Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Absol-ute Disaster! (384)

A rather dull and rehashed filler. It was the exact same plot as the first Solrock episode. Stupid townspeople and one person who's smart enough to realize something else was to blame. It even imcluded a problem for crying out loud. Have the writers truly run out of ideas and are just mixing a matching stuff to make it look new. Why didn't they have a certain Absol owning person make an appearance instead of this.

TR also failed to be funny. The rock thing is way old and their accent crap was awful.

5/10 craptacticular filler

Some people don't think it's funny that Exit 69 gets off on Big Beaver.

SaltedSunkern Guest

Quote Originally Posted by CoolTrainerTerry
    Yeah, the thing with spelling Hoenn, Hoen, and calling the Frontier Brains the Elite 4. That was just retarded. 5 minutes till I see the eppy.
    Didn't Ash verse one of the elite four? And get whooped?

Quote Originally Posted by SaltedSunkern
    Didn't Ash verse one of the elite four? And get whooped?
    That was Drake in some other episode

-Ha, whenever Pikachu is about to fall off the bridge, Ash runs to save him, Pikachu jumps off and hits him in the face and Ash falls.
    -May: Nice catch.
    Max: You alright?
    Brock: Pikachu is.
    -TR, Absol Hunters? A little weird, just for the free food.
    -The Absol with the boss was pretty funny.
    -Nicky told off Team Rocket. Hee hee.
    -The reason why TR was on top of the giant rock was funny.
    -Why did Ash tell Nicky he was from Pallet Town?
    -James: They do think we are professional Absol hunters.
    Meowth: And that's the worst disaster of all.
    -I liked Absol's dub voice.
    -Why does Ash always say it's not the Pokemons fault. I don't think it was trying to attack?
    -They didn't screw up Trainer's Choice today! WOW!
    -Gordon looked cool and his dub voice was pretty good, too.
    -It was nice to see a Heracross again.
    -Square Top? That's the best they can come up with?
    -Hidden Power was really strong.
    -The finale was amazing.
    -The finale's music fit perfectly. It was nice to hear music from Pokemon 2000, again.
    -TR: Cheap rental costumes.
    -I still wish Ash caught an Absol. Of course, it's not like he NEEDS another powerhouse Pokemon.
    Last edited by CoolTrainerTerry; 7th January 2006 at 4:34 PM.

And what's with KidWB or 4kids or whoever saying that after the Hoenn was the Elite Four? Heck, that's no elite four! That's the Brains.
    they arent calling it the elite four. although it isnt quite right I can see why they would call it the elite 4 challenge. They could call it that because in Emerald you have to defeat the elite 4 to enter the BF also     Spoiler:

Crap-tastic!

That's what I thought of the episode. But it's not as bad as some of the other episodes this season so far. I guess I was just a little P-O'ed because once again, another pokemon in a movie ignored like that. It was either that or that f-ing commerical...ELITE FOUR!

DENTO-FRUIT
    100% fruit for 100% real fangirls

nothing too special about this episode I'm afriad...

I find it very bizzare that the mountains would have square and circle formations on them though...
    Part-time Fanfic writer, Full-time crank.

This episode, I wonder... how can Ash & friends NOT see through Team Rocket's disguises?

Because they never do...

I wasn't too impressed. It was nice, however, to see Skitty again. I almost forgot May had one since     Spoiler:
    ...that and she hadn't used it in quite a long time. Of all those attacks, Shedinja would resist every one EXCEPT Torkoal's Flamethrower (provided Heracross' HP wasn't Fire, Rock, Flying, Ghost, or Dark). <-- Useless trivia :-D
    Proposed Alpha Sapphire Team

???

I wasn't too impressed. Plot wasn't original and even TR wasn't too funny this time around. Filler characters weren't really memorable. The Trapinch ep was still worse just because of the cheesy romance cliche, but otherwise, I disliked both eps just about equally.
    My OTPs. I also like Rocketshipping.

Paired with ~Ampris~ in the InsanelyLongPMsship

Proud member of the Club for Brock's Fans. The character's sadly unappreciated these days.

Quote Originally Posted by jolteonjak
    Of all those attacks, Shedinja would resist every one EXCEPT Torkoal's Flamethrower (provided Heracross' HP wasn't Fire, Rock, Flying, Ghost, or Dark). <-- Useless trivia :-D
    Heracross can learn Rock Slide genius.

Some people don't think it's funny that Exit 69 gets off on Big Beaver.

No kidding. But did it use it in the episode? No, genius. Half of the Pokemon used in that scene could probably learn Aerial Ace...
    Proposed Alpha Sapphire Team

???

Okay episode. Didn't take my interest as much as I would have liked.

The Australian accents were rather funny to me. Couldn't quite catch James' accent... probably didn't have one. It doesn't matter though, his voice sucks now anyway. Just about every other joke TR made was just plain corny, so I can't say they helped this episode that much.

Absol arrive right before a disaster as a warning, they don't create the disasters themselves. That's what the discovery of the episode was, right? At first I thought they just said, straightforwardly, that Absol don't actually have anything to do with disasters, they just get framed or have occasional bad luck... but that would take away the whole point of Absol.

Scenes with many Pokemon attacking together are kinda cliche... but it was cool seeing them on that cliff attacking. I think I saw an avatar of that or something...

Well, just standard filler for me. 7/10.

Joe_Pokemon20000 Guest

This topic AND episode is an Absol-ute Disaster here!

I hate Absol's voice! It sounds so wierd. I didn't imagine it to be that low :/

Spoiler:- Claims, Clubs And Other Stuff:

Proper punctuation can make a difference of:
    Helping your Uncle Jack, off a horse.
    or
    helping your uncle jack off a horse
    Please PM me if you laughed/smiled at that ^^. PMs [5]

People Who Laughed: shadowswampert93, ~*Mudkip Fantastic*~, the supermonstar, Jonah, Tbone2356

Cool Pokemon Webcomics:
    +Ash's Uncharted Adventures
    +Ace Of Abra
    +Pokemon X

Check them out now!

The only thing I liked about this filler ep was Ash and Co's Pokemon working together with Gordon's Heracross to stop the flood. Everything else was lame.

Aww I liked this episode. Absol was so cool for its first non movie anime appearence. Poor Absol, people thought it brought disasters, but in reality it just tryed to warn people. I will rate this episode 8/10.
    "Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends."-Jesus

Please help save the unborn! http://www.priestsforlife.org/

Well, at LONG last, thanks to the twice-daily afternoon reruns of Cartoon Network, I was FINALLY able to see this episode. Honestly, it was like I had an honest-to-goodness curse over my head with this episode. First I missed its original airing last winter because they changed the airtime to 10 AM, then I missed the one or two afternoon reruns they had before this. Then I had a Hitchcockian moment at the drivethru of McDonalds with hundreds of geese passing over my head after this episode aired. Oh wait, *maybe* that's not connected (but it's true).

Anyway... on to my review. Well, what impressed me the most was Eric Stuart, Rachel Lillis, and Maddie Blaustein with the fake British accents. I don't know if they were even remotely authentic, but they kept them up in all the right places throughout the episode. Good work there. I liked how they got trapped on top of the huge boulder and had no idea how LOL (I also liked Meowth's line about just following the sign about going there for an "all-around good time". Yeah, bad pun, but I still found it funny because of the situation). I loved Wobbuffet accidentally getting knocked over by Meowth during the motto too. LOL The story was really good too. I knew well ahead of time just from mulling things over that absols were really there as warnings of disaster, but it was still enjoyable to watch. Nicky was a bit annoying, but I loved Gordon.

It's also weird how much the show changed in just the nine months since I missed this episode. Hearing the old motto again, seeing adorable little Chimie, seeing so many pokemon that aren't on the show in season nine, it was all so surreal seeing how different the show was at just the beginning of 2006. At least I finally got to see this episode, and I'm very happy. Now if only I could see "Beauty and the Beach"...

Overall, 7.5/10.
    My Shinies: NEW!! 7/15 NEW!! 7/24 NEW!! 7/26
    Currently hunting/MM'ing:
    To reclaim:

An ok episode not one of my favorites, but Absol is always nice to see.
    My Grandmother always said...
    "She who walks the path of heaven will rule over everything"

Mana (4914-3452-1470) (X)
    Gyarados, Octillary, and Azumarill

I thought this episode was quite good really. I know I would have believed that Absol was innocent too, especially if those villagers found a pokedex and read it...
    Claims Amber Benson and Ali Larter as Bishie.

Credits go to the original creators of Cynthia's and Flannery's artwork.
    United we stand but seperated we fall

And so the fifth generation begins...

I always thought Absol was the cause of disasters. I guess a lot of others thought so too, which is why they had to make an entire episode saying that Absol appears before a disaster, but doesn't cause them.

Totally pointless episode. As fillers go, even this was boring. It was like a Pokémon version of the hunt for bloody Frankenstein or something >(
    lord freeza i really need to use the space skype

This was a pretty cool filler. Poor Absol was getting blamed for the disaster. But, yeah, a flood is a pretty good plot line. I liked this.

What you love of mine is always yours.
    Animated by me.
    Wife ~ Daughter ~ Pair ~ Twin ~ Claim

Nice episode, Absol is a cool Pokemon, to bad they blame him at the start
    >>PLEASE DO NOT PM ME, MY 3DS FRIEND LIST IS FULL!<<

I felt bad for Absol, just because it's been labelled as a disaster Pokemon doesn't make it true, they should have given it a chance.

Credit to Mr. Joker for the Glee banner
    Credit to Skiyomi for the lovely Blue Snover banner

If anyone is interested in a custom ribbon for your profile pic, be sure to check out Ayra's sprite thread in the fanart section, if you want to take a look at her work have a look at my profile.

man what an idea, absol tries to warn people for a disaster and then get's the blame,
    human nature at it's best:P anyway it was a nice episode i liked it.

i'm currently on antartica, it might take a while untill i'm back.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast