Page 11 of 117 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314152161111 ... LastLast

Thread: MLB Baseball Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Rebecca R. View Post
    It gives both conferences an equal number of teams and give each team an "equal" chance of winning the World Series. I haven't heard of any talk in getting rid of divisions though.
    I get that it would give both sides an equal number, which would seem to cause a problem; you'd have a team from each league that wouldn't do anything while the rest were playing. I guess if they staggered the schedules right, it may turn out that the solo team would only be out of action for a day. And I heard about the division removal on ESPN; I can't site any articles with it. It might've just been the opinion of someone on there.

I don't know that the chance of a team making the world series are that much different between the two leagues anyway. I would seem the better way to make sure no one gets left out is to expand the playoffs.
    I'm looking for a Serperior named Serpedera. It'll be at lvl 98 or above. If you happen to have such a pokemon please PM me.

Pretendeavors (Goals I have that don't really mean anything) Updated 10-04-13

Voltorb Flip, Level 8 Victories: 16
    White Geonet: All countries completed!!! (130), 505 Trade Locations (of 513)
    The Last Ten: Locations
    Arunachel Pradesh, India * Dadra & Nager Hall, India * Formosa, Argentina ()
    Henan, China * Himachal Pradesh, India * Lakshadweep, India
    Lubusz, Poland * Madhya Pradesh, India * Shaanxi, China () * Sikkim, India

Pokeathlon Pokedex: 493/493- COMPLETED!!! (01-05-13)

restructure most likely won't happen personally i love having to play the crappy nats 12-18 times a year and seeing how messy the mets are i'd much rather face them than the yanks. the al east is most likey why restructure is surfacing because the yanks/rays/sox are probably the 3 best teams in the al and would all most likely make the playoffs if they weren't in the same division
    bushie
    white fc:2581 7084 0443
    soul silver fc: 4298 8231 5702
    WHITE 2 FC : 3182 9975 4292
    3ds fc: 4356 0302 3712
    HERE WE GO EAGLES

Quote Originally Posted by PsychicPsycho View Post
    Have you guys heard about the talk of restructuring baseball? I've heard it suggested the they get rid of divisions, and move the astros to the AL. What do you all think of that?

To me, I kind of don't see the point in doing it. I don't see what there is to gain. If you have an odd number of teams in each league, you'll always have 1 team sitting around, unless you have IL games all the time. Plus, given how traditional baseball is, I can't believe people would be cool with getting rid of the divisions.
    Yeah, the thing that gets to me the most is letting more teams make the playoffs, which are a huge crapshoot as it is. The next thing baseball needs is the tenth best team to win the World Series. Getting rid of the divisions can have its advantages though. For example, if the Rays, Red Sox and Yankees are the three best teams in the AL, then they can all make the playoffs.
    Quote Originally Posted by card986 View Post
    of course i can use google. its taught me more then school.

the phils swept the doubleheader aganist the fish just keep winnin baby can't wait for sox vs phils might be a WS preview.
    bushie
    HERE WE GO EAGLES

Cole Hamels has been doing well recently, which is good because I haven't seen him do this well since the 2008 WS. Phillies vs Red Sox is going to be interesting, in my opinion whoever wins that is going to be the best team in baseball.
    Snake? Snake? Snaaaaaaake!!!

Quote Originally Posted by SkinnySweatyMan View Post
    One word can easily some up the A's season thus far: frustration.
    They wore the gold unis (love those) and won last night, so that was fun at least!
    Pokémon Runner Challenge

Kahuna
    106.95 miles

Quote Originally Posted by SkinnySweatyMan View Post
    Yeah, the thing that gets to me the most is letting more teams make the playoffs, which are a huge crapshoot as it is. The next thing baseball needs is the tenth best team to win the World Series. Getting rid of the divisions can have its advantages though. For example, if the Rays, Red Sox and Yankees are the three best teams in the AL, then they can all make the playoffs.
    I suppose it could happen that the last one in could win the championship. I suppose I'm conflicted on this. I side of me says 'well if they can beat the higher seeds, the higher seeds didn't deserve to win anyway'. At the same time, it is possible that a trade that's not truely deserving does get in and get hot and win the thing.

As for the Rays, Red Sox and Yankees, I might propose we just say the top X teams get in, regardless of division (although they'd still play against the same reg. season division). I actually might find the 3rd place team more impressive then the division winner in other divisions, simply because the 3 AL least teams will be trying to cannibalize each other the whole year, making a good record more impressive.
    Quote Originally Posted by bushie View Post
    the phils swept the doubleheader aganist the fish just keep winnin baby can't wait for sox vs phils might be a WS preview.
    Aw sweet, they're playing in IL? That should be awesome. A couple years ago, one of the phils players, Utley, I think, said it was destiny for the two to play in the WS. I believed in it that year (but the Rays spoiled it), and I believe it this year, too.
    I'm looking for a Serperior named Serpedera. It'll be at lvl 98 or above. If you happen to have such a pokemon please PM me.

Pretendeavors (Goals I have that don't really mean anything) Updated 10-04-13

Voltorb Flip, Level 8 Victories: 16
    White Geonet: All countries completed!!! (130), 505 Trade Locations (of 513)
    The Last Ten: Locations
    Arunachel Pradesh, India * Dadra & Nager Hall, India * Formosa, Argentina ()
    Henan, China * Himachal Pradesh, India * Lakshadweep, India
    Lubusz, Poland * Madhya Pradesh, India * Shaanxi, China () * Sikkim, India

Pokeathlon Pokedex: 493/493- COMPLETED!!! (01-05-13)

the tigers are doing ok this year
    My Youtube Channel

Come Join me on Playstation!
    PSN: TehLoneRaZoR
    Games: CoD: Black Ops, CoD: MW2, CoD: Black Ops 2, Battlefield 3, Assassin's Creed 3

-Thanks FrostStorm

actually hamels said that. i know i said it might be a WS preview but i do not want to see the sox in the WS i don't think the phils match up aganist them. as we've seen in the past seasons the sox have pretty much dominated the phils.

cliff lee complete game 2 hit shutout. phils sweep the fish and have the best record in the league. lee's era is now 3.14
    Last edited by bushie; 17th June 2011 at 12:34 AM.
    bushie
    HERE WE GO EAGLES

Pirates 2 games over! Only 3 out of first place. Going to face the struggling Indians! Top 10 ERA in MLB! 2 pitchers with ERAs in the low 3s! Another with a sub-3 ERA! Is this really happening? HELLS YEAH IT IS!!! LET'S GO BUCS!!!!

woot21 out dawgs
    I have created a new word for the internet LOLE it means laugh out loud evily, if you think it is a good word copy and paste this into your sig. and use it. (started by woot21)
    I am the prince of all noobs. I am the dreaded super noob, fear my noobiness. I obey only my lord and master the king of all noobs, Magikarp.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blazios View Post
    And isn't Magikarp's Final Smash obvious? It's called:
        Spoiler:- Best move ever.:
    3DS FC: 2423-2730-4422
    Dream Address: 4500-3343-5150

Quote Originally Posted by Trainer Orange View Post
    They wore the gold unis (love those) and won last night, so that was fun at least!
    Gold unis two days in a row, two wins in a row. Coincidence? I think not!

Meanwhile the Giants got beat by a team whose jersey is a minor change away from saying "D-bags," doh!
    Pokémon Runner Challenge

Kahuna
    106.95 miles

The Mets balk loss was pretty weird. I never really understood balks.

A balk is defined as the pitcher moving in some fashion that "deceives" the batter.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Balk_(baseball)

Only "problem", if problem it is, is that some of these "acts" are so microscopic and so subjective that sometimes they're called, sometimes they're not, depending largely on the umpire, which means that a microscopic flinch might be called as a balk by one ump but not by another, which is why you so often see the call greeted with disbelief and considerable dismay.

-----
    Never underestimate the power of stupidity, of the one and of the many.
    Words to|live by

Quote Originally Posted by TheBluePorygon View Post
    Not much of a point really -_- but it would make the east a little easier
    The Orioles aren't easy enough?

Quote Originally Posted by PsychicPsycho View Post
    I get that it would give both sides an equal number, which would seem to cause a problem; you'd have a team from each league that wouldn't do anything while the rest were playing. I guess if they staggered the schedules right, it may turn out that the solo team would only be out of action for a day. And I heard about the division removal on ESPN; I can't site any articles with it. It might've just been the opinion of someone on there.
    They'd probably have to expand interleague play some more and stuff but it's able to be done. Funnily enough, I heard them discussing division removal today. I can't remember if it was just an opinion of one person or not though.

I don't know that the chance of a team making the world series are that much different between the two leagues anyway. I would seem the better way to make sure no one gets left out is to expand the playoffs.
    If they ever did do that, hopefully they would reduce the amount of time it takes to complete the regular season.

Quote Originally Posted by woot21 View Post
    Pirates 2 games over! Only 3 out of first place. Going to face the struggling Indians! Top 10 ERA in MLB! 2 pitchers with ERAs in the low 3s! Another with a sub-3 ERA! Is this really happening? HELLS YEAH IT IS!!! LET'S GO BUCS!!!!

woot21 out dawgs
    They're only three games out? I never hear anyone talk about them. Oh I see why, they're behind three other teams at the moment too. Hopefully they will be able to keep it up.

the mets just keep finding ways to lose. i was however dissappointed they lost because the braves are the phils biggest competition in the division braves would have been another game back.
    bushie
    HERE WE GO EAGLES

Quote Originally Posted by BCVM22 View Post
    A balk is defined as the pitcher moving in some fashion that "deceives" the batter.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Balk_(baseball)

Only "problem", if problem it is, is that some of these "acts" are so microscopic and so subjective that sometimes they're called, sometimes they're not, depending largely on the umpire, which means that a microscopic flinch might be called as a balk by one ump but not by another, which is why you so often see the call greeted with disbelief and considerable dismay.
    The Mets pitcher moved so slightly I didn't notice it at first. Bad way to lose a game.

the phils winning streak is over =( at least we weren't no hit. utley still looks good hopefully our offense doesn't go in the tank again.
    Last edited by bushie; 18th June 2011 at 3:12 PM.
    bushie
    HERE WE GO EAGLES

Gold unis 3 games in a row, 3 wins in a row for the A's!
    Pokémon Runner Challenge

Kahuna
    106.95 miles

Any other Rays fans here?

"What good is it for a man to gain the world, yet forfeit his soul?"

the phils defeated marines ace hernadez broke open in the 7th 5-1. lets keep rolling the cards ended the losing streak and the indians won.
    bushie
    HERE WE GO EAGLES

Gold unis 4 games in a row, 4 wins for the A's! Ha ha HAAAA!!!
    Pokémon Runner Challenge

Kahuna
    106.95 miles

Rays sweep the Hapless Marlins. 39-33 and 4 1/2 games back of the hated Red Sox. 2 back of the even more hated Yankees.

Big Game James Shields with his major league leading 5th complete game.

A's fans, how do you like Grant Balfour? I miss the mad aussie...

"What good is it for a man to gain the world, yet forfeit his soul?"

the marlins are 1-18 and their manager resigns probably because they got swept by my phils in a four games. the phils were shutout today shake it off and look forward to the next game.
    bushie
    HERE WE GO EAGLES

Quote Originally Posted by bushie View Post
    the marlins are 1-18 and their manager resigns probably because they got swept by my phils in a four games.
    I highly doubt it was simply because they got swept by one team. It was a long time coming really.

5 games in gold, 5 wins for the A's! Biggest question now is, will the gold jerseys match road grey pants?

So the A's swept the Giants in Oakland, while the Giants swept the A's in San Fran'.
    Pokémon Runner Challenge

Kahuna
    106.95 miles

Page 11 of 117 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314152161111 ... LastLast