Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Absol-ute Disaster! (384)

Default Absol-ute Disaster! (384)

Absol-ute Disaster!

Travelling towards Sootopolis City, Ash & Co. see an Absol. Whenever an Absol appears a disaster is likely to happen. Angered Ash battles Absol but it's too late and a flood heads towards the village. Can it be stopped?

Visit The Episode Guide

Discuss

Quickie until I get back to America:

-Basic plot--Absol is hated by some villagers because it seems to be the cause of disasters. There's a kid and his/her (not entirely sure of the gender) older brother who doesn't believe that Absol is the cause. So the episode is spent trying to locate Absol and prove its innocence.

-No captures or evolutions.

-The eyecatch this time: Regice.
    Webmaster of Dogasu's Backpack.

Sounds like a cool filler episode. I actually like the Pokemon Absol and not because of the Disasters.
    I have 3 Swellow's I believe, Swell, Tail and another one forgot that other name lol

The pictures looked interesting. Now I'm positive that Absol is based off a cougar or mountain lion! Absol looked so elegant yet deadly, looks like a great episode.
    *~ Happily Paired Up with MewSkitty! ^^ ~*
    *~ Rivals with Breeder! XD ~*
    -------Catnip-Powered Skitty™-----
    All rights to act insane reserved.

XD Yet another boss daydream gone bust. I think I can start to pallet them more when some of them aren't so much pie in the sky.

Some people don't think it's funny that Exit 69 gets off on Big Beaver.

i'm just curoius what is the cowboy's name? i would find it funny if he has a japanese name when dress as a western cowboy lol.

This is the first one for some time that does not look that good, might be okay though
    Scrubs (My Cold Shower) JD's closing Monolouge: As I looked at all the relationships around me, Some that had gone on forever, (Cox and Jordan) Some that were reigniting, (Carla and Turk) And some that were had just begun, (Elliot and Keith) I realized something.

It should have been me. (In reference to Elliot while he is taking a cold shower.)
    YES, JElliot is coming back. Screw Elliot Keith, and all its backers.

So what move was that Heracross using when it fired the white beam? Hidden Power? Secret Power? A projectile Megahorn? What was it?

An interesting note, from the pictures it looks like this Absol is a good deal smaller than the one that was in the sixth movie. Of course, pokemon vary in size according to age, experience, genes and such, but it is worth noting that they didn't try to make this Absol a clone of the one in the movie. ^_^

And I can't tell who caught what? At one point in the screenshots it shows the boy and Pikachu falling and Swellow coming down to save them, then at semingly another point it shows Absol saving a boy. Did Swellow catch anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by Pokemon Fan
    So what move was that Heracross using when it fired the white beam? Hidden Power? Secret Power? A projectile Megahorn? What was it?

An interesting note, from the pictures it looks like this Absol is a good deal smaller than the one that was in the sixth movie. Of course, pokemon vary in size according to age, experience, genes and such, but it is worth noting that they didn't try to make this Absol a clone of the one in the movie. ^_^

And I can't tell who caught what? At one point in the screenshots it shows the boy and Pikachu falling and Swellow coming down to save them, then at semingly another point it shows Absol saving a boy. Did Swellow catch anyone?
    Heracross's move: Hidden Power

Absol caught the boy (I think his name was Noboru, but I can't be sure, as he doesn't appear in the credits). Swellow caught Max, but wasn't able to get Pikachu as well. Pikachu was saved thanks to the arrival of Satoru (Noboru's brother) and his Heracross.

And... we have a name for Absol's 'swing its head and fire a blade of energy' attack: Kamaitachi. Or to use the dub term, Razor Wind.

Bulbagarden | Serebii.net
    Member at both. Mod at both.
    And sick and tired of the Joe-Liam feud.

Guys, Satoru is NOT a cowboy. >_> Think Indiana Jones only Japanese and you've got Satoru.

This episode's really good. I liked the explanation of how Satoru began battling Absol and ever went out of his way to save it during battle as it began to fall off the edge of a hill.

3DS FC: 3222-6347-6877 | Nintendo Network ID: Tsukento

well geez SORRY! it just that at first glance at this guy you think cowboy. ok? i mean cowboys or rather gunmen have trench coats and scarfs like this guy does.

Quote Originally Posted by Pokemon Fan
    An interesting note, from the pictures it looks like this Absol is a good deal smaller than the one that was in the sixth movie. Of course, pokemon vary in size according to age, experience, genes and such
    This absol could just been an abnormality, similar to how Ash's noctowl was smaller than average but was more powerful.
    "Psychos... they always love comics." - Det. Elliot Stabler.

Quote Originally Posted by That Scary Clefairy
    well geez SORRY! it just that at first glance at this guy you think cowboy. ok? i mean cowboys or rather gunmen have trench coats and scarfs like this guy does.
    Yes, but the resemblance to Indiana Jones is even more striking.

[img135]http://www.graphicexpectations.com/posterimg/Indiana%20Jones%20DVD.jpg[/img135]

Bulbagarden - The Original Pokemon Community.
    PSN: ShinyGeodude XBL: Shiny Geodude
    Add me and tell me please.

Quote Originally Posted by Geodude
    Yes, but the resemblance to Indiana Jones is even more striking.
    I knew before I came to this thread everyone was going to think "Ha! Indiana Jones!" It's meant to be Indiana Jones anyway, the writers just used it as a foundation to design a stand-in character - it's no coincidence I assure you.

I'm putting ten bucks down for Lisa Ortez to do the little kid's voice in the dub version.

I'm quite puzzled though. Is Noboru a girl or a boy? o_O Noboru looks like both, yet has more of a girlish voice. But the name doesn't help at all since Japanese names can be used for any gender. x_X;

Quote Originally Posted by Edward Elric
    I'm quite puzzled though. Is Noboru a girl or a boy? o_O Noboru looks like both, yet has more of a girlish voice. But the name doesn't help at all since Japanese names can be used for any gender. x_X;
    Almost certainly a boy. That was the impression I got the first time through the episode, and it's supported by the fact that Satoshi and Takeshi address him as "Noboru-kun".

Yay Absol! My 2nd fav........
    They could of created such a good plotline, but I belive it's a kid of the day thinks of special pokemon and saves Ash&co episode.

Any eyecatch pics?

Quote Originally Posted by Murgatroyd
    And... we have a name for Absol's 'swing its head and fire a blade of energy' attack: Kamaitachi. Or to use the dub term, Razor Wind.
    Interesting, and yet again we see the vastly different forms the same attack can take in the anime depending on what is using it and (theoretically) how. With Razor Wind we now have the "Gust with energy blades" form done by Golbat back in Kanto, the "twisting tube of rotating wind" done by Swiftry, and the "condensed blade of wind energy" done by Absol.

Rocket Grunt Maggie Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Edward Elric
    I agree with you. Noboru has weird voice. Exactly like a girl, but he is a boy.
    I belived, that older guy is his father, but now I see, he is his bro^^
    Absol was really great. So..umm... hot XD I really like Abusoru and I`m glad, I could see him in anime. It has a nice voice.
    I belive, Noboru liked Abusoru a lot. They have similar names: Abusoru-Noboru, but I think, its not so important.
    I like music from episode. It was not a normal poke-music, only music from a Pokemon Movie.
    Only one thing, Ash & co said "Hello" to Jessie, James and Meowth. Do they really think, Meowth is a little human? o.O

Quote Originally Posted by Murgatroyd
    Almost certainly a boy. That was the impression I got the first time through the episode, and it's supported by the fact that Satoshi and Takeshi address him as "Noboru-kun".
    Hm, quite odd. I was under the impression he was a girl since his voice was too feminine to be a little boy's voice. Yeah, I know Japanese women do voice acting work for a good chunk of males, but Noboru's voice seemed abit too girly.

I also think it is a boy because he refers to himself using boku instead of atashi. My theory is that the voice director didn't have another actress available or maybe it was a guest star, could someone check the credits?

I did check the credits. He was the one character who didn't appear at all.

That's strange, because he was the main filler character in this episode.=/ Anyway, I really enjoyed this episode. It had a good plot, not really like anything we've seen before and it also had some really cool pokémon. I thought Satoru was cool to begin with since he had the whole Indiana Jones thing going on, but him having a Heracross was definately a huge bonus.^^ Absol was also cool, it has the same mysterious and powerful feel as it did in Wishmaker.
    ~

Gryphon Turboclaw Guest

Question

Quick question about Satoru: Didn't Max mention something about a trainer in the Silver Conference by that name(in the Japanese version of There's No Place Like Hoenn )? Or am I just misremembering what was in the ep guide?

Oh yeah! XD Masato used to call Satoshi by the name Satoru in the original version when they first met. I forgot all about that.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast