Page 108 of 117 FirstFirst ... 85898104105106107108109110111112 ... LastLast
Results 2,676 to 2,700 of 2917

Thread: MLB Baseball Thread

Quote Originally Posted by TheWatersGreatGuardian View Post
    Too bad the Bankees won.
    The guy who hit the game-tying and game-winning home runs is a 40-year-old DH making all of $1.1 mil this year. Would seem to me anyone could have had him this season.

-----
    Never underestimate the power of stupidity, of the one and of the many.
    Words to|live by

Quote Originally Posted by Golden_Latias View Post
    Bah!

And there goes the season. Tigers inability to win on the road will be the death of them.

They need to finish a regular season in at least 2nd in the AL if they want to win a World Series.
    2 run lead... that's should have been Valverde. I do think Omar should have gotten Reddick's ground ball and I honestly though Andy could have caught that ball in left... but good figure.
    3DS code:1048-8163-5480
    Why exactly can't Ash get this little guy?
    "I already told you, I don't mind playing the bad guy every once in a while."~ Sonic the Hedgehog

Grand Slam by the Giants. See you next year Reds.

Seriously, you are lucky you are facing O's pitching Terra. The Rays back end of the pen wouldn't be blowing these games
    They Rays wouldn't be scoring runs either. :>

Fighting for real American turtles everywhere. Pro-Turtle since 6/30/13

Quote Originally Posted by Terra Branford View Post
    Grand Slam by the Giants. See you next year Reds.

They Rays wouldn't be scoring runs either. :>
    Big time collapse by the Reds.

"What good is it for a man to gain the world, yet forfeit his soul?"

Big time collapse by the Reds.
    I saw a statistic on Tiger's blog Bless You Boys earlier this morning:

only 4 times in the history of LDS out of 42 where a team has gone up 2 games to none has the trailing team come back to win the series.
    So now it's 5 games out of 43, huh? Hopefully the Tigs won't make it 6 out of 44.

Seems like this postseason has been the postseason of choke jobs, from the reds, to Jim Johnson, to the Tigers if they lose

Seems like this postseason has been the postseason of choke jobs, from the reds, to Jim Johnson, to the Tigers if they lose
    Nope, not gonna happen. Currently 6-0 Tigers in the 7th inning.

See ya next year, A's, and good luck. They're going to be a very good team in the near future. All they need is some offense.

Quote Originally Posted by Golden_Latias View Post
    Nope, not gonna happen. Currently 6-0 Tigers in the 7th inning.

See ya next year, A's, and good luck. They're going to be a very good team in the near future. All they need is some offense.
    I am not counting Chickens just yet... but damn JV is pitching a Gem
    "I already told you, I don't mind playing the bad guy every once in a while."~ Sonic the Hedgehog

Yankees are an utterly worthless team. Granderson, Swisher and some of the others are legit terrible human beings. Not showing up to work and collecting millions for it makes you a bad person.
    Pokemon Black FC: 5458 0929 9006

What does extreme hyperbole make a person?

-----
    Words to|live by

Quote Originally Posted by thekorean View Post
    Yankees are an utterly worthless team. Granderson, Swisher and some of the others are legit terrible human beings. Not showing up to work and collecting millions for it makes you a bad person.
    How could you leave out A-Rod :O He's the easiest out in a post season game

Sweet Game 5 forced by the O's

Sweet Game 5 forced by the O's
    Sweet Tigers victory against the annoying and cocky Athletics

COMPLETE GAME SHUTOUT JUSTIN VERLANDER
    Last edited by Joltik-Kid; 12th October 2012 at 5:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Joltik-Kid View Post
    Sweet Tigers victory against the annoying and cocky Athletics

COMPLETE GAME SHUTOUT JUSTIN VERLANDER
    Why are they cocky?

Why are they cocky?
    I don't know if you were watching... but everything was a big deal to those guys. Getting called on strikes, getting hits, their pitches laughing when they struck the tigers out. If nothing less, the fans were. But, maybe I'm confusing what I consider cockiness with energetic. But what Reddick claimed about Al in Game 2 was uncalled for. You have no right calling a guy immature when your throwing your bat, helmet, whatever is in your way when you continuously strikeout. (TBS kept bringing the damn kiss up)

Don't get me wrong, I respect and congratulate the A's for having one of the most magical seasons in Baseball. If by some chance the A's had won tonight, as disappointed as I'd be, I would want them to win the whole thing. Sucks my Tiger and Reds WS was ruined today. The Reds were what the Tigers could have been... got too comfortable and wasn't putting in enough offensive potential.

I don't know if you were watching... but everything was a big deal to those guys. Getting called on strikes, getting hits, their pitches laughing when they struck the tigers out. If nothing less, the fans were.
    Um. This is what every team does. All 30 of them. It's called showing emotion. People do it. You have guys on your team known for it. Not the least of which is...

You have no right calling a guy immature when your throwing your bat, helmet, whatever is in your way when you continuously strikeout.
    ...Jose Valverde. We have discussed this. Have you watched your closer do anything? Ever? The man does an entire samba routine before, after and sometimes during every pitch, but it's the A's who were acting out too much in this series?

The Reds were what the Tigers could have been... got too comfortable and wasn't putting in enough offensive potential.
    The Reds will ever continue to go as far as Dusty Baker takes them. Downward. He's terrible as an in-game manager. Terrible. This Reds team has all the talent in the world and he continuously would run them out of innings with basepath plays, continuously use the wrong guys in the wrong situation. It's incredible.

-----
    Words to|live by

Quote Originally Posted by BCVM22 View Post
    Um. This is what every team does. All 30 of them. It's called showing emotion. People do it. You have guys on your team known for it. Not the least of which is...
    If you read on, I sort of corrected my statement. I don't know, it's just something about the young ones that always has a sort of cockiness flare to it. But yeah, it's just their a group of energetic and semi-emotional guys. Just cause I don't care so much for their attitude though, doesn't mean I think any less of them (the team). Oh man, if they use this as an experience and come back next year playing like they did this year... the West is gonna have a 3 way battle royal (unless the Rangers crumble again, because the Astros and Mariners will likely not be much of a factor). And although Golden_Latias doesn't think so, I honestly believe the Central could get tougher if the Twins and Royals capitalize on their starting pitching. Indians might not become a big threat, but they sure gave the Tigers fits this year, so I expect them to do the same again in 2013, especially with Francona becoming their Manager.

...Jose Valverde. We have discussed this. Have you watched your closer do anything? Ever? The man does an entire samba routine before, after and sometimes during every pitch, but it's the A's who were acting out too much in this series?
    Why you only looking at the bad things I post ;_;

I get it alright, he does the dance, but I'm talking about Reddick saying Albuquerque was immature for kissing the ball in the emotional moment and pretty much pivotal point of the game. And the only reason I brought it was was because I continuously had to hear some mention of it each chance the announcers and broadcasters had (last night). In that one instants of Game 2, that was uncalled for. If someone else said something about Valverde... I'd probably agree with them. Then again, most closer's have some obnoxious quirk about them, Valverde just happens to have the largest.

The Reds will never continue to go as far as Dusty Baker takes them. Downward. He's terrible as an in-game manager. Terrible. This Reds team has all the talent in the world and he continuously would run them out of innings with basepath plays, continuously use the wrong guys in the wrong situation. It's incredible.
    I didn't really watch the Reds play all year, except when I watched the Tigers amount an assault on them during inter-league play. I would never have wished for the guy to have a stroke, but it appeared that once he left the Reds became almost unstoppable. Unfortunately, Vato getting injured and coming back unproductive did hurt the offense, but then again... you make a great point about running out of innings on the base path.

This feels like all the Jimmy Leyland haters, saying he mismanages a lot of our games, especially early in the season in those 1 run games. Some believe we win despite JL

Speaking of Game 5's...has there ever been a Game 5 in every division series? If not, looks like this year is a first.

Aside from that, hopefully the Orioles or the Nationals advance. Sometimes, I just gotta root for the underdogs...

Rodriguez has been benched. Time to advance to the ALCS.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Scalgon View Post
    Speaking of Game 5's...has there ever been a Game 5 in every division series? If not, looks like this year is a first.

Aside from that, hopefully the Orioles or the Nationals advance. Sometimes, I just gotta root for the underdogs...
    First time from what TBS is saying. The Teams are all equal it seems and everyone of them deserved to be in the post season

I don't really care who wins the Baltimore/Yankee game. Either team is beatable to the Tigers IMO. We already beat one "Team of Destiny", I'm certain we can pull through again. If it's the Yankees, well we've beaten them everytime that we played them in the playoffs since 06. But this is the post season, where anything is possible.

Rodriguez has been benched. Time to advance to the ALCS.
    I'm just gonna flat out say it... both the Yankees and Orioles suck at producing runs, in this series.

I'm just gonna flat out say it... both the Yankees and Orioles suck at producing runs, in this series.
    I don't think anyone needed to say that. I thought that it was fairly clear.

I don't think anyone needed to say that. I thought that it was fairly clear.
    So what I'm getting at is A-Rod isn't the only problem for the Yankees. When only 3 guys on your team can be reliable your bound to lose, unless of coarse the other team is just as bad

A grudge match with Detroit awaits now...
    Ceci n'est pas une signature
    -----
    RIP Foghorn Leghorn and Casey Kasem

Woot! Yankees are in!
    3DS FC: 1762-3779-2632
    I have claimed Empoleon, Rosalina, and Super Mario Galaxy!
    Pokégyms

Quote Originally Posted by TheEliteEmpoleon View Post
    Woot! Yankees are in!

Page 108 of 117 FirstFirst ... 85898104105106107108109110111112 ... LastLast