Spoiler:- Misc in a nutshell:

It's the Evasion Hax with Sand Veil more than Anything, If Auto Weather had been Banned like part of Smogon were proposing, Garchomp could of probably stayed.
    ]

Quote Originally Posted by minumranger View Post
    It's the Evasion Hax with Sand Veil more than Anything, If Auto Weather had been Banned like part of Smogon were proposing, Garchomp could of probably stayed.
    Better that chomp bit the dust than all weather IMO.
    "I now understand the basics of battle, but have much yet left to learn of combat. While I can hold my own, I cannot call myself anything more than a trainer"

Blaziken kind of confused me. How?

I have claimed the beast that is Shieldon.
    Credits to Geekachu for my amazing licky.
        Spoiler:- The rest of my sig:

Quote Originally Posted by Nebbio View Post
    Blaziken kind of confused me. How?
    speed boost + swords dance = unstoppable & outspead. you would need high jump kick to miss in order to kill it after it gets going

I have claimed Giratina

Quote Originally Posted by kaiser soze View Post
    speed boost + swords dance = unstoppable & outspead. you would need high jump kick to miss in order to kill it after it gets going
    And it's just Blaziken that can do that and succede?

I have claimed the beast that is Shieldon.
    Credits to Geekachu for my amazing licky.
        Spoiler:- The rest of my sig:

wait is Cross Chop+Bulk up Illegal?

Quote Originally Posted by NeohopeSTF View Post
    wait is Cross Chop+Bulk up Illegal?
    Cross Chop on which Pokemon?
    Quote Originally Posted by The Requiem
    Cross Country ftw.

Quote Originally Posted by kaiser soze View Post
    Protect+ Aqua jet. Not so unstoppable now.

Yes that is a Female Dino Charge Red. It's a FanFic thing
    3DS FC: 3995-6518-0794

Pretty much, yeah. And it wouldn't be so much of a problem if it wasn't for Speed Boost.

Quote Originally Posted by rocky505 View Post
    Except that very few Pokemon can run a moveset like that efficiently, and you will usually be doing so only to defeat Blaziken. Essentially, a Pokemon like that would most likely be a dead weight against most everything else in OU.

other speed boosters + sword dancers like ninjask (also usually a baton passer) are pretty frail and do not cary good coverage and dont have that big base attack. and they usually have a 4x (stealth) rock weakness

aqua jet isnt that common. you would be devoting yourself to stopping blaziken

I have claimed Giratina

... Aqua Jet won't OHKO. Not even close, unless its from Choice Band Azumarill (who is OHKOed by LO Hi Jump Kick).

Use Sharpedo with speed boost. protect when seeing a HJK coming and aqua jet down goes Blaziken.

Yes that is a Female Dino Charge Red. It's a FanFic thing
    3DS FC: 3995-6518-0794

Use Sharpedo with speed boost. protect when seeing a HJK coming and aqua jet down goes Blaziken.
    The reason Sharpedo sucks is because things like Ferrothorn and Conkeldurr exist. That means the only reason you'd be using Sharpedo would be to check Blaziken; so think, in 80% of battles, Sharpedo would be a complete waste of a team slot.

The tiers seem decent for now, but when DW Chandelure comes out, there'll be a big fuss whether to put it in OU or Ubers.

Userbars by MajinYoshi

Just a question, why was Blaziken banned?

Quote Originally Posted by spuds4ever View Post
    Just a question, why was Blaziken banned?
    Nothing could stand up to it's brute force after an SD, and it 2HKO'ed/OHKO'ed everything in the metagame. Speed Boost pushed it over the edge, making it far harder to revenge kill, and it's typing meant it had a resistance to Bullet Punch, probably the most common form of priority.

I can't find Meloetta on the tier list. Is that because it's impossible to get just yet? If so, what tier would it be if it could be obtained?
    If you're creative, don't copy and paste this into your signature (Started by 3.14kachu).

Tiers are based on usage, so without it being possible to use.. naturally it won't be tiered.

Its probably going to end up low OU.

Why was Swift Swim+Drizzle banned?
    1. You can just switch in and change the weather or use a weather changing move like Sandstorm.
    2. If we REALLY don't like that combo, just limit the usage of one swift swim user per Team....
    3. Priority can OHKO or 2HKO most Swift users....Conk after a Bulk Up+Guts can OHKO most of them, especially.........

Quote Originally Posted by MufinskullzFTW View Post
    Why was Swift Swim+Drizzle banned?
    1. You can just switch in and change the weather or use a weather changing move like Sandstorm.
    2. If we REALLY don't like that combo, just limit the usage of one swift swim user per Team....
    3. Priority can OHKO or 2HKO most Swift users....Conk after a Bulk Up+Guts can OHKO most of them, especially.........
    Because double speed + double stab is retarded as heck and deserved the ban

Page 12 of 52 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast