Thread: The Big Bang Theory

Default The Big Bang Theory

This thread is for talking about the American sitcom, the Big Bang Theory. Do you tune into CBS to watch it? What are your thoughts on this show? I have several episodes of this show recorded on my DVR.

The Big Bang Theory is hilarious and one of the best comedy shows i have ever seen
    http://www.neoseeker.com/ Please join this site I think we should help all the community's there also this is the one that I am trying to build up http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/64633/. So please join and help

http://desmond.imageshack.us/Himg31/...if&res=landing
    I don't accept random friend requests and don't read my convos

I love it. I can't wait until it finally comes back on It is one of the funniest shows on TV. BAZINGA!
    Pokemon Black 4814-3504-9865

I'm obsessed with it enough to have the first four seasons on DVD and am anxiously awaiting the premier of season six and DVD release of season five.

I liked it at first but now I hate it.

It overuses the laugh track because most of the stuff you wouldn't laugh at without one. I can't stand to watch it now, especially since they replay the same few episodes on TV.
    FC: 1779-0800-2195
    My friend safari: Noibat, Gabite, Druddigon

Quote Originally Posted by ebevan91 View Post
    I liked it at first but now I hate it.

It overuses the laugh track because most of the stuff you wouldn't laugh at without one. I can't stand to watch it now, especially since they replay the same few episodes on TV.
    This pretty much.

The Big Bang Theory isn't funny at all with it lame offensives joke that pokes fun of people who not only work in the science department but all people who like comic book, video game, movies, etc, has poor characters development and a plot that goes nowhere very slowly.

The show really overuse the laugh track just so you can laugh at it unfunny joke that wouldn't be funny if the laugher track wasn't there.

The show need to be cancelled fast after 111 episodes it's clear it show no signs of redeeming itself.

"Now Count up your Sins"- Kamen Rider W

Quote Originally Posted by Clamps View Post
    And here we have GAMEFREAK EMPLOYEE Blaze Boy confirming once again that Red/Blue/Yellow/Green/ and Gold/Silver/Crystal will not be on the 3DS virtual console E-shop!

You heard it hear first, folks.
    ^ Best post ever.

twitter: http://twitter.com/SamuraiDon

Quote Originally Posted by blaze boy View Post
    This pretty much.

The Big Bang Theory isn't funny at all with it lame offensives joke that pokes fun of people who not only work in the science department but all people who like comic book, video game, movies, etc, has poor characters development and a plot that goes nowhere very slowly.

The show really overuse the laugh track just so you can laugh at it unfunny joke that wouldn't be funny if the laugher track wasn't there.

The show need to be cancelled fast after 111 episodes it's clear it show no signs of redeeming itself.
    Can't tell if you're being sarcastic or not. My sarcasm detector can be faulty at times.

I poke fun of myself all the time, so I like laughing at the nerdy jokes.

You can say the same thing for a lot of other shows using the laugh track.

I don't watch it a lot, but when I do watch the show, I enjoy what I see, even though yeah, it's not the best show ever on TV. Sheldon's my favorite character, even though I really doubt his portrayal of... whatever he has outside of having a genius IQ is correct, but I find him hilarious. I seriously believe he makes the show, since the other characters, while they do have their own charm and humor, just aren't very appealing to me. I can't exactly put my finger on why it is... but Sheldon gets the most laughs from me.

*shrugs*
    Winner of Best Pokémon/Pokémon Fic of 2013 in the Shipping Oscars
    Current Chapter: Chapter Ten - 3/17/14 / Current: Requiem I - 11/17/14 - Chapter 21 progress: 66%
    I survived Pupa.

It's "meh" to me. I used to hate it though because I thought Sheldon was annoying.

Quote Originally Posted by ebevan91 View Post
    Can't tell if you're being sarcastic or not. My sarcasm detector can be faulty at times.
    I wasn't being sarcastic and every I have said was the truth.

The Big Bang Theory is a horrible show and I hate it with a passion.

"Now Count up your Sins"- Kamen Rider W

Quote Originally Posted by Clamps View Post
    And here we have GAMEFREAK EMPLOYEE Blaze Boy confirming once again that Red/Blue/Yellow/Green/ and Gold/Silver/Crystal will not be on the 3DS virtual console E-shop!

You heard it hear first, folks.
    ^ Best post ever.

twitter: http://twitter.com/SamuraiDon

I will give the show one thing though, Penny always has some nice cleavage.

A large proportion of comedy relies on lampooning stereotypes, whether they be the aged, the inane, the Irish etc., so sorry that a completely innoffensive show can't make some light-hearted jibes at "nerds" without you becoming irate, I guess.

What is... this?

Well, I used to enjoy the show but, as with most things, I've grown bored of The Big Bang Theory and rarely watch it any more. I admit that it shares an American comedy/Chuck Lorre flaw in that it has incessant bouts of laughter (it uses a live audience, not a laugh track iirc) after almost every sentence, although it can be enjoyable for Parsons' performance, despite being a show that's a minute of humor in amongst twenty minutes of banality.
    Running for the thrill of it

Excuse me, but I have to comment on this part of the quote, because it really grinds me. Just because you don't like a show, doesn't mean the rest of the world is in agreement with you, why should a show be cancelled just because you didn't like it? How would you like it if your favorite show was cancelled?

Sorry if I sound well what's the word? Rude? But that quote just really annoys me, really why should a show be cancelled just because you don't like it. I don't like any Reality Shows, I think Private Practice isn't good anymore, I hate watching the news, there are other shows I found boring, but I don't say they should be taken off the network just because I don't like them (Actually, in an hypocritical fact I do wish Reality would get off our TVs, but I just don't understand why anyone would watch that. But I suppose that's the point you are trying to make, although both of us shouldn't say a show should get cancelled when others like it).

And obivously I for one like Big Bang Theory. And isn't for the comedy, it's that friend unit, this might sound pathetic but I watched shows like Friends and Modern Family for a completely different reason, the family/friends aspect, I like to have that sort of things with family and friends to be honest.

Hell friends with Raj and Leonard, my computer problems are over forever. And I would be friends with Howard, although Sheldon might annoy me beyond belief.
    Claims Amber Benson and Ali Larter as Bishie.

Credits go to the original creators of Cynthia's and Flannery's artwork.
    United we stand but seperated we fall

And so the fifth generation begins...

I really like this show. I even like watching the re-runs!

The Big Bang Theory isn't a show I watch religiously, but it's one that I tend to enjoy whenever I might catch it. As someone within the group the show pokes fun at, I don't get how it's offensive to "nerds" at all. Most of the time, there's plenty of truth to those jokes. Of the main cast, Howard and Raj are my favorites.

But one thing I'll never understand is why the guys put up with Sheldon. I enjoy the character overall, but there are times where he gets really annoying. And the increased screen time he's had certainly doesn't help that.

Ahh...Big Bang Theory...I love this show. It's weird that everyone is annoyed by Sheldon because he's my favorite character. I also like that girl who was/is his girlfriend...I can't remember her name. She's the creepy one who hangs out with Penny. Oh and to whoever said that Penny has nice cleavage....damn straight!!!
    Signature edited due to exceeding the gif size limit. Please read the signature rules before editing your signature.

It's okay I guess. I watch it regularly because there is nothing else on, but I won't go out of my way to catch an episode.

The jokes are more miss than hit, and a lot them are just plain embarrassing. Mostly because they feel a bit lazy. We need a joke involving Raj? Quick come up with a joke that has to do with India.

The show has been getting better since they introduced more female characters however. It doesn't get quite as repetitive when you are spreading the jokes out amongst more characters.

Watch me tumble stuff:
    http://catharsiscat.tumblr.com/

This pretty much.

Well I like it, and the physics references are always nice. Howard is easily my favorite character.

I wasn't being sarcastic and every I have said was the truth.

The Big Bang Theory is a horrible show and I hate it with a passion.
    We shall respect your opinion if you respect ours. Capeesh?

I adore it for all the reasons Blaze Boy loathes it. I do find laugh tracks are overused but since I really the humour, it works. I love how it pokes fun at nerds heck by the looks of it, nerdiness is in trend at the moment. I won't lie though, it is going downhill but is managing to catch the odd drift. I think I'll only be around for the next two seasons at least if they keep up this trend. Then again, with the rest of my family usually in control of the idiot boxes in my house on Thursdays, I barely watch the new episodes.

Freshest and only live-action comedy on television at the moment but I would never own it on Blu-ray due to it being on so much.
        Spoiler:- 3DS friend-code:

Quote Originally Posted by ParaChomp View Post
    We shall respect your opinion if you respect ours. Capeesh?

I adore it for all the reasons Blaze Boy loathes it. I do find laugh tracks are overused but since I really the humour, it works. I love how it pokes fun at nerds heck by the looks of it, nerdiness is in trend at the moment. I won't lie though, it is going downhill but is managing to catch the odd drift. I think I'll only be around for the next two seasons at least if they keep up this trend. Then again, with the rest of my family usually in control of the idiot boxes in my house on Thursdays, I barely watch the new episodes.

Freshest and only live-action comedy on television at the moment but I would never own it on Blu-ray due to it being on so much.
    If only it was on Netflix.

Don't bump old threads.