Page 26 of 117 FirstFirst ... 162223242526272829303676 ... LastLast

Thread: MLB Baseball Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Zenotwapal View Post
    I don't watch Major League Baseball that much.
    But i usually go for either the Rangers or the Astros.

..... although they haven't done too hot in recent years.....
    Well they were better last year.
    3DS FC: 3652-1012-6122

Baking Soda, I got Baking Soda!

Quote Originally Posted by thebattleforntierash View Post
    Well they were better last year.
    and they are a good team this year. (rangers)

"What good is it for a man to gain the world, yet forfeit his soul?"

The Rangers are the leaders in a division in which half the teams are under .500.

I'm not saying they're a horrible team this year, but compared to the rest of the division leaders (and some 2nd place teams) they're not very impressive.

Quote Originally Posted by sceptile33 View Post
    The Rangers are the leaders in a division in which half the teams are under .500.

I'm not saying they're a horrible team this year, but compared to the rest of the division leaders (and some 2nd place teams) they're not very impressive.
    Wish the Rays had an offense like the Rangers to go along with their pitching :P

Quote Originally Posted by Rebecca R. View Post
    Are those 6 of his starts or just 6 regular games?
    lol being suspended for 6 starts would suck
    Snake? Snake? Snaaaaaaake!!!

Well the Rays won tonight with a game-winning hit from a rookie.

Feels like the first time the Rays are on the winning end of a one-run game.

Waiting anxiously to see how the Cubs finish up the series with the Pirates.. 3 for 3 is pretty damn good for the way we've played this year. But 4 for 4 would obviously be better.

Well the Rays won tonight with a game-winning hit from a rookie.

Feels like the first time the Rays are on the winning end of a one-run game.
    and an extra inning game at home on top of that. Come to think of it, that is the first time the Rays have ever come back twice in extra innings

Today I heard an analyst predict that Verlander will win the AL Cy Young and Halladay will take the NL award. Does anyone agree/disagree?

I'm inclined to agree, just off the top of my head. I can't really think of anyone better then Halladay in the NL. However, Sabathia seems like he could be pretty close to Verlander. I'd be more inclined to lean towards Verlander, sinces he's thrown a no-hitter and had at least 2 other times this year with a no-hitter through 7 (I think).
    I'm looking for a Serperior named Serpedera. It'll be at lvl 98 or above. If you happen to have such a pokemon please PM me.

Pretendeavors (Goals I have that don't really mean anything) Updated 10-04-13

Voltorb Flip, Level 8 Victories: 16
    White Geonet: All countries completed!!! (130), 505 Trade Locations (of 513)
    The Last Ten: Locations
    Arunachel Pradesh, India * Dadra & Nager Hall, India * Formosa, Argentina ()
    Henan, China * Himachal Pradesh, India * Lakshadweep, India
    Lubusz, Poland * Madhya Pradesh, India * Shaanxi, China () * Sikkim, India

Pokeathlon Pokedex: 493/493- COMPLETED!!! (01-05-13)

I agree that Verlander will probably win the AL CY Young this year. Sabathia has more wins than him right now but Hernandez winning the AL Cy Young last year shows that the voters aren't going to hold wins "as highly". Not that that matters though since Verlander is just one or two wins behind Sabathia at this point.

Fighting for real American turtles everywhere. Pro-Turtle since 6/30/13

What about Jered Weaver for the AL? he currently has a 1.88 ERA, which is very impressive. Nobody else has an ERA under 2.00.

What about Jered Weaver for the AL? he currently has a 1.88 ERA, which is very impressive. Nobody else has an ERA under 2.00.
    That's true but I feel that Verlander's season, for the reason's mentioned above, would seem pretty good in the eyes of the voters. I don't think Weaver's recent suspension would help him though since he misses a game and stuff though.

Missing one start isn't - or shouldn't, at least - have any effect on voting. He could have just as easily have missed a start due to a minor injury or a rainout or whatever.

-----
    Never underestimate the power of stupidity, of the one and of the many.
    Words to|live by

I think the point was that he was suspended, not so much that he missed a start. The voters probably wouldn't like that.

Which still shouldn't have any effect on the voting. Watch Verlander pitch some time; he barks at the ump every four or five pitches. He's the home plate ump's tolerance away from being warned or tossed at any given time.

-----
    Never underestimate the power of stupidity, of the one and of the many.
    Words to|live by

Quote Originally Posted by PsychicPsycho View Post
    Today I heard an analyst predict that Verlander will win the AL Cy Young and Halladay will take the NL award. Does anyone agree/disagree?

I'm inclined to agree, just off the top of my head. I can't really think of anyone better then Halladay in the NL. However, Sabathia seems like he could be pretty close to Verlander. I'd be more inclined to lean towards Verlander, sinces he's thrown a no-hitter and had at least 2 other times this year with a no-hitter through 7 (I think).
    Thats exactly what I was thinking too, though Weaver has a good chance of winning also.
    Snake? Snake? Snaaaaaaake!!!

Quote Originally Posted by BCVM22 View Post
    Missing one start isn't - or shouldn't, at least - have any effect on voting. He could have just as easily have missed a start due to a minor injury or a rainout or whatever.
    I think the point was that he was suspended, not so much that he missed a start. The voters probably wouldn't like that.
    I didn't mean to imply that missed start would affect him in that way. I meant that he would miss another chance to build up his statistics and what not. I think it'd be important to try and not miss any starts especially when another pitcher is being described as one that can throw a no hitter at any point this season.

I'm surprised nobody mentioned the Giants-Phillies brawl. Turns out that Shane Victorino will be serving his 3-game suspension, while Placido Polanco, Eli Whiteside, and Ramon Ramirez will be fined. I'll admit - the brawl wasn't all that great, but whatever.

Not to forget to mention that a racist from the bay's on the hot seat (Tony Bruno, radio host). Called Ramon Ramirez an 'illegal alien', and Giants manager Bruce Bochy a 'coward'. Gonna see how this whole story goes...

I saw the brawl on ESPN, and it was very boring.

Completely overshadowed by the Rays-Red Sox brawl of 2008. I actually saw punches in that one.

Completely overshadowed by the Rays-Red Sox brawl of 2008. I actually saw punches in that one.
    James Shields and Coco Crisp were duking it out. Funny thing is, you could actually see that brawl coming from the start of the game. Didn't Johnny Gomes tackle someone?

I saw it on MLB network. They were like 'oh, you've got to stay tuned for this crazy highlight from the Giants-Phillies game'. I was expecting like a grand slam or triple play, so I was somewhat dissapointed it was only a fight.
    I don't remember that one (which surprises me). The biggest one I remember was last year with the Reds and Cards, and that guy was against the net kicking people.
    I'm looking for a Serperior named Serpedera. It'll be at lvl 98 or above. If you happen to have such a pokemon please PM me.

I saw it on MLB network. They were like 'oh, you've got to stay tuned for this crazy highlight from the Giants-Phillies game'. I was expecting like a grand slam or triple play, so I was somewhat dissapointed it was only a fight.
    I don't remember that one (which surprises me). The biggest one I remember was last year with the Reds and Cards, and that guy was against the net kicking people.
    you should youtube it. Coco Crisp has a sweet matrix move on shields and Johnny gomes I believe tackles someone.

it was awesome.

Speaking of Shields and awesome, Shields threw another complete game shutout tonight. He has 8 complete games on the year which leads the MLB. 25 other teams in the league do not have 8 complete games with thier pitchers combined.

Who would've guessed that Shields would be so awesome this year?

I expected him to improve from last year, but not this much. He has exceeded everyone's expectations.

Quote Originally Posted by TheWatersGreatGuardian View Post
    you should youtube it. Coco Crisp has a sweet matrix move on shields and Johnny gomes I believe tackles someone.
    Uh.........oh there it is. Thought I wouldn't find any real footage of it.

I do remember that now that I've seen it again. That definately looks more like a fight then what occured the other day.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWatersGreatGuardian View Post
    Speaking of Shields and awesome, Shields threw another complete game shutout tonight. He has 8 complete games on the year which leads the MLB. 25 other teams in the league do not have 8 complete games with thier pitchers combined.
    I tuned in about 8 (dinner took forever), and saw that it was the 9th already, with only one out to go. It seemed to be going pretty fast so I wondered if maybe he had a no-hitter going or something (I think Burle's (sp?) perfect game took about that long). Even though it wasn't, it still sounded like he performed impressively. I'm not too familiar with his stats; do you think he's got any chance at the Cy Young?

Uh.........oh there it is. Thought I wouldn't find any real footage of it.

I do remember that now that I've seen it again. That definately looks more like a fight then what occured the other day.

I tuned in about 8 (dinner took forever), and saw that it was the 9th already, with only one out to go. It seemed to be going pretty fast so I wondered if maybe he had a no-hitter going or something (I think Burle's (sp?) perfect game took about that long). Even though it wasn't, it still sounded like he performed impressively. I'm not too familiar with his stats; do you think he's got any chance at the Cy Young?
    1:53 minutes long, shortest ever at tropicana field. I don't think he has a shot at Cy Young. He has a had a couple of bad games that ballooned his ERA. If he had an offense though, he would probably have 15+ wins by now.

Page 26 of 117 FirstFirst ... 162223242526272829303676 ... LastLast