Page 102 of 117 FirstFirst ... 252929899100101102103104105106112 ... LastLast
Results 2,526 to 2,550 of 2917

Thread: MLB Baseball Thread

This describes everything..
    My Pokemon White FC: 4728-4965-2910
    My Pokemon White 2 FC: 4513-8303-2953

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiitalian View Post

This describes everything..
    Why are you even surprised at any way the Sox find to lose these days? That team is a wreck

"What good is it for a man to gain the world, yet forfeit his soul?"

Quote Originally Posted by PsychicPsycho View Post
    Awesome, nice and dramatic. I'm enjoying watching the previously struggling Orioles & Rays fight against the Yankees.
    At least the Yankees will be able to control their own destiny for the most part.

Fighting for real American turtles everywhere. Pro-Turtle since 6/30/13

Quote Originally Posted by TheWatersGreatGuardian View Post
    Why are you even surprised at any way the Sox find to lose these days? That team is a wreck
    When did I say I was surprised? Never. Its a joke.

Quote Originally Posted by Terra Branford View Post
    At least the Yankees will be able to control their own destiny for the most part.
    Same could be said of the Rays and O's.

I'm hearing Roger Clemens on ESPN saying he hopes to pitch with the Astros next year. Do you guys think he'll be good enough for that? I haven't seen him pitch in the majors before, and there's all the acusations of steroids, so I have no idea how good he might be. Even with age and loss (or not) of steroids, I have to think he wouldn't be the worst pitcher in the majors.
    Same could be said of the Rays and O's.
    Wait, what? Hmm... that sounds weird at first, that all three 'control their destiny', but I suppose it's true, as long as everyone plays each other enough times. I never though of it that way.
    I'm looking for a Serperior named Serpedera. It'll be at lvl 98 or above. If you happen to have such a pokemon please PM me.

Pretendeavors (Goals I have that don't really mean anything) Updated 10-04-13

Voltorb Flip, Level 8 Victories: 16
    White Geonet: All countries completed!!! (130), 505 Trade Locations (of 513)
    The Last Ten: Locations
    Arunachel Pradesh, India * Dadra & Nager Hall, India * Formosa, Argentina ()
    Henan, China * Himachal Pradesh, India * Lakshadweep, India
    Lubusz, Poland * Madhya Pradesh, India * Shaanxi, China () * Sikkim, India

Pokeathlon Pokedex: 493/493- COMPLETED!!! (01-05-13)

I'm hearing Roger Clemens on ESPN saying he hopes to pitch with the Astros next year.
    He didn't say that. What he said was along the lines of "I hope to be in an Astros uniform next spring, helping those kids." He has a personal services contact with the Astros - something that prominent players will have included in what is often their last major contract with their organization of choice - meaning that the Astros technically have his name in their organizational staff roster as a spring training/minor league instructor, consultant, special assistant to the GM or whatever other instructional/ceremonial job they want to assign to him. It's basically a way for a player to ensure that he can still have some sort of minor role in an organization, and thus still draw a meager paycheck, following his retirement.

-----
    Never underestimate the power of stupidity, of the one and of the many.
    Words to|live by

I'm hearing Roger Clemens on ESPN saying he hopes to pitch with the Astros next year. Do you guys think he'll be good enough for that? I haven't seen him pitch in the majors before, and there's all the acusations of steroids, so I have no idea how good he might be. Even with age and loss (or not) of steroids, I have to think he wouldn't be the worst pitcher in the majors.
    Wait, what? Hmm... that sounds weird at first, that all three 'control their destiny', but I suppose it's true, as long as everyone plays each other enough times. I never though of it that way.
    The Yankees have a 1 game lead on the O's and a 2 game lead on the Rays. Pretty sure both the Rays and the O's have a series left with the Yankees. I know the Rays do. a 1 and 2 game lead at this point of the season is tenuous at best.

The Pirates made 7 errors in 1 game last night. I'm not sure if that's a record or not, but it seems kinda alarming to me since they are trying to compete for a playoff spot as far as I remember...I haven't looked at the standings or anything for forever XD
    Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    Biggest Fan of the Diamond and Pearl Series: Dawn+Serena Fan

Quote Originally Posted by thedehydrator View Post
    The Pirates made 7 errors in 1 game last night. I'm not sure if that's a record or not, but it seems kinda alarming to me since they are trying to compete for a playoff spot as far as I remember...I haven't looked at the standings or anything for forever XD
    Theyve had defensive issues all year...

Jorge Arangure ‏@jorgearangure
    wait, what?? RT @AndrewMarchand: Postgame Chaos: Girardi got into it with Joel Sherman of the Post, too. They were separated at one point.

Andrew Marchand@AndrewMarchand
    Joel said it is part of the gig. Girardi got annoyed, but called Joel into his office after presser. There it got heated & there was yelling

Security got in the middle of it before anything happened. More on Bronx Zoo later in full column.

Haha, New York reporters are the best entertainment
    Last edited by TheWatersGreatGuardian; 9th September 2012 at 5:14 AM.

Jorge Arangure ‏@jorgearangure
    wait, what?? RT @AndrewMarchand: Postgame Chaos: Girardi got into it with Joel Sherman of the Post, too. They were separated at one point.

Joel said it is part of the gig. Girardi got annoyed, but called Joel into his office after presser. There it got heated & there was yelling

Security got in the middle of it before anything happened. More on Bronx Zoo later in full column.

Haha, New York reporters are the best entertainment
    Ahhhh the Yankees...

Quote Originally Posted by BCVM22 View Post
    He didn't say that. What he said was along the lines of "I hope to be in an Astros uniform next spring, helping those kids." He has a personal services contact with the Astros - something that prominent players will have included in what is often their last major contract with their organization of choice - meaning that the Astros technically have his name in their organizational staff roster as a spring training/minor league instructor, consultant, special assistant to the GM or whatever other instructional/ceremonial job they want to assign to him. It's basically a way for a player to ensure that he can still have some sort of minor role in an organization, and thus still draw a meager paycheck, following his retirement.
    The way the interview was going, it sounded like they were talking about him being on the team, not just helping. I think the last question was something like 'What if the Astros president calls and asks you to pitch next week?', to which Clemens responded that he'd listen to such a call. And all other talk I've heard about him possibly coming back certainly sounded as though he'd be pitching.

That's just things I've heard on ESPN (and possibly MLB network), so perhaps I'm missing part of the story.
    The Yankees have a 1 game lead on the O's and a 2 game lead on the Rays. Pretty sure both the Rays and the O's have a series left with the Yankees. I know the Rays do. a 1 and 2 game lead at this point of the season is tenuous at best.
    Oh no, I wasn't saying you were wrong. I thought you made an interesting comment, since I usually don't think of all the teams in a race as being able to control things, although it's true here.
    I'm looking for a Serperior named Serpedera. It'll be at lvl 98 or above. If you happen to have such a pokemon please PM me.

The way the interview was going, it sounded like they were talking about him being on the team, not just helping.
    Again, that's more or less what he said. "I hope to be in uniform and helping those kids next spring." He intends to be in spring training camp with the Astros as an instructor, something he probably would have been doing the last few years were it not for the ongoing litigation, because he's signed to a personal services contract to do so.

I think the last question was something like 'What if the Astros president calls and asks you to pitch next week?', to which Clemens responded that he'd listen to such a call.
    He said he'd listen. Right after, he also said that he didn't think his body would allow for that.

And all other talk I've heard about him possibly coming back certainly sounded as though he'd be pitching.
    And that's just talk. Clemens decided to get some exercise by pitching for an indie league team - talent equivalent to somewhere between Single-A and Double-A - and someone, somewhere needed a story angle, so they posited "what if a 50-year-old former All-Star and Cy Young winner and all-world pitcher and noted red-*** personality came back and pitched in the major leagues, scant months after being found not guilty of perjuring himself in claiming he never [knowingly/purposely/whatever] used PEDs? Oh, by the way, this would delay his pending eligibility for the Hall of Fame ballot by another five years, more time to let that whole 'PEDs' thing escape the public conciousness. Wouldn't that be so incredibly juicy?!", and off the story went.
    Last edited by BCVM22; 9th September 2012 at 9:31 AM.

-----
    Never underestimate the power of stupidity, of the one and of the many.
    Words to|live by

Astro's this year are terrible.

Quote Originally Posted by dd1zzle View Post
    Astro's this year are terrible.
    Theyre attempting to rebuild at least.... barely...

I hate the Pirates.

woot21 out dawgs
    I have created a new word for the internet LOLE it means laugh out loud evily, if you think it is a good word copy and paste this into your sig. and use it. (started by woot21)
    I am the prince of all noobs. I am the dreaded super noob, fear my noobiness. I obey only my lord and master the king of all noobs, Magikarp.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blazios View Post
    And isn't Magikarp's Final Smash obvious? It's called:
        Spoiler:- Best move ever.:
    3DS FC: 2423-2730-4422
    Dream Address: 4500-3343-5150

So close to the end of the season and the Yankees are still in first. Hopefully, that huge lead is not choked away for good.

My Padres might finish above .500 this season, thats a succesfull season in my eyes. Considering everybody thought we would be one of the worst teams in the entire MLB

Quote Originally Posted by BCVM22 View Post
    ...something he probably would have been doing the last few years were it not for the ongoing litigation, because he's signed to a personal services contract to do so.
    I was wondering about that. I'd assumed that he'd already be working with the Astros, if it was to be in the manner you described. Knowing that does make him providing simple aid to them seem more likely.

I'm terrible at this, you know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crimson_Blazer View Post
    My Padres might finish above .500 this season, thats a succesfull season in my eyes.
    I wish the Royals could finish above .500. Doesn't it suck when as many wins as losses is a success?

The Rays should be ashamed of themselves. Utter implosion after getting the AL East lead down to 3.

Oh well. Go O's. Break the Yankees hearts

Yankees are leading the Blue Jays right now. All will soon be right in MLB.

The Rays should be ashamed of themselves. Utter implosion after getting the AL East lead down to 3.

Quote Originally Posted by Terra Branford View Post
    Yankees are leading the Blue Jays right now. All will soon be right in MLB.
    Meh. Doesn't matter. Yankees won't win it. Don't have the pitching.

and don't forget, season isn't over. yankees still have plenty of chances left to blow it.
    Last edited by TheWatersGreatGuardian; 20th September 2012 at 3:19 AM.

and don't forget, season isn't over. yankees still have plenty of chances left to blow it.
    Yankees will be the 2012 World Series Champions. Rebecca will celebrate with all of her anime friends.
    Eagerly waiting for: Monolith Soft Wii U game

Quote Originally Posted by sceptile33 View Post
    Yankees will be the 2012 World Series Champions. Rebecca will celebrate with all of her anime friends.
    We'll see. After Sabathia and maybe Kuroda, the Yankees don't have the starting rotation to win in the playoffs.

Page 102 of 117 FirstFirst ... 252929899100101102103104105106112 ... LastLast