Results 1 to 24 of 24

Thread: Magnets' BT team

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    86

    Default Magnets' BT team

    Well, I'm back to help IGRMT rise out of the dirt. I thought I would create a team to demonstrate my skill at the battle tower.

    Mesprit@ Choice Scarf
    Bold
    Levitate
    EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spe
    -Trick
    -Thunderwave
    -Charm
    -Flash

    Scizor@ Iron Plate
    Adamant
    Technician
    EVs:248HP/252Atk/4Def/4Spe
    -Swords Dance
    -Substitute
    -Bullet Punch
    -Brick Break

    Garchomp@ Lum Berry
    Jolly
    Sand Veil
    EVs:4HP/252Atk/252Spe
    -Swords Dance
    -Substitute
    -Outrage
    -Earthquake

    This is a pretty boring team, but that's how you get high streaks in the BT. Mine is at 420 and climbing.

    Please rate, if you can.
    Last edited by Magnets; 10th October 2010 at 9:44 AM.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Under the sea
    Posts
    1,076

    Default

    Fuckin' magnets, how do they work? Run Magnezone > Scizor. Teach it Explosion.

    Nice streak, btw. That's almost as much as Terry got.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Virginia, USA
    Posts
    1,936

    Default

    Your Mesprit's EV's could be a bit more specific, something like
    252 HP/186 Spe/72 SpD Calm could let you outspeed base
    115's before the Trick, which is the highest speed tier that you
    should be worried about. (Starmie)

    You may as well use 252 Atk/248 HP/4 Spe/4 Def for
    Scizor's spread, as the 4 Spe EV's will let you beat any other
    Scizor that doesn't invest in Spe.

    Standard 'Chompy is standard.

    You're heavy on the physical side, so maybe consider adding
    a special attacker. I'm not going to name any specifics, since
    you can probably figure it out, so yea, hope this helps.

    ^Click it!^

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    86

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AlCario View Post
    Fuckin' magnets, how do they work? Run Magnezone > Scizor. Teach it Explosion.

    Nice streak, btw. That's almost as much as Terry got.
    What the hell. That barely helped at all. What could Magnezone possibly achieve?

    Quote Originally Posted by GrumpySnorlax View Post
    Your Mesprit's EV's could be a bit more specific, something like
    252 HP/186 Spe/72 SpD Calm could let you outspeed base
    115's before the Trick, which is the highest speed tier that you
    should be worried about. (Starmie)

    You may as well use 252 Atk/248 HP/4 Spe/4 Def for
    Scizor's spread, as the 4 Spe EV's will let you beat any other
    Scizor that doesn't invest in Spe.

    Standard 'Chompy is standard.

    You're heavy on the physical side, so maybe consider adding
    a special attacker. I'm not going to name any specifics, since
    you can probably figure it out, so yea, hope this helps.
    Good point on Scizor. I will consider those EVs on Mesprit; however it is often useful to outspeed everything, I have found.

    Special attacking doesn't really matter so much at +6. Besides, the AI fails at stall, so physical walls shouldn't be a huge problem.

    Thank you for actually giving a competent rate.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Virginia, USA
    Posts
    1,936

    Default

    I will also advise running Brick Break>Superpower, simply because
    dropping your Atk/Def is not preferable, and besides, the lower base
    power will still be effective against most steel types.

    ^Click it!^

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Under the sea
    Posts
    1,076

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Magnets View Post
    What the hell. That barely helped at all. What could Magnezone possibly achieve?
    Magnezone@Leftovers
    Timid; Sturdy
    4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
    -Charge Beam
    -Thunderbolt
    -HP Ice
    -Explosion/Sub

    It works, kind of, and it fills the role of Special Sweeper quite nicely. It would help to put Sub in there somewhere, although you'll probably have to omit Explosion, which is without a doubt the best move in the game and should always be taught to everything that can learn it.

    Thank you for actually giving a competent rate.
    No problem.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Where you live
    Posts
    294

    Default

    Iron Plate makes me lol. Muscle Band, 'nuff said. Helps out with your Bricks and your Breaks.

    I doubt this made 420, proof pl0x.

    You have to worry about them Porygonz, what with their Sp. Attack Download boost if you use the spread you've got right now.

    Update the OP please.
    Ich koche Spaghetti

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Rising
    Posts
    1,801

    Default

    This team really dislikes STAB water attacks. Vaporeon's Surf tops the list of water moves this team hates, especially if it's Scarfed in lead position. To rectify this, I recommend CM Latias with a Draco Plate in place of your Garchomp. It offers better synergy with Scizor, and gives you a strong Special Attacker to use.

    244 Hp / 20 Def / 160 SpA / 84 Spe Timid is the best spread for a sweeper Latias in the tower, and it's a spread designed by both myself and Vaporeon4evr. 84 Spe lets you outrun Garchomp 2-4 (the adamant ones).

    Alternately, you could run 252 Hp / 56 Def / 60 SpA / 140 Spe in order to beat Gillotine Gliscor, the bane of TrickScarf teams, although since it can use U-Turn, that's a much weaker spread. The 60 SpA is the minimum target for Latias, since 138 Special Attack will 2HKO everything in the Battle Tower at +6 with the Draco Plate attached.

    Putting all of that together...

    Latias @ Draco Plate
    Timid
    EVs: (Insert your chosen spread here)
    Ability: Levitate
    -Dragon Pulse
    -Substitute
    -Calm Mind
    -Recover

    There you go. Hopefully this is helpful.

    I have no idea why I gave such a serious rate when your trolling got my last team closed and me infracted for responding to a troll, but meh.
    .:I reach out my hand and find you there:.


  9. #9
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    86

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AlCario View Post
    Magnezone@Leftovers
    Timid; Sturdy
    4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
    -Charge Beam
    -Thunderbolt
    -HP Ice
    -Explosion/Sub

    It works, kind of, and it fills the role of Special Sweeper quite nicely. It would help to put Sub in there somewhere, although you'll probably have to omit Explosion, which is without a doubt the best move in the game and should always be taught to everything that can learn it.
    Get out of my thread.

    No problem.
    That wasn't directed at you.

    Quote Originally Posted by Soroft View Post
    Iron Plate makes me lol. Muscle Band, 'nuff said. Helps out with your Bricks and your Breaks.
    Iron Plate powers up BP, however, which is my main attack.

    I doubt this made 420, proof pl0x.
    I don't have access to a camera, I'm afraid, but I think you can believe me.

    You have to worry about them Porygonz, what with their Sp. Attack Download boost if you use the spread you've got right now.
    Porygon2/z have not been an issue to me.

    Update the OP please.
    I shall.

    Quote Originally Posted by Eon Master View Post
    This team really dislikes STAB water attacks. Vaporeon's Surf tops the list of water moves this team hates, especially if it's Scarfed in lead position. To rectify this, I recommend CM Latias with a Draco Plate in place of your Garchomp. It offers better synergy with Scizor, and gives you a strong Special Attacker to use.

    244 Hp / 20 Def / 160 SpA / 84 Spe Timid is the best spread for a sweeper Latias in the tower, and it's a spread designed by both myself and Vaporeon4evr. 84 Spe lets you outrun Garchomp 2-4 (the adamant ones).

    Alternately, you could run 252 Hp / 56 Def / 60 SpA / 140 Spe in order to beat Gillotine Gliscor, the bane of TrickScarf teams, although since it can use U-Turn, that's a much weaker spread. The 60 SpA is the minimum target for Latias, since 138 Special Attack will 2HKO everything in the Battle Tower at +6 with the Draco Plate attached.

    Putting all of that together...

    Latias @ Draco Plate
    Timid
    EVs: (Insert your chosen spread here)
    Ability: Levitate
    -Dragon Pulse
    -Substitute
    -Calm Mind
    -Recover

    There you go. Hopefully this is helpful.
    Thank you for the advice, I will consider it.

    I have no idea why I gave such a serious rate when your trolling got my last team closed and me infracted for responding to a troll, but meh.
    Yeah, sorry about that.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Where you live
    Posts
    294

    Default

    It doesn't matter if it's your primary attack move, really. Not using Muscle Band when you can with even more success is just wasteful. They both give the exact same bonus, except Muscle Band benefits Brick Break.

    If you were able to make it to 420, you'd know that. Just sayin'.

    In the BT, you can never believe someone claiming they've reached a certain point unless they have proof. Sorry, but I really can't. Surely you understand. Believe me, I know what it's like. I had to get photo proof of my shiny Rayquaza.
    Ich koche Spaghetti

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Cambodia
    Posts
    863

    Default

    Iron Plate is a 20% boost. Muscle Band is a 10% boost.

    Do the math, Soroft.
    156 Pokemon in the Unova dex. 6 of them are event Pokemon.
    151 Pokemon in the Kanto dex. 1 of them is an event Pokemon.

    When you see it...

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Where you live
    Posts
    294

    Default

    ^Orly? Last website I checked had the same bonus. That's just turrible. Still, Muscle Band does nicely to help out against LeviSteels.

    Also, Scizor's Speed EVs should be distributed a little differently, since that one point of Speed won't do much with Bullet Punch. The first point allows outspeeding of non-invested Scizors, but the other point, as GS said, really could do more in a different field. Not by much, but meh.
    Ich koche Spaghetti

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    86

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Soroft View Post
    It doesn't matter if it's your primary attack move, really. Not using Muscle Band when you can with even more success is just wasteful. They both give the exact same bonus, except Muscle Band benefits Brick Break.

    If you were able to make it to 420, you'd know that. Just sayin'.
    I have a feeling that you are just trying to start an argument with me for no real reason, because Muscle Band over Iron Plate is wrong. If you knew anything about the BT you would know that.

    In the BT, you can never believe someone claiming they've reached a certain point unless they have proof. Sorry, but I really can't. Surely you understand. Believe me, I know what it's like. I had to get photo proof of my shiny Rayquaza.
    Well, I understand that proof is necessary sometimes. However, I have no access to a digital camera, so I am afraid that you have to take my word for it. You probably won't, but whatever. My streak peaked at 441, in case anyone wants to know.

    Quote Originally Posted by Soroft View Post
    ^Orly? Last website I checked had the same bonus. That's just turrible. Still, Muscle Band does nicely to help out against LeviSteels.
    Brick Break is supereffective against most of them, and at +6 it will KO just about all of the problematic ones without the boost from Muscle Band. No thanks.

    Also, Scizor's Speed EVs should be distributed a little differently, since that one point of Speed won't do much with Bullet Punch. The first point allows outspeeding of non-invested Scizors, but the other point, as GS said, really could do more in a different field. Not by much, but meh.
    True that. I forgot to edit it in when GS suggested it.
    Last edited by Magnets; 10th October 2010 at 9:42 AM.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Where you live
    Posts
    294

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Magnets
    I have a feeling that you are just trying to start an argument with me for no real reason, because Muscle Band over Iron Plate is wrong. If you knew anything about the BT you would know that.
    For one, I don't like to start many arguments, but I will engage in them if necessary. Two, insulting my intelligence because I messed up on an item suggestion for a moveset isn't exactly enjoyed.

    Well, I understand that proof is necessary sometimes. However, I have no access to a digital camera, so I am afraid that you have to take my word for it. You probably won't, but whatever. My streak peaked at 441, in case anyone wants to know.
    Then you either need a cell phone from the last five years, or a laptop. It doesn't work as well, but it gets the job done. But I do understand, there's not much of a point to digital cameras imo.
    Ich koche Spaghetti

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    20

    Default

    Wow. Um,where to start here.
    Seriously dude, MESPRIT!!!!!! When there's AZELF!!!! WHY!!!!

    Sure this isn't competitive, but there's a reason Azelf's higher rated: in a world of trouble, when you don't know what you'll find, Azelf can check his way through some tough spots.

    Trust me, I'm no Azelf fan. Heck, I would like to see a Pikachu on a team, but that won't happen. It's just, Azelf could bring in the crucial Special side to this team. Or you can run MixNite or something.

    And WTP at Iron Plate. Who cares about Bullet Punch being the main attack. You have freakin' Choice Band for that.

    In conclusion: Azelf for lead, Choice Band for Scizor.

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Under the sea
    Posts
    1,076

    Default

    I almost agree with Jbpuffin44, although I don't think Choice Band is the right item on Scizor.

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Cambodia
    Posts
    863

    Default

    156 Pokemon in the Unova dex. 6 of them are event Pokemon.
    151 Pokemon in the Kanto dex. 1 of them is an event Pokemon.

    When you see it...

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    86

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Soroft View Post
    For one, I don't like to start many arguments, but I will engage in them if necessary. Two, insulting my intelligence because I messed up on an item suggestion for a moveset isn't exactly enjoyed.
    I also only engage in arguments when necessary. Unfortunately, they are almost always necessary, especially here, where people are wrong so often that an argument is unavoidable, if things are to be corrected.

    At no point have I insulted your intelligence; I never thought you could have misinterpreted what I said so much.

    Then you either need a cell phone from the last five years, or a laptop. It doesn't work as well, but it gets the job done. But I do understand, there's not much of a point to digital cameras imo.
    It would be difficult to read the number of my best streak when the resolution is so poor; I've seen other people's attempts at trying to use mobile phones etc for it, and that is how it has been. I also could never be bothered: I hold no ambition to be in the smogon ranking hall (which is the only place where proof is required anyway), since most of the streaks over there aren't much good, and it wouldn't mean a lot to anyone if I beat them. I only play the battle tower for my own personal satisfaction, you see.

    Quote Originally Posted by Jbpuffin44 View Post
    Wow. Um,where to start here.
    Seriously dude, MESPRIT!!!!!! When there's AZELF!!!! WHY!!!!
    Because Mesprit is better.

    Sure this isn't competitive, but there's a reason Azelf's higher rated: in a world of trouble, when you don't know what you'll find, Azelf can check his way through some tough spots.

    Trust me, I'm no Azelf fan. Heck, I would like to see a Pikachu on a team, but that won't happen. It's just, Azelf could bring in the crucial Special side to this team. Or you can run MixNite or something.
    Azelf is only viable as a Nasty Plot sweeper. And even then it requires a team to be built around it, usually. Please go and have a love affair with Azelf somewhere else.

    And WTP at Iron Plate. Who cares about Bullet Punch being the main attack. You have freakin' Choice Band for that.

    In conclusion: Azelf for lead, Choice Band for Scizor.
    What a stupid idea. Firstly, I have already stated several times the reason for my usage of Iron Plate. Secondly, Choice Band is just moronic. You don't even see the purpose of this team, do you? Although you're probably a troll so I just wasted my time replying to you.

    Quote Originally Posted by AlCario View Post
    I almost agree with Jbpuffin44, although I don't think Choice Band is the right item on Scizor.
    How could even come close to agreeing with that idiot. People say you aren't a troll, but I'm becoming less and less convinced of that. You need to gtfo.

    Quote Originally Posted by ungulateman View Post
    ^This.

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Cambodia
    Posts
    863

    Default

    Al is a troll. That doesn't stop him from being a good rater when he wants to be. He just lost hope like all the other good raters, except instead of leaving (Vaporeon4Ever, CT), he simply burns himself out trolling IGTR, trying to keep just a few sparks in his heart alive.
    156 Pokemon in the Unova dex. 6 of them are event Pokemon.
    151 Pokemon in the Kanto dex. 1 of them is an event Pokemon.

    When you see it...

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    86

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ungulateman View Post
    Al is a troll. That doesn't stop him from being a good rater when he wants to be. He just lost hope like all the other good raters, except instead of leaving (Vaporeon4Ever, CT), he simply burns himself out trolling IGTR, trying to keep just a few sparks in his heart alive.
    It would be nice if he could keep them alive by doing something useful.

    Any more rates?

  21. #21
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Under the sea
    Posts
    1,076

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Magnets View Post
    It would be nice if he could keep them alive by doing something useful.
    Tbh, I would say that posting rates for teams on pokemon forum is only marginally more useful than trolling said forum. The advantage of trolling is that it is a skill that can be used anywhere; pokemon basically limits you to either here or smogon. Being more intelligent than most people here, you should know that.

    Anyway, this team is very similar to one of Dr. Dimentio's on Smogon. The only major difference is that you are using Mesprit instead of Uxie. However, the main concern of mine is that your streak of 441 is significantly higher than Dimentio's 196. From what I know of him (not a lot, admittedly), he is/was one of the best BT-ers out there. I'm sure you will understand when Soroft and I question your legitimacy. While you may well have achieved such a record, you cannot flaunt it without proof. I understand what you're saying, but if you don't care about your streaks, don't post them.

  22. #22
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    86

    Default

    Trolling is not a skill. It does nothing for anyone else, and it does nothing for you.

    I have heard of Dr. Dimentio; however, I have not heard of that team until now. Having gone to smogon and looked at the one I think you mean, my team is nothing like it anyway. Please stop being so difficult.

    I don't understand your argument. Why should I withold information (i.e. my BT streak), even if I have no proof for it, when it is not damaging to anyone, and it is the truth anyway?

  23. #23
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Rising
    Posts
    1,801

    Default

    ^Simply because it does damage something: Your credibility. If you go on about how you got a ridiculously high streak with a team someone else has already tried, people are going to think you're trolling them. Al isn't being difficult, he's trying to be helpful for once, and he's right.

    Tbh, I don't really believe it either, seeing as how it would be #5 on Smogon's BT records list, and it has none of the elements of teams that have made it that far, i.e. Psuedo-invincible Team Members, Accupressure abuse, specialized spreads, ect. While I'm sure this team is more than capable of 200 wins, I doubt 442 (or whatever you claim to have acchieved) is possible with a team of this level. Just throwing that out there.
    .:I reach out my hand and find you there:.


  24. #24
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Where you live
    Posts
    294

    Default

    Tbh, I don't really believe it either, seeing as how it would be #5 on Smogon's BT records list, and it has none of the elements of teams that have made it that far, i.e. Psuedo-invincible Team Members, Accupressure abuse, specialized spreads, ect. While I'm sure this team is more than capable of 200 wins, I doubt 442 (or whatever you claim to have acchieved) is possible with a team of this level. Just throwing that out there.
    This. Eon put it so much better than I could have possibly done. It's a TrickScarf DragonSteel team, and while that means it's almost guaranteed 100 wins to any competent battler, 442 is a bit of a stretch.
    Ich koche Spaghetti

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •