Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: A Sandile Gusher of Change (662)

Quote Originally Posted by Locormus View Post
    Well, you have to consider that they only have Meowth and Koromori.. Koromori has nothing against Ground/Dark and Meowth isn't going to handle that many pokemon
    Koromori has Air Slash, and it's not like the crocs could've attacked it well unless they just conviently knew rock moves.

Call it what you will but to me they chickened out just to avoid the pain.

Quote Originally Posted by TheNewGuy View Post
    Cool ep, but to me the "cuteness" of Mijumaru confirms one thing for me: it will not evolve.
    This isn't the best place to discuss this but I disagree, Ash has gotten pokemon before that seemed cute at first but still ended up evolving. Besides if it was as cute as Piplup or Torchic, they would've given it to Iris(do not use the "But she's a dragon trainer" excuse because Misty and Brock both caught pokemon that didn't follow thier primary types as well.) instead for the "girl with cute starter" factor and even May's Torchic evolved eventually.

I just really hope the croc at the end don't follow the group.

I'm loving Mijumaru even more! that thing is just too cute/funny.

For the people that are saying that the episode was too fast-paced - it was, but not to the point were it was sloppy; it was highly enjoyable - they DID say that Best wishes would be more fast-paced than the previous sagas...which I think is a good thing. I hope he doesn't catch Pokabu the next episode tough, he'll be down to a party of 4 pokemon in 4 episodes...That and I don't want to sit around for another 4 years to watch this end, I'll be out of College by then :O

And I don't think meguroko is going to follow the group. I think that speculation came from the discussion BEFORE this episode aired, when people thought ash was going to capture it. It doesn't really fit in with ash, if you ask me.

And like TicoPokemonMaster said (PURA VIDA BTW xDDD) Ash didn't know that Mijumaru was the same one from Araragi's lab, not even when he saved them the first time. I'm really glad he's part of the team, I'm sure it'll be one of Ash's powerhouses this gen.

Mijumaru is different though, I think you'll agree. The whole "pushing Pikachu off the shoulder" thing etc... I dunno, it doesn't strike me as something that will evolve. Seems like it will be a fan favourite in its current form. Like, Chimchar was cute, but it was always going to evolve.

Ash captured the adorable Mijumaru, I love that little thing, it's just so cute! xD

Mijumaru's utter cuteness is making me not want it to evolve.

Best Wishes Reviewer
    BW001 | BW002 | BW003 | BW004 | BW005

Wonder if Mijumaru's evos will keep their cuteness? That would be hilarious.
    "When I am dead and have passed onto the next world, I want you to lower me from these gallows and....KISS MY HAIRY BUTTOCKS!"- Chris Farley Almost Heroes

Quote Originally Posted by uber gon View Post
    Wonder if Mijumaru's evos will keep their cuteness? That would be hilarious.
    Futachimaru could but Daikenki wouldn't be able to pull it off. If Mijumaru evolves I don't see it evolving past Futachimaru.

Well I had a good feeling that Mijumaru would be caught in this episode. But the Meguroko at the end makes me wonder. Is it going start stalking the group and if it does it makes you wonder who will catch it.

I'm so glad Ash caught Mijumaru, its my favorite starter, it has tons of personality and its adorable. I'm liking all the AshxIris interaction, love how Ash was all "Your following me!" And than Iris switched it to that he's following him bahaha fun. Over all we are off to a good start, can't wait for episode four.
    A close family member of mine died today, I put this in my sign as respect for him

Ash fan. Luffy fan. Gintoki fan-Gintama. Endou fan-Inazuma Eleven.
    Multi Luffy {One Piece} and Ash {Pokemon} Shippers.

Cool ep, but to me the "cuteness" of Mijumaru confirms one thing for me: it will not evolve.

Doesn't help that we're seeing Futachimaru in the next ep, either. I thought it'd be Ash's starter powerhouse (ie, the new Charizard/Sceptile/Infernape) but it seems like it'll be more like a second Pikachu or, god forbid, a Piplup clone. Unless the writers spring a surprise and turn Mijumaru into some kind of coming-of-age story where it learns not to be so...cute and matures into one of Ash's more reliable team members, and becomes the fully-evolved water starter, the name of which escapes me.

Yeah, decent ep though. Team Rocket keeping their stylish overcoats and general new-found badassery is awesome.
    Charmander and Chimchar were cute but they evolved. And we seen Grovyl, Torterra, and Monferno prior to the evolution into them. A main character owning Torterra didn't stop Ash from getting one either. Another rival of Ash's also had a Sceptile.

One thing I really didn't like about this episode is that it had literally zero action. So far we're only aware two of Mijumaru's moves in three of it's episodes. Meguroku didn't do anything but Bite and Dig and we still don't even know any of Kibago's moves. Only one episode after their capture and we haven't seen Koromori or Mamepato yet. Hope that isn't a sign for what's to come.

If you think the Sinnoh saga has been the best saga of the whole show, copy and paste this into your signature! (started by FlameRose)

Doesn't help that we're seeing Futachimaru in the next ep, either. I thought it'd be Ash's starter powerhouse (ie, the new Charizard/Sceptile/Infernape) but it seems like it'll be more like a second Pikachu or, god forbid, a Piplup clone. Unless the writers spring a surprise and turn Mijumaru into some kind of coming-of-age story where it learns not to be so...cute and matures into one of Ash's more reliable team members, and becomes the fully-evolved water starter, the name of which escapes me.

Yeah, decent ep though. Team Rocket keeping their stylish overcoats and general new-found badassery is awesome.

I think you can recall a certain johto grass starter who was 'cute" and knock pikachu off of Ash as well. that little grass starter evolved(bayleef). Like someone else said maybe it will just evolve into a Futachimaru. At least he would have an evolved water starter.
    On Nov 21, 2010, I'm going on vacation. I'm going to a country to visit two friends and a grumpy oldtimer who are awaiting my return.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaiash View Post
    Futachimaru could but Daikenki wouldn't be able to pull it off. If Mijumaru evolves I don't see it evolving past Futachimaru.
    No it's definitely evolving. Same for the bird.
    "When I am dead and have passed onto the next world, I want you to lower me from these gallows and....KISS MY HAIRY BUTTOCKS!"- Chris Farley Almost Heroes

in your opinion come league time Ash's team will be Pikachu, Mamepato, Mijumaru, add three other unevolved pokemon. way to be optemistic.
    On Nov 21, 2010, I'm going on vacation. I'm going to a country to visit two friends and a grumpy oldtimer who are awaiting my return.

No at the moment we have no way of knowing and there are several reasons why they would keep it as Mijumaru. The main reason is that it is marketable. Like I said if it evolves I don't see it going past Futachimaru.

Also why bring up Mamepato? I never said anything about it's chances of evolving.

Quote Originally Posted by thunderblade12 View Post
    One thing I really didn't like about this episode is that it had literally zero action. So far we're only aware two of Mijumaru's moves in three of it's episodes. Meguroku didn't do anything but Bite and Dig and we still don't even know any of Kibago's moves. Only one episode after their capture and we haven't seen Koromori or Mamepato yet. Hope that isn't a sign for what's to come.
    Judging by the title of the next episode, I'm thinking we'll probably see some more of Mijumaru's attacks... and an appearance of Mamepato.

I'd say, it's still pretty damn early.

C_L

"I'm not really here that much, if at all. I've moved on, to a different site."

"But, it's been fun. I'll come back every so often, but for the most part, I won't post much."

- Cobaltios

Anyone else sense a new Chikorita? Mijumaru seems very fond of Ash.

I don't want Meguroku as a recurring pokemon. ): I liked it, but I'm not so sure if it would work as well as with the past ones.

Well I thought I'd go ahead and write a quick review of this new Best Wishes episode while I have time off to focus more on the new Pokemon Best Wishes anime series lol. Well it was certainly interesting to see Ash and Iris trying to out-walk each other at the start of the episode; if only they all did this to begin with, we'd have gotten to all the cities and towns in the anime so much faster. Anyway, my cute little stalker Pokemon Mijumaru comes out from it's hiding place to greet Ash which I thought was really cute. Our lovable anime writers thought kids had forgotten the events of the previous episode, so naturally we got a flashback of previous events. I guess it's just how things happen in this anime eh?

Ash scanned it in his new Isshu Dex which is what Ash does, though I still have no idea why that thing displays the Pokemon's body from like 50 different angles (exaggeration). Ash recalled having met Mijumaru before and Mijumaru seems to have been feeling in the mood for a hug which seems to have surprised Ash and made Pikachu a bit upset. Hey, that's Pikachu's bread and butter you're effing with! Pikachu then said something in it's own language and I laughed at how utterly cute it sounded. Though Iris thought another Pokemon was utterly cute; Mijumaru. Or should that be "otterly" cute? Well either way, she seemed very fond of the little stalker and tried babying it but it didn't like her as much as he liked Ash. It then pushed Pikachu off of Ash's shoulder? Whoa!

I was shocked, and so was Ash apparently when Pikachu's Thunderbolt bounded off Mijumaru's shell and hit him haha. Ash then decided to capture Mijumaru since that's apparently what Mijumaru wanted in the first place, but the Pokeball didn't work since Mijumaru already belonged to Professor Araragi. I loved Mijumaru's face when it hit him in the head though haha. So Ash and Iris went to 7-Eleven to get it's Pokeball from Araragi-hakase via videophone since she wanted Ash to have Mijumaru I assume. Mijumaru went missing so Ash and Iris went to look for it but they fall in a pit. Something about this made me think of Team Rocket but it was actually made by Meguroko, thanks to generic character-of-the-day boy's explaination. Before we get more of an explaination though, Team Rocket also falls for a pit trap haha. Ironic.

We finally get to know more about the character of the day kid and Ash once again scans a Pokemon in his Isshu Dex; this time it was Meguroko, this episode's key Pokemon. The character of the day boy took Ash and friends to his mansion-like house where his family apparently ran a spa of some sort, yet it was trashed ironically. In a flashback, we saw that it was those pesky Meguroko who ruined the spa resort with their holes and stuff; typical Filler story basically. Ash then took the oppurtunity to take a sandbath which was kind of a jerk-move on his part; how was that helping poor generic COTD kid? Team Rocket went back to stalking Ash and Pikachu from afar as usual, at least they're consistent though. Ash then remembered his main problem at the time; finding the missing Mijumaru!

However it didn't take long as Mijumaru was also taking a sandbath. I thought it looked freaking adorable with it's shell on it's forehead; I love this Water Pokemon! After the commericial break, that main Meguroko, the one with glass, came out of the sand and snatched Kibago with it's teeth. Hahaha! What? It almost looked like Meguroko was going to eat it too. Anyway Ash wanted to play the hero and attack it with an Electric move but Iris was worried about Kibago and the move wouldn't have worked on Ground-type Meguroko anyway. Everyone tried to save Kibago, but when they did, that effing Meguroko took Pikachu's arm and Mijumaru's foot in it's mouth! God I hate that thing, hope it dies. Anyway, here's what I don't get; Team Rocket trapped Meguroko with a magnet. How is that even possible when Meguroko isn't made of metal?

All ridiculousness and illogical crap aside, I love Team Rocket's new motto and wish it had been used back in DP since it screams awesomeness haha. I their attempt to get away with Pikachu, Team Rocket tossed a smoke bomb at Ash and Iris which looked a lot more like an active grenade to me. Kind of iffy. Just as Team Rocket plans their next move, all the wild Meguroko come and attempt to bury Team Rocket's machine which seems like the obvious thing for them to do. I loved the Isshu Gym Leader music that played at that point though! Meguroko then dropped off Pikachu and Mijumaru at some rocky area with wild nervous-looking Shikijika, Minezumi, and Mamepato. Hot water geysers start appearing everywhere and I'm here freaking out and the suddeness of it all lol. That hot water started creeping close to the Pokemon yet those Meguroko kept leading the others there for some reason.

Character of the day kid comes up with some sort of theory, but Ash is more interested in Pikachu and Mijumaru to care much. The geysers go crazy and create a sea of hot water, trapping the wild Isshu Pokemon on a rock in the middle. I laughed when Ash burned his foot trying to help them though, I'm just mean. The wild Meguroko surprised me when they started getting into all sorts of groovy positions and they built a bridge for the wild Pokemon to use in order to cross the hot water (why couldn't the Mamepato just fly?). I guess they were good afterall. Ash helped convince the shy wild Isshu Pokemon to cross the Meguroko bridge and he even assisted in helping them all cross over safetly. I was just laughing out loud when that one geyser went straight at Ash even though they usually erupt upwards, not at an angle.

Mijumaru does a great thing though and protects Ash from the boiling hot water of the geyser by using it's own Water-type attack against it. However, I was shocked when Mijumaru fell towards the boiling hot water below. No!! Thankfully, Ash returned Mijumaru into Professor Araragi's Pokeball, therefore saving it from certain doom via getting boiled alive and officially capturing the little stalker. Thank God, I can breathe easily now. Then right when Ash almost falls in himself, Iris saves him and it looked seriously cute. A Shipping moment maybe? Anyway when things are over and done with, we find Ash, Iris, Pikachu, and Mijumaru in one of the hot springs at the spa. Fanservice maybe? Anyway, it all ends with yet another sappy moment, though that Meguroko with glasses ruined things with it's creepy laugh. I still have NO idea what the heck was up with that one. Anyway, interesting third episode. Not fun exactly, but better than expected to say the least. I'm a fan. 8/10.
    Last edited by Lorde; 1st October 2010 at 8:48 AM. Reason: Spelling error.

A shipping moment? There were tons of shipping moment, and that's just looking at the pics. AshxIris or AshxDawn... who to choose...
    NOTICE: Me posting in a thread DOES NOT always mean I want your FC. If I DO want your FC, I will ask for it.
    3DS FC 2878-9669-5722. Add me for MK7/New Leaf/Pokemon X/Y
    STILL looking for an

CURRENT SHINY HUNTS
    Braixen///Frogadier - FS RE - Pokemon X - On Hold
    - MM - Pokemon X - On Hold
    - MM - Pokemon X - On Hold
    Zwellious/Druddigon - RE Victory Road - Pokemon X - On Hold

Friend Safari: Fairy with Kirlia, Jigglypuff and Clefairy.

You're not my mum or dad, therefore, you cannot tell me what to do.

Just saw the episode pictures, and this was a decent episode from what I can make out, but Mijumaru is more like Bayleef than I thought. I'd like to see when they meet each other.

I hope Ash obtains pokemon at a much slower rate than recent years. I don't want him to have a full party before we even reach the third gym. This would mean more speculation as to what his Grass, Fire and "Other" types will be.
    Some days you just can't force a smile. :<

Ash could also have reserves. I particularly like him to fill out his even, and then Oak, release, send for training, whatever, just to see him with more poke'mon. Although, I won't want it to hurt the quality though i.e not give him so many poke'mon that he can't handle, or more importantly that the writers can't handle when it comes to the league(especially if it means using previous generation poke'mon).

Nice episode. I'm glad I got to see my favorite 5th gen Pokemon early on in the show, now hopefully it will show up more and be on the main cast just so I can see it more.

Team Rocket still haven't blasted off yet. I hope it stays that way, it was nice at first but now they have gotten really serious, changing it would be a waste in my opinion.

Ash gets Mijumaru, not a surprise. It was funny how when he tried to catch it it failed since it already belonged to someone(Araragi in this case), I think I mentioned something about that before Best Wishes aired, how there was no red light when the ball was thrown meaning it was already owned(Same thing happened to Pokabu in one of the previews we had a month or so ago).

Meguroko at the end was funny. I hope it does follow Ash and show up time to time, eventually leading to a capture.
    3DS Friend Code: 3153-4608-8374
    Friend Safari: Steel(Ferroseed, Forretress, and Bronzong)

Ash will probably catch Pokabu or Tsujarata(with the pig being more likely) at first, and to have Meguroko follow so long, I just can't see that.

Did Iris attack Meguroko when it had Kibago in it's mouth? She was totally wrestling it.

breathe it in, i'm gonna shine. it's my moment, i'm going to fly.

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast