Page 107 of 117 FirstFirst ... 75797103104105106107108109110111 ... LastLast
Results 2,651 to 2,675 of 2917

Thread: MLB Baseball Thread

Quote Originally Posted by TheWatersGreatGuardian View Post
    You were saying?
    I was saying how I look forward to the Yankees advancing to the next round while the Rays do something. I don't know maybe fishing or golfing. ;_;

Fighting for real American turtles everywhere. Pro-Turtle since 6/30/13

Quote Originally Posted by Terra Branford View Post
    I was saying how I look forward to the Yankees advancing to the next round while the Rays do something. I don't know maybe fishing or golfing. ;_;
    Yeah, you are lucky its O's pitching you are facing this series.
    No sweep for you though, Mr. Arrogant Yankee

"What good is it for a man to gain the world, yet forfeit his soul?"

Aren't all Yankees fans in someways or others arrogant? (I know a few good Yankees fans, but even they feel their team is unbeatable)

On my own notes
    Anyway, sucks that the Tigers game is on a 9 pm. tonight, if only because I'm in class till 9:50. What's worst is I actually need to get work done in said class so my usual daily check on MLB will likely not happen. I hate being left in the dark, especially when it comes to the playoffs
    3DS code:1048-8163-5480
    Why exactly can't Ash get this little guy?
    "I already told you, I don't mind playing the bad guy every once in a while."~ Sonic the Hedgehog

Yeah, you are lucky its O's pitching you are facing this series.
    I stated that 3-1 would be good as well Ms. Hates-teams-who-"buy"-their-players-most-notably-the-Red-Sox-and-Yankees. :>

Quote Originally Posted by Joltik-Kid View Post
    On my own notes
    Anyway, sucks that the Tigers game is on a 9 pm. tonight, if only because I'm in class till 9:50. What's worst is I actually need to get work done in said class so my usual daily check on MLB will likely not happen. I hate being left in the dark, especially when it comes to the playoffs
    I know. Part of me is hoping the Tigers will just sweep today so we can get out of the west coast and get back to playing baseball on EST. But I already gave my prediction. I think Sanchez will pitch well, but the A's will find a way to win anyway, then the Tigers win Game 4.

Blegh, film classes...

I'm rooting for the O's to win it all. They've played well throughout the whole year. I feel they really deserve it.

O's - Nat's World Series please!
    Eagerly waiting for: Monolith Soft Wii U game

Quote Originally Posted by Golden_Latias View Post
    I know. Part of me is hoping the Tigers will just sweep today so we can get out of the west coast and get back to playing baseball on EST. But I already gave my prediction. I think Sanchez will pitch well, but the A's will find a way to win anyway, then the Tigers win Game 4.

Blegh, film classes...
    But then A's will likely get momentum going and we don't want that, then again, Scherzer is deadly when healthy. Besides, we've already destroyed both Anderson (before he was injured) and Griffin

Quote Originally Posted by sceptile33 View Post
    I'm rooting for the O's to win it all. They've played well throughout the whole year. I feel they really deserve it.

O's - Nat's World Series please!
    I'm calling for a Tigers vs Reds/Cards WS... Despite how the O's have vastly improved, Tigers pitching is deadly around playoff time. And I believe the Reds are just too good in the NL, but the Cards always find ways of competing
    Last edited by Joltik-Kid; 10th October 2012 at 3:02 AM.
    "I already told you, I don't mind playing the bad guy every once in a while."~ Sonic the Hedgehog

I want Tigers and Nats, personally. Obviously, I'm a Tigers fan, so I want the Tigers for the AL. And we've already played the Reds and Cards this year, and I'm kind of scared of the Giants. So, Tigers-Nats it is.

Although I wouldn't be too mad if the O's make it, either.

I want Tigers and Nats, personally. Obviously, I'm a Tigers fan, so I want the Tigers for the AL. And we've already played the Reds and Cards this year, and I'm kind of scared of the Giants. So, Tigers-Nats it is.

Although I wouldn't be too mad if the O's make it, either.
    Tigers vs Reds for one reason... the great Sparky Anderson

That, and to spite ESPN, since Tigers vs. Reds would mean no big-market teams.

But I still want Tigers-Nats.

That, and to spite ESPN, since Tigers vs. Reds would mean no big-market teams.
    ESPN doesn't carry any postseason baseball games...

-----
    Never underestimate the power of stupidity, of the one and of the many.
    Words to|live by

I mean it could be worst right now... but I wish our guys would stop swinging at balls. Andy is suppose to be good, but he hasn't done anything impressive offensive wise at all since that Home Run against the Twins.

Ugh... 2-0 A's

There's a reason why I figured this would be a loss. The Tigers, for whatever reason, have struggled against no-name rookie lefties this year, and Brett Anderson has been excellent since coming off of Tommy John surgery. Plus, the Tigers have struggled on the road, and the A's have been great at home. That's a recipe for disaster right there and more than likely almost a guaranteed loss.

However, after tonight, the Tigers still have two more chances to clinch. They're not out of this by any means. Now, if they lose tomorrow, they're in trouble.

There's a reason why I figured this would be a loss. The Tigers, for whatever reason, have struggled against no-name rookie lefties this year, and Brett Anderson has been excellent since coming off of Tommy John surgery. Plus, the Tigers have struggled on the road, and the A's have been great at home. That's a recipe for disaster right there and more than likely almost a guaranteed loss.

However, after tonight, the Tigers still have two more chances to clinch. They're not out of this by any means. Now, if they lose tomorrow, they're in trouble.
    I was hoping that because we beat him last time we played him, this would be no challenge. Regardless, I think this will wake the bats up, as now we have more sense of urgency.

With Max on the mound, I have little worries and today Sanchez did well, just was cursed with little to no run support (though Prince was robbed all day today) Even if we happen to lose tomorrow, if they haven't figured out JV yet, it's not gonna happen 6 days later.

Give Brett Anderson credit where it's due, he pitched great. And that great A's defense helped him out big time.

IIRC, Max is 2-0 with an ERA under 2 against the A's this year. No idea about A.J. Griffin vs. the Tigers, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Terra Branford View Post
    I stated that 3-1 would be good as well Ms. Hates-teams-who-"buy"-their-players-most-notably-the-Red-Sox-and-Yankees. :>
    Their fans more than the teams.

Give Brett Anderson credit where it's due, he pitched great. And that great A's defense helped him out big time.

IIRC, Max is 2-0 with an ERA under 2 against the A's this year. No idea about A.J. Griffin vs. the Tigers, though.
    Griffin gave up five runs the last time he faced us, 3 via the HR (albeit is was in our own home of coarse) But today's loss wasn't disheartening per our pitching, only allowing two runs is great any day of the week, so much as our hitting was failing despite us really ripping the ball a new one. I'll admit that Prince was robbed all three at bats till his last hit though.

Regardless, I feel this lost will drive us to no end tomorrow

Their fans more than the teams.
    Close enough.

Rodriquez doesn't seem like he will be moved down the line-up for tonight 's game. I don't have a problem whether he does or not unlike others.

Some major choking by Jim Johnson this series. Seriously, you are lucky you are facing O's pitching Terra. The Rays back end of the pen wouldn't be blowing these games
    Last edited by TheWatersGreatGuardian; 11th October 2012 at 5:34 AM.

Okay, I'm getting worried about this Tigers game now. Leyland pulled Scherzer too late.

Okay, I'm getting worried about this Tigers game now. Leyland pulled Scherzer too late.
    I'm a little concerned... but I'm keeping faith

Bah!

And there goes the season. Tigers inability to win on the road will be the death of them.

They need to finish a regular season in at least 2nd in the AL if they want to win a World Series.

What a comeback for the A's! love seeing the perennial losers turn it around. Too bad the Bankees won.

You know what? I'm calling it to counterjinx it.

A's shell Verlander tomorrow to eliminate the Tigers and eventually win the World Series. The media will be all "miracle team" this, "miracle team" that. I will have nothing to watch because every Michigan team except the Tigers and Red Wings sucks.

You know what? I'm calling it to counterjinx it.

A's shell Verlander tomorrow to eliminate the Tigers and eventually win the World Series. The media will be all "miracle team" this, "miracle team" that. I will have nothing to watch because every Michigan team except the Tigers and Red Wings sucks.
    Because a random person talking about baseball on a pokemon board has an effect on the game :P

Page 107 of 117 FirstFirst ... 75797103104105106107108109110111 ... LastLast