Page 42 of 117 FirstFirst ... 323839404142434445465292 ... LastLast
Results 1,026 to 1,050 of 2917

Thread: MLB Baseball Thread

Unless the Red Sox claw their way out in the end, in which case we'll all have to endure the rant about frauds and cheaters and payrolls that follows. Can you deny that rants of this nature have comprised most of your posts in this thread since May or June or so?

Pointing this out is not "pee[ing] in your cornflakes", nor is pointing out the simple reality that the only reason there's a wild card race at all is because Boston completely shat themselves over the last month and a half.

-----
    Never underestimate the power of stupidity, of the one and of the many.
    Words to|live by

Quote Originally Posted by BCVM22 View Post
    Unless the Red Sox claw their way out in the end, in which case we'll all have to endure the rant about frauds and cheaters and payrolls that follows. Can you deny that rants of this nature have comprised most of your posts in this thread since May or June or so?

Pointing this out is not "pee[ing] in your cornflakes", nor is pointing out the simple reality that the only reason there's a wild card race at all is because Boston completely shat themselves over the last month and a half.
    I'm happy with what the Rays have done with the circumstances this year if they make it or not. but I do think that the sox don't have the pitching to make it in the playoffs

I won't go over the top if they don't make it. I will be heartbroken though ;P

"What good is it for a man to gain the world, yet forfeit his soul?"

Quote Originally Posted by TheWatersGreatGuardian View Post
    I will be heartbroken though ;P
    Which is fine. I'm simply, as I so often do, encouraging restraint, common sense and keeping a level head.

-----
    Words to|live by

Dam rookie catcher saves the sox for today. 8-7
    Funny thing is if Varitek or Salty don't get injured the sox are a game down. baseball is stupid sometimes
    Gotta win tomorrow now.

OT: Cards and Atlanta are going to be tied too wow.
    Last edited by TheWatersGreatGuardian; 28th September 2011 at 5:01 AM.

Which is fine. I'm simply, as I so often do, encouraging restraint, common sense and keeping a level head.
    Excepting that in a sports discussion in America is like expecting SPPf not to screw up a Smash Bros. topic.

In other news f*ck Prince Fielder. I also now feel bad for blaming Jerry Meals for the Pirates collapse.

As for the Rays-Sox "race" that is currently going on, I hope the Sox win. Tampa Bay DOES. NOT. DESERVE A TEAM. I heard there was only just over 17k there last night. How is that possible? I don't care how hard the stadium is to get to. You are in a race coming down to the final games of the season, against the Yankees. The Trop should be overflowing. People should squeezed in there up against each other, not have a lot of elbow space.

woot21 out dawgs
    Last edited by woot21; 28th September 2011 at 5:09 AM.
    I have created a new word for the internet LOLE it means laugh out loud evily, if you think it is a good word copy and paste this into your sig. and use it. (started by woot21)
    I am the prince of all noobs. I am the dreaded super noob, fear my noobiness. I obey only my lord and master the king of all noobs, Magikarp.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blazios View Post
    And isn't Magikarp's Final Smash obvious? It's called:
        Spoiler:- Best move ever.:
    3DS FC: 2423-2730-4422
    Dream Address: 4500-3343-5150

Quote Originally Posted by woot21 View Post
    Excepting that in a sports discussion in America is like expecting SPPf not to screw up a Smash Bros. topic.

In other news f*ck Prince Fielder. I also now feel bad for blaming Jerry Meals for the Pirates collapse.

As for the Rays-Sox "race" that is currently going on, I hope the Sox win. Tampa Bay DOES. NOT. DESERVE A TEAM. I heard there was only just over 17k there last night. How is that possible? I don't care how hard the stadium is to get to. You are in a race coming down to the final games of the season, against the Yankees. The Trop should be overflowing. People should squeezed in there up against each other, not have a lot of elbow space.

woot21 out dawgs
    Oh. My. Gosh.

I hate to be cras but....Shut up and learn the finanical situation in tampa. Tampa is one of the hardest hit by the depression. People simply cannot AFFORD to go to games. I used to go to 10 games a year, now I have been looking for a job for over a year and I was only able to go to ONE this year. Peoples' livelihhood is more important than baseball. and If you think this team doesn't have any fans, check their tv ratings for the area. everyone is watching them who is a baseball fan and not a transplant from another state.

So next time think and learn all the facts before you insult someone. that was an incredibly rude statement when you know there is a fan of that team here, and it is extremely offensive to me. It also sounds like it was spoon fed to you by the talking heads at ESPN. Plus as a fan of a small market team yourself, you should be happy that another small market team is bucking the trend and showing that a small team can compete with the big money teams.

btw this is a huge football town and now even the Bucs cannot sell out.

Again, sorry for the rant, and I have liked your posts this season but that was just bad form.

and FYI attendance is down ALL OVER THE LEAGUE.
    Last edited by TheWatersGreatGuardian; 28th September 2011 at 5:32 AM.

Last game of the season tommorow. This is gonna be exciting. This is the time where I scream in my backyard when the angels lose in the ALCS. This is the time when I jump on my bed in excitement. This is the time of the MLB Playoffs.

Pokemon X Round 2

and woot, hate to pile on you, but you are a fan of the pirates. their fans showed up when they were doing well this year (I was rooting for them, I didn't care about their freaking attendance, I liked seeing another small team do well)

but....where did those fans go when it was clear that they would not be contenders? Way to stick with your team.

Where do the Rays fans go even when the team is contending?

You can quote the economy all you like - are you going to try and make the case that Pittsburgh, a city of heavy industry, wasn't hit just as hard and that its sports fans aren't suffering the same financial woes as citizens in Tampa? Bottom line is that Rays fans have absolutely no grounds on which to look down their noses at other fanbases. None. Those in glass houses shouldn't throw stones.

Furthermore, Rays fans seemed to have no trouble putting 30,000 in the Trop last week during "concert night".

-----
    Words to|live by

Where do the Rays fans go even when the team is contending?

You can quote the economy all you like - are you going to try and make the case that Pittsburgh, a city of heavy industry, wasn't hit just as hard and that its sports fans aren't suffering the same financial woes as citizens in Tampa? Bottom line is that Rays fans have absolutely no grounds on which to look down their noses at other fanbases. None. Those in glass houses shouldn't throw stones.

Furthermore, Rays fans seemed to have no trouble putting 30,000 in the Trop last week during "concert night".
    Which is why his comment made me so mad. Pit's attendance has been down a lot too.
    The Rays did sell all their playoff games out in 08 btw. People down here do care about the team

Detroit hasn't been selling out their stadium a ton this year, and they are division winners. Don't hear anyone slamming them

PS: Woot, sent you a pm
    Last edited by TheWatersGreatGuardian; 28th September 2011 at 6:04 AM.

Which is why his comment made me so mad. Pit's attendance has been down a lot too.
    ...no, it's probably been about the same, as you might expect for a team that's had the trouble competing that they have. If anything, it's probably up slightly, owing to the two months or so that the team was in contention.

Detroit hasn't been selling out their stadium a ton this year, and they are division winners. Don't hear anyone slamming them
    Sigh. Fine.

Hey, Tigers fans! Your mothers were all hamsters and your fathers smelt of elderberries!

There. Have they been slammed sufficiently now?
    Last edited by BCVM22; 28th September 2011 at 6:12 AM.

-----
    Words to|live by

...no, it's probably been about the same, as you might expect for a team that's had the trouble competing that they have. If anything, it's probably up slightly, owing to the two months or so that the team was in contention.

Sigh. Fine.

Hey, Tigers fans! Your mothers were all hamsters and your fathers smelt of elderberries!

There. Have they been slammed sufficiently now?
    you forgot to fart in their general direction

4th highest in franchise history, and set the record for the highest attendance for a three game series in team history twice. Almost hit 2,000,000 in a park that seats around 36.5k and can fit in 40k (maybe) with standing room. We had sell outs that weren't concerts or fireworks nights, or even against the Phils or Bo-Sox.

As for the "depression" (actually a recession), Pittsburgh wasn't hit as hard as other areas, medical research and high tech jobs helped with that.

As for Detroit, you mean the "major" city with more empty buildings than residents? (it's a hyperbole) Can't see why they have trouble drawing. Is that the case as well in Tampa?

As for my Tampa comment, I feel it holds for Miami too. 311 people based on a head count, was the promotion sack o' **** night? That's inexcusable, unless it was the aforementioned promotion. Plus it just irks me when even when a team is good they don't draw, then people throw a fit when that has to trade its good players away. A team is a business first and foremost, I don't blame the Nuttings for making a profit, I get annoyed with the people who won't go to games, because they won't give money to the team until management puts more money into the team, then discount the draft and such. I know it's a small percentage of the "fanbase" that does this, but they also the most vocal. They are also the people who want the Pirates, A's, Astros, etc. to go out and sign a Pujols or Fielder in free agency.

EDIT: Home attendance figures for 2011.

woot21 out dawgs
    Last edited by woot21; 28th September 2011 at 6:54 AM.
    I have created a new word for the internet LOLE it means laugh out loud evily, if you think it is a good word copy and paste this into your sig. and use it. (started by woot21)
    I am the prince of all noobs. I am the dreaded super noob, fear my noobiness. I obey only my lord and master the king of all noobs, Magikarp.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blazios View Post
    And isn't Magikarp's Final Smash obvious? It's called:
        Spoiler:- Best move ever.:
    3DS FC: 2423-2730-4422
    Dream Address: 4500-3343-5150

Quote Originally Posted by woot21 View Post
    I get annoyed with the people who won't go to games, because they won't give money to the team until management puts more money into the team, then discount the draft and such. I know it's a small percentage of the "fanbase" that does this, but they also the most vocal. They are also the people who want the Pirates, A's, Astros, etc. to go out and sign a Pujols or Fielder in free agency.

woot21 out dawgs
    I know BCVM22 will disagree with me, but I find it exciting when those small market teams do the unlikely and make the playoffs. I was rooting for the Pirates, but then they disappeared off the face of playoff contention.

As a Rays fan, I've gone to 3 games this season. I know it's not a lot to you, but I never went to a game before this season, so I'm progressing.
    Eagerly waiting for: Monolith Soft Wii U game

Quote Originally Posted by sceptile33 View Post
    I know BCVM22 will disagree with me, but I find it exciting when those small market teams do the unlikely and make the playoffs.
    Why would I disagree with you?

-----
    Words to|live by

Why Yes. Yes they did. And we fart in the Yankee's general direction!

+10 for quoting Monty Python!

So true!

As a Yankees fan who lives out of state, this was the first season that I didn't go to a game in as long as I can remember... and I have more to be excited about than most of you.

Anyway, the playoffs are a strange thing. Around this time of year, I root for the Yankees to lose so Boston won't get into the playoffs. That's some hardcore hate right there, lol.

@Everyone: Don't even try arguing with BCVM22. He is the Archduke of Arguments, the Raja of Rebuke, and the Kaiser of Convincing. Why bother arguing with his points? He's just too skilled. You will not win. I figured that out by observation. I'm surprised that other people haven't yet, and have to figure out the hard way.

EDIT: @Malanu: You fart in my general direction? I pull out a fan, and blow the smell right back at ya!
    Hi, I'm part of the staff on Pokemon Showdown!, if you have any questions or need any help, VM or PM me.

Quote Originally Posted by phoopes View Post
    As a Yankees fan who lives out of state, this was the first season that I didn't go to a game in as long as I can remember... and I have more to be excited about than most of you.

Anyway, the playoffs are a strange thing. Around this time of year, I root for the Yankees to lose so Boston won't get into the playoffs. That's some hardcore hate right there, lol.

@Everyone: Don't even try arguing with BCVM22. He is the Archduke of Arguments, the Raja of Rebuke, and the Kaiser of Convincing. Why bother arguing with his points? He's just too skilled. You will not win. I figured that out by observation. I'm surprised that other people haven't yet, and have to figure out the hard way.

EDIT: @Malanu: You fart in my general direction? I pull out a fan, and blow the smell right back at ya!
    Empty headed animal food trough wiper.

Empty headed animal food trough wiper.
    Gleeking, reeling-ripe foot-licker.

See? I can do Shakespearean insults too.

Anyway, I think it's awesome how the MLB does its scheduling. Every season it seems like there's meaningful games right up until the very end of the season. Kudos to you, MLB schedulers! I never would've expected that both Wild Cards would come down to the final game of the season.
    Hi, I'm part of the staff on Pokemon Showdown!, if you have any questions or need any help, VM or PM me.

Gleeking, reeling-ripe foot-licker.

See? I can do Shakespearean insults too.

Anyway, I think it's awesome how the MLB does its scheduling. Every season it seems like there's meaningful games right up until the very end of the season. Kudos to you, MLB schedulers! I never would've expected that both Wild Cards would come down to the final game of the season.
    Monty Python is better than Shakespeare

Wow. Please stop posting. Your brown-nosing is off-putting.

Monty Python is better than Shakespeare
    As well as you. You're way too into the Rays to act objectively most of the time. Step back and read your post before you post.

Neither did they. It wouldn't have even happened without collapses by two good teams either. The MLB season is really long (some would argue too long) and most teams are out of it by August if not early September meaning they play about a month or two of meaningless games.

Fighting for real American turtles everywhere. Pro-Turtle since 6/30/13

Girardi playing pretty much the big guns in his lineup tonight for some reason. price is going to have to be nails. He said he is not pitching any guys who will be in the postseason though.

Why would I disagree with you?
    So you're actually agreeing with me on something? That's a first.

Anyway, I said that because the wild card races don't seem to excite you very much. If the Rays win this, history will be made.

Can I ask you something? Do you have any preferred team, or are you just a baseball fan in general?
    Eagerly waiting for: Monolith Soft Wii U game

Quote Originally Posted by Rebecca R.
    Wow. Please stop posting. Your brown-nosing is off-putting.
    Wow. Please stop posting. You obviously don't understand sarcasm.

Quote Originally Posted by TheWatersGreatGuardian
    Girardi playing pretty much the big guns in his lineup tonight for some reason. price is going to have to be nails. He said he is not pitching any guys who will be in the postseason though.
    I didn't see today's lineups yet. That surprises me that Giradi would play his starters. If I were him, I'd want to play the Rays instead of the Red Sox in the playoffs if they meet.

Wow. Please stop posting. You obviously don't understand sarcasm.
    I'm sorry that I assumed that such a bad poster like yourself wouldn't post something that wasn't ridiculous to read for once. From what you post on here, it's difficult to even begin to think otherwise. Not to mention that if it was sarcasm, it deserved to be called out anyway.

He said he is not pitching any guys who will be in the postseason though.
    You probably don't have much to worry about then. I find the National League race more interesting to be honest.

Fighting for real American turtles everywhere. Pro-Turtle since 6/30/13

Page 42 of 117 FirstFirst ... 323839404142434445465292 ... LastLast