Page 115 of 117 FirstFirst ... 1565105111112113114115116117 LastLast
Results 2,851 to 2,875 of 2917

Thread: MLB Baseball Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Joltik-Kid View Post
    Aha, take that guy who argued about Trout quite a couple pages back... he used a shiny Magikarp avatar. Also, take that Sabermetrics
    "Take that Sabermetrics"? Really? Seriously? I'm sorry, are you six years old?

-----
    Never underestimate the power of stupidity, of the one and of the many.
    Words to|live by

Nothing wrong with sabermetrics. In fact, I think that had Miggy not won the Triple Crown, Trout would have won the MVP.

Quote Originally Posted by BCVM22 View Post
    "Take that Sabermetrics"? Really? Seriously? I'm sorry, are you six years old?
    Hey, I'm all giddy right now okay... no I'm not 6 years old. I don't completely agree with the new age Sabermetric formula. WAR is not 100% there yet (in fact it's ridiculous right now as it stands) otherwise Ben Zobrist is exactly 9.3 percent better than Adrian Gonzalez.
    3DS code:1048-8163-5480
    Why exactly can't Ash get this little guy?
    "I already told you, I don't mind playing the bad guy every once in a while."~ Sonic the Hedgehog

I agree it's not yet a perfect statistic, but that doesn't discount the player value it indicates nor does it discredit the (now former) case for Trout as the MVP based on the total value he provided to his team nor does it at all discount the benefit of sabermetrics and the information they provide us.

-----
    Words to|live by

I agree it's not yet a perfect statistic, but that doesn't discount the player value it indicates nor does it discredit the (now former) case for Trout as the MVP based on the total value he provided to his team nor does it at all discount the benefit of sabermetrics and the information they provide us.
    I still don't understand the WAR formula (as there is no established system for it) but based on Trout's performances, I think he rightfully deserved to be in the MVP discussion, possibly winning it had Cabrera not stepped his game up in the last two months that really counted.
    "I already told you, I don't mind playing the bad guy every once in a while."~ Sonic the Hedgehog

There's no "possibly" to it. Neither one would have been the wrong choice. There is no argument - I repeat, no argument - for either one not being the MVP.

-----
    Words to|live by

I hope you know I didn't mean for it to sound bias ^^;

Of coarse both had solid arguments on why they should be MVP

As long as we're past that "take that, sabermetrics" thing.

-----
    Words to|live by

It's all good ^^ The only one I don't have faith in right now is WAR, but it will get there sooner or later

Quote Originally Posted by TheWatersGreatGuardian View Post
    I actually feel the O's and Jays are bigger threats at the moment than the Yankees and Red Sox. What has always held the Jays back is their starting pitching. That just got a lot better.

I would have preferred things stayed as they were. BTW why are you surprised that the marlins blew up their team? Its something they have made a habit of over the years
    I still view the Yankees as valid contenders next year, but you've probably looked into the statistics more then me.

And I guess I haven't been watching baseball long enough to have seen them do it before.
    Quote Originally Posted by Golden_Latias View Post
    EDIT: And Miggy wins the MVP. Good. He absolutely deserved it.
    Does anyone know how many points seperated he and Trout?
    Aha, take that guy who argued about Trout quite a couple pages back... he used a shiny Magikarp avatar.
    That would be woot21. And it's not like he was being ridiculous. As was stated later...

There is no argument - I repeat, no argument - for either one not being the MVP.
    I'm looking for a Serperior named Serpedera. It'll be at lvl 98 or above. If you happen to have such a pokemon please PM me.

Pretendeavors (Goals I have that don't really mean anything) Updated 10-04-13

Voltorb Flip, Level 8 Victories: 16
    White Geonet: All countries completed!!! (130), 505 Trade Locations (of 513)
    The Last Ten: Locations
    Arunachel Pradesh, India * Dadra & Nager Hall, India * Formosa, Argentina ()
    Henan, China * Himachal Pradesh, India * Lakshadweep, India
    Lubusz, Poland * Madhya Pradesh, India * Shaanxi, China () * Sikkim, India

Pokeathlon Pokedex: 493/493- COMPLETED!!! (01-05-13)

Quote Originally Posted by PsychicPsycho View Post
    Does anyone know how many points seperated he and Trout?
    http://bbwaa.com/12-al-mvp/

A lot more than one might have expected.

-----
    Words to|live by

http://bbwaa.com/12-al-mvp/

A lot more than one might have expected.
    Wow. Yeah I'd have thought it would've been a lot closer then that.

Thanks.

Oh wait, while I'm thinking about it- I remember seeing on tv that the Cy Young vote was tied one year (I can't remember which). Did they declare both pitchers the winner that year, or did they have some kind of tiebreaker?
    I'm looking for a Serperior named Serpedera. It'll be at lvl 98 or above. If you happen to have such a pokemon please PM me.

Pretendeavors (Goals I have that don't really mean anything) Updated 10-04-13

Voltorb Flip, Level 8 Victories: 16
    White Geonet: All countries completed!!! (130), 505 Trade Locations (of 513)
    The Last Ten: Locations
    Arunachel Pradesh, India * Dadra & Nager Hall, India * Formosa, Argentina ()
    Henan, China * Himachal Pradesh, India * Lakshadweep, India
    Lubusz, Poland * Madhya Pradesh, India * Shaanxi, China () * Sikkim, India

Pokeathlon Pokedex: 493/493- COMPLETED!!! (01-05-13)

Looks like that would have been 1969 in the AL. There were co-winners that year, evidently.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cy_Youn...0.93present.29

-----
    Words to|live by

Well good news (depending on certain peoples version of "good") for my favorite team the Tigers, Raburn's gone and Porcello is likely staying as he changed his number from 48 to 21 (Tori is keeping number 48)

Well good news (depending on certain peoples version of "good") for my favorite team the Tigers, Raburn's gone and Porcello is likely staying as he changed his number from 48 to 21 (Tori is keeping number 48)
    Known both bits of info. for a few days. Good that Raburn's gone, but I'm indifferent on Porcello. Would still prefer the Tigers to trade him and start Smyly, but of course, they do need to try to get Sanchez signed first.

Quote Originally Posted by Golden_Latias View Post
    Known both bits of info. for a few days. Good that Raburn's gone, but I'm indifferent on Porcello. Would still prefer the Tigers to trade him and start Smyly, but of course, they do need to try to get Sanchez signed first.
    If Sanchez doesn't lower his 90 mil dreams... I expect the same rotation we had mid season this year

and Porcello is likely staying as he changed his number from 48 to 21 (Tori is keeping number 48)
    A publicized number change doesn't at all preclude him from being traded.

-----
    Words to|live by

If Sanchez doesn't lower his 90 mil dreams... I expect the same rotation we had mid season this year
    He's not going to get 90M. No one wants to pay him that much.

A publicized number change doesn't at all preclude him from being traded.
    I never said it was guaranteed, just that it seems likely... he's still got plenty of time to improve given his age (which is why I think the organization wants to keep him).

Evan Longoria is signed through 2022 by the Rays! That is a shocker to me. never thought the Rays would give out a 100 million dollar contract

"What good is it for a man to gain the world, yet forfeit his soul?"

In new slightly related to the AL East...
    Pirates sign Russel Martin. Can't be worse that Rod last year.

woot21 out dawgs
    I have created a new word for the internet LOLE it means laugh out loud evily, if you think it is a good word copy and paste this into your sig. and use it. (started by woot21)
    I am the prince of all noobs. I am the dreaded super noob, fear my noobiness. I obey only my lord and master the king of all noobs, Magikarp.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blazios View Post
    And isn't Magikarp's Final Smash obvious? It's called:
        Spoiler:- Best move ever.:
    3DS FC: 2423-2730-4422
    Dream Address: 4500-3343-5150

Quote Originally Posted by woot21 View Post
    In new slightly related to the AL East...
    Pirates sign Russel Martin. Can't be worse that Rod last year.

woot21 out dawgs
    He was decent with the Yankees. Glad he is out of the east

"What good is it for a man to gain the world, yet forfeit his soul?"

Quote Originally Posted by TheWatersGreatGuardian View Post
    He was decent with the Yankees. Glad he is out of the east
    And yet Pirates fans are upset about this signing, because they feel we should have gotten a better catcher. The only other decent catchers on the market were McCann (injury issues (so it could have been Ryan Doumit all over again)), Napoli (going to be 32 and would have cost way too much), Ruiz (see Napoli), and Pierzynski (35 currently). So Martin was among the best choices out there. Also, people want to see fan favorite McKenry be the starter, even though he struggled getting the bulk of the playing time when Barajas was hurt.

woot21 out dawgs
    I have created a new word for the internet LOLE it means laugh out loud evily, if you think it is a good word copy and paste this into your sig. and use it. (started by woot21)
    I am the prince of all noobs. I am the dreaded super noob, fear my noobiness. I obey only my lord and master the king of all noobs, Magikarp.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blazios View Post
    And isn't Magikarp's Final Smash obvious? It's called:
        Spoiler:- Best move ever.:
    3DS FC: 2423-2730-4422
    Dream Address: 4500-3343-5150

If your fellow Pirates fans keep harping on it, remind them that Brian McCann isn't a free agent, and if he were, he too would be priced out of the Pirates' budget.

-----
    Words to|live by

Well Sanchez apparently doesn't want to lower his expected 90 mil 6 year deal yet. The Tigers offered him a 48 mil 4 year contract, but he turned them down

Page 115 of 117 FirstFirst ... 1565105111112113114115116117 LastLast