Page 3 of 117 FirstFirst 12345671353103 ... LastLast

Thread: MLB Baseball Thread

The Twins just got swept. Am I surprised. Not at all. The last time they won a series was in 2002, last time they got a win was in 2006.

Go Yankees! Glad to see us firing on all cylinders and, contrary to what many people believed, being able to "turn on the switch," if you will. The same thing happened IIRC in 2000.

I'm also glad to see the Rays/Rangers series going 5, while we're resting (hopefully not rusting) up. We'll have the pitching advantage over whomever we face the first game of the ALCS, at least, considering that both aces are going tomorrow.

I'm actually rooting for the Rays in this game because Divisional playoff series are always fun. We'd better win it if it happens, though!
    Wi-Fi Information

Generation IV: 0945 8756 3712

Generation V: 4513 8790 3689

Generation VI: 2509 2637 2112

Quote Originally Posted by Needs a Deoxys View Post
    Go Yankees! Glad to see us firing on all cylinders and, contrary to what many people believed, being able to "turn on the switch," if you will. The same thing happened IIRC in 2000.

I'm also glad to see the Rays/Rangers series going 5, while we're resting (hopefully not rusting) up. We'll have the pitching advantage over whomever we face the first game of the ALCS, at least, considering that both aces are going tomorrow.

I'm actually rooting for the Rays in this game because Divisional playoff series are always fun. We'd better win it if it happens, though!
    I was happy the Twins got swept again as a Sox fan, but now I'm against the Yankees. I'd like to see Texas in the World Series to be honest. I want Texas/San Fran in the World Series.
    BLACK TEAM!
    (I have claimed Honchkrow, the Don)
    [IMG]http://i51.*******.com/xfnpc5.png[/IMG][IMG]http://i56.*******.com/21l4h6t.png[/IMG]
    R.I.P. Shiny Dusknoir and Shiny Ratticate
        Spoiler:- Credit:

Go Yankees! What a comeback in the 8th inning to beat the Rangers 6-5.
    Wi-Fi Information

Generation IV: 0945 8756 3712

Generation V: 4513 8790 3689

Generation VI: 2509 2637 2112

Quote Originally Posted by Pseudo-Unlegendary View Post
    The Twins just got swept. Am I surprised. Not at all. The last time they won a series was in 2002, last time they got a win was in 2006.
    Nope, A's swept 'em. http://www.baseball-reference.com/po...06_ALDS2.shtml

Anyway, I officially don't care who wins the WS anymore. I originally was rooting for the Twins, but if they didn't get there I would have been content with either the Rays or Braves. Now I just want good baseball regardless of who wins.
    Quote Originally Posted by card986 View Post
    of course i can use google. its taught me more then school.

Quote Originally Posted by SkinnySweatyMan View Post
    Nope, A's swept 'em. http://www.baseball-reference.com/po...06_ALDS2.shtml

Anyway, I officially don't care who wins the WS anymore. I originally was rooting for the Twins, but if they didn't get there I would have been content with either the Rays or Braves. Now I just want good baseball regardless of who wins.
    I didn't just mean to the Yankees, I meant just in postseason baseball in general.
    BLACK TEAM!
    [IMG]http://i51.*******.com/xfnpc5.png[/IMG][IMG]http://i56.*******.com/21l4h6t.png[/IMG]

Yankees really screwed up last night but I think pettites gonna show the rangers whats good on monday

i really hope the giants beat the phillies i hate the phillies so much
    wow this place really dropped off in activity huh.

Yankees really screwed up last night but I think pettites gonna show the rangers whats good on monday

Great matchup. The all-time postseason wins leader vs. a guy who's postseason record is 6-0 with an ERA under 2. I really don't mind who wins that series, but I also dislike the Phillies very much. Werth cussing out fans, Utley dropping F bombs in front of kids and pretending to get hit by an Aroldis Chapman fastball, and fans running on the field (and getting tazed) during the game. I mean no disrespect to Phillies fans, that's just my impression of them.

New Chapter: Chapter 4- Unova

Pirates of the Caribbean: The Creature of Storms
    Also check out my completed crossover of Pokemon and Pirates by clicking the title!

"Take the helmet of salvation and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God."
    Ephesians 6:17

Great matchup. The all-time postseason wins leader vs. a guy who's postseason record is 6-0 with an ERA under 2. I really don't mind who wins that series, but I also dislike the Phillies very much. Werth cussing out fans, Utley dropping F bombs in front of kids and pretending to get hit by an Aroldis Chapman fastball, and fans running on the field (and getting tazed) during the game. I mean no disrespect to Phillies fans, that's just my impression of them.

Also check out my completed crossover of Pokemon and Pirates by clicking the title!

"Take the helmet of salvation and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God."

Wow the Yankees lost again. I was expecting a sweep, but it turns out the Rangers and Lee are better than I thought. Too bad Philly traded Cliff Lee, but I guess Halladay was worth it. The Phillies need to win this game to get a lead against the Giants, which will probaby then lead them to get into the WS.
    Snake? Snake? Snaaaaaaake!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ESPNfanatic35 View Post
    Pretending to get hit by a pitch is part of the game. Everyone does it. I'm also pretty sure not only Phillies fans run onto the field. Personally I've never seen any fan get tased either. Also, Werth's getting traded this year.

San Fran won. Awesome.

Texas is looking really good against the Yanks, I could see Texas taking it.
    BLACK TEAM!

Pretending to get hit by a pitch is part of the game. Everyone does it. I'm also pretty sure not only Phillies fans run onto the field. Personally I've never seen any fan get tased either. Also, Werth's getting traded this year.
    Yeah, those are all good points. Again, nothing personal, I just have a natural dislike for the Phillies since I've always liked teams like the Braves and the Reds. It's kind of like being a Yankees fan; most of them have that natural dislike for the Red Sox.

Speaking of the Yankees, the Rangers would have already knocked them out and gone to the World Series if it wasn't for that one big inning the Yankees had in Game 1. Even if they win the next two, though, they'll have to deal with Cliff Lee in Game 7. Not looking to promising for them, but they ARE the Yankees, after all, so you never know.

Quote Originally Posted by Money902 View Post
    Also, Werth's getting traded this year.
    He's a free agent at the conclusion of this season. They can't trade him.

-----
    Never underestimate the power of stupidity, of the one and of the many.
    Words to|live by

If the Yankees lose I'll be upset but the Rangers would've earned it. The pitching has been great and their hitters have been as great. It's too bad the Texiera injured himself last night but that's how it seems to go. Personally, I'd want to see the Giants and Rangers platy in the World Series. I still have hope that Yankees will manage to win the series but if they don't then it doesn't matter.

Quote Originally Posted by BCVM22 View Post
    He's a free agent at the conclusion of this season. They can't trade him.
    That's what I meant. The Phillies will most likely not resign him, and they already have a replacement in Dominic Brown, so that's why I mixed the two up.

Too bad they're getting owned by the Giants.

Giants are pretty close to winning the series. It's going to be difficult for the Phillies to win three straight even with their line up. Go Giants.
    Last edited by Niri; 22nd October 2010 at 1:39 AM.

I love that the Giants and Rangers are front runners, the Yankees rushed CC to keep them in it. It worked but now their ace is gassed while Texas' is the undefeated Cliff Lee, reserved forr game 7.
    BLACK TEAM!

How did they rush Sabathia? He was pitching on his normal rest.

And mark my words, Texas does not want Cliff Lee to pitch, because if he's pitching, that means it's Game 7, which in turn means the Rangers have lost two straight and are in the sudden death zone. No team wants that, ever, because anything can happen in a Game 7, and there's no tomorrow to escape to.

If the Rangers don't win tonight, they're going to quietly panic because momentum will have swung towards the Yankees. Likewise for the Giants tomorrow night in Philly.

-----
    Never underestimate the power of stupidity, of the one and of the many.
    Words to|live by

Rangers won!! Im soo proud of them.

Today is Giants and Phillies!!

My home team vs. my other home team...

Rangers won!! Im soo proud of them.

Today is Giants and Phillies!!

My home team vs. my other home team...

The rangers earned that win through timely hits and dominant pitching but it sucks that the Yankees lost. Better luck next year I guess. It's always good to see a team who hasn't had much success in the post season be able to move on to the World Series.

Phillies deserved to lose. Ryan Howard and co. pretty much sucked. Anyway, I'm still going to watch the World Series. Personally, I'd like the Rangers to win. I also think they are the better team, but the Giants might surprise me again.

Hell yeah! The Giants win the Pennant! Texas vs San francisco. The only problem now is who to root for :/. I'm from the Philidelphia area and loved it when I saw all the Phillies fans show up to school on Monday with no phillies shirts. I asked my one friend who's a Phillies fan. Hey, Why didn't the newspaper have a big bold headline about the phillies.

I'm so glad that the teams that spend the most sit at home this worlds series. And how about A-rod making the last out that's awsome. Also, here's a great video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aDLDD...ature=featured

I'll I have to say is "Let's go Mets!" and I hope you all have a wonderful time watching the World Series

YUM YUM JIMMY JOHN'S!

Cliff Lee really got beat up last night and it was kind of surprising to me since I always viewed the Giants as a pitching team that didn't score many runs.

Page 3 of 117 FirstFirst 12345671353103 ... LastLast