Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Pokemon Badge Tutorial

Default Pokemon Badge Tutorial

Decided to dedicate a Thread to the Tutorial since I keep getting people to either a) make one [when I already had or b) the location of said Tutorial [without actually trying to look for it themselves]

POKEMON BADGE VIDEO TUTORIAL
    Unfortunately, YouTube absolutely molested the quality so you have to watch it at Full Screen =[

Traditional Version of Tutorial [Pens/Pencils] - [Link] | Pixel Version of Tutorial - [Link]

Feel free to attempt your own badges and post them here, I will try and comment on them and help any you don't understand the tutorial.
    Last edited by Northern Lights; 14th April 2014 at 12:43 PM. Reason: Fixed borken linkw ith new one.

Whoa, I hope I can get Photoshop
    My team:

Credits go to Sinnohdragon
    Please Click:
    [IMG]http://i41.*******.com/sv16hd.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i43.*******.com/2hxyuu0.jpg[/IMG]
    Credits to
    Heart-of-Thorns: Fusion
    Nintendo: Arceus
    {(•)___(•)}: Pop-Out

Awesome tutorial NL~~ =D

Ohh how I wish I had a tablet. XD Well I'm gonna attempt to make simpler ones just for fun anyway. XD

This'll come in handy.
    Thanks a bunch!

FC: 0475 0331 5081

Thanks for this tutorial-I'm trying to do one at the moment but I'm confused about step 5-help anyone?

^overworlds made by me^

I tried this without a tablet... it was an unqualified disaster...

How much does one cost, anywho?

L@er!
    The Corei Quest's latest chapter: Chapter Forty Seven: Tricks of the Trade (24 April 2014)
    PROJECT C-SQUARE STATUS = 100.00% Complete (11-12-2010, ca. 2:40pm GMT)
    HEART OF SEVEN STONES IS ON INDEFINITE HIATUS (REAPED) UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE
    Butt-ugly Banner by Me
    (Still waiting on the excellent Saffire Persian for another awesome TCQ banner!)

how do you get this tablet thing? could someone make me a typhlosion badge? please?
    This is cyndaquil, who proves that big things come in small packages. If you chose cyndaquil as your starter, copy and paste this into your signature.
    started by typhlosionvsworld

[/SIZE]

Spoiler:- images:

Quote Originally Posted by diamondpoppy View Post
    how do you get this tablet thing?
    A tablet is a sort of pad that you can draw straight onto the computer with (search google for better imformation ), and most decent computer stores stock them. Probably the 'best' make is Wacom, so you could try their site too, if you're interested.
    As for the Typhlosion badge, I'm sure NorthernLights has created one already, and if I'm not mistaken, they're free for use as long as you give credit.
    Hope I helped!

[Recolours by the wonderful gardevoir rocks! From her shop, The Palette Swap Shop]
    ♥~ I play Pokémon for enjoyment - I don't bother with EVs, I don't battle competitively, and I use my favourites. If any of this offends you, I'm sorry, but it's how I play. ~♥
    ♦♦ I don't have much access to wireless internet, so my Friend Code isn't available. ♦♦

OMFG, I LOVE YOU!!! I have always wanted to know how to do these. My attempts where ugly as D: Thank you soooo much for sharing your epic wisdom *bows*

Forever a Creamery Command and Airborn Aces member<3

Quote Originally Posted by Air Dragon View Post
    I tried this without a tablet... it was an unqualified disaster...

How much does one cost, anywho?

L@er!
    Awww, did you try scanning it? I might try doing that to see if it can possibly work, then help you out. My Tablet is very sexy, made by Trust. The pad space is about A4 size, and co-ordinates with the computer screen, so top left on the pad is top left on the screen, etc. I think i got it for about 85, which is pretty good for a Tablet, but shop around to find one that suits you really.

could someone explain part 5 to me in more depth. It's the only part that I haven't done on my own and I really want to be able to make one myself. This is what I've done so far-remember this is my first try plus I know the grey part is to large.
    Last edited by pokegirlforever; 26th October 2010 at 1:59 PM.

^overworlds made by me^

Quote Originally Posted by pokegirlforever View Post
    could someone explain part 5 to me in more depth. It's the only part that I haven't done on my own and I really want to be able to make one myself. This is what I've done so far-remember this is my first try plus I know the grey part is to large.
    Well one problem is that the border is too thick, imagine stain glass windows, the lead lining around them, it's quite thin, but it defines the different block sections of colour in the image. But you've got the symbolic aspect down, so congrats.

Step 5 is the trickyest, unfortunatly i don't know how to describe it any better - You simply highlight/select the badge itself, create a new layer, and within that shape you shade it in grey tones, then set it to overlay. It will create shade lines onto the layer beneath it.

Thanks for the help-If you don't mind me asking, what kind of overlay and what settings-it's all so confusing

^overworlds made by me^

Quote Originally Posted by pokegirlforever View Post
    Thanks for the help-If you don't mind me asking, what kind of overlay and what settings-it's all so confusing
    It's a part of Layer blending options, just set it to "Overlay"

I did scan them. Shall I send them to you to see what you can make of them?

L@er!
    The Corei Quest's latest chapter: Chapter Forty Seven: Tricks of the Trade (24 April 2014)
    Butt-ugly Banner by Me
    (Still waiting on the excellent Saffire Persian for another awesome TCQ banner!)

Quote Originally Posted by Air Dragon View Post
    I did scan them. Shall I send them to you to see what you can make of them?

L@er!
    Go for it. I'll try and see what you could change if you try it again.

Ok guys, thanks to Air Dragon I decided to make a Traditional Art tutorial for making these badges. =]

[IMG]http://i54.*******.com/1zn6i4y.jpg[/IMG]

so Voila~

Wow... I'll definitely give this a whirl! This is beyond cool... B)

L@er, pal!
    Butt-ugly Banner by Me

i dont have a tablet or photoshop..
    but i managed to make these using the good old freebies ms paint and gimp

critics?

and nice tutorial, btw.

EDIT: i know there small, but i like them like that. (micro badges). plus i used parts from the official sprite.

Zoroark:

[IMG]http://i52.*******.com/4q4j6w.jpg[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://i53.*******.com/20p7ihx.jpg[/IMG]
    Last edited by timmay; 11th November 2010 at 1:47 AM.

Thank you very much for the tutorial. It seems very easy after all. This is what I got:

Timmay: Try not using any parts of actual sprites, make them completley on your own, you also need to add the dark outlines around the silver lining areas.

Flygon3X: Yeah, they are. Personally I think you need to make his antenna longer, the eyes smaller, and continue the head line round completley, but that's just my opinion. You also havn't got any highlights on the shading, it's just alternating dark and medium tone.

Nice tutorial you've done there. I like how you make a badge. Maybe I'll go make my own. Thanks for the tutorial pal!

Check out my dA account! Please watch/fave/comment my page!

Go make your Request to the Link above! We welcome you.

Spoiler:- Credit of Userbar:

Well... I am not really into making the Pokemon badge, but I try to make some custom badge for the time being. This tutorial provide some tricks and stuffs to use in this kind of work. Thank you very much, Miss Lights.

And do anyone see the problem with those badge, I think I can improve them but don't know how to do>

^ Can I just say I love the concept and design work on those badges, but they either appear too sharp or overly saturated.

Rex Exploder asked for me for a tut on making pixel badges, so voila.

[IMG]http://i52.*******.com/28gqgwk.jpg[/IMG]

Pixel style ones are available in my shop now too =]
    Last edited by Northern Lights; 16th January 2011 at 12:18 PM.

I really like your badges. What a clever idea. I was messing about on gimp last night (photoshop is a little out of my price range ) and made this:

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast