Page 4 of 117 FirstFirst 123456781454104 ... LastLast

Thread: MLB Baseball Thread

WOW the Giants won last night!?! I was really surprised. I'm not a big fan of the Rangers or Giants, so after the third inning, when the Rangers were leading, I stopped watching, expecting them to win. Next morning, I was watching ESPN, and I found out the Giants won by a lot. I'm sure no one was expecting this kind of offense against Tim and Clifford.
    Snake? Snake? Snaaaaaaake!!!

cant belive the giants one last night XD
    Don't YOU get tired of hearing people that go on about you likeing pokemon and how they wouldt be seen dead playing it, post this in your sig is your tierd of people saying it (started by lucario is best:-)

my platinum
    team

my soul silver team (started again so will put it up when done)

I think the Giants are gonna win again tonight and the series. Although, I can't be too sure until I see them play in Texas.

YUM YUM JIMMY JOHN'S!

The Giants won again. It was close until the bottom of the 8th where the Giants just got the big hits when they needed them. Both pitchers were really good but once again the Rangers' bullpen collapsed like they did against the Yankees in the ALCS. At least they have a day off today and are heading back home.

Last night's win was exactly how the Rangers used to play. If they keep this up, no doubt they will win the WS. For now it looks like the Giants will win the World Series though.

The Giants aren't going to win tonight is what I predict but I think that they will win in 6. Bumgarner was amazing last night with 8-innings of shut out baseball. Huff hits a 2-run homer and that's all that was needed to win the game. Sanchez played awesome defense in the game as did the Giants as a whole. Anyway, shutting the Rangers out at home and only giving them 3 hits in the gamer is amazing.

Trouble for Texas now. I don't know about tonight, but I think the Giants have an advantage.

The Giants won just like I thought they would except a game earlier than I predicted. Still, I'm happy that they won since they haven't won since the 50's. Well, the Rangers have never won a World Series if I remember correctly but they eliminated the Yankees so I'm biased I guess.

I didn't think the Rangers would win a series where they were losing 3-1. Renteria was the MVP, and he deserved it, I guess. It could have also gone to Matt Cain, though. This World Series wasn't as exciting as the last two. Maybe because it wasn't as close, or because the Phillies didn't play in it.

Opening day for the phillies. Halladay is doing well so far. Lets go phillies lets take it all the way.

So, the thread does still exist in some form...

I guess all I can say is.... WHOA. Were did this start come from? Completely surprised by the Indians and Royals good start. I'm partial to the royals of course. I was thinking about if they continued doing better and maybe made the playoffs. The thought of the royals being in the playoffs seems ridiculous. Guess I'm just used to the losing.

Also stunning, Red sox suck so far. Don't expect that to continue, but who knows....

What does anyone think about the play where Hamilton broke his arm, stupid or agressive?
    Quote Originally Posted by Heldigunner1 View Post
    Opening day for the phillies. Halladay is doing well so far. Lets go phillies lets take it all the way.
    They've got a great bunch of starters this year. I'm expecting them to go to the world series (big stretch). Halladay got hammered in his last start at home though; pretty surprising.

forgive me did not know this thread existed i'm a phillies fan so i'll probably rant about the phils. roy halladay best pitcher in mlb and lookin forward to the phils going all the way
    bushie
    white fc:2581 7084 0443
    soul silver fc: 4298 8231 5702
    WHITE 2 FC : 3182 9975 4292
    3ds fc: 4356 0302 3712
    HERE WE GO EAGLES

Bah, royals starting to tank. Maybe we'll be able to pick up some wins at home soon.
    Quote Originally Posted by PsychicPsycho View Post
    Halladay got hammered in his last start at home though; pretty surprising.
    Guess he was just saving it up; 14 K in his most recent start... whoa.
    Quote Originally Posted by bushie View Post
    roy halladay best pitcher in mlb and lookin forward to the phils going all the way
    Yeah, he's definitely up there. I don't know that I could specifically point out anyone better.

the NL central division looks like its gonna be a tight race this year.
    Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    Biggest Fan of the Diamond and Pearl Series: Dawn+Serena Fan

vance worley shutting down the nats strikin out werth 126mill batting just above 200. philles most likely to win the division. red sox are on their way back after the rough start the yanks with one pitcher and jeter hurting and a-rod unable to stay healthy all year the yanks might fall off.the rays are better than expected. how bout them tribes won six straight before losing last night. no disrepect to the royals fans but there not going anywhere this year need to add more payroll in my opnion easier said then done
    bushie
    white fc:2581 7084 0443
    soul silver fc: 4298 8231 5702
    WHITE 2 FC : 3182 9975 4292
    3ds fc: 4356 0302 3712
    HERE WE GO EAGLES

Anyone see that red sox-angels game last night? I've never seen a stadium that empty (even at a royals game). I guess there was a rain delay of like 2.5 hrs, though. That would have been cool to have stayed to see the whole thing. You'd know you were among the elite.

Did anyone see that groundskeeper get swallowed up by the tarp? That was funny

Oh, almost forget.... WOO!! First no-hitter! Definately what you would call an 'ugly' no-hitter, but still awesome. What's your opinion of the missed call at first? I'm thinking that it might have been ruled an error, so I'd still called the no-hitter legit.
    Quote Originally Posted by thedehydrator View Post
    the NL central division looks like its gonna be a tight race this year.
    Is that the divison where everyone's within like 2 or 3 games of .500?
    Quote Originally Posted by bushie View Post
    no disrepect to the royals fans but there not going anywhere this year need to add more payroll in my opnion easier said then done
    I'm not giving up just yet. They really sucked on their last road trip, but they play well enough at home that I'm still hopefull. Well, hopefull that they'll be close to .500 in the end. Not totally sure about the playoffs; pretty small chance right now.

And yes I've been hearing for years that we'll never get anywhere until the owner starts putting out more money.

Is that the divison where everyone's within like 2 or 3 games of .500?
    yes it is.

Wow, lee with 16 strikeouts in 7 innings. Is that more impressive then a no-hitter? I'm not sure; you've got to have some pretty sick pitches to strike out 16 guys.
    Quote Originally Posted by thedehydrator View Post
    yes it is.
    Then yes, that should be a tight race.

On the other hand, the AL central division doesn't look like it will be very close at all. The twins, tigers and white sox are in the basement, and the indians have the best record in baseball. Unless they start sucking and the royals or somone else catch fire, they'll probably walk away with it.

Wow, lee with 16 strikeouts in 7 innings. Is that more impressive then a no-hitter? I'm not sure; you've got to have some pretty sick pitches to strike out 16 guys.
    Then yes, that should be a tight race.

On the other hand, the AL central division doesn't look like it will be very close at all. The twins, tigers and white sox are in the basement, and the indians have the best record in baseball. Unless they start sucking and the royals or somone else catch fire, they'll probably walk away with it.
    Dont start assuming so early in the season, its only May and even though the indians are beasting it wont make it true that they will win...baseball is that kind of game that surprises you...and a no-hitter is more impressive than a 16 strike out game at least in my honest opinion. It shows you kept yourself mentally and physically in the game not to mention the entire team has to be into it also to make great plays...essentially a no hitter is the full team while a 16 strike out masterpiece (such as Lee's) is more of a personal or battery type of game. Thats my two cents at least...
    Almost there...

I just hope the Cubs start scoring more runs...they are horrible with their hitting with RISP.

Justin Verlander for the Tigers throw a No-Hitter today.

Two no-hitters for Verlander is pretty impressive. I could tell he asn't going to get a perfect game since he seemingly lost the strike zone for a while in the 8th and was battling a hitter, whose name escapes me, for 8+ pitches at the point I started watching.

Quote Originally Posted by Rebecca R. View Post
    he seemingly lost the strike zone for a while in the 8th and was battling a hitter
    The one walk was the end result of a 12-pitch AB in which Arencibia fouled off at least eight strikes before finally taking ball four. You don't throw a one-walk no-hitter if you've "lost the strike zone" at any point.

-----
    Never underestimate the power of stupidity, of the one and of the many.
    Words to|live by

Wow another no hitter today. For some reason I'm not as hyped about this one as I usually am. And I think another pitcher, gallardo, went through 8 innings without allowing a hit. Isn't that the guy that threw the 'imperfect game' last year? Wait, no, that was gallaraga. What was the reason they never reversed that call anyway?
    Quote Originally Posted by Brave Bird View Post
    Dont start assuming so early in the season, its only May and even though the indians are beasting it wont make it true that they will win...baseball is that kind of game that surprises you
    Yeah, that's true I guess. I mean, the mets lost a 7 game division lead 2 or 3 years ago with only a couple weeks left, so I shouldn't be giving up so soon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brave Bird View Post
    and a no-hitter is more impressive than a 16 strike out game at least in my honest opinion. It shows you kept yourself mentally and physically in the game not to mention the entire team has to be into it also to make great plays...essentially a no hitter is the full team while a 16 strike out masterpiece (such as Lee's) is more of a personal or battery type of game. Thats my two cents at least...
    I suppose I'm looking at it considering only the pitcher. If lee had stayed in the whole game, got the win and had 16K or more, I'd find his accomplishment more impressive. But given that all that didn't happen, I can't decide.

What was the reason they never reversed that call anyway?
    Because you simply can't go around reversing safe/out calls after the game ends, no matter how blatantly inaccurate they are. It opens up a can of worms in the worst way about the people who run the sport what can and can't be done with game outcomes and results after the fact. The right decision was to simply not start down that road.

Galarraga got more attention for throwing a not-perfect game than he would have had he actually gotten the perfect game anyway.

-----
    Never underestimate the power of stupidity, of the one and of the many.
    Words to|live by

Page 4 of 117 FirstFirst 123456781454104 ... LastLast