Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Absol-ute Disaster! (384)

Right...the dub equivalent would be Max calling him Al instead of Ash.

Bulbagarden - The Original Pokemon Community.
    PSN: ShinyGeodude XBL: Shiny Geodude
    Add me and tell me please.

Alf, actually. :P
    [IMG]http://i52.*******.com/v6t8cg.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i54.*******.com/28cec2e.jpg[/IMG]

3DS FC: 3222-6347-6877 | Nintendo Network ID: Tsukento

Wait, what attack did Swellow/Forretress use when all the pokemon were attacking the rock?

I don't remember them having a projectile, or were they the only ones missing in that scene?

Oosubame and Forretress weren't being used at all.
    [IMG]http://i52.*******.com/v6t8cg.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i54.*******.com/28cec2e.jpg[/IMG]

3DS FC: 3222-6347-6877 | Nintendo Network ID: Tsukento

Yeah Swellow and Forretress have never used any projectile attacks aside from Forretress' Spikes, which don't even do immediate damage in the games...so yeah.

Bulbagarden - The Original Pokemon Community.
    PSN: ShinyGeodude XBL: Shiny Geodude
    Add me and tell me please.

vulpix Guest

i can't wait to see this episode because Absol looks so cool!

ash should have caught absol he would have been perfect for the sootopolis gym battle along side corphish.

Pikafan Guest

How Come There Isn't an Episode Guide Yet. When Are We Going To Get it?

can u see regice in this ep

suavesky Guest

it's not fare to absol to be basically bad luck

I can't wait for this ep. I love Absol (one of my favorite from the 3rd gen.)...

Diamond and Pearl
    I'm your biggest fan,
    I'll follow you until you love me<3
    [IMG]http://i47.*******.com/zvo3zt.gif[/IMG]

Joe_Pokemon20000 Guest

THIS IS AN Absol-ute Disaster! I can't believe Ash saw an Absol for worse! Rating: 1.7 Absol-ute Disaster, Absol-ute Vodka!

It looks like we won't be seeing this ep on 12/24 or 12/31-and to think Kids WB was so good in airing 1 new ep every week! I predict a huge ratings drop those 2 weeks-falling behind every other network (which means 4Kids TV will be kings on Xmas Eve and New Years Eve). I predict the ratings would be so embarrasing, that Kids WB will promise to air new eps on 12/25/2010, 1/1/2011. 12/24/2011, and 12/31/2011-should Pokemon still be running by then. Anyone agree? I was really hoping to see this ep, but I guess I have to wait until after I turn 16 (look at my profile for proof).
    Ceci n'est pas une signature
    -----
    RIP Foghorn Leghorn and Casey Kasem

Guess the US won't be seeing it,seeing as Gaining Groudon will be on. =/ I was hoping to see Absol again.
    wow this place really dropped off in activity huh.

We'll get it on the seventh. KidsWB always shows reruns during the Holiday break.

Some people don't think it's funny that Exit 69 gets off on Big Beaver.

You mean I didn't miss anything new?

KidsWB can't and won't show episodes weekly. -_-;

They have to get the amount of episodes in the season to fit in. So sometimes it's two each week (new) or one each week. Or even none each week.

It *is* annoying but what the heck, I missed a few epyies

My revew:

This episode was quite exciting...especially how the gang combined their power to help the Absol.

Speaking of Absol, he sounded very cool, and omnious, which fit him perfectly...the way he helped defeat Team Rocket was cool as well

Team Rocket, on the other hand, was mainly there for comic relief this go-round...especially them freaking out on that huge rock for most of the time.

But the real prize goes to the Characters of the day...Nicky and Gordon seemed really close, and showing just how far they'd go to defend the Absol was exciting to watch.

Ruby's score: perfect 10!

Tis/ not as I expected, but watev.

And what's with KidWB or 4kids or whoever saying that after the Hoenn was the Elite Four? Heck, that's no elite four! That's the Brains.

This episode was pretty solid. I didn't like the way Ash said "I heard of them." when referring to Absol since he saw one way back in the 6th movie though. :/

The coolest part of the episode was all the gang's Pokemon shooting their elemental attacks at the rock. We've never really seen anything like that in the show before, so it was a nice treat. I wonder if anyone could survive being hit by all those attacks at once.

Ash's voice sounded different in this episode, it seems like Veronica Taylor is experimenting by trying to give him a deeper voice. I'll have to see how it sounds in the next episode to see if what she's doing is successful.

Other things that were swell, Team Rocket's Australian accents and a good Trainer's Choice. (They put all fish Pokemon to confuse the little kiddies).

Good episode.

I don't have a lot to say about this episode, and not just because my sister barged in halfway through.

Nicky was a cool character with a good design. Shame his voice was horrible ._.

Gordon....No comment.

Absol was cool, and its voice suits it, IMO.

The villagers are extremely paranoid, and it's strange that they didn't make the connection between Absol and the disasters ¬_¬

Heracross has one heck of a Hidden Power 0_0 Looked excellent, though.

I liked the music choice when Gordon and Nicky were commenting on Absol's Hyper Beam, even though I don't remember where it's from. I think it's from a movie or something....

Overall rating:
    7.6 out of 10
    I didn't see the whole thing, but I don't think I had to. It seemed quite mediocre, but at least we get to see Absol.

~*CB*~
    The 8th Champion

This episode was pretty good. Absol was awesome. The TR fantasy about giving Absol to the Boss was pretty funny. I agree that Heracross does have a strong Hidden Power (although at first I thought it was Megahorn <I missed the part when Gordon commanded the attack>) Also, it was a little funny how Absol pwned TR at the end when they tried to steal Pikachu.

Geki Guest

What a great episode. It had awesome characters, like Aaron and Absol, and it didn't get boring half-way through like most fillers do. It's a relief from the Vibrava one, WORST EPISODE EVER!

9/10

Yeah, the thing with spelling Hoenn, Hoen, and calling the Frontier Brains the Elite 4. That was just retarded. 5 minutes till I see the eppy.

Well, I read the sinopsis and I think this will be a cool episode. 3 minutes till it starts here.

Edit: Okay, It's on right now. Pikachu falls off, Ash freaks out, and then there are the commercials...
    Last edited by Prelude; 7th January 2006 at 4:07 PM.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast