Page 101 of 117 FirstFirst ... 5191979899100101102103104105111 ... LastLast
Results 2,501 to 2,525 of 2917

Thread: MLB Baseball Thread

Quote Originally Posted by BCVM22 View Post
    Again, tired and utterly insufferable
    Yup. and not the least bit ashamed, Mr. Perfect. When it comes to the Red Sox and Yankees (I honestly could care less about teams outside the AL East at this point big market or no) I am insufferable and proud of it. So you might as well stop moaning about it. I straight up hate the Yankees and Red Sox and it simply is not going to change.
    Last edited by TheWatersGreatGuardian; 25th August 2012 at 5:46 PM.

"What good is it for a man to gain the world, yet forfeit his soul?"

baseball is fun to play with friends on the summer
    but on the winters, you cant play outside... (stupid ppl talking here) xD

W2: 5072-1789-3761 | W: 1807-9100-3523 | IGN: Draco | My Clan: The Hoenn Triangle

Spoiler:- THT:

Again, tired and utterly insufferable. Made worse by your keening every time someone dares not give your team the respect you've convinced yourself they deserve. I dare say your schtick is at least as bad as the Red Sox fans you never pass up an opportunity to complain about.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWatersGreatGuardian View Post
    I really don't care that you don't like me. I enjoy watching the Red Sox implode, the franchise deserves it after how they have acted in the past year. Their fans also need a nice dose of humility.
    Thats a Skip Bayless type of response.

But the whole argument is dumb. The Red Sox are rebuilding and focusing on the future of their Franchise. They cleaned house within a year and dropped their two largest contracts to put money toward younger, promising players.
    Last edited by The_UnAmerican_Idol; 25th August 2012 at 5:49 PM.
    My Pokemon White FC: 4728-4965-2910
    My Pokemon White 2 FC: 4513-8303-2953

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiitalian View Post
    Thats a Skip Bayless type of response.
    Again I really don't care that people don't like my Yankee/Red Sox hate. its not changing. The Red Sox deserve every bit of the turmoil they have created

Yup. and not the least bit ashamed, Mr. Perfect. When it comes to the Red Sox and Yankees (I honestly could care less about teams outside the AL East at this point big market or no) I am insufferable and proud of it. So you might as well stop moaning about it. I straight up hate the Yankees and Red Sox and it simply is not going to change.
    Again I really don't care that people don't like my Yankee/Red Sox hate. its not changing. The Red Sox deserve every bit of the turmoil they have created
    And as such, you've divested yourself of any right to whine about it any time someone calls you out about it or says something less than complimentary towards your team. Keep this in mind the next time you do either of those things, as we know you will, on both counts.

-----
    Never underestimate the power of stupidity, of the one and of the many.
    Words to|live by

Now the Red Sox's largest contract in terms of value in 2012 salary is Dustin Pedroia, a big distance comparing 21 million to 8 million. Now the Red Sox have more money to find a good 1st baseman, an outfielder or two, and some pitching.

In my neck of the woods, the Phillies just swept the Nationals behind Cliff Lee's home win of the year and are within 9 games of the Wild Card. Can the Phillies get to the playoffs? They are now 61-67.

Manager of:

Watch the Power of Aura!

White FC: 0691 1059 6854

Quote Originally Posted by CorkaCola View Post
    Now the Red Sox's largest contract in terms of value in 2012 salary is Dustin Pedroia, a big distance comparing 21 million to 8 million. Now the Red Sox have more money to find a good 1st baseman, an outfielder or two, and some pitching.

In my neck of the woods, the Phillies just swept the Nationals behind Cliff Lee's home win of the year and are within 9 games of the Wild Card. Can the Phillies get to the playoffs? They are now 61-67.
    I doubt it. Unless they pulled a 2011 Rays of course who were about 8 games back going into september, but I just don't see that happening.

Quote Originally Posted by CorkaCola View Post

Id much rather the Red Sox find a good starting pitcher in this weak 2012 Free Agent Pool.

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiitalian View Post
    Id much rather the Red Sox find a good starting pitcher in this weak 2012 Free Agent Pool.
    I think Bobby V is part of the problem too.

and just a thought, maybe the Sox should go back to developing pitchers instead of buying them.

and just a thought, maybe the Sox should go back to developing pitchers instead of buying them.
    Lester, Buchholz, Papelbon, Masterson (straight from the Red Sox system), Wakefield, Arroyo (traded for as very young players), Beckett (traded for with prospects from the minor league system).

Claiming Boston has done nothing but spend on pitchers simply isn't something that can be factually supported.

-----
    Words to|live by

Lester, Buchholz, Papelbon, Masterson (straight from the Red Sox system), Wakefield, Arroyo (traded for as very young players), Beckett (traded for with prospects from the minor league system).

Claiming Boston has done nothing but spend on pitchers simply isn't something that can be factually supported.
    Did I say that? Nope. I said they should go BACK to this. I never claimed all they did was buy pitchers
    Last edited by TheWatersGreatGuardian; 27th August 2012 at 2:50 PM.

Nope. I said they should go BACK to this. I never claimed all they did was buy pitchers
    If nothing else, certainly you can agree that saying they should go "back" to something implies that you feel they've moved away from it, yes?

-----
    Words to|live by

Oh, to blow a lead in the 9th when you're one strike away from winning against a division rival. And then to tie in the next inning on the first swing only to lose in eleven. It's games like those where I get emotionally invested in a team.

Fighting for real American turtles everywhere. Pro-Turtle since 6/30/13

Quote Originally Posted by Terra Branford View Post
    Oh, to blow a lead in the 9th when you're one strike away from winning against a division rival. And then to tie in the next inning on the first swing only to lose in eleven. It's games like those where I get emotionally invested in a team.
    I know the feeling. There are times, like being shutout by Luke Hochevar over 9 innings and losing 1-0 in the 10, that I wish I never got into baseball

and tonight. Yet another 1-0 loss. Rays are fading fast and have pretty much erased whatever good they did on that hot streak. We have all the pitching talent in the world. We just don't have the offense to keep up. What a frustrating season
    Last edited by TheWatersGreatGuardian; 29th August 2012 at 3:57 AM.

Wakefield, Arroyo (traded for as very young players)
    Oh look, two former Pirates. Also, they did not develop Wakefield, that was the Pirates, just FYI.
    Can the Phillies get to the playoffs? They are now 61-67.
    No, they would have to jump 6 teams to make it. That is not happening.

woot21 out dawgs
    I have created a new word for the internet LOLE it means laugh out loud evily, if you think it is a good word copy and paste this into your sig. and use it. (started by woot21)
    I am the prince of all noobs. I am the dreaded super noob, fear my noobiness. I obey only my lord and master the king of all noobs, Magikarp.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blazios View Post
    And isn't Magikarp's Final Smash obvious? It's called:
        Spoiler:- Best move ever.:
    3DS FC: 2423-2730-4422
    Dream Address: 4500-3343-5150

Quote Originally Posted by woot21 View Post
    Also, they did not develop Wakefield, that was the Pirates, just FYI.
    I believe my exact words, visible in your quote, were in fact "traded for as very young players." Even if that's not strictly true, looking at Wakefield, I think the point is clear enough.
    Last edited by BCVM22; 30th August 2012 at 11:22 PM.

-----
    Words to|live by

It's nice to see the Reds doing so well. I can only hope they make it to the World Series, but that's still pretty far away at this point.
    [IMG]http://i37.*******.com/2d164cz.png[/IMG]

pock pock pock

Quote Originally Posted by SugarFreeJazz View Post
    It's nice to see the Reds doing so well. I can only hope they make it to the World Series, but that's still pretty far away at this point.
    The only weakness I see on what looks like a juggernaut of a team is the relative lack of postseason experience of their starting staff.

The fact that Dusty Baker still manages the Reds will hold them back far worse than any lack of experience on the part of their pitching staff, perceived or otherwise.

-----
    Words to|live by

Well the Red Sox-Dodgers trade has pretty much done nothing for the Dodgers except for Josh Beckett who's lost 1&won 1. They pretty much are playing worse. Adrian Gonzalez can't get any hits. The Dodgers are still not scoring enough runs. Yesterday they won 2-1 just because of Josh Beckett's great performance. Josh Beckett is only decent thing right now. AD needs to start getting more hits&quickly.
    Last edited by Sinnoh Ash; 3rd September 2012 at 6:33 AM.
    YOU EITHER DIE A HERO OR YOU LIVE LONG ENOUGH TO SEE YOURSELF BECOME THE VILLAIN ~THE DARK KNIGHT

Quote Originally Posted by Sinnoh Ash View Post
    Well the Red Sox-Dodgers trade has done nothing for the Dodgers.
    You say this...

Yesterday they won 2-1 just because of Josh Beckett's great performance.
    ...and then say this. So... having Beckett make an excellent start rather than whatever name they might have pulled out of a hat otherwise is still "nothing"?

AD needs to start getting more hits&quickly.
    Adrian Gonzalez is but one piece. You can't possibly put all the blame on him when your other vaunted players in Kemp, Either, Ramirez aren't pulling their weight either. Why do they get free passes?

-----
    Words to|live by

Adrian Gonzalez is but one piece. You can't possibly put all the blame on him when your other vaunted players in Kemp, Either, Ramirez aren't pulling their weight either. Why do they get free passes?
    Well Adrian Gonzalez is earning much more than everyone other than Hanley this year. And his performance so far hasnt been good enough to make him a $21 Million/year player. Eventually he might start to settle in LA and be as good as he was in previous years, but only time will tell. And Andre Ethier might be having a bad year if you think a .293 average and 79 RBI is mediocre.. PLus Hanley Ramirez has been pretty good with the Dodgers so....

And yet when those complaints were made, the complaint seemed to be that nobody was hitting. If that was indeed the case - and it was - then one player simply can't be blamed solely, completely independent of salary, no?

-----
    Words to|live by

and a 10 game lead in first place is out the window. O's in first along with the Yankees with the Rays 1.5 back.

Quote Originally Posted by VEVOZ View Post
    baseball is fun to play with friends on the summer
    but on the winters, you cant play outside... (stupid ppl talking here) xD
    Actually, that might be interesting...Ice Baseball. It'd change up the defensive strategies a bit, or least the defensive play in general.
    and a 10 game lead in first place is out the window. O's in first along with the Yankees with the Rays 1.5 back.
    Awesome, nice and dramatic. I'm enjoying watching the previously struggling Orioles & Rays fight against the Yankees.
    I'm looking for a Serperior named Serpedera. It'll be at lvl 98 or above. If you happen to have such a pokemon please PM me.

Pretendeavors (Goals I have that don't really mean anything) Updated 10-04-13

Voltorb Flip, Level 8 Victories: 16
    White Geonet: All countries completed!!! (130), 505 Trade Locations (of 513)
    The Last Ten: Locations
    Arunachel Pradesh, India * Dadra & Nager Hall, India * Formosa, Argentina ()
    Henan, China * Himachal Pradesh, India * Lakshadweep, India
    Lubusz, Poland * Madhya Pradesh, India * Shaanxi, China () * Sikkim, India

Pokeathlon Pokedex: 493/493- COMPLETED!!! (01-05-13)

Page 101 of 117 FirstFirst ... 5191979899100101102103104105111 ... LastLast