Thread: How will the 5th generation affect the 3rd?

Default How will the 5th generation affect the 3rd?

Black and White are compatible with Generation IV, which means they're also indirectly compatible with Generation III. I played through FireRed again to prepare for Black and White. Are you guys gonna make use of your Generation III carts for the 5th generation?

Also, I've had the same Blaziken who I've been transferring between games for 5 years now since Emerald. If R/S remakes do come out, it's like his journey will come full circle...

If you copy and paste this into your signature, you will have copied and pasted it into your signature.

Hmm, I'll probably just mainly use it for dex purposes, but yes.

I still have my nice TRU Mew on FireRed though, but my starter and some legendaries are permanetley gone as I migrated them without cloning.
    Take it easy
    "See you next summer..."
    (S2 is now!)
    I'm looking for an old piece of art I requested on here years ago and lost. It was a brown-haired girl with a pink wristband riding a Torterra. If you think you have this picture saved or have seen it somewhere please let me know and send it to me.

Just wait til Dazzling Ruby and Glistening Sapphire.
    Kidding.
    I imagine it won't have too much effect on the 3rd gen really. Just events from the games can be transferred.

Probably not. I have a living Pokédex on Diamond so I can generally just breed the Pokémon I want. I suppose I might use them if I want to get the 3rd Gen. legendaries in BW, unless I just choose to send them from Diamond, but apart from that I doubt I'll use them.

Will pokemon from previous gens have access to new 5th gen abilities? They will probably have access to new moves but what about abilities?

|My Eggs|
    Spriters Resource for sprites.

Quote Originally Posted by RedMage23 View Post
    Black and White are compatible with Generation IV, which means they're also indirectly compatible with Generation III. I played through FireRed again to prepare for Black and White. Are you guys gonna make use of your Generation III carts for the 5th generation?

Also, I've had the same Blaziken who I've been transferring between games for 5 years now since Emerald. If R/S remakes do come out, it's like his journey will come full circle...
    GBA, No

But, like i did with XD (Gallade with Sing, Tangrowth with Morning Sun, you get the picture) I will restart Pokemon Colosseum and Pokemon XD to get those special pokemon on White.

Quote Originally Posted by RedMage23 View Post

I'd never thought of it that way...

For legendaries and starters, perhaps. I don't own Emerald, so BF move tutors don't factor.

^ Never underestimate the ability of 1 Megabyte to bring out every emotion imaginable.