Thread: A New Beginning (5th Gen RMT)

Default A New Beginning (5th Gen RMT)

Hello Serebii forums. This is my first 5th Generation RMT that I have ever made. New pokemon came to the game, and old generation pokemon got new abilities. That's really good. Therefore, I decided to make a team since I have the game.

Team at a Glance

-----

Mamoswine (M) @ Focus Sash
    Ability: Thick Fat (Dream World Ability)
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
    Jolly Nature (+Speed, -SAtk)
    - Stealth Rock
    - Ice Shard
    - Protect
    - Earthquake

Thanks to the new ability for Mamoswine which is thick fat, it made me want to start out with a mamoswine lead. Fire and Ice can both hurt against mamoswine, but thanks to thick fat, it wouldn't be as much of a problem anymore. It's really the same mamoswine lead in smogon. I used protect instead of stone edge for scouting moves, and defeating infernape.

----

Ditto (U) @ Choice Scarf
    Ability: Eccentric (Dream World Ability)
    EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spe
    Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
    - Transform

Before, I chose shandera as my revenge killer but realizing ditto new ability, eccentric, it can cause alot of havok to other teams. Eccentric allows Ditto to copy the opponents pokemon in all stats except for HP. 252 Def is for a struggle war against another Ditto.

----

Rotom-W (U) @ Leftovers
    Ability: Levitate
    EVs: 252 HP / 136 Def / 120 SDef
    Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
    - Rest
    - Sleep Talk
    - Discharge
    - Will-O-Wisp

Thanks to Rotom-W now being a part water, I made him a rest+sleep talker to absorb status. Discharge is used for STAB with the 30% paralysis chance while Will-O-Wisp is for crippling physical sweepers. Discharge + Will-O-Wisp can also make rotom a double status while sleeping.

----

Ononokus (M) @ Haban Berry
    Trait: Mold Breaker (Dream World Ability)
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Speed
    Jolly Nature (+Spe, -SAtk)
    - Dragon Dance
    - Outrage
    - Rock Slide
    - Earthquake

I wanted to include a dragon type pokemon in my team and Ononokus seems to fit the role. Dragon Dance allows it to set up and start sweeping right away. Haban Berry is to save it from getting KO'ed by a dragon type move while earthquake and rock slide is for coverage. Mold Breaker is chosen as the ability because it nullify abilities such as wonder guard.

----

Jirachi (U) @ Choice Scarf
    Ability: Serene Grace
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
    Jolly Nature (+Spe, -SAtk)
    - Iron Head
    - Fire Punch
    - Ice Punch
    - U-turn

I chose scarf jirachi because I think having the flinch hax can be very good for my team to have. It's really the smogon set of jirachi in the older generation. Iron Head is for STAB with a 60% flinch chance while fire punch and ice punch is for coverage. U-turn is for scouting as always.

----

Vaporeon (F) @ Leftovers
    Ability: Water Absorb
    EVs: 252 HP / 232 Def / 24 SDef
    Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
    - Wish
    - Protect
    - Boiling Water
    - HP Electric

Thanks you jesusfreak94 for suggesting this. Thanks to the new wish mechanics, I believe vaporeon will be able to pass on 232 HP on wish for herself or for my sweepers. Boiling Water is used over Surf because of the 30% burn chance. HP Electric is for handling bulky waters.

----

If you have any suggestions then feel free to leave a comment. Thanks for reading
    Last edited by .:Unown:.; 7th October 2010 at 1:58 PM. Reason: Sprites :)

Welcome to the RMTs, Unown!

This looks like a fairly decent team, no obvious weaknesses jump out at me. I just have one quick suggestion. Dusknoir seems to really slow down the offensive momentum of this team, and most physical threats would be handled well enough by your other Pokemon, especially Ditto. Therefore I recommend that you go with a Wish Passer to keep your sweepers healthy.

Vaporeon@Leftovers
    Bold
    Water Absorb
    EVs: 252 Def, 188 HP, 68 SpA
    Moves:
    -Wish
    -Protect
    -Surf
    -HP Electric

With Wish's new mechanics, Vaporeon will be passing well over 200 HP with its Wishes. Pretty standard set, I just moved the SpD EVs to SpA to give Vappy some power enough to threaten stuff. You could move them back if needed.

Hope this helps! And good luck with your team!
    Last edited by jesusfreak94; 11th October 2010 at 11:13 AM. Reason: Careless mistake

use dusclops >> dusknoir its much better

@jesusfreak - Thanks for the welcome. I guess Vaporeon can be useful since I just added Dusknoir for just the fighting counter on machamp. I'll consider this change. Also I don't think Rotom-W can learn Surf or Boiling Water. It learns hydro pump automatically when you change it's form. I might just replace Hydro Pump with Will-O-Wisp or something. Vaporeon can learn boiling water though. Thanks for the advice.

@mail time - Oh because of the evolution stone. I understand now. Thanks
    Last edited by .:Unown:.; 7th October 2010 at 1:59 PM.