Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: A Sandile Gusher of Change (662)

Quote Originally Posted by Lanturn88 View Post
    The Meguroku is the new Jigglypuff.. woot.. Although I would have to say if someone was going to capture it.. I'd love for James to catch it. In all honestly I hope he does.

Anyways, I'm glad team rocket is still being shown in a way that they're taking their job seriously enough, I'm really happy with this season.. I'd honestly have to say it compares to the original Series, and it seems like thats what they're aiming for
    He saw them doing "bad stuff" he wouldnt want to join Team Rocket atleast i doubt it.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Ketchum View Post
    So it looks like Ash and Iris's relationship will be somewhat of a competitive one...interesting.

That adds to my theory that Ash will battle her for his 8th badge.
    She actually saved Ash from fatality! That's more then Dawn ever did! The crying Marry Sue of the series! xD I still see them as friends up at this point, but the bond the two have is different then what Ash and Dawn had, and it's for the better.

Ash-Misty: Misty was basically teaching Ash most of the time (as Ash was a rookie)
    Ash-May: Ash was teaching May (as May had no prior example)
    Ash-Dawn: Ash was teaching Dawn (helping her through periods of depression)
    Ash-Iris: Iris tells Ash stuff, but Ash is stronger.

Ash-Iris is probably the most equal bond we have yet seen.

Quote Originally Posted by Devastator2000 View Post
    I can't wait to see what will happen next. Also, Australia is getting 'Diamond and pearl: GD' or something under those words in a week on Cartoon Network. Is that and old series, or the ones you guys have been talking about?
    Australia is getting Galactic Battles.. That is the series after Ash gets to Canalave... This is the second series after that.

Pokemon Diamond and Pearl
    PK DP: Battle Dimension
    PK DP: Galactic Battles
    PK DP: Sinnoh Victors
    Pokemon Best Wishes

So you're a good two years away from where this episode takes place..
    Answer to all the bad things in the world: Give up on trying to make everything better. Hence, accepting it for what it is. YOLO! <- Click the link and daw.. -.-

Quote Originally Posted by Chimchar15 View Post
    Does anyone else feel that the starter Pokemon from Araragi's lab are really strong for starter Pokemon?
    They're VERY strong starters. Mijumaru and Tsutarja were strong compared to other starters from the past. Maybe it's just a sign that their evos are even stronger.
    I think it's actually the first time Ash got a real starter pokemon from a professor lab.
    Wobbuffet and his trainer.(credit: Serebii.net)

gaaah where can i watch this episode???!!!!!

So Ash gets his Mijumaru. All is right in the world now.

-Meguroco = cutest voice. Ever. Except Kibago's.
    -Awwww (referring to miju in the sand bath)
    -Hehe, gotta love Iris's face when Kibago pops up in the sand bath ("Even Kibago...")
    -What! Team Rocket fell into a pitfall that's not THEIR OWN!
    -LOVE the hand-grab scene.
    -Miju is caught officially.... yay!
    -Hee hee, leaning tower of Meguroco...

9/10
    Last edited by Mayfan; 16th October 2010 at 2:47 AM.

Best Wishes Reviewer
    BW001 | BW002 | BW003 | BW004 | BW005

Quote Originally Posted by Ash-kid View Post
    They're VERY strong starters. Mijumaru and Tsutarja were strong compared to other starters from the past. Maybe it's just a sign that their evos are even stronger.
    I think it's actually the first time Ash got a real starter pokemon from a professor lab.
    This is true..

Charmander, Bulbasaur, Squirtle were either abandoned by trainers, or wild. So Charmander and Squirtle might have been starter pokemon at one point.

Chikorita, Cyndaquil and Totodile were all wild.

Treecko was wild

Turtwig and Chimchar were wild.. Well, Chimchar was trainer owned, but we know that it was wild prior to that.

Mijumaru is Ash's second pokemon to be given to him from a Professor, after Pikachu of course, but the first regular Starter.. Much in the same vein as May's Squirtle if you'd ask me.
    Answer to all the bad things in the world: Give up on trying to make everything better. Hence, accepting it for what it is. YOLO! <- Click the link and daw.. -.-

Quote Originally Posted by tidus View Post
    anyone saw the trailer couple minutes ago with the fire starter does ash catch it seems like following his orders and meowth in some kind of black paint
    It was hard to tell whether it was listening to Ash or Iris. Also, a Janoby was seen rolling in front of Ash during a battle, but that doesn't mean it was his either.

Quote Originally Posted by Hyper Tails View Post
    It was hard to tell whether it was listening to Ash or Iris. Also, a Janoby was seen rolling in front of Ash during a battle, but that doesn't mean it was his either.
    It wasn't hard to tell, it just wasn't possible at all, we just saw Pokabu using a move.. Anyway, we saw Iris pinching Pokabu's cheeks, like she did with Pikachu.. Then we see Ash hunching forward in the street as if 'hunting' or stealthely approaching something...

Meowth was in disguise as an Umbreon, but this is not the place to talk about this.

I only fell in at the halfway point, but this episode, the latter half, was just so confusing that I really didn't like it.. I liked the whole bridge thing, but visually I wasn't very impressed.. I still think that Meguroko is a dull pokemon..

Iris saving Ash was a nice touch though.. Puts her ahead of Dawn already..

Quote Originally Posted by Locormus View Post
    It wasn't hard to tell, it just wasn't possible at all, we just saw Pokabu using a move.. Anyway, we saw Iris pinching Pokabu's cheeks, like she did with Pikachu.. Then we see Ash hunching forward in the street as if 'hunting' or stealthely approaching something...

Meowth was in disguise as an Umbreon, but this is not the place to talk about this.

I only fell in at the halfway point, but this episode, the latter half, was just so confusing that I really didn't like it.. I liked the whole bridge thing, but visually I wasn't very impressed.. I still think that Meguroko is a dull pokemon..

Iris saving Ash was a nice touch though.. Puts her ahead of Dawn already..
    Yeah it was somewhat confusing but hopefully when we get translations for this episode we'll understand it better.

Something I did wonder: Is this Mijumaru a female that has a crush on Ash like Chikorita? Or just a male that really likes him? Is there any distinct difference to be able to tell with Mijumaru?

That episode wasn't as good as the last two, I must say. But i'm happy Mijumaru is finally Ash's. I wasn't very happy with the music at all (Yes I know, music isn't everything, but it's important to me)

3 episodes in a row without a TR blastoff, are they done for good? I wonder how long it'll last.

*~Openly Gay and Proud~*

i really like the change in the look of the nurses for this region. glad Ash finally got Mijumaru.
    ur right Gregguru this is 3rd epi with no blast off i'm guessing for this season the uniform is not the only thing that is different.
    2nd half epi confused me too did anyone else have trouble streaming it mine kept breaking up so couldn't really tell what was going on sometimes.
    really liked the preview for the next epi didn't know that was supposed to be a umbreon wonder how many people he can fool.

I kinda have to say that after seeing this episode, mijumaru wasn't really captured more so returned to it's ball from falling into the boiling hot water after using water gun to block an impromptu spout of water. Still Ash got it in an intresting mannor at least.

I liked how the croc's formed a bridge by biting each others tails for Ash and the pokemon to cross, I also found it funny that Iris saved Ash (normally Ash is the one doing the saving.) and that in the end they were in the new hot spring at the same time (kids will be kids i suppose cause last time I saw hotsprings in the anime they had a barrier set up for the boys and girls, or the writers don't care anymore I guess.)

Depsite the seriousness of TR they kinda took off quite quickly when all the other croc's showed up, I know thier trying to be serious but at the same time that's cowardly on thier part, you think they would at least put up a fight and then retreat.

I don't like the way the episode ended though, the glasses croc reappeared in a rather foreshadowing way I really hope that's not the case.
    Last edited by Almighty Zard; 30th September 2010 at 2:07 PM.

I just watched it. It was pretty decent. Why did they use the evolution music as "tension" music though? Up next: Cute Li'l POKABU!
    Last edited by Koh; 30th September 2010 at 2:05 PM.

DLBROOKS33

Quote Originally Posted by Almighty Zard View Post
    I kinda have to say that after seeing this episode, mijumaru wasn't really captured more so returned to it's ball from falling into the boiling hot water after using water gun to block an impromptu spout of water. Still Ash got it in an intresting mannor at least.

I liked how the croc's formed a bridge by biting each others tails for Ash and the pokemon to cross, I also found it funny that Iris saved Ash (normally Ash is the one doing the saving.) and that in the end they were in the new hot spring at the same time (kids will be kids i suppose cause last time I saw hotsprings in the anime they had a barrier set up for the boys and girls, or the writers don't care anymore I guess.)

Depsite the seriousness of TR they kinda took off quite quickly when all the other croc's showed up, I know thier trying to be serious but at the same time that's cowardly on thier part, you think they would at least put up a fight and then retreat.

I don't like the way the episode ended though, the glasses croc reappeared in a rather foreshadowing way I really hope that's not the case.
    That usually in those Hot springs were you go naked... they werent naked obviously.

I liked this episode but like some have said this could have been split into two episodes.
    Meguroko is now one of my favorite isshu pokemon. I also never understood the second half of the episode. I thought that the megurokos were forcing the pokemon to go near the gysers. Plus this has to be anime logic: the mamepatos could have clearly flown away but instead the are incapable of flight.

I could help to think that Team Rocket was sliping back into their old ways throught this whole episode especially have the meguroko dug a hole and sunk their bulldozer.
    On Nov 21, 2010, I'm going on vacation. I'm going to a country to visit two friends and a grumpy oldtimer who are awaiting my return.

Well Ash caught Mijumaru... as expected.

I can't help but laugh at the people who think Meguroko snickering at the end means its gonna follow in Jigglypuff's footsteps... I'd just like to point out that the Evil Togepi in Sinnoh never appeared again after it glared at the screen at the end of its episode.

Also, i know it probably wasn't intentional on the writers behalf and i dunno if anyone else actually noticed, but when the land where the wild Pokemon were stood split, the water running around it formed Team Aqua's symbol. Not sure why i noticed this, but it made me smile. Take a look

Quote Originally Posted by ShinyCharyZard View Post
    Also, i know it probably wasn't intentional on the writers behalf and i dunno if anyone else actually noticed, but when the land where the wild Pokemon were stood split, the water running around it formed Team Aqua's symbol. Not sure why i noticed this, but it made me smile. Take a look
    That is simply way too convenient.

I have to say, Meguroko, as expected, is pretty cool. I'm glad that Ash finally gets Mijumaru, and the whole "cannot caught what has already been caught" schtick has been maintained. Not sure why Ash had forgotten about that...

Also, I hadn't known that meguroko could act like army ants.

Overall, a very... "simple" capture episode, but overall it was decent.

C_L

"I'm not really here that much, if at all. I've moved on, to a different site."

"But, it's been fun. I'll come back every so often, but for the most part, I won't post much."

- Cobaltios

Quote Originally Posted by Almighty Zard View Post

Well, you have to consider that they only have Meowth and Koromori.. Koromori has nothing against Ground/Dark and Meowth isn't going to handle that many pokemon..

Quote Originally Posted by TicoPokemonMaster View Post
    I liked this episode but like some have said this could have been split into two episodes.

Meguroko is now one of my favorite isshu pokemon. I also never understood the second half of the episode. I thought that the megurokos were forcing the pokemon to go near the gysers. Plus this has to be anime logic: the mamepatos could have clearly flown away but instead the are incapable of flight.

I could help to think that Team Rocket was sliping back into their old ways throught this whole episode especially have the meguroko dug a hole and sunk their bulldozer.
    The Meguroku probably acknowledged their scary appearance and knew that their help would only scare the cute pokemon, so they abducted pokemon from trainers, hoping their trainers would come after them, see the ordeal and help the pokemon.. As the Meguroku knew (with their ground pokepower...) that the mountain was going to blow up..

That's what I think..

Quote Originally Posted by ShinyCharyZard View Post
    Well Ash caught Mijumaru... as expected.

I can't help but laugh at the people who think Meguroko snickering at the end means its gonna follow in Jigglypuff's footsteps... I'd just like to point out that the Evil Togepi in Sinnoh never appeared again after it glared at the screen at the end of its episode.

That's a very very quick observation you made! Lol.. Yeah, the Meguroku.. I wonder what it's going to do.. Stick with the good guys... Now that I look at it.. Iris' team wouldn't be too bad if she had:

- Kibago
    - Pokabu
    - Meguroku

Not that I don't want Ash to get Pokabu, but this is just a nice group of three! xD

Well. It appears that Team Rocket didn't get blast off this time. I miss the old "Team Rocket blasting off". I can't believe that Ash forgetten that Mijumaru has already been owned. Iris is kind of simialir to Misty in many ways.
    I am here to help others to solve their problem,and I'm also the big fan of Kissshipping.

FC: 3737-9549-2888
    IGN: Shego

locormus thanks for clearing that up now that i think about your point is probably what the intention that the megurokos were going for.

Shego, I think that Ash didn't know where mijumaru came from. in the last episode he was stumped to see that a random mijumaru came to help him. It wasn't until his pokeball fail that it probably clicked that mijumaru was the one that came from Professor A ( can't spell her name).
    On Nov 21, 2010, I'm going on vacation. I'm going to a country to visit two friends and a grumpy oldtimer who are awaiting my return.

Quite a good episode. I agree that its was a bit fast-paced, but then again, would we really want to watch two episodes of Meguroko causing trouble at a hotel?

Anyway, the Meguroko bridge was nice, Mijumaru was adorable and those Mamepato were stupid for not just flying away. And Meguroko gets its very own evil laugh at the end.

And again the TR Trio manages to avoid a Blast Off. If they're not careful, I'm gonna start thinking they're actually competent now.

Cool ep, but to me the "cuteness" of Mijumaru confirms one thing for me: it will not evolve.

Doesn't help that we're seeing Futachimaru in the next ep, either. I thought it'd be Ash's starter powerhouse (ie, the new Charizard/Sceptile/Infernape) but it seems like it'll be more like a second Pikachu or, god forbid, a Piplup clone. Unless the writers spring a surprise and turn Mijumaru into some kind of coming-of-age story where it learns not to be so...cute and matures into one of Ash's more reliable team members, and becomes the fully-evolved water starter, the name of which escapes me.

Yeah, decent ep though. Team Rocket keeping their stylish overcoats and general new-found badassery is awesome.

A simple but decent episode. The Meguroko were quite interesting and I'm glad to see Team Rocket is still working effectively. That's a good sign, I had though they would have return to being a joke by now. As thought, Mijumaru was caught, Though I didn't think Ash would have needed to receive it's pokeball to do so. The interaction between Ash and Iris was nice and I can't wait to see where it goes.
    A soul that cannot be saved drifts and disappears,
    In the instant it vanishes, it shines faintly,
    Now, it creates a night with a full moon.

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast