Thread: Find that thread!

Default Find that thread!

So, I had this idea. There are 460 pages of threads in this section, but a great deal of them were trolled incessantly and did not recieve the quality of rates that they deserved. The team below was created by an unsung genius who was undeservedly trolled by Chaotic Tyrant, and I have endeavoured to revive it so that the newer raters can bask in its golden glow as the older ones once did.

In order to create a sense of user interaction, I have decided to turn this idea into a kind of game: the first person to guess the creator of the team below wins, essentially, and as a prize I will honour them in my signature. Simply state the username of who you think the team's creator might be in your post. If you're unclear on the rules, don't hesitate to ask for assistance.

i thought up a new master plan for the BT

Weavile (Jolly) @Muscle band
    Pressure
    EVs: 252 Attack, 252 Spe, 4 hp
    ~Brick break
    ~Sword's dance
    ~Ice punch
    ~Night slash

This guy is my lead and destroys those mesky screen setters, his only threat is mach/bullet punch

Latias (Lonely) @Wiseglasses
    Levitate
    EVs: 252 Sp. Atk, 252 Spe, 4 hp
    ~Surf
    ~Psychic
    ~Dragon Pulse
    ~Toxic

Sadly, she's lonely with perfect SpAtk IVs, i'm using her as special and support

Zangoose (Jolly) @?????
    Immunity
    EVs:252 attack, 252 spe, 4 hp
    ~Close combat
    ~X-Scissor
    ~Sword's dance
    ~Crush claw

YA BABY betcha never seen him on a team before huh? he's one of my faves and is definately very cool

theres my BT team, please rate / criticize
    Oh, and rate the team as well; otherwise this thread will get closed.

Return > Crush Claw on Zangoose.

Draco Meteor > Toxic on Latias, and Thunderbolt > Psychic.

Low Kick > Brick Break on Weavile.

I'm going to say you made this team, because you are that self-aware and have been around long enough to improve dramatically like me.

My first thread here was pretty lolworthy, after all.
    156 Pokemon in the Unova dex. 6 of them are event Pokemon.
    151 Pokemon in the Kanto dex. 1 of them is an event Pokemon.

When you see it...

Quote Originally Posted by ungulateman View Post
    Return > Crush Claw on Zangoose.

Draco Meteor > Toxic on Latias, and Thunderbolt > Psychic.

Low Kick > Brick Break on Weavile.
    Yes, yes, yes and yes.

I'm going to say you made this team, because you are that self-aware and have been around long enough to improve dramatically like me.

My first thread here was pretty lolworthy, after all.
    Nope, it wasn't me. The person who made this thread doesn't actually rate anymore. You should remember him, although I highly doubt that the newer raters would.

it's too easy when you consider we have a search system that can be used by everyone
    I want to give the "win" to someone else, without giving too much clue, so.....the thread number for the original thread where you can find the team posted by AlCario above is.....10333683.

IMO, Night Slash instead of X-Scissor on Zangoose, just in case Weavile has go down and a Shedinja pops out - this is BT after all.

My shinies. Just click the links~

~Shiny Banner 1~
    ~Shiny Banner 2~

My shinies are not for trade or cloning.
    Shinies are not listed in order, for example the last shiny on the banner is not always the latest shiny I've obtained.
    Banner 1 made by Light Venusaur, thanks ^_^

Hmm. That pretty much means Vaporeon4ever, Chaotic Tyrant, Amphy or Eon master. And the last two are still fairly active. :/ I'm going to guess Vappy.

When you see it...

it's too easy when you consider we have a search system that can be used by everyone
    Baww, that takes the fun out of it.

IMO, Night Slash instead of X-Scissor on Zangoose, just in case Weavile has go down and a Shedinja pops out - this is BT after all.
    Yeah, and it gets better coverage on the whole.

Hmm. That pretty much means Vaporeon4ever, Chaotic Tyrant, Amphy or Eon master. And the last two are still fairly active. :/ I'm going to guess Vappy.
    None of those. This person was a... different kind... of rater. The sort of person you would be glad was inactive (IMO he was rather funny, but that's just me).

Gligari, perhaps? You could probably use Specs on Latias, but meh.
    Thinking about posting a team in the 5th Gen IGRMT sub-forum? Be sure to read the rules before proceeding. Are you looking to have only one Pokemon rated? Then check out our Single Rate Thread for movesets and help. Thanks!

Al, I've got it. Lucario0708 posted this team in August of '09, only about two months after I joined. I remember lurking in the thread and laughing at Tyrant's trolloling.

Focus Sash > Muscle Band on Weavile, since Weavile gets ripped like a piece of wet tissue paper. Counter over SD, adn Ice Shard over Ice Punch, for priority. He'll at least take out one opposing Pokemon, and probably seriously damage the second that way, whereas he's not guaranteed a single KO with SD. Gengar is better in that role, but it's still gimmicky no matter what you do. Hilariously fun though.

Latias should be:

Latias @ Choice Specs
    Nature: Timid
    EVs: same
    Ability: Levitate
    -Dragon Pulse
    -T-bolt
    -Surf
    -Trick

Offensive Trick set, it's helpful for letting a powerful late-gamer set up.

Zangoose should have Night Slash over X-Scissor, but honestly, it should be SD Lucario or SD Empoleon, which are two of his favorites anyway. Both of them get excellent synergy with Latias, and can easily set up and sweep what neither of the others could take out.
    .:I reach out my hand and find you there:.

The style just screams Terry T., from what I hear of him, so there's my guess. I'm surprised nobody's guessed him yet, although it's probably on purpose or something and I just ruined the fun because I wasn't in on it, but whatever. Or I could be completely wrong. I'm always right.

All ego-boosting eccentrics aside.

Zangoose could totally use a Focus Sash, since he's not exactly bulky or anything. I'm angered though, because most everything has been taken already, so.

/spam
    Ich koche Spaghetti

I'd say Yo Shee, but thats a long shot, he's more of 3rd Gen.
    Laurence | Rock
    3325-1721-6092
    Onix | Shuckle | Nosepass

Quote Originally Posted by Kerech View Post
    Gligari, perhaps? You could probably use Specs on Latias, but meh.
    I wouldn't be surprised if Gligari was his alt, tbh.

Quote Originally Posted by Eon Master View Post
    Al, I've got it. Lucario0708 posted this team in August of '09, only about two months after I joined. I remember lurking in the thread and laughing at Tyrant's trolloling.
    All correct! Well done, you are officially the first person to win the AlCario prize. (I'll think of a better name for it later)

Focus Sash > Muscle Band on Weavile, since Weavile gets ripped like a piece of wet tissue paper. Counter over SD, adn Ice Shard over Ice Punch, for priority. He'll at least take out one opposing Pokemon, and probably seriously damage the second that way, whereas he's not guaranteed a single KO with SD. Gengar is better in that role, but it's still gimmicky no matter what you do. Hilariously fun though.
    Focus Sash > Muscle Band is definite no matter what you do. Ice Shard is more of an optional alternative over Ice Punch, as Ice Punch will still get crucial OHKOs on certain pokemon. It's more of a matter of preference, really. Expanding on what you said, when using Counter, Hasty is the preferred nature.

Latias should be:

Latias @ Choice Specs
    Nature: Timid
    EVs: same
    Ability: Levitate
    -Dragon Pulse
    -T-bolt
    -Surf
    -Trick

Offensive Trick set, it's helpful for letting a powerful late-gamer set up.
    Yep, although DM is also an option over DP.

Zangoose should have Night Slash over X-Scissor, but honestly, it should be SD Lucario or SD Empoleon, which are two of his favorites anyway. Both of them get excellent synergy with Latias, and can easily set up and sweep what neither of the others could take out.
    Totally agreed.

Quote Originally Posted by Soroft View Post
    The style just screams Terry T., from what I hear of him, so there's my guess. I'm surprised nobody's guessed him yet, although it's probably on purpose or something and I just ruined the fun because I wasn't in on it, but whatever. Or I could be completely wrong. I'm always right.
    Nah, its just that most people have seen Terry's handiwork, and ... you have to see it for yourself to know that this isn't his style.

All ego-boosting eccentrics aside.

Zangoose could totally use a Focus Sash, since he's not exactly bulky or anything. I'm angered though, because most everything has been taken already, so.

/spam
    True, although item clause is blergh. Getting rid of Zangoose altogether would do more for this team IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by foxyman1167 View Post
    I'd say Yo Shee, but thats a long shot, he's more of 3rd Gen.
    True. I honestly barely remember him at all.

This thread has been quite a success, I ought to do it again sometime.

So is this going to be a regular feature, where we find old teams, re-rate them and then guess who posted them? I hope it is.

When you see it...

I'll do the next one, I guess. I could find an early team and post it.
    .:I reach out my hand and find you there:.

^Go for it!