Thread: Second 5th Gen RMT; this one's OU, and for cartridge games with friends

Default Second 5th Gen RMT; this one's OU, and for cartridge games with friends

So, as it says in the title, this is an RMT designed for actual realistic cartridge games, with the rules I play with my friends. This means there will be no Wish Blisseys (from the NY PokeCenter for like 2 weeks) or other unrealistic pokemon (like Dream World ones that don't exist yet), and with the rules I play with my friends. Also no Hidden Powers, since it's hard to do IVs in-game. Maybe this breaks the rules of an RMT, but I just want advice on a 5th gen team I might actually raise. Oh, and our house rules are, most importantly, no legendaries of any sort (even OU or lower ones) and the Item Clause. I just want to know what you all think of it.

@ Leftovers
    Torrent
    Relaxed
    252 HP / 216 Def / 52 SpD
    -Stealth Rock
    -Earthquake
    -Boiling Water
    -Protect

I have always loved Swampert as a lead, and this is just a variation of the old Mixpert Lead. Basically I took out Ice Beam in favour of Boiling Water (though Surf is also viable). This thing can kill some good traditional leads and can tank fairly well if need be. Protect is in there for defense and Leftovers protection.

@ Bulb
    Water Absorb
    Bold
    252 HP / 188 Def / 68 SpD
    -Wish
    -Protect
    -Surf
    -Toxic

Another variation on a classic. I went for more EVs in HP to take advantage of Wish-passing as much as I could. This thing also serves as another tank (more Specially than Physically). I had a hard time choosing Toxic over Ice Beam though. I am also uncertain about its current item, as the Bulb seems useful, but situational and not all that great for a Wish-passer.

@ Evolution Stone
    Pressure
    Careful
    252 HP / 52 Def / 200 SpD
    -Night Shade
    -Will-O-Wisp
    -Pain Split
    -Protect

Have I mentioned how much I like Protect? This is kind of a chip off of Dusknoir's old block, but without any attacking investment. Pain Split is as much for healing as it is for damage. I wanted this thing to be able to hold up in both defenses, but more Specially, hence the EVs. If there are any suggestions for Protect replacements I am wont to hear them.

@ Lum Berry
    Mold Breaker
    Adamant
    252 Atk / 252 Spe / 4 HP
    -Dragon Dance
    -Dragon Claw
    -Earthquake
    -Rock Slide

I revamped this and made him into a Dragon Dancing Ononokusu (which I daresay we'll see fairly often). The moves are typical coverage moves, and I decided to go for an Adamant nature, as his Speed is competent enough (lower than Garchomp's and Salamence's, but he will be Dragon Dancing) while his attack is 17 higher than the former's and 12 higher than the latter's. The Lum Berry is in place to prevent Paralysis; other possibilities are a Haban or Yache berry and a Life Orb. Outrage is also a possibility over Dragon Claw.

@ Choice Specs
    Adaptability
    Timid
    252 SpA / 252 Spe / 4 HP
    -Tri-Attack
    -Thunderbolt
    -Ice Beam
    -Shadow Ball

This used to be an Urgamoth, but the poor coverage of its moveset made me change it to Porygon-Z. Now, I know he's not the best Special Sweeper, but he seemed to fit the team very well. I went Timid over Modest to make up for his 90 speed. The moveset is different from recommended, but I went for the classic BoltBeam combo. I also chose Shadow Ball over Dark Pulse to kill Ghosts, just out of preference, and so I could raise this guy entirely on a 5th gen cartridge.

@ Life Orb
    Illusion
    Naive
    252 Spe / 180 SpA / 76 Atk
    -Night Slash
    -Flamethrower
    -Focus Blast
    -Grass Knot

He used to have a Choice Scarf but now has a Life Orb for better attacking prowess. He's, naturally, my mixed attacker with a focus on special, and relying on STAB for his physical.

Now, you may notice this doesn't deal well with weather, I have a few item and move issues, and no Rapid Spinner. Any help is appreciated! Thanks!
    Last edited by Aerophoenix; 8th October 2010 at 11:03 PM.
    My Pokemon Black Team (Coming Spring 2011)
    Maru PyroTaüschenRaiAjagraCoatl

It's going to be kinda hard to make good changes with those rules in play.

On Vaporeon, I think that the Bulb item will do you some good, since Swampert already has Leftovers. The Bulb raises SpA whenever a Pokemon is hit by a Water move, so if Vaporeon switches in on a Water move it gets more SpA and HP.

Urgamoth is a tricky one. With your current moveset, you are walled by quite a few Pokemon, and without the use of HP Ground you are going to be in trouble. Gale and Psychic (like you mentioned) are the only two moves that I can see that may add some other coverage. You still get walled by Heatran, though.

On Zoroak, have you considered running a pure special set? You could replace Night Slash with Night Burst and run Timid nature with a 252Spe/252SpA/4HP EV spread.

An option that I just thought I'd share with you would be a DD Ononokusu. You could try this.

Ononokusu@Haban Berry
    Jolly
    Mold Breaker
    EVs: 252 Atk, 252 Spe, 4 HP
    Moves:
    -Dragon Dance
    -Outrage
    -Earthquake
    -Rock Slide/Shadow Claw

Other than that, the rest of your team looks alright. Hope this helps! And good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by jesusfreak94 View Post
    It's going to be kinda hard to make good changes with those rules in play.

On Vaporeon, I think that the Bulb item will do you some good, since Swampert already has Leftovers. The Bulb raises SpA whenever a Pokemon is hit by a Water move, so if Vaporeon switches in on a Water move it gets more SpA and HP.

Urgamoth is a tricky one. With your current moveset, you are walled by quite a few Pokemon, and without the use of HP Ground you are going to be in trouble. Gale and Psychic (like you mentioned) are the only two moves that I can see that may add some other coverage. You still get walled by Heatran, though.

On Zoroak, have you considered running a pure special set? You could replace Night Slash with Night Burst and run Timid nature with a 252Spe/252SpA/4HP EV spread.

An option that I just thought I'd share with you would be a DD Ononokusu. You could try this.

Ononokusu@Haban Berry
    Jolly
    Mold Breaker
    EVs: 252 Atk, 252 Spe, 4 HP
    Moves:
    -Dragon Dance
    -Outrage
    -Earthquake
    -Rock Slide/Shadow Claw

Other than that, the rest of your team looks alright. Hope this helps! And good luck!
    Good suggestion for Vappy, thanks!
    Urgamoth was always a little iffy; if I could replace him with a better special stat-raiser I would.
    I wanted Zoroark to be my mixed attacker: I figure he's good at it, and I wanted a Physical, a Special and a Mixed attacker.
    For Ono, I love Dragon Dancing, but I didn't want two pokemon relying on stat raisers in my party.

Thanks for the advice though.

So I made a few changes (notably to the offensive side). Ono is now a Dragon Dancer, I replaced Urgamoth with a Porygon-Z, and Zoroark now uses a Life Orb.

I am considering replacing Dragon Claw with Outrage on Ononokusu, and maybe his item too (as mentioned above, though keep in mind the Item Clause is on). I am still a little unsure about Vaporeon's item, so any other suggestions are appreciated; possibly a Lum Berry if Ononokusu's item is changed?