Page 80 of 117 FirstFirst ... 307076777879808182838490 ... LastLast
Results 1,976 to 2,000 of 2917

Thread: MLB Baseball Thread

The Pittsburgh Pirates. This is the year they end the streak, and Andrew McCutchen becomes a superstar.

woot21 out dawgs
    I really, really, REALLY don't mean to be a jerk or laugh at you or the Pirates or anything, but you said something very similar to that last year.
    Quote Originally Posted by woot21 View Post
    I really believe the Pirates will be the surprise team of the 2010 season. They are going to have 3 good starters at the top of the rotation, a number 4 who has the stuff to be an ace, if he can control it, and hopefully a serviceable number 5. On the offensive side the line up could be pretty scary, even more so come mid-season when Tabata and Alvarez arrive in the bigs. As long as Doumit stays healthy we could have a very good year.

woot21 out dawgs
    First page of this thread. Did the Pirates actually do something that makes you believe they'll play better, or are you simply hoping for the home team?
    Eagerly waiting for: Monolith Soft Wii U game

Quote Originally Posted by sceptile33 View Post
    I

First page of this thread. Did the Pirates actually do something that makes you believe they'll play better, or are you simply hoping for the home team?
    They had a little something going last year for a little while.

Credit to zhanton
    Quote Originally Posted by wingzx View Post
    omg Larry is on! i can now sleep in peace knowing he is ok!

Quote Originally Posted by SlimShady View Post
    Garcia will either get traded or get dropped to triple A.
    No one's going to trade anything of value for Garcia. They'd either release him or, as you said, demote him, though he can refuse the latter by way of his major league service time.

-----
    Never underestimate the power of stupidity, of the one and of the many.
    Words to|live by

Quote Originally Posted by Larry View Post
    If they put Phil Hughes in the starting rotation I might cry. Burnett will come up big when he needs to.
    Hes also shown that he is a bit of a headcase. IMO Hughes has more of a future in that rotation than Mr. Punch the wall and Get Splinters.

Remember, hughes was pretty good before that injury.

"What good is it for a man to gain the world, yet forfeit his soul?"

So glad to find out that the Braves avoided arbitration with Jair Jurrjens. I was so worried that he wouldn't play at all in 2012 with the Braves.

He still gets a chance to make my wish come true, hopefully it does while he's still in ATL. He was actually notified of the wish in fact.

I'm hoping the Reds can kick some butt this year. They've always had the offense (which will only get better) and the addition of Ryan Ludwick for depth and top catching prospect Devin Mesoraco will help. The rotation led by Cueto and Latos will be a lot better and the bullpen with Marshall, Madson, Bray, Masset, and Ondrusek is downright filthy. I think they will be a scary team in 2012.

New Chapter: Chapter 4- Unova

Pirates of the Caribbean: The Creature of Storms
    Also check out my completed crossover of Pokemon and Pirates by clicking the title!

"Take the helmet of salvation and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God."
    Ephesians 6:17

Quote Originally Posted by ESPNfanatic35 View Post
    I'm hoping the Reds can kick some butt this year. They've always had the offense (which will only get better) and the addition of Ryan Ludwick for depth and top catching prospect Devin Mesoraco will help. The rotation led by Cueto and Latos will be a lot better and the bullpen with Marshall, Madson, Bray, Masset, and Ondrusek is downright filthy. I think they will be a scary team in 2012.
    You guys have a hell of a shot now since the Brewers lost Fileder and Braun (braun for a lot of the season).
    The Cardinals may have Wainwright back, but they lost Pujols... So Reds have a great shot at 1st.

Click here if you want to join ^
    Going through life with depression is like trying to run for a touchdown on two broken legs.

Carlos Pena is back with the Rays! He was one of my favorites.

So now we got:
    Jennings
    BJ
    Longoria
    Pena
    Zobrist
    Scott
    Joyce
    Sean Rodriguez/Brignac
    Molina/whatever minor league call up :P

That lineup has a lot of Ks in it, but a lot more potential for power than last year.

I really, really, REALLY don't mean to be a jerk or laugh at you or the Pirates or anything, but you said something very similar to that last year.

To be fair if Alvarez had been anything other than abysmal, I think the Pirates would have had a good shot at .500 last year. And they did raise their win total from 2010 by 15 in 2011. Do that again and they end up with 87 wins. Morton and McDonald are quality starters, Karstens works as a number 4, Bedard is good (when healthy), plus Lincoln as a number 5 is good.

The lineup has McCutchen, Tabata, Presley, and Walker in it everyday. Plus if Pedro actually improves over last year that's five everyday players that will be productive at the plate. Plus no more Ronnie Cedeno (Barmes is an upgrade offensively) in the lineup, and Garrett Jones and Casey McGehee isn't a horrible platoon at 1st. Which leaves just Barajas batting 8th.

I can see our lineup looking like this to start the season:
    Presley
    Tabata
    Walker
    McCutchen
    Alavrez
    Jones/McGehee
    Barmes
    Barajas
    Pitcher

I'll take that, it's an improvement over previous years.

woot21 out dawgs
    I have created a new word for the internet LOLE it means laugh out loud evily, if you think it is a good word copy and paste this into your sig. and use it. (started by woot21)
    I am the prince of all noobs. I am the dreaded super noob, fear my noobiness. I obey only my lord and master the king of all noobs, Magikarp.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blazios View Post
    And isn't Magikarp's Final Smash obvious? It's called:
        Spoiler:- Best move ever.:
    3DS FC: 2423-2730-4422
    Dream Address: 4500-3343-5150

To be fair if Alvarez had been anything other than abysmal, I think the Pirates would have had a good shot at .500 last year. And they did raise their win total from 2010 by 15 in 2011. Do that again and they end up with 87 wins. Morton and McDonald are quality starters, Karstens works as a number 4, Bedard is good (when healthy), plus Lincoln as a number 5 is good.

The lineup has McCutchen, Tabata, Presley, and Walker in it everyday. Plus if Pedro actually improves over last year that's five everyday players that will be productive at the plate. Plus no more Ronnie Cedeno (Barmes is an upgrade offensively) in the lineup, and Garrett Jones and Casey McGehee isn't a horrible platoon at 1st. Which leaves just Barajas batting 8th.

I can see our lineup looking like this to start the season:
    Presley
    Tabata
    Walker
    McCutchen
    Alavrez
    Jones/McGehee
    Barmes
    Barajas
    Pitcher

I'll take that, it's an improvement over previous years.

woot21 out dawgs
    But where is the pitching going to come from. I don't think they have the starting pitching to be a above 500 team

Quote Originally Posted by TheWatersGreatGuardian View Post
    But where is the pitching going to come from. I don't think they have the starting pitching to be a above 500 team
    Morton and McDonald are quality starters, Karstens works as a number 4, Bedard is good (when healthy), plus Lincoln as a number 5 is good (prefer him over Correia).

woot21 out dawgs
    I have created a new word for the internet LOLE it means laugh out loud evily, if you think it is a good word copy and paste this into your sig. and use it. (started by woot21)
    I am the prince of all noobs. I am the dreaded super noob, fear my noobiness. I obey only my lord and master the king of all noobs, Magikarp.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blazios View Post
    And isn't Magikarp's Final Smash obvious? It's called:
        Spoiler:- Best move ever.:
    3DS FC: 2423-2730-4422
    Dream Address: 4500-3343-5150

Morton and McDonald are quality starters, Karstens works as a number 4, Bedard is good (when healthy), plus Lincoln as a number 5 is good (prefer him over Correia).

woot21 out dawgs
    Yeah, I still don't see that as enough to have a winning season. Understand that I am not rooting against them by any means, I want them to be good. Just don't see that pitching holding up over 162

woot21 out dawgs
    Well, they really had nowhere to go but up after their 2010 season, really. I do sincerely hope they improve this season, but I'm not expecting much.

Ba doing doing boing

Pokemon X Round 2

Quote Originally Posted by Totodile is BEAST View Post
    Ba doing doing boing
    Ummmm....Neat?

Yu Darvish should of walked... Should of gone to the Yankees.

Pokemon X Round 2

You do realize that the Rangers had the bid, and if they couldnt reach a deal, he would have to go back to Japan.

Thank goodness he didn't. and I thought you were a boston fan, why on earth would you want that machine on the Yankees?

No. My favorite teams from each division are the Phillies, Brewers, Dodgers, Yankees, Royals, and Angels.

Pokemon X Round 2

No. My favorite teams from each division are the Phillies, Brewers, Dodgers, Yankees, Royals, and Angels.
    At least you like the phillies

Favorite team from back in America.

Wow, you got a team from each division?

Theres a way to ensure rooting for someone in the playoffs >_< I guess it makes it real easy to be a fan when you always have a back up team <_<

Only the home team gets my rooting interests. I'll root for the marlins if they get in the playoffs, because they are in the state, but I really could care less about out of state teams.
    Last edited by TheWatersGreatGuardian; 21st January 2012 at 4:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ESPNfanatic35 View Post
    I think the Reds have the best shot this season of winning the division. I don't think the Cubs will do anything this year since it's a rebuilding year.
    Owner of the Dawn/Hikari Fanclub v.4
    Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    Biggest Fan of the Diamond and Pearl Series: Dawn+Serena Fan

I'm still waiting to see if my Braves are going to make a move for a right-handed bat.
    Black 2 friend code: 2065-7310-3529
    Black friend code: 0390-2794-7640
    3DS friend code: 0774-4855-2711

Looks like Prince Fielder is landing in Detroit. That lineup would be a total monstrosity if Victor Martinez was healthy, but even then they're a huge threat.

Looks like Prince Fielder is landing in Detroit. That lineup would be a total monstrosity if Victor Martinez was healthy, but even then they're a huge threat.
    That has to be one of the worst defensive infields now though :P

Page 80 of 117 FirstFirst ... 307076777879808182838490 ... LastLast